LEONARDO DE VINCI'S CUP

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

LEONARDO DE VINCI'S CUP

Post by Brenda Pike » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:34 pm

nordic-landscape-nature-photography-iceland-15.jpg
nordic-landscape-nature-photography-iceland-15.jpg (184.04 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
Leonardo De Vinci's Cup

"Sir, we would see Jesus."1

I have read that when Leonardo de Vinci was forty-three years old, the Duke Ludovinco of Milan asked him to paint the dramatic scene of Jesus' last supper with his disciples.

Working slowly and giving meticulous care to details, he spent three years on the assignment. He grouped the disciples into threes, two groups on either side of the central figure of Christ.

Christ's arms are outstretched. In his right hand, he holds a cup that was painted beautifully with marvelous realism.

When the masterpiece was finished, the artist said to a friend, "Observe it and give me your opinion of it."

"It's wonderful!" exclaimed the friend, "the cup is so real I cannot divert my eyes from it."

Immediately Leonardo took a brush and drew it across the sparkling cup! As he did he exclaimed, "Nothing shall detract from the figure of Christ!"

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, please grant that nothing I ever do or say will ever detract from the beauty of Christ being seen in me. This I can only ever do with your help. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus' name, amen."

1. John 12:21.
Daily Encounter
Submitted By:
Brenda Clark Pike

norman
Platinum Member

Re: LEONARDO DE VINCI'S CUP

Post by norman » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:31 am

nicely done brenda
TO SOME WE SEEM LIKE A GENIOUS
TO SOME WE SEEM LIKE A FOOL
BUT OUR WORDS OF POETRY