UPDATE ON POET1108

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
poet1108
Platinum Member

UPDATE ON POET1108

Post by poet1108 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Hello to you Dear Ones at NetHugs: You have been in my thoughts and not forgotten. My life up here on the plateau outside of Huachuca City, AZ with dear hubby Roger has been bit of a busy one. Roger continues his work as VP/Site Manager for Wilkey Motor Co. in HC,AZ. That has left me to take care of the home front!

Our front bedroom tenant moved to Wisconsin in May (PTL) and the 1st of September the tenant living in the motor home purchased a mobile home in HC,AZ and moved the motor home to his daughter's property. For the first time in our married life, hubby Roger and I are where there are just the two of us with our Jonas cat and Amanda beagle dog. Although we all have caught a glimpse of Mom Cat and at least two kittens which are feral and which are living under the mobile home. At least we do have built in mice catchers.

Our property up here on the plateau consists of 4 acres, part of which slides down various ravines. The most of the plateau that is flat and upon which our single wide mobile home sits is probably close to two acres. Desert vegetation remains dry until the monsoons hit in July. Then with the moisture new vegetation growth begins and especially around the mobile home it is a good hiding place for unwanted guests such as snakes, Gila monsters, etc. And living with doctor's orders that Roger is NOT to do any kind of yard work because of his almost blind but even after surgery can't see out of left eye, yard work is left to me or hired hands. So in the cool of the mornings I have been weed-eating the property and trying to keep up with the weed growth and about one hour is all my back will let me work. This coming week our neighbor Lew with a front end/back end loader tractor will come and scrape off the largest portion of the top where the extension cord does not reach. Both hubby Roger and I are looking forward to a clean look again and most glad with the motor home moved we again have our view of the valley below.

I am healing from taking a ooopsy roll part way down the ravine this past Wednesday. I am ever so grateful for the bush that stopped me from going to the bottom and for my Father God's protection where I only have scrapes and scratches and no broken bones. I am also grateful that HE allowed my voice to carry, calling HELP, HELP, SOMEBODY HELP where Lew working on the road in the valley below about a mile away heard my calls, came and found me and called the Fire Department, who helped me back up to the top. And in my two hour wait for help, I got just the right amount of sun to give me a nice suntan.

My writing has been placed on hold as I work on creating quilt-top lap robes for senior centers and over some 20 CD's where I turned my writes into videos as a legacy for my sibs, daughter and son and their families.

In between times I do take a gander into the activity here at NetHugs and again each one of you are carried in my heart and thoughts. Blessings to all...... KayD and RogerP
Poet1108--Kay A Davis

Hope
Diamond Member

Re: UPDATE ON POET1108

Post by Hope » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Kay,
I am so Happy for you and Roger you need to have your home back. Thank God you were not hurt badly God is so good! It sounds like God is keeping you busy Thank you so much for letting us know how you and Roger are doing I know what it is like to be blind in one eye my heart goes out to him. I really miss you being here and your Wonderful stories, but I truly understand how busy you are.

God Bless You Both Love Eva

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:10 pm

Dear Kay, thank you for letting us know you are okay, and Roger, and critters is too.
We love you and can't forget you either.

GOD bless you all, safe in His care!! :) )))(((

Dawn
Don't let someone's dill pickle make your sweet one, sour! -Happy's Thoughts!

linda56
Gold Member

Post by linda56 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:19 am

Dear Kay, I am so happy that you are ok after that fall. I miss seeing you here and am so happy you wrote us a note on whats been happening in your life. Keep in touch...Love, Linda :)
Mark 12:13
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.