~ BONDS OF FRIENDSHIP~

Post your friendship poetry here.

Moderator: Jeff Guest

~ BONDS OF FRIENDSHIP~

Postby wvhillbilly47 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:35 pm

~ BONDS OF FRIENDSHIP~ Image

There have been many times that I'd lose grip and then fall,
And, you were there beside me to help me rise above it all.
There have been many times when I'd reach the end of end,
And, you inspired me by giving hope to just start over again!
YOU INSPIRED ME!

There have been times when I had lost all that I had gained,
And, you brought me bright sunshine to send away the rains.
There have been many times that I'd just quit, giving all up,
And, you'd bring me a drink of renewal from friendship's cup!
YOU WERE SUNSHINE!

Then, all the times that I had been slipping and sinking so fast,
You encouraged me to reach out to grasp hope that would last.
As, I was spinning in frantic circles of chaos, around and round,
You threw out the anchor that placed me back on solid ground!
YOU RENEWED HOPE!

The bond of friendship that I have with you is one richly blessed,
As, it is one that has survived, as it passed every friendship test.
You and I've remained friends in the good times, as well as bad,
Your pledge of loyalty, as a friend is the truest I have ever had!
OUR FRIENDSHIP IS BLESSED!

The commitment of "togetherness" we have had all these years,
Will surely continue to build as we move onward past life's tears;
And, as we reach the point in our lives, called "The Golden Age",
I shall look back and extend a thank you for each and every day!
OUR FRIENDSHIP WILL LAST!

Sheila, Thankful for special bonds of friendship!
Sheila Kline
(c) Posted on NetHugs Poetry Friendship Forum
August, 2008

The proud heritage of my forefathers has given me the freedoms that are those to claim as mine. May I always give homage to the sacrifices they have made to bring me to this place, this day!
wvhillbilly47
Platinum Member

Postby Janice Kennedy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:24 pm

A very beautiful and heartfelt friendship poem, Sheila. A 5 Star ***** for sure.

Love and Blessings Joyful Jan
:D :D :D
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME
Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

DEAR SHEILA;

Postby Shirley Shaw » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:07 pm

THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL FRIENDSHIP POEM...I LOVE IT... YOU HAVE PUT YOUR WHOLE HEART AND SOUL INTO THIS ONE, WHICH I KNOW U DO ON ALL OF YOUR WRITES, BUT THIS ONE, IS A SPECIAL GEM!!! THAT'S WHY EVERYONE LOVES YOU SO MUCH, INCLUDING ME!!!! MAGNIFICENT WRITE, INDEED....."GOD BLESS YOU AS ALWAYS"...LOVE, SHIRLEY ANN SHAW.....
Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

~ BONDS OF FRIENDSHIP~

Postby wvhillbilly47 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:18 pm

DEAREST JOYFUL JAN!
IF ANYBODY KNOWS ABOUT BONDS OF FRIENDSHIP, I AM SURE THAT IT IS YOU WITH YOUR OVERFLOWING SPIRIT OF LOVE AND JOY! YOU ARE OUR FRIENDSHIP AMBASSADOR HERE AT NETHUGS!
THANK YOU FOR THE ***** RATING!
I NEEDED A CHANGE FROM THE SADNESS, AND FRIENDSHIP IS A TOPIC OF DEVOTION AND LOVE, SO MY SPIRIT CAME HERE.
THANKS SO MUCH!
LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP,
SHEILA
The proud heritage of my forefathers has given me the freedoms that are those to claim as mine. May I always give homage to the sacrifices they have made to bring me to this place, this day!
wvhillbilly47
Platinum Member

~ BONDS OF FRIENDSHIP~

Postby wvhillbilly47 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:20 pm

DEAREST SHIRLEY ANN..............AND THE SAME FOR YOU, AS I SAID FOR JAN! I AM CERTAIN THAT YOUR FRIENDSHIP BONDS ARE ONES THAT LAST FOREVER, AS THAT IS THE LOVING AND KIND SPIRIT THAT YOU ARE!!! WE JUST COULDN'T MAKE IT WITHOUT THEM! YOU ARE A DEAR FRIEND TO ME, AND TO MANY OTHERS!!!
LOVE AND HUGS!!!!
SHEILA
wvhillbilly47
Platinum Member

Postby Shakela » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:13 pm

Dearest Sheila

This is one of the most touching of your poems that I have read. This is a poem that has your heart and soul all over it. There's many a thing that you can find in friendship even if that friendship doesn't last. There are ups and downs in friendship as well but this is the one relationship that you'll have for all eternity!!
The relationship between a husband and his wife, a child and its mother, between siblings and other family relations always has a tendency to end but in friendship when one ends, you turn back and there's another waiting for you. The cycle never ends....This is an exquisite poem in honour of friendship and I am truly honoured by your friendship and the love it extends. Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem, Sheila. God bless you and all those you love.

