COMMON DECENCY

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

COMMON DECENCY

Post by Brenda Pike » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:21 am

WISHING.jpg
WISHING.jpg (51.48 KiB) Viewed 2042 times
December 26, 2012 by Bob Livingston

PHOTOS.COMManners, common decency and respect for others are lost American traits.
Interactions turn nasty at the drop of a hat. Name-calling and the violence now pass for discussion. Young children are resorting to theft.
I recently wrote about some of the signs of societal collapse here. Here are some more, taken from recent headlines:

A Pennsylvania man became irate after the replacement hamburger he requested contained a slice of cheese. The replacement was necessary because the first one he ordered at the drive-thru also contained a slice of cheese. He parked his car, entered the restaurant and demanded and received a refund. He then cursed the staff, knocked over a trash can and threw a children’s high chair across a room filled with diners. When he realized that a restaurant worker had followed him outside to get his license plate number, the man grabbed the female worker, put her in a headlock and smashed the phone she was carrying. He then threatened to fight another employee before leaving.

A 65-year-old priest waiting on a bus was attacked with pepper spray and robbed of $125 at a bus stop in Philadelphia in broad daylight.
A college student riding a Chicago Transit Authority train was attacked by a man who put a sock filled with feces in her face and hair and on her clothes. The victim said she did not know the attacker and he uttered no words and did not demand her valuables. “I don’t know why he did it,” she said.

A diner at a Denny’s restaurant in San Antonia, Texas, became irate at being made to wait on his bill, so he set fire to the restaurant’s Christmas tree and left the restaurant. The flames caused $150,000 in damage to the business.

An 8-year-old girl was caught on a surveillance camera stealing a package off her neighbor’s porch in Clermont, Fla. Police investigating a spate of missing packages from the neighborhood believe the girl is responsible for all or most of them. Some of the stolen packages were found at a nearby abandoned house.

In Wentzville, Mo., barbershop patrons were discussing the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings. One patron said the incident “makes me want to murder the suspect.” For unknown reasons, another patron took that as a threat against him. He retrieved a gun from his car and fired three times at the other patron.

In South Union Township, Pa., two women tussled over a shopping cart at the Wal-Mart Supercenter. When one of the women abandoned the cart and grabbed another, the other woman “still engraged” then “ran down” the first woman with the cart, pushed it onto her back and began punching her in the face.

On a single afternoon in Chicago, a city in the State with the Nation’s most restrictive gun laws, a series of eight shootings left at least 10 people wounded, including four teenagers.

We live in a Nation in which God has been removed from schools, prayers are banned from public places and babies are slaughtered by the thousands on a daily basis. Unemployment remains high and inflation is sapping the wealth of the elderly and savers. Politicians squabble over whether they are going to screw us out of a lot of money or a lot more while ginning up class envy and promoting hatred of one group over another simply on the basis of wealth.

We have become an entertainment-centric, me-first society that has gone from slouching toward Gomorrah to a full-on sprint. We are on the brink of societal collapse.

BY: BOB LIVINGSTON
SUBMITTED BY:
BRENDA CLARK PIKE

Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Re: COMMON DECENCY

Post by Janice Kennedy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:52 am

Where has it gone to, Brenda? Where has common decency gone to?
After reading this with tears in my eyes; I wonder if there ever was any?
You have given us all somehing to think about and to ponder!

With love to all, Jan ))(( )))(((
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:59 pm

