BEAUTIFUL MUSIC

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

BEAUTIFUL MUSIC

Post by Brenda Pike » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:09 pm

PLEASE PLAY ON.jpg
PLEASE PLAY ON.jpg (102.56 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
Beautiful Music

Jesus said, "You are to go into all the world and preach [communicate] the good news [the gospel] to everyone, everywhere."1

According to an article in Turning Point Daily Devotional, "Fritz Kreisler (1875-1962), the world-famous violinist, earned a fortune with his concerts and compositions, but he generously gave most of it away. So, when he discovered an exquisite violin on one of his trips, he wasn't able to buy it. Later, having raised enough money to meet the asking price, he returned to the seller, hoping to purchase that beautiful instrument. But to his great dismay, it had been sold to a collector.

"Kreisler made his way to the new owner's home and offered to buy the violin. The collector said it had become his prized possession, and he would not sell it. Keenly disappointed, Kreisler was about to leave when he had an idea. 'Could I play the instrument once more before it is consigned to silence?' he asked.

"Permission was granted, and the great virtuoso filled the room with such heart-moving music that the collector's emotions were deeply stirred. 'I have no right to keep that to myself,' he exclaimed. 'It's yours, Mr. Kreisler. Take it into the world, and let people hear it.'"2

God has given you and me the greatest news and most powerful "music" in the world—the message that Jesus died on the cross to save mankind from the dreadful consequences of sin, so that all who come to him can receive God's forgiveness and His gift of eternal life. This is the message Jesus commissioned us to take to the world so everyone, everywhere will hear it and have the opportunity to have their sins forgiven and receive God's gift of eternal life.*

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, please make and use me 'as an instrument' of Your love and peace to communicate Your great salvation in some way to every life I touch—through being 'as Jesus' to all, and as opportunity arises to share Your gospel message of eternal salvation. Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus's name, amen."

1. Mark 16:15 (TLB).
DAILY ENCOUNTER
Submitted by:
Brenda Clark Pike

Sharlee
Silver Member

Re: BEAUTIFUL MUSIC

Post by Sharlee » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:16 pm

Hello Brenda, I so enjoyed reading this. One thing I do know is that whatever is thrown at you, there will be a blessing around the corner. I enjoy coming here to read what people post and many times I do not say anything about being blessed but I am blessed each visit. God bless you and Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. In His love, Sharlee

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:25 pm

DEAR SHARLEE, THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I PRAY TO OUR GOOD LORD HE WILL TAKE MERCY ON AMERICA AND EACH OF US TO DO OUR PART. TO MAKE AMERICA A BETTER NATION IN GOD'S NAME, AMEN. I PRAY ASLO FOR YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND WHO IS ILL, MAY GOD BLESS YOU BOTH. LOVE BRENDA
Attachments
TO GOD BE THE GLORY.jpg
TO GOD BE THE GLORY.jpg (33.94 KiB) Viewed 2576 times
Last edited by Brenda Pike on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sharlee
Silver Member

Post by Sharlee » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:52 am

Thank you for your prayers Brenda. We both appreciate them. There are many times through all this that we have felt overwhelmed and we know there are those who are paying and that does make a difference. I always love your beautiful pictures. They are so special. God's blessings be with you always.

In His love, Sharlee

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 am

white-angel-angels-20261433-750-550.jpg
white-angel-angels-20261433-750-550.jpg (54.11 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
DEAR SHARLEE, I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION DEALING WITH OUR MEDICAL FACILITIES. I HAVE INSURANCE AND STILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH LOTS OF RED TAPE. WE AS SENIOR CITZENS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE SHUFFLED THROUGH A LINE OF RED TAPE. YOU JUST HAVE TO PRAY AND ASK GOD TO GET YOU THROUGH. WE'VE HAD TO MANY CHANGES IN THE MEDICAL FIELD AND NOT FOR THE BETTER EITHER. SORRY YOU'VE HAD A TRYING TIME GETTING THE ATTENTION YOU NEED. GOD BLESS YOU AND PRAYERS GOING UP FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVE ONES.
LOVE BRENDA

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Brenda, thank you so much for sharing this beautiful message and prayer. It touched my heart!
Love and blessings, Shirley

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:49 pm

THANK YOU DEAR SHIRLEY FOR YOUR BLESSED COMMENT. MANY BLESSING MY FRIEND. LOVE BRENDA