HOLY WEEK - DAY 1 FOR JESUS

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 am

triumphalentry.jpg
triumphalentry.jpg (117.36 KiB) Viewed 2293 times
Good Morning to All,

I am working on a series of messages this week and decided to share them here at Hugs. I don't how many there will be because God is in control. The main thing is about placing the focus on the tremendous sacrifice that was made on the life of each man and woman by Jesus Christ and our Father, God. The goal is to prepare our hearts and minds upon our Savior this week. Our goal is to be reminded of how much was accomplished in that one week before the Resurrection. I hope you will find a blessing here. PRAISE GOD FOR JESUS!!!

FROM JOY IN THE MORNING MINISTRIES

1 PETER CHAPTER 4:12-14 By Karen Bunker

4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

Yesterday was Palm Sunday. It is the first day of the final week of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ on this earth. When you really get into the study for writing a devotional, it really makes you seek to better understand what Jesus was doing each day prior to that night he was taken captive in the Garden of Gethsemane, where it all really began.

What a week He had. From his triumphal entry into Jerusalem unto the resurrection exactly one week later. On a merely human level, it is all but impossible to imagine. But the thought of all the sufferings, the persecutions, and the pain and the heartache of the crucifixion give way to joy and freedom and salvation, given as the result of His resurrection. Only Jesus, the Lamb of God, the only begotten Son of God the Father, could accomplish so much in one week. It is much like the creation in that respect. Just as God, through Jesus, created all things in one week, so did Jesus suffer, bleed and die and arose all in one week. Man, through Adam, chose to commit sin and as a result lost all that God had planned for him. Because of sin, we had lost all hope, until Jesus Christ was sent to cover our sins and provide the one and only Way to God.

Jesus suffered unimaginable pain for us. In the opening text, we are told that when we go through trials, don’t think it strange or unfair or even unexpected. The Bible says: REJOICE TO BE A PARTAKER OF THE SUFFERINGS OF CHRIST. It says that when HIS glory is revealed, that we, as partakers, will be filled with exceeding joy. It explains that we should be happy if we are rebuked for the name of Christ. We are told that in this circumstance the SPIRIT OF GLORY AND OF GOD RESTS UPON US AND….. HE IS GLORIFIED. In verse 16 of that same chapter it says, Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Jesus Christ suffered for us. He did it willingly. If we are persecuted or in any way have to suffer in the least for Christ sake, we should rejoice. No amount of suffering that we do could come close to what He went through. And God tells us not to be ashamed if we suffer because we are Christians, but let us each glorify God on this behalf.

Before the ascension of Christ we were given a great commission. We were told by Jesus Himself in Matthew 28:19 - 20: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. See the words “whatsoever I have commanded you”? IT SHOULD BE OUR JOY TO SPREAD THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST. We should have a burning desire to share this with every person alive. We should reach out each and every day in every place we go and everything we do handing out the gift of Jesus Christ and His love and be ready at all times to show them the Way of salvation.

Please don’t wait until it is too late. God’s word warns us all in Isaiah 55: 5-7 : Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

This is a very strongly worded warning to all mankind. SEEK YE THE LORD WHILE HE MAY BE FOUND. DON’T WAIT UNTIL HE CAN NO LONGER BE FOUND. YOU DON’T KNOW IF TOMORROW WILL EVER COME. God made this sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ, a free gift opened for each and every person to receive. He wanted that no man should parish. The scripture says that God is waiting for us to return to Him and he will not just give us mercy, BUT ABUNDANT MERCY AND WILL PARDON US! How much more does it take??

The love of Jesus Christ is a free gift for us. It cost Him His life, but He gave it willingly. Come to the Cross and be set free by the gift of Eternal Life through Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God.

The last week of the life of Jesus Christ was a full one. It was the ultimate scene of suffering and love. The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the greatest of all the gifts of God to a lost and dying world. It was God’s plan and Jesus was obedient to the end. Salvation is free. It is yours today, if you will reach out and take it while it can still be found. He is waiting.

Yesterday, I went to church and Sharan, my cousin goes to that church, as well. It is just a wonderful church and I was emotional from the moment I walked in. There is an early alter call in the service and when it started I felt myself being drawn down. Tears were already stinging my eyes and as I took my place with dozens (maybe hundreds) of others at the alter, Sharan took my hand and I just broke down. We prayed together and something opened my heart up and I felt my weary soul fall to its’ knees. As the preacher said his prayer, I felt myself cleansed and I felt so much better. Sometimes, I just think we need to humble ourselves (or at least I do) to be reminded of just what Jesus went through for ME!!! Making that walk down to the alter in front of so many people, makes a statement to your God, the world and especially to yourself, that you want to be rededicated to our work for the Lord Jesus.

I hope to use this “Holy Week” as a time of renewal, prayer and study with my Lord. I hope that you will do the same thing. If there is one thing I have learned in my long life, it is that there is nothing that heals the soul, like sharing time with God. May it help us to be thankful for this free gift we were given. BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD WHO TAKETH AWAY THE SINS OF THE WORD. John 1:29 Thank You, Sweet Jesus!

God bless you all today and Please don’t forget to PRAISE THE LORD!
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Re: HOLY WEEK - DAY 1 FOR JESUS

Post by Pokey's Heart » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:32 am

Buttercup, this brought tears to my eyes, as it did also in the Bible readings section. What a blessing you are to so many. I love it too, that Sharan and you shared time with our Lord in the manner you did.

"Oh Lord, create in me a clean heart today, renew my spirit, and thank you so much for the renewing I feel after reading this post from Karen. thank you for the strength you give to Jeff and I each day to accomplish all the tasks you set before us. Walk with me through out the remainder of this day, help me to accept each task you've set before me as a gift from you, as it is intended, and help me to forever keep within my heart the wonder of the sacrifice Jesus made for me, and to always have an humble spirit, Lord. I fail you daily in thoughts, as well as deeds not done. Thank you for loving me so much, Lord.
In Jesus name, Amen."
"I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Thank you so much, Pokey. The only place I MEANT to post it was here in the Lounge. But, you are right it is in the Bible Reading section, too!! I think I'm losing my mind!

Oh well! I didn't mean to post it twice, but I'm glad that you were fed by it in some way. I think we can all benefit from each other's thought that God gives us to share. It is wonderful to be so in love with our Lord and Savior. When we come out of this circle this week, I hope that our lives will be more filled up with the Holy Spirit.

I love you, Pokey and thank you so much.
Love, Buttercup
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Karen,
Thank you so much for this wonderful message showing us what a Awesome God we serve. And how special and precious Holy Week is! I was so touched and so Blessed by your message and like you I have been drawn to that Alter with tears in my eyes knowing God was going to meet me there! You are so full of Gods Love and I am so grateful you share it with everyone!
God Bless You Love Eva

poet1108
Platinum Member

Post by poet1108 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Dear Karen: Thank you for your posting and I can understand a bit of what you are going through in posting His words.....I have spent the most of March listening, studying, and listening some more just to get the words in proper order for the Easter CD and even after it went out several wirtes poured forth as well. Keep up the good work.....you bless us with your words.....KayD
Poet1108--Kay A Davis