NEVER GIVE UP.jpg
NEVER GIVE UP.jpg (63.51 KiB) Viewed 2033 times
DEAR JAN, THIS ARTICLE IS HEART BREAKING AND IF TEARS COULD WASH AWAY THE UGLINESS OF OUR SOCIETY, THEN I WOULD HAVE DONE IT A LONG TIME AGO. YES, IT IS DANGEROUS ANYMORE TO GO OUT TO A PUBLIC PLACE FOR FEAR OF SOME NUT CASE WALKING IN AND SHOOTING UP THE PLACE. YET OUR ADMINSTRATION IS GOING TO TRY AND BAN OUR GUNS. THEY DON'T GO TO THE REAL PROBLEM THEY HAVE LEFT GOD OUT. THEY HAVE ATTACK GOD FOR SO LONG NOW PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE THERE IS A GOD. THEY HAVE NOT ADDRESSED MENTAL HEALTH FOR OUR VETERANS OR JUST THE COMMON MAN. DRUGS ARE USED BY SO MANY PEOPLE ALSO, THAT PLAYS A ROLE IN THIS COMMON DECENCY TOO. WHEN PEOPLE HAVE NO HOPE OR ANYTHING TO BELIEF IN THEY REVERT BACK TO A COMMON BABARIC NATURE OF MAN. WHERE WE ARE TODAY IN THIS TORMENTED SOCIETY IS AND EYE FOR AN EYE AND TOOTH FOR TOOTH. MANY CITIES ACROSS THE COUNTRY ARE DESERTED , WHY, CRIME DROVE THEM OUT OF THEIR HOMES AND TRAVELED AS FAR AS THEY COULD GO TO FIND SAFETY. IT IS NOW TO THE POINT IN ORDER TO PROTECT YOURSELF, YOU ALMOST HAVE TO CARRY A STUN GUN OR TAZAR GUN. SAD, SAD, BUT THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN REDUCED TOO.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT, GOD BLESS YOU. LOVE BRENDA

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Brenda,
This is so sad and a real eye opener we tend to get so caught up in our world that we don't always know what is going on around us! Common Decency should be something we have for everyone. I Pray this touches so many with all that is going on in this world if we can touch just one life at a time with Gods love we can make a difference! Even if it is just one person to God little things are big things!

God Bless You Love Eva
Last edited by Hope on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:57 am

your_own_sunshine.jpg
your_own_sunshine.jpg (29.96 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
EVA, THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT. AND I AGREE WITH YOU, THE LITTLE THINGS MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND IT SENDS THAT PERSON OFF WITH A BETTER ATTITUDE AND KINDNESS IN THEIR HEART FOR SOME ONE ELSE. YOU KNOW EVA, WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO FIX THE ENTIRE WORLD BUT WE CAN DO OUR PART ONE BY ONE TO BRING GOD BACK INTO OUR SOCIETY. MANY BLESSING DEAR FRIEND AND GOD GO WITH US. LOVE BRENDA

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:37 am

BRENDA, WHAT CAN I SAY ?? IT APPEARS WE'RE LIVING IN A WORLD GONE MAD. DRUGS NUMBER ONE. HOPELESSNESS NUMBER TWO. WHO CAN SAY WHAT WILL TRIGGER A RAGE ATTACK ? NO ONE. MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES NEED TO BE AGGRESSIVELY SEEN TO, IMMEDIATELY. HOMELESSNESS? THERE NEED TO BE ENOUGH PLACES THAT WILL BE THERE FOR THESE POOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE FALLEN ON BAD TIMES. OUR GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO STOP SENDING TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS AROUND THE WORLD AND BRING THE MAIN FOCUS BACK TO OUR OWN COUNTRY. WE ARE FALLING APART AND THE WORLD LAUGHS AT US AS THEY GLADLY TAKE OUR MONEY. THE UNITED STATES HAS ALWAYS EITHER BEEN THE DREAM OF MANY OR THE HATRED OF MANY. WHEN GOD MADE THE WORLD, IT WAS AN EDEN. WITH THE FIRST MISTAKE, IT STARTED TO SNOWBALL AND NOW LOOK WHERE WE ARE SO MANY CENTURIES LATER. THIS WORLD WILL NEVER LEARN FROM ITS MISTAKES, BUT ABSOLUTELY MUST STOP THE INSANITY WHEREVER IT IS....ELSE WE ALL WILL END UP IN A MUSHROOM CLOUD SAYING ADIOS TO THOSE WE LOVE, IF WE HAVE THE TIME. WELL, I STARTED WITH, WHAT CAN I SAY ?? GUESS I HAD A FEW THOUGHTS ON THE SUBJECT. WE MUST KEEP PRAYING AS A WORLD AND FOR OUR COUNTRY... GET THE LEAD OUT AND DO YOUR JOBS, GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS. Y'ALL MAKE ME PHYSICALLY ILL...

