AS DAYLIGHT FADES AWAY

Post poetry that does not fit any of our categories here.
Linner
Diamond Member

AS DAYLIGHT FADES AWAY

Post by Linner » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:48 am

AS DAYLIGHT FADES AWAY

It starts so softly…
No herald horns blow,
Nor do town criers call…
God summons, and it is so.
Daytime goes to the other side of the world.

It goes so softly…
In a hush…darkness comes,
Like a soft, gentle rain…
God summons, and it is so.
Darkness comes tip-toeing, silent and sure.

Night steals in so softly…
A blanket of sleep over all,
Time to rest, it tells the land…
God hath summoned, and it is so.
Our part of the world sleeps in natural order.

We follow so softly…
Into the night we go,
Our bodies in tune with the earth…
God hath planned, and it is so.
The rhythm of natural order set in place.

Man progressed so softly…
Intelligence and need dictate,
Electricity battles the night…
God’s summons ? I think ‘no’.
As daylight fades away, man battles nature.

Ever so softly…
We have lost connection,
With earth’s natural rhythm…
Man hath summoned, and it is so.
Is this God’s plan ? Who is to know for sure ?

Moonchild
Linda Vale Martin © April 3, 2012
Last edited by Linner on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Re: AS DAYLIGHT FADES AWAY

Post by Pokey's Heart » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:53 am

Linner, your poems have always been so deeply wonderful and soul touching, but they just get sweeter and more poignant as the years go by my friend. This is just beautiful, and I love it.

I watched some programs on TV last night, one was Charles Stanley, talking about how God favors those who wait on Him. Mankind tries many times to move ahead of God, but He saves His very best for those humble servants who wait upon him, and are faithful to watch. May He forever bless your heart, your gifted pen, and your life in every way. Please God, let it be so.

I love you,
Pokers
"I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:07 am

LINDA, I LOVE EVERY WORD OF YOUR POEM. THIS IS ONE OF YOUR BEST WRITES GIRL. AS DAY LIGHT FADES AWAY REALLY REACHED OUT AND TOUCHED MY HEART AND SOUL, VERY PROFOUND POEM. GOD BLESS YOU, LOVE BRENDA

poet1108
Platinum Member

Post by poet1108 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:33 am

Linner: Words fail me.....this is just more than AWESOME.....God bless you as you continue to prepare for your move.....you are missed and loved so much......KayD
Poet1108--Kay A Davis

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Pokey's Heart wrote:Linner, your poems have always been so deeply wonderful and soul touching, but they just get sweeter and more poignant as the years go by my friend. This is just beautiful, and I love it.

I watched some programs on TV last night, one was Charles Stanley, talking about how God favors those who wait on Him. Mankind tries many times to move ahead of God, but He saves His very best for those humble servants who wait upon him, and are faithful to watch. May He forever bless your heart, your gifted pen, and your life in every way. Please God, let it be so.

I love you,
Pokers
Oh, Pokers....what an absolutely AWESOME comment !! Thank you more than I can say...my Shady Moon "got it" !! Bless you, for you are one of God's chosen few, of this I feel so sure !! I can see us now, up in Heaven...we'll get in trouble for staying up after sunset just to watch our special friend, the MOON, rise and cover the earth below us in His glorious light !! Maybe we'll get "Angel Detention" !! I can't wait !!

Love forever and always...Moonchild !! :D :wink:
Last edited by Linner on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:06 pm

Brenda Pike wrote:LINDA, I LOVE EVERY WORD OF YOUR POEM. THIS IS ONE OF YOUR BEST WRITES GIRL. AS DAY LIGHT FADES AWAY REALLY REACHED OUT AND TOUCHED MY HEART AND SOUL, VERY PROFOUND POEM. GOD BLESS YOU, LOVE BRENDA
BRENDA, THANK YOU...THANK YOU SO MUCH !! YOU HEARD THE FIRST TWO VERSES LAST NIGHT, BUT THERE WAS SO MUCH MORE COMING IN, WASN'T THERE ?? I'M SO PROUD (if God will allow it !!) OF THE COMMENTS ON THIS POEM...FOR ALL OF YOU WERE SO TOUCHED BY THE WORDS SENT TO ME FROM GOD. BLESS YOUR HEART...

LOVE YOU, TOO...LINDA :D :wink:

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:11 pm

poet1108 wrote:Linner: Words fail me.....this is just more than AWESOME.....God bless you as you continue to prepare for your move.....you are missed and loved so much......KayD
DEAR KAY....THANK YOU FROM MY HEART FOR NOT HAVING THE WORDS !!! THAT IS SUCH A SPLENDID COMMENT ON THIS WRITE !! AS FOR THE MOVE, IT IS PROGRESSING AT MY PACE...TOO MUCH BENDING OVER HURTS MY BACK, SO I TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME !! THANK YOU ALWAYS FOR YOUR UNENDING LOVE FOR ME....SUCH AS I HAVE FOR YOU, MY DEAR FRIEND !!

LOVE ALWAYS, LINNER :D :wink:

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:19 pm

I want to apologize for the original small text on my write. I have a new server, given to me by the Windows Technical Team, after they came into my computer and rid it of hundreds of viruses and errors that NORTON ANTIVIRUS was not picking up. As a result, my computer, which is 7 years old, now runs like it is a brand new machine !! I finally figured out how to doctor my text. I have to do one action at a time. Then I go back and highlight the text again, add the second choice, and vice versa. My new server is called MAXTHON, and it is a terrific product with many perks to it.

Anyway...that is all I had to say...just wanted to apologize for my ineptness at first....but I've overcome it....YAAAYYY !!! :P :wink:

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:22 pm

Linda,
I agree with what everyone else said this is a Masterpiece ! You are one Awesome writer and I always look foward to your next one! This is so Beautiful!
God Bless You Love Eva

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Hope wrote:Linda,
I agree with what everyone else said this is a Masterpiece ! You are one Awesome writer and I always look foward to your next one! This is so Beautiful!
God Bless You Love Eva
Oh, Eva....thank you very much for your words, girl !! I am so ashamed that I haven't been posting on others works. This move has me totally wrapped up, and there is still a lot to do. I am so blessed that you took the time to come and comment here, and I thank you again from the depths of my heart, Eva. I won't ever be able to catch up on my own comments on others, I know that for a fact...but you of all people know how much your own work is so valued here at NetHugs, and so blessed are we to have the honor of reading and being so close to one who is also one of God's angels. May your pen never stop, either !!

Love to you always, Linda :D :wink:

condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

Post by condorfromtheandes » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Oh, Moonchild, my precious friend Linda!! :D
I am speechless every time I have to post my comment, because I do not know what else I could say to praise your wonderful poems. (((Bravo, again and again!!)))
I could say that I just adore you with all my heart, and I hope God blesses you with showers of blessings on your way, especially now that you are moving back to Florida.
I would love to offer my helping hands to help you with your moving.
Anyway, my heart is right there next to you whispering hope in every moment, in every breath you take, Moonchild, my precious friend Linda. I'll call you soon...
God keeps blessing you, Linda dear!!
All the best always,
Monica. :D
Condorfromtheandes.

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:12 am

Nice write Linda..Unfortunately I cldn't open the Link You sent me, to either poem; just got Lucky & found them, but cld. not hear the Song.."Good Luck' on your move..."God Bless"..Your Friend.'Pastor/teacher/author Shirley ann shaw~~~