He Just Gave Up!

Post your Christian poetry here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hope
Diamond Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

He Just Gave Up!

Post by Hope » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 am

He just gave up he lost his will,
Not knowing that God loved him still.
Life seem to hard so he just quit,
Forgetting with God he could make it.
He packed his things and got ready to leave,
With tears in his eyes he could hardly see.
Feeling all alone he closed the door,
Never wanting to look back any more.
Slowly he began to walk away,
When a loving voice called his name that day.
I’m here for you and I love you so,
Sit down lets talk before you go.
I know that you don’t understand,
But for your life I have a plan.
Open your heart and let me in,
You’ll never feel alone again.
Your life will change and you’ll be set free,
For you will now be walking with me.
He felt the Son shine all around,
And where real love was truly found.
He just gave up the things he did not need,
To his Father who loved him and helped him see.

Written By Eva Dimel
Inspired By God
January 13th 2013

Judith Johnson Kypta
Gold Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: He Just Gave Up!

Post by Judith Johnson Kypta » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:01 am

A very nice write, Eve. . . Sometimes, one does have to "give up" before he can go to God, or let God. . .Show His will.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
JJK
What the world requires of the Christians . . . is that they should continue to be Christians

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:43 pm

I've been in those shoes a time or two in my life dear Eva, I've walked that path of just giving up, and it's not worth the misery or the feeling of aloneness. A wonderful reminder that when we walk with God, He will take care of all of our needs. Thank you for sharing this my friend. GLYASDI
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Judith,
Thank you so much and you are so right about giving up sometimes.

God Bless You Eva

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Steve,
Thank you, I have been there also at times but, Thank God He always brings me back to Him where I belong!

God Bless You Love Eva

condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

Post by condorfromtheandes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi Eva, sweet dear friend,
This poem is a thought provoking masterpiece.
One may feel disappointed and want to give up on life.
Time will tell the ending tale...
I have been through that kind of path many times.
The unbearable pain inside might not be tolerated as easily as
many people may think...
Each case is different, and everybody is not the same.
Anyway, I love your wise poem.
God keeps blessing you with poetical muses.
Warm Hugs,
Monica.
Condorfromtheandes.

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Monica,
Thank you I always appreciate your comments so much!

God Bless You Love Eva

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Dear Eva.,
I know many times I felt like giving up myself when things didn't go right.
But I remember that God through the power of prayer will see us through our times of trial and such.
If only we believe in Him.
I really love this blessed beautiful write of yours my dear friend.
Just an awesome write too.
GLYASDI
B.J.

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:23 pm

B.J.
You are so right God will see us through those times when we just feel like giving up! Thank you for comments I appreciate you so much.
God Bless You Love Eva

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:01 pm

OH, DEAR EVA, HOW I CAN RELATE TO THIS POEM. AT TIMES I THOUGHT I WAS THE WALKING DEAD BUT NEVER DID I FEEL GOD WASN'T WITH ME. I JUST DIDN'T LET HIM TAKE CONROL AT THE PROPER TIMES, BUT IN THE END I GAVE IT ALL TO HIM AND FOR THE BETTER. LOVE YOUR POEM. GOD BLESS YOU. LOVE BRENDA

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:21 am

Brenda,
I know I have felt like this at times also, thinking things will never get better. But Thank God He proved me wrong showing me that with Him all things are possible! Thank you so much I always appreciate your comments.
God Bless You
Love Eva