LINDA
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:28 am

HAPPY ENDING.jpg
HAPPY ENDING.jpg (21.58 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
LINDA, I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU'VE STATED, IT IS SO TRUE OF THE SITUATION WE ARE FACING. THERE ARE SO MANY SIMPLE SOLUTIONS TO OUR PROBLEMS HERE IN AMERICA IF ONLY SOME ONE HAD COMMON SENSE OR DECENCY TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT BY OUR COUNTRY AND PEOPLE. IF YOU'VE NOTICED THOSE THAT ARE RESIGNING FROM THEIR POSTION IN THE ADMINSTRATION, THEY LOOKED WEATHERED AND DARN FEED UP WITH THE BULLCRAP. THE PEOPLE OF THIS GREAT NATION NEED MORE CONTROL OF WHAT OUR ADMINSTRATION DOES AND DOESN'T DO. ONE MAN SHOULD NOT HAVE THE POWER AS I'VE SEEN IN THIS ADMINSTRATION OR 535 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CHOOSEN BY THE PEOPLE TO DO A JOB TO PROTECT THIS COUNTRY WITH SO MUCH POWER. LOOK WHAT HAS HAPPENED, WHILE WE HAVE PAID THEIR SALARY THEY HAVE BEEN GREEDY, CORRUPT AND LIARS ALL CLUSTERING TOGETHER AS THEIFS. TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM IS TO TAKE BACK AMERICA AND OUR TRADIONAL WAY OF LIFE, NO MATTER THE COST, LOOK AT THE COST ALREADY. THE DEBT WILL GROW EVEN MORE THE LONGER WE SIT LIKE DUCKS ON THE POND, WAITING FOR THE BIG BLAST. I COULD NAME A FEW OF THE WEALTH WHO COULD GATHER AND FORM A COMMITTEE TO STOP THE MADNESS NOW. HOW SAD, THEY'VE HAVE LOST FAITH TOO.. I CAN'T BELIEVE THE MADNESS THAT IS TAKING PLACE HERE IN AMERICA AND NO ONE HAS CONCSIENCES OF RIGHT AND WRONG FOR OUR GREAT NATION. THEY HAVEN'T AND WON'T STEP UP TO THE PLATE WITH COURAGE, BRAVERY AND SAY THE BUCK STOPS HERE BAD BOYS. I SEE THAT AMERICA IS REPEATING MANY PAST HISTORY FAILURES AND A DECLINE OF ALL TIME. GOD'S FLOCK IS OUT NUMBERED ALSO LINDA AND EVIL HAS A TIGHT REIGN ON PEOPLE NOW. SO WE ARE HEADED FOR THE DAYS THAT ARE DESCRIBED IN REVELATIONS. THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS I REALLY APPRECIATE FEED BACK FROM HUGS MEMEBERS. MANY BLESSINGS. LOVE BRENDA

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:21 am

Brenda, dear friend, I share your feelings and concerns and that of all who have replyed. Thank you so much for sharing this. It reminded me of an article I copied from The Aquila Report by Andy Webb written December 15th. I subscribe to Prophesy Watch Today News Report on-line , and this was included in one of their publications. The article is pretty lengthy and I'm not going to include it here but am posting it on the Lounge Forum. The title is, A Voice Heard in Ramah, A Voice Heard in New Town.
God bless you for sharing so many enlightning and inspirational articals with all your friends here at NetHugs. Love, Shirley

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:25 pm

tender-touches.jpg
tender-touches.jpg (33.33 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
HELLO DEAR SHIRLEY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT. I WILL BE WATCHING FOR THE ARTICLE YOU SPOKE OF. I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT ALSO. THANK YOU VERY KINDLY. GOD BLESS YOU. LOVE BRENDA