With Praise We Come

Post your Christian poetry here.
Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

With Praise We Come

Post by Shirley Baucom » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:38 am

With Praise We Come
(can be sung to tune of "O Beautiful For Spacious Skies")

O Father, God, we come to You;
Our hearts are full of praise.
Your faithfulness has blessed us so,
Our thanks to You we raise
You’ve never faltered in the love
Your mercy does impart,
You’ve never turned from us, O God;
Though we have grieved Your heart.

Apart from You, we’re nothing more
Than sinners who are lost,
Unfit to share the love that sent
Your Son to bear the cross.
Without the blood He shed that day
We’d have no peace within.
But as He died there in our place,
He saved our souls from sin.

And now, O God, we come to You
As children of the King!
We lay aside our selfish will,
Our hearts to You we bring.
O give us Lord, we ask of Thee
The power to know and do,
Just how to live our lives each day
That we may honor You.

Shirley Adcock Baucom
November 14, 2010

Doug Holt
Diamond Member

Re: With Praise We Come

Post by Doug Holt » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:18 pm

WHAT A WONDERFUL hYMN YOU HAVE WRIITEN FOR US

YOUR A MUTI TALENTED PERSOM SHIRLEY

And I appreciate you.and your encouragement to others.

Thanks for sharing your God Given Talents with us all.

KUDOS.

Doug. :)
Thoughts Are Living Things With Wings.

You Are Never Alone. When You Think Of Others

And They Think Of You.

No Matter Where You Are

GOD Is With YOU All The Time.

Doug Holt

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:03 pm

My dear friend Doug, thank you so much for your encouragement and support. I'm glad you liked my hymn...another song I can sing to the Lord. I am truly blessed that you are able to browse the forums and comment.
It always lets me know that you're feeling well enough to be here and that's wonderful. I thank God for the testimony of your life, dear brother, and for the support and encouragement you offer to others.
Love and blessings, Shirley

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Shirley,
I LOVE this it is so Beautiful, and I sung it to the tune of oh Beautiful, it is just perfect in every way and truely a Blessing!

God Bless You Love Eva

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:33 pm

Bless your heart dear Eva, I'm glad you liked my poem. I hope everything is well with you and all your family. I was wondering how your daughter is doing. Hope she's recuperating well from the surgery she had. Love and prayers, Shirley

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:30 am

Shirley,
My Daughter is doing good so far Thank God! I really appreciate all your prayers and your concern for her that means alot to me. You are so kind Thank you so much!

God Bless You Love Eva

SILVERFEATHER
Registered Member

Post by SILVERFEATHER » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:50 am

DEAREST SHIRLEY,

WHAT A GREAT INSTRUMENT THE LORD HAS GIVEN YOU IN ORDER TO GIVE PRAISE UNTO OUR FATHER UP ABOVE. THOUGH I MAY BE NATIVE AMERICAN BLACKFOOT INDIAN, MY HEART AND MY SPIRIT BELIEVES IN OUR GOD. THE TWO OF US HAVE THE SAME FATHER, THE SAME GOD AND MY SOUL IS FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE MAN. I HAVE THE GREAT SPIRIT, THE MANITOU AND OUR HEAVENLY FATHER, ALL THE SAME IN MY HERITAGE; TO THANK FOR THE BREATH THAT HAS BEEN FLOWING THROUGHOUT MY VIENS SINCE THE DAY HE BLEW A BREATHE INTO MY MOUTH.

I ASK YOU AS I HAVE PRAYED, THAT YOU WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO TELL THE WONDERFUL POETS HERE ON NETHUGS.COM TO NOT SHUN ME FOR BEING AN INDIAN, FOR I BELIEVE AS MUCH IF NOT MORE IN THE MAN THAT CREATED THIS EARTH. I AM OK AND AM NOT EVIL AND MY POETRY IS HERE FOR THEIR CONSIDERATION.

MY DEAR FRIEND SHIRLEY.
WOULD YOU BE SO KIND AS TO MAKE MENTION OF THAT FACT? YOU HAVE READ MY POETRY AND I BELIEVE YOU CAN TELL THAT MY MESSAGES ARE IN GOOD FAITH? MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND HIS POETIC FOLLOWERS.
I STAND IN HIS LIGHT AND THAT IS THE SAME AS LOVE.

