PARENTS SHOULD LISTEN!

Post your stories here.
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

PARENTS SHOULD LISTEN!

Post by Brenda Pike » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:32 am

BEAUTY THE EYE BEHOLDS.jpg
BEAUTY THE EYE BEHOLDS.jpg (55.97 KiB) Viewed 1778 times
Two generations have now grown into this “new age” world of parenting in American culture. By overindulging and pampering their little darlings, they have forgotten the importance of discipline, and in so doing, they have become lax to the point of allowing their children to run wild with no manners or etiquette whatsoever.

Summer break is a time for the youth of today to lay about playing video games, watching TV, and visiting with friends long hours on expensive phones Mom and Dad pay for at the end of each month.

It's a vicious cycle for children today. Until parents lay down some rules, and get control of these monsters they’ve created, America has a run away train full of spoiled-brat-heathens who will one day be in charge of our nation. Now, that will be a catastrophe!

Most parents are so busy working to have a lifestyle that is totally unnecessary for them and their youngsters, it's easier to just ignore the kids— instead, buying them lavish gifts, and taking them on vacations Bill Gates couldn’t afford in order to make up for quality time they choose not to spend with them.

Today’s parents also chose to do all the yard and housework themselves, or hire it done rather than listen to a screaming, rebellious child say, No way!”

Nothing is out of reach for these children—have you heard of a pair of sneakers costing two hundred dollars? Well, they do now! Along with keeping their mortgage payments up to date, car payments, credit cards, household expenses, etc., parents are paying these ridiculous prices to keep their little darlings in the latest, brand-name fashions.

I had occasion to visit a home this summer that was totally out of control. After three days, I was at my wits end. The lone child thought I was someone she could punch, or be entertained by all day playing games while listening to her constant chatter, and screeching. She even leaped on my bed the first night, leaving me nauseated and ill tempered.

This girl was twelve years old, and I felt her mother needed to be informed of what a child her age should have learned by now to someday grow into a responsible adult. I told the mom, her daughter needed to learn how to keep house, cook meals, do laundry and ironing chores just to start.

The girl’s room was a sight, and she had no shame in the piles and mess she left behind everywhere she went in the house. At her age, its high time she be taught how to live life as a giver not a taker, learn to be self sufficient, and appreciate her parents, and beautiful home they provide.

I finally got the nerve to speak to the mother in a kind and gentle manner, explaining how I had tried to get her daughter to do some laundry to help lighten the load on her mother who gave her everything, but “No,” was her reply.

I then ask how about sweeping the kitchen floor, and mopping it? She answered, “No, Mom will do it.”

Thank God, her mother knew of my strict upbringing, and appreciated my input. The very next day her baby girl got in gear, and completed the list of chores her mother told her to do while she was at work.

When Mom came home to a clean house with no laundry to do, she was delighted with the new experience. She was able to sit and relax while visiting a whole two hours with me.

She cooked a wonderful dinner, with daughter cleaning up the dishes, and thoroughly enjoyed the burden lifted from her shoulders. She loved the freedom of having time to enjoy her home and child after a long day at work.

She was all smiles, and thanked me profusely for steering her in the right direction.

I was grateful she took my advice, and put it into motion.

She even wanted me to stay longer to help her teach her daughter the art of being a lady with good manners.

“Will do next trip,” I told her...

Brenda Clark Pike

Hope
Diamond Member

Re: PARENTS SHOULD LISTEN!

Post by Hope » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Brenda,
This is so Good and a message so many need to hear. When they read about how you helped that one Mother you will have to pack your bags because you will be in big demand!!! Like you I was raised with chores and so was my children. I was the boss and Thank God I was able to work a job where I could be home for them when they came home and when they left for school.

God Bless You Love Eva

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:06 pm

FAMILY UNIT.jpg
FAMILY UNIT.jpg (43.2 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
EVA, THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. THERE NEEDS TO BE A CLASS FOR PARENTS ON REARING CHILDREN AND HOW TO DO IT IN A POSITIVE MANNER. PARENTS BECOME PARENTS WITHOUT AN INSTRUCTION BOOK AND LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF BOUNDARY LINES FOR CHILDREN. GOD BLESS AMERICA, AND GOD LOVES YOU. BRENDA

Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Post by Janice Kennedy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Dear Brenda, I really enjoyed reading this. You would make a perfect Nanny.
I think that, that is what people are called who help others teach the young ones how to
behave properly. That is the way that I was raised and that is the way that I raised my children.
I hope that this is read by many.

Below is a picture of my grandson, Matthew who lost his right
leg, just above the knee in Jan. He does his own laundry, cleans his own room, and does part of the
cooking. When I was at their house the other day, and it was lunch time, not only did he fix me lunch,
but he also bought it to me. The other man, is his Dad.

GLYASDI, Jan ))(( ))(( )))(((
Attachments
Brian and Matthew.jpg
Brian and Matthew.jpg (78.95 KiB) Viewed 1767 times
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:58 pm

JAN, I'M AT THE AGE NOW I DON'T THINK I COULD TAKE ALL DAY WITH TO MANY CHILDREN. BUT BELIEVE ME I HAVE OFFERED SOME OF THESE MOTHERS WHO HAVE CHILDREN OUT OF CONTROL TO LET ME TAKE THEM FOR A FEW DAYS. THE KID RAN LIKE HE THOUGHT HIS MOTHER WAS GOING TO LEAVE HIM. THEY KNOW WHEN I SPEAK TO THEM IN A FIRM TONE THAT I MEAN WHAT I SAY AND REALIZE THEY'VE CROSSED THE BOUNDARY LINE. GLAD YOU ENJOYED THE STORY, TRUE ALSO.

YOU HAVE A NICE LOOKING GRANDSON AND LOOKS LIKE HE IS DOING WELL. THANK GOD. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. LOVE YOU, BRENDA

izzyfalcon
Diamond Member

Post by izzyfalcon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:36 pm

Spare the Rod,...Spoil the Child!... There's much Lawlessness, today; and this is why I strongly believe, our Lord Jesus shall return to us,...within our life-span. We His Disciples, are very much at work; striving in the necessary "Discipline", to be counted worthy of being called part of,...His Family!...

The word "No", needs to be incorporated more often than not; into our children's World!... The lack of it, has gotten us,...the chaos; with which, we live today!...

This is an outstanding testimony, of what one person; a God Fearing person, can do as far as having a very positive "Influence"; in other's lives. Kudos to you, my precious friend; for being a exemplary child of our Living-God!...

Happy will be the day, we hear; "Well done, my Good and Faithful,...servant"!... Amen. When we look back, and our Lord displays all the other Souls; we were able to influence, in His Ways!...

Excellent message, thank you for sharing this; it brought me back, to how my mother has raised me. I am self-sufficient, when it comes to laundry, cooking, cleaning and all the other excellent virtues; of a God-Fearing, servant of our Lord, (Christ-Jesus)!...

Your Friend,
Izzy!...