TIME MACHINE NEEDED

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

TIME MACHINE NEEDED

Post by Brenda Pike » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:19 pm

WATER, PLEASE.jpg
WATER, PLEASE.jpg (25.12 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
Time Machine Needed

Perhaps the ultimate irony of last month’s election is that Democrats won by accusing Republicans of wanting to turn back the clock. But it’s actually Democratic leadership that’s taking Americans back in time. A new study by New York University finds that In 2010, a year after the recession ended, the annual median wage in America dropped to $26,364, about what it was in 1999. But it gets worse for the middle class: while wages were returning to the ‘90s, thanks to the housing price implosion and other factors, the median net worth of Americans has fallen to $57,000 -- about what it was in 1969. So what’s new about 2012? Our staggering level of debt and the falling value of the dollar. To sum up: we’re paying 2012 prices with a 1999 paycheck and a 1969 net worth. The big question: where’s the time machine that will take us back to the ‘80s, when we knew how to fix this?

Thanks for your continued interest in my efforts. I hope you enjoyed these commentaries. I will send along some more very soon.

Sincerely,

Mike Huckabee

Submitted by:
Brenda Pike

Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Re: TIME MACHINE NEEDED

Post by Janice Kennedy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Thank you so much, Brenda for keeping
us informed. It seems to me, that our pay check has always been less that what prices are.
If I had the money I have today, 20 years ago, I would be living a lot better.

Love and Blessings Jan ))(( )))(((
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:33 pm

Brenda,
Thank you for this information I knew something was wrong this is Awful and it makes it so hard to make ends meet! I need that time machine!!!!

God Bless You Love Eva

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks Jan for your comment. Yes, I have to agree with you, prices have always seemed higher than our pay checks. there is never a fair balance between salary and the cost of items we have to purchase. Now why is that? God Bless you, love Brenda

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:47 pm

THANKS EVA, FOR YOUR COMMENT. OH, YES I COULD USE A TIME MACHINE AS WELL. BOY, I WOULD CHANGE SOME THINGS IN MY SPENDING. GOD BLESS YOU, LOVE BRENDA