The Most Charming Woman

Post your non religious inspirational / motivational poetry here.
Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

The Most Charming Woman

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:02 pm

The Most Charming Woman

She was loving, and kind, so patient, and sweet:
Virtue flowed through her from her head to her feet.

Never an unkind word did she speak;
Never did she nag, or complain, not a peep!

"O, how I'd love to be like her in every way!
I must know her secret, without delay:"

So, I crawled through a window and hid under her couch;
Listening and observing, as quiet as a mouse.

From morning till evening, I took lots of notes:
She exercised, she cooked, and she cleaned high & low.

This woman was the most charming I had ever known;
Till five o'clock came and her husband was home!

Yes, she was the most incredible woman I've known
Whenever she was anywhere at all..... alone.

HA! Gotcha!
Don't let someone's dill pickle make your sweet one, sour! -Happy's Thoughts!

Linner
Diamond Member

Re: The Most Charming Woman

Post by Linner » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:33 pm

OH HO HO !!! YOUSE FINKS YOUSE IS VEWWY CWEVER, EH ??? It is a good li'l peek into the Holmesy Humor, that's for sure !! I love it and yes, you "GOTCHA'd" me !!!

Love ya...Linner :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:27 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LINDA, THAT'S SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!
I would have loved to have heard your thoughts while reading it, then seen your face and mouth when you got to the end. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it that I gotchidja!
hee hee ho ho ha! Thanks for the laugh girl! I was so afraid people wouldn't get the end, that I didn't make it clear enough....thanks so much for falling into my trap.....HAHAHAHA!!! -Hillariously Happy Holmesy

ImSaved2
Platinum Member

Post by ImSaved2 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:52 pm

That's me!!! Until I get out of bed every morning that is!!!! All that achieved perfection only takes place in my dreams!!! LOL!!! This is great!!! What a funny surprise at the end :lol: :lol: :lol: TTYS!!!
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:2

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:54 pm

WHO IS IN THE PICTURE, CHICKIE ????

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:02 pm

"TTYS?" Jeanette? What's that? Try Tomorrow Yummy Spaghetti? No, that wouldn't be it. Take Time You Sef? That what you said about being that way until you get up in the mornings? There's something written by someone about that too: someone told me the story or read it to me one time of a person who was so kind and hadn't sinned yet, then they decided it was time to get out of bed. hahahahahahahha!! That story was hillarious, and realistic. Okay, sees ya later. -Dawn
Last edited by Happy Holmes1 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:12 pm

Linda, that's my late great Aunt Myrtle: she was a dear till her husband got home. Not really, I have no idear who that woman is....it is a random picture. Tanks for askin.' -Holmesy

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:17 pm

I think Jeanette meant "TA TA, YOU SIWWY" !!! AND YOU ARE, TOO...

ImSaved2
Platinum Member

Post by ImSaved2 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Talk To You Soon!!! But you are silwwy :lol: :lol: :lol: And Linner is too!!! Hahahaha!!!
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:2

Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Post by Janice Kennedy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Great poem, Happy. You made me laugh again.We all wear different faces at different times, but this lady really went over board with it.

I hope Honey George had a great day!!!

Love and Blessings Joyful Jan ))(( :D :D :D )))(((
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:32 pm

Dearest Jan, thanks to you for starting that wonderful birthday thread, yes Honey George had a very busy productive and good day. He wanted to continue working on our walkway that is getting gorgemouser by the day. This poem is like all of us I think b/c the meaning of it is: we are all so perfect when we're alone and don't have to worry about dying to the flesh....it's easy when we're by ourself. hee hee ha haa ho hum! I know it may be kinda hard to understand. :? :lol: -Dawn

mystery
Registered Member

Post by mystery » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Great story telling and it made me smile .... thanks for that!!!! I just loved the way you kept us in suspense until the end ... great poetry, M xxxx :D

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:25 pm

hee hee Mystery, so glad it made you smile. Ahhhh, got you good! :lol: :D You're so sweet to let me know, thanks my dear! -Dawn

dwest1960
Registered Member

Post by dwest1960 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:51 am

Hey Happy, You always seem to be so happy, how do you do it?
That was a very cute poem you wrote. I confess, I was one of those who didn't get it. ha! Many of us do think we're so perfect until someone points out our faults. Even then, we don't always pay attention, huh? ha! I'm glad we can poke fun at ourselves, and you do a superb job of making us laugh. I've been off this a while, but I'm fixing to add a new poem to my list. Have a wonderful Sunday! God bless!
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:37 pm

Hi my dear Deb! You are kind to comment so positively on this poem that I had fun writting. The Lord is the One Who puts the thoughts into my mind and helps me to somehow write it where others can understand it....otherwise my words would make no sense at all.. Ihave tried to write something in the flesh, but it comes out discumboomerated. (That means, all messed up.) :lol: :lol: As for joy, it is the Joy of the Lord that is our strength, so no matter what we face, we must force ourself to "Think on these things......" according to Philipians 4. O, I have my moments and my days like anyone else believe me, then the Lord will steer my reins in the right direction by giving me a verse like last night, "Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.: I have as many chances to be down and go into despair/depression as anyone else: just yesterday my husband and I got word that a boy we fostered is 19 now and is facing a "life sentence in prison for armed robbery." He was with 2 other boys and they shot the man 4 times. Thank the Lord it wasn't life threatening, but it could have been. It has really upset us b/c we wanted to bring him into our home 3 years ago and finish raising him, but we were "out of their county", so we couldn't they said. There are several sad and bad circumstances around us that we personally face, but the Lord keeps saying. "Think on THESE THINGS." That chapter helps me often and tremendously my dear. It helps me to make myself focus on the solution, and not the problem. I hope so much it helps you. Sincerely, Happy Dawn