SILVERFEATHER/R.LEE :) ))((

RLDPoetry
Gold Member

Post by RLDPoetry » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Jesus Celebrated Thanksgiving
Jesus Thanksgiving.jpg
Jesus Thanksgiving.jpg (74.12 KiB) Viewed 2735 times
Dear Shirley,

Thank you so very kindly for writing this most beautiful song in Gods sight. His precious blood from the fountain keeps on cleansing us. "Dear Father, thank you for bringing us our Lamb Jesus Christ and that nothing, not even death could keep Him, the grave could not hold Him, and sin could not conquer Him, and He rose as our High Priest, In Your Sweet, Sweet Name, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, thank you for our Thanksgiving Love, Your Loving daughter, RaquelLeahDuPont, amen.

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:49 am

P7240492.jpg
P7240492.jpg (93.77 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
SHIRLEY B, BLESS YOUR HEART, A WONDERFUL HYMN AND PRAISE TO OUR LORD HERE AT THANKSGIVNG TIME. OR ANY TIME AS FAR AS THAT GOES. SILVERFEATHER HAS REQUESTED A VERY SPECILA MESSAGE FOR YOU TO DELIVER TO ALL OF HUGS FRIENDS. HOW COULD ANYONE DISCOUNT HIS BEAUTIFUL POETRY, OR HOLD PREDUICE AGAINST OUR NATIVE AMERICAN INIAN? GOD BLESS YOU. LOVE BRENDA
PASSION FLOWER
PHOTO BY- LINDA V. MARTIN

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:28 pm

Dear Silverfeather, thank you so much for your gracious comments on my poem/hymn/\. I'm very glad you liked it. I have really enjoyed the poetry I have read here of yours, and I don't think anyone would not appreciate and love them. Some folks are probably like me, flitting through here trying to catch all the new poems and sometimes we plan to come back and post a reply, then more poems have been posted and we get behind on our replies. I do try to read as many as I can. You are a very good poet, I've enjoyed your poems and stories. I've always been fasinated with our native American history. Until I was well into my adult years, I thought I was part Cherokee Indian, was told that when I was growing up, but after my Aunt Jean(on my daaddy's side) researched their family tree, she told us that their Grandma was not Indian but had ancesters from France. I ran across the picture of my great-grandparents a week or so ago, and she sure looks like an Indian to me. I was very proud when I thought I had Indian blood. Two of my dad's brothers could have portrayed Indians in movies.
I don't think that anyone would have a problem with your ancestry and don't see how anyone could not love your poems. Please don't be discouraged. I have poems that aren't replied to very much, but I pay attention to the number of viewers listed and if they're being viewed a good number of times, I feel like someone's getting the message God put in my heart and I leave the results to Him.

Please know that I read as many of your poems as I can, whether I post or not, and I do enjoy them.
May the talent you've been given continue to bless and inspire.
From one poets heart to another, Be blessed and happy in this talent Shirley B

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:36 pm

Brenda, dear friend, thank you for your kind words about my hymn, and I am thankful for your friendship. You mentioned Silverfeather's request.... I hope he doesn't become discouraged, I think his poems are beautiful. I haven''t been able to read all of them, especially on the forums I don't get to visit often, but I enjoy the ones I do read. Hope you're well and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love and blessings, Shirley

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:19 am

November 25, 2016
Yesterday was Thanksgiving and my heart was full of praise for the blessings God has bestowed upon me, and I thank Him for the blessings of my country. I feel a great eagerness for all of us to be much in prayer as the coming weeks pass and our new president will take office. Without a lot of prayer from God's people throughout our land, Our President-Elect or his cabinet cannot on their own, accomplish all that is needed to bring back the honor and glory of America, and we cannot become slack in praising God for what He's done in the past, in trusting Him for what He's doing in the present and in faithfully praying that He will bring healing and revival to our nation.
May God be praised and lifted up!!!