Member Levels

Do you need help using this site? Post your questions here.
bradmurphyackermanms
Diamond Member

Post by bradmurphyackermanms » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:44 pm

Thanks, Cookie! That's just the way I feel. Never judge a NetHugger by their posts!!!

whoscookie
Platinum Member

Post by whoscookie » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:46 pm

I agree completely!!! AMEN
LOVE AND GOD BLESS YOU,
Cookie
Before you go to bed at night give your troubles to God----He will be up all night anyway! ! !

bradmurphyackermanms
Diamond Member

Post by bradmurphyackermanms » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:12 pm

As Perry Mason used to say, " I rest my case, your Honor!"

jennsi79
Silver Member

Post by jennsi79 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:16 pm

Perhaps this topic should be locked. everyone has voiced their opinion on the matter and the webmaster has stated his case. Seems like all that needs to be said has been said.

Just my 2 cents.

bradmurphyackermanms
Diamond Member

Post by bradmurphyackermanms » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:29 pm

No direspect intended, Jenn. But I think this should stay here for a while longer so that all the others can view and post their respective input. Even though I see something one way threr could be several other members thinking another. Just my personal view, though. I think if Webmaster wants it locked he will do so.

Deborah Lynne
Diamond Member

Post by Deborah Lynne » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:37 pm

I agree with Brad, Jenn. Can't lock down everything because we have a difference of opinion with others on the topic. Discussion is a good thing! How else can things get resolved. We want everyone here to be happy. I think there are still some misunderstandings that need to be taken care of! How else can that be done, if the problem is just locked away?
Deborah Lynne

I am not perfect. I am a work in progress. I have the greatest carpenter who ever
lived repairing me. Do you know Him?
His name is Jesus Christ.

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:11 pm

I am very happy that we have a web savvy member such as yourself Jennsi. Maybe there are a few things that I could learn off you. I just want to thank you for all the nice tutorials that you have post for us here.

jennsi79
Silver Member

Post by jennsi79 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:34 pm

None taken. ^_^

Reason I said that though was because of the following. Many times in these instances when one person thinks one way and most everyone else feels another, they can feel ganged up against in the matter. As if no one likes them or is angry at them, even if it is stated otherwise. Or those that are on the opposing side can be offended for no reason. It is human nature to debate but it is also human nature to take things wrong.

I have seen simple discussions such as this drive members away or create a barrier even larger than there was before hand. Usually the best way of taking care of such matter is to let the person state their case, let others reply and once the an admin or mod tells their opinion to lock it down and let the person continue further debate via pm to the forum head. That way it is one and one and not many against one. Makes the situation less intimidating and less chance for back lash of words taken the wrong way.

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:41 pm

What Jennsi said makes a lot of sense. MadameScetch if you are reading this, I hope you take no offense. I'll leave this post open for the reason that new members could ask to clarify about what membership levels.

scripter7
Silver Member

Post by scripter7 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:45 pm

Jennsi79. Thank you for the intelligent answer to a simple question. That is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you. I have NEVER felt in competition or put off in any way by levels. I was just wondering why they exist.

jennsi79
Silver Member

Post by jennsi79 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:51 pm

Not a problem.

When I first started on forums I hadn't a clue and thought post counts were a status symbol. Kind of like your online income or something like that, over time I learned they really meant nothing and found out what happened the hard way when trying to remove the coding for them. I crashed a forum of mine and lost it for good. Had to restart it and we lost everything everyone had posted. Last time I ever did that.

Donna Johnson
Registered Member

Post by Donna Johnson » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:32 pm

I'm a bit behind the time here, but I really believe that a person can write a million poems and not say anything...or...a person can write one poem and say more then anyone else. Just my belief...the number isn't the important thing here, the getting to know and the meeting new people is the important thing. It seems to be working at least for me it is...Thanks Master for this...NET HUGS is definately where I needed to be! Donna

Dreamtime
Platinum Member

Post by Dreamtime » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:01 am

Please allow me to join in.

I am a member of one forum. Our task is to review poems. The poems are piled on stack and each member has to review 7 poems the most or more her/his time allows. Each member is not obligated to stay on the computer all day long to post rave reviews.

There is also point systems involved in terms of stars for the poets and gavels for the reviewers. As always the case, there is a kind of competition going as to who would get the most stars and who would receive the most gavels. Then by that the ranking is based from a Scholarship Level to .... Expert to National Judge Advocate, the highest.

Then, I pause and think, is the name of the ranking worth it compared to the quality of the postings (POEMS)?

There's a loophole I noticed: Many gathered friends to read and review each other's work so they quickly gather points and lo and behold they become an overnight Judge Advocate or so.

Woe to those who are slow and couldn't decipher what was going on in the forum.

If you come to read their reviews, mind you, sometimes I wonder, if they are actually reviews at all.

Then again, it did not bother me what others are doing. They have every liberty to do as they please and for whatever manner they want.

Another also, what they are practicing has a blessing from the administrator because some are harshly criticizing other fellow poets instead of encouraging them. Instead of helping, they turn others away and deplete their spirits.

So far here at Nethugs, I am not even looking at the mechanics involved here, the people here are simply having fun and everyone is being given a go.

However, if there are any undesirable mood that is not appropriate, the kind Master Webmaster has his own SAY to those who are concerned.

Maybe as this is considered a family, I just feel that not every new comer are given a warm reception. If I get myself into trouble by bringing this out to the attention of the family, It is not a problem for me to bow out.

I will repeat and repeat HOW THANKFUL I AM TO FIND NETHUGS and be able to express myself as I AM.

And one thing, things can be discussed with open mind and understanding without getting the HEAT! I don't think anyone intends to mean OFFENSE at all!

This is FREE AND DEMOCRATIC FORUM. Perhaps being an OPEN MINDED family as we are, it will help create a wholesome ATMOSPHERE to really extend a WELCOME HUG to those who come.

Best of all, let us just listen too for even the dumb they too have their own side of their story.
~ Friendship, Love and Prayers .... thematic in theory, are they put into action?~

Deborah Lynne
Diamond Member

Post by Deborah Lynne » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:02 am

Leah said......
Maybe as this is considered a family, I just feel that not every new comer are given a warm reception. If I get myself into trouble by bringing this out to the attention of the family, It is not a problem for me to bow out.

I have to disagree with you there, Leah. We try to greet and welcome every newcomer to this site. We are not always on site and may miss someone when they first come on, but one of us will welcome them as soon as they can. You may not be aware of it because a lot of the welcomes are done in private messages. Not only are they welcomed, they are offered help with any problems or any questions they may have. I'm sure you'll recall when you were greeted onto the site. We try to give everyone a warm welcome. That's what a family does.
Deborah Lynne

I am not perfect. I am a work in progress. I have the greatest carpenter who ever
lived repairing me. Do you know Him?
His name is Jesus Christ.

Dreamtime
Platinum Member

Post by Dreamtime » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:08 am

I do very much recall Deb. The comment I made on that particular thread is not meant for me. And thanks for the feedback.
~ Friendship, Love and Prayers .... thematic in theory, are they put into action?~