First Art Post

Post your artwork, photographs and videos here.
jennsi79
Silver Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

First Art Post

Post by jennsi79 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:32 am

Since I was the one that said this could work, I figured I should be the first to post in it. If I cannot back my idea, then I should except no one else too. Thank you webmaster!

Okay, this is kind of a repost, but it envelopes the entire idea as a whole. What I am posting is a piece of Art work I drew on the computer. I started out with a white screen and finished 3 days later with this drawing. The story that goes along with it is based on my life, trials I have been through and my outlook towards God. I hope you enjoy this.

Stand Not Alone

So many times in our lives we feel as if we are alone, that there is no one there that understands what we are going through and question why we are put through the things we must endure. Not so long ago there was a child who was born early. She was born with lungs that were not fully formed and ulcers in her throat and mouth that made it almost impossible to eat. The doctors did not give her much of a chance of survival.

Yet the child grew, though faced with many health issues. By the time she reached high school she had been in the hospital or sick one third of her life. To the point where she stayed in doors to avoid anything that may aggravate her lungs. Just mowing the lawn for a few minutes sent her to the ER, her lips purple from lack of oxygen.

Still, she kept on, always pushing herself. Her blood was mixed, which made it difficult for this Chicago born girl to fit into the town she was now in, residing in south Georgia. Family problems seemed to haunt her and she moved out of her home at the tender age of 17. Told she would never graduate and she would never amount to anything.

By the time she graduated High school, not on time but even ahead of those her own age she had already accomplished much in her life. Being an accomplished trumpet and French horn player, a Who's Who Among American High school Students, a registered black belt in Tae Kwon Do, a national champion in her martial art and one of the top female martial artists for her age. Despite her health and lack of faith from people, she still did all these things. She stood alone, working to support herself and getting into college.

As time went on she was married young, a mere 19 to a man that changed drastically after the marriage and not for the better. Leaving him, alone once again she stood.

She remarried not long after to a man that seemed destined to find her and help her. Years more passed and things did not always seem to go her way. Many hospitalizations due to her lungs and liver damage due to the medications plagued her. She lost a child but thankfully had one within a year of her losing her first child. Her miracle child she called the baby.

More years passed and she lost another child. Feeling once again that she was standing alone but never giving up on anything. She became a published author and poet, won awards for her words, became not only an American Who's Who Poet but an International one as well.

Her health continued to fade when she became pregnant once again, her blood pressure dropping dangerously low, gestational diabetes setting in towards the end of her pregnancy, her breathing becoming worse. During delivery, no pain medication would help ease the pain and even the epidural did not take affect, only made her worse. After her baby was born, she once again felt as if she had had another miracle.

After a little while she stopped one day and looked around her, yes she was sick and yes she had been through so much but why? Why had all this joy come with all this pain. She felt alone once more. Then she realized that everything happened in her life for a reason. Because of her health she learned to deal with anything that came her way and never to give up. Because of her lost children, she learned to love and treasure the ones she had even more. Because of her family problems, she had learned how not to treat her family.

She realized that she was not alone, that God had been there the whole time with her, walking beside her and helping her through each point in her life. God was the strength when she was weak and sick, the comfort that came after loss, the happiness that filled her when she accomplished something others thought she could not and the love that filled her when she looked at her family. She looked out before her and smiled. Knowing she had never been alone and never would be, because God was always there with her. He was the mountain she climbed and the firm ground in which her life had been built upon. The cooling waters that drowned away her fears and the soft wind that comforted her.

In her mind she thought, "Stand not alone, for He is always with me."

~Artwork and Story By Jenn Fossett~

LadyMustang
Platinum Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by LadyMustang » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:40 am

Hey Jenn This is so beautiful and I thought it was a very touching story and it was so beautifully written as well you did a wonderful job on this I thinks it just grest totally awesome!!!!!! " Congradulations" You did it and we can to now thank you so much!!!

LadyMustang
God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called

bradmurphyackermanms
Diamond Member

Post by bradmurphyackermanms » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:11 am

Nice story and artwork, too, Jenn. I applaud you for your efforts in broadening our frontier here. Thank you.

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Hi,jennsi79

Post by Shirley Shaw » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:44 am

I like This,
I think it's Pretty;
And a neat Way,
To "express",Oneself,Too!
Cool-Idea!
Your Friend,
Shirley Shaw-Raytown,Mo.64133

Deborah Lynne
Diamond Member

Post by Deborah Lynne » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:52 am

I loved this the first time you put it up. I still do!!!! Beautiful artwork, Jenn!
Deborah Lynne

I am not perfect. I am a work in progress. I have the greatest carpenter who ever
lived repairing me. Do you know Him?
His name is Jesus Christ.

Deborah Lynne
Diamond Member

Post by Deborah Lynne » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:13 am

I just notified Webmaster, Dot.
Deborah Lynne

I am not perfect. I am a work in progress. I have the greatest carpenter who ever
lived repairing me. Do you know Him?
His name is Jesus Christ.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:26 am

I thought it might be jenn cause I said I didn't know how to do the pic thing
I am not able to read instructions well
I learn by watching and looking at pics

Doug Holt
Diamond Member

Post by Doug Holt » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:44 am

Jenn,

The Idea is GREAT

...............................Picture FANTASTIC.

.............YOUR TRUE STORY AWESOME.

I feel so great to be part of Net Hugs Family

Thank you Jenn for sharing your gifts and love.

God Bless you and all others in the net hug family

Doug I think I can drop the manic for a while xoxoxoxox :D
Thoughts Are Living Things With Wings.

You Are Never Alone. When You Think Of Others

And They Think Of You.

No Matter Where You Are

GOD Is With YOU All The Time.

Doug Holt

littlefeather500
Platinum Member

Post by littlefeather500 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:27 am

Jenn this is great. And I love your story. I am so gld you joined us. could you please tell me how to post pic. I am working on something and I would like to put a pic with it.
Littlefeather500

jennsi79
Silver Member

Post by jennsi79 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:33 am

Posting a picture in the forum is the same as posting a picture in your signature. I have a tutorial posted about it in the site support section.

Um, nope I was not the guest that posted, I haven't a clue who that is.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments! Really means a lot to me! Bless you all!

sillysal
Gold Member

bravo!

Post by sillysal » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:57 pm

Beautiful artwork and a heartfelt write! Marvelous :)!
:)Sandy

Lifeistoshort
Gold Member

Post by Lifeistoshort » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:56 am

very beautiful
hugs Kim

jennsi79
Silver Member

Post by jennsi79 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:09 pm

Thank you both :)

~hugs back~

windigospirit
Silver Member

Post by windigospirit » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:37 am

awesome.... I'm speechless...which is RARE for me

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:01 pm

A master piece at best, artwork and story. Very touching, somewhat sad, but also encouraging and hopeful. You are a special person Angel Jenn. May God hold you gently in his loving hands as we will hold you in ours.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!