CRANBERRY CHRISTMAS FRUITCAKE Recipe: This is delicious

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.

Are You PRO or CON Fruitcake?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:59 pm

Write a poem about your thoughts or experience with fruitcake
100%
Tell us a stroy about fruitcake (1500 wds about)
No votes

Total votes: 1

Annette Bromley
Registered Member

CRANBERRY CHRISTMAS FRUITCAKE Recipe: This is delicious

Post by Annette Bromley » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:59 pm

Thanks for all the cookie recipes I have received: I'm going to have a ball making cookies and I'll probably gain 20 pounds. Don't know what you all think of fruit cake but here is one that is really good.

CRANBERRY CHRISTMAS FRUITCAKE

Cream together:
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
1/4 cup real butter
2 eggs beaten until lemony
1 tsp. vanilla

Stir in:
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice with pulp
1 tsp. orange zest (grated orange peel)

Sift together and add:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Mix well

Fold in:
1 1/2 cups chopped cranberries
3/4 cup seedless raisins
3/4 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans

Spoon into greased bundt or tube pan and bake 350 degrees for 1 hour 10 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven, let set five min. loosen edges and turn out onto wire rack. Be sure top of cake is up. While still warm glaze with:

GLAZE FOR CRANBERRY CHRISTMAS CAKE:

I/2 cup confectioners sugar dissolved in 2 Tbsp. cranberry juice and 1 Tbsp orange juice and 1/2 tsp. almond or rum flavoring
Drizzle over top of cake and sprinkle lightly with sifted sugar.

Cool completely and wrap in waxed paper and foil to keep fresh. Store in cool dry place. Serve sliced and topped with whipped cream or a vanilla pudding sauce or just eat it plain.

If I'm giving this as a gift I garnish the top with the green and red candied cherries or green and red decorator icing and make it look like holly berries and leaves. This aside from plum pudding and an unbaked fruitcake that it more like a candy/cookie and made with graham crackers and marshmallow are really the only fruitcakes I really like. Thought you might enjoy having the recipe. Just sharing. Love, Annie
With Love, In His name, by His grace
Annette