Shakela
Platinum Member

Postby DeaconSteve » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:54 am

THIS IS CERTAINLY ONE OF THE MOST TOUCHING FRIENDSHIP POEMS THAT I HAVE READ ALSO, DEAR SHELIA, AND WAS SAID YOU PUT YOUR HEART AND SOUL INTO THIS, AND YOU LOVE FOR YOUR FRIENDS IS A BLESSING FOR THOSE OF US WHO HOLD THAT BOND WITH YOU SO DEAR. YOU CERTAINLY HAVE BEEN ON A ROLLER COASTER AT TIMES WITH ALL THAT YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH, BUT YOU ARE STRONG AND HAVE SAW YOU WAY THROUGH IT ALL, NOT AN EASY TASK FOR ANYONE. THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST PERSONAL WRITES THAT I THINK YOU HAVE WRITTEN. IT'S ABOUT YOU AND HOW MUCH FRIENDSHIIP MEANS, YOU DO NOT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED, BUT YOU CHERISH THOSE WHO SHARE THAT BOND, AND I BELIEVE THAT INCLUDES JUST ABOUT EVERYONE HERE AT NETHUGS. YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL DEAR ONE. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH FOR THE GIFT OF YOUR FRIENDSHIP, THE GIFT OF YOURSELF, AND OF COURSE YOU TREMENDOUS LOVE FOR GOD. BE BLESSED IN EVERY WAY MY FRIEND.

GLYASDI
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!
DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Postby Ma. Theresa A. Coronado » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:37 pm

How I love this poem! So sincere and heartfelt! Thank you so much for the sharing, Sheila!

Love and prayers,
Theresa :D :D :D
Ma. Theresa A. Coronado
Silver Member

~ BONDS OF FRIENDSHIP~

Postby wvhillbilly47 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:55 pm

Dearest Sweet Shakela.....this poem does come from the innermost part of my heart and spirit, as I am so grateful to God for all the wonderful friends that I have had in my life - and especially those that I have met here at NetHugs! My life has truly made a 180 degree turn since I have joined, as I have met the best people in the world.....and truly the world.....here on the forums!
God bless every one of you, and thank you for the bonds of friendship that we have forged together!
With lots of love,
and in friendship!
Sheila
wvhillbilly47
Platinum Member

~ BONDS OF FRIENDSHIP~

Postby wvhillbilly47 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:59 pm

Dear Steve.....
Your precious words have deeply touched me as you have remarked about this write of deep friendship that I made formed with so many here at NetHugs, with you certainly included. My life is completely different than it was a year ago, because of so many of you, and I praise God for these wonderful gifts of friendship!
Yes, I have been on a roller coaster ride for most of my life, but by the grace and love of God, I am making it through life - sometimes just sliding by the skin of the teeth, as the old saying goes.....but, I am making it! It would not be possible if it were not for the love of precious friends who are inspired by our Lord Jesus Christ!
Love and Hugs!
Sheila
wvhillbilly47
Platinum Member

~ BONDS OF FRIENDSHIP~

Postby wvhillbilly47 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:34 pm

Dearest Theresa!
Thank you so much for commenting about this poem - it is truly for all of my precious friends, including you, here at NetHugs! You guys and gals have certainly helped me weather the storms of the past year, and those lurking in my past! Gosh, how I love all of you so much! You are friends of the best kind!!!.....BONDS OF FRIENDSHIP 'FRIENDS'
Hugs and Love,
Sheila, MS. Lady of Love
wvhillbilly47
Platinum Member

Postby condorfromtheandes » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:53 pm

:D Dearest friend, Sheila:
Woooww!! How magnificent is your poem in all magnitudes!!
You have written one of the loveliest friendship poem that I have ever read lately. I love the title: "Bonds of Friendship." God bless you!!
It´s so real the way we love our true and everlasting friends.
Your poetic style indeed, touch my heart in a special way.
Thank you for sharing your superb poems with us at Net Hugs, Sheila!!
(((Hugs and Love in Christ))) MONICA. :D
Condorfromtheandes.
condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

~Bonds Of Friendship~

Postby wvhillbilly47 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:04 pm

Sweet Monica!!!
You are the kind of friend to form special bonds with.....you are always saying the nicest and kindest remarks to our poems.....and you are such an encourager and motivator!!
Thank you special friend! Image
An Angel of a Friend!
Sheila
wvhillbilly47
Platinum Member

Postby ImSaved2 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:28 am

Sheila, this is *****5 stars for sure! Absolutely one of your best! Friendship is all of this. I nominate this one for an e-card! I would for sure send this to my best friend!! ((Jeanette)) P.S. Just as soon as Mom (Janice) shows me how to do nominations. She spends every Thurs. at my house visiting James so she should be here soon!
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:2
ImSaved2
Platinum Member

~Bonds Of Friendship~

Postby wvhillbilly47 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:41 pm

God love you Jeanette!
By the time, I am posting this, you have nominated this for an ecard, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart of friendship! You are always so kind and considerate!
Hugs and Love......and Friendship! Image
Sheila
wvhillbilly47
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Friendship Poetry