Member Levels

Do you need help using this site? Post your questions here.
scripter7
Silver Member

Post by scripter7 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:56 am

Wow,this is interesting. what is the point of having different levels of membership?? If indeed it is all about the love.
speak out and touch someone

Doug Holt
Diamond Member

Post by Doug Holt » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:41 pm

I think the present format is OK I never read under tha name anyway only if the person is new and then I look at the profile and read any other work.

I have a problem personally because some of my poetry is written direct on a post I have short term mem problems and if it a poem unfinished in my drafts I have to go back to all my prev post so I do not repeat it.

I love Net Hugs the way it is.

I have a queeery though I do not wish to have any poetry pennes as manic Doug anymore how can I change that as I am not ver computor literate, Thanks for any suggestions Doug :D
Thoughts Are Living Things With Wings.

You Are Never Alone. When You Think Of Others

And They Think Of You.

No Matter Where You Are

GOD Is With YOU All The Time.

Doug Holt

Miss Caroline
Diamond Member

Post by Miss Caroline » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:55 pm

Just a little note of agreement with the Webmaster.....If we only counted the Poems or writings of our members, Those members who are unable to write would be left out.........
Some of those members contribute as much in their postings as the members who write.......
We don't want ANYONE left out in our forum.

Thank you Webmaster for your insight.
GOD loves You, and so do I.

Luv Ya

CAROL
In God, all things are possible.Luke 17: 27

scripter7
Silver Member

Post by scripter7 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:31 pm

My point is, why count posts? Does it really make a difference who spends the most time here? Often I come here read and dont say anything. Am I less important than someone who has a lot to say?
I just dont understand the value of counting posts. Is it a contest? Do I get free internet service if I make enough posts? Do I get removed if I dont make a certain quota? I know many sites do the same thing. I can understand putting up the date of membership but beyond that,what is the point?

DOUG, just go and re-register under the name you want to use. You can create a new email addy but I dont think you have to.

jennsi79
Silver Member

Post by jennsi79 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:55 pm

Post counts are just a general thing that are on all forums, they mean nothing, most people just change what each post level means to fit that forum. A lot of forum coding does not allow for the post count to be taken out, it is a way to help the program keep up with peoples posts and where they are. I tried taking out post counts on one forum before and people could not find other peoples post if they looked at the profiles. Best not to mess with the code, just to leave it as is.

Deborah Lynne
Diamond Member

Post by Deborah Lynne » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:59 pm

I become more and more in awe of what you know, Jenn!!! WOW!!!
Deborah Lynne

I am not perfect. I am a work in progress. I have the greatest carpenter who ever
lived repairing me. Do you know Him?
His name is Jesus Christ.

jennsi79
Silver Member

Post by jennsi79 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:40 am

Everyone has a talent and a knowledge in life, geeky computer junk and web site coding just happens to me mine lol.

Deborah Lynne
Diamond Member

Post by Deborah Lynne » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:54 am

Well, you obviously are good at it!!! Thanks for helping everyone out! You are a wonderful lady!!!
Deborah Lynne

I am not perfect. I am a work in progress. I have the greatest carpenter who ever

jennsi79
Silver Member

Post by jennsi79 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:40 am

No more wonderful than you are ^_^

And my mom said playing video games growing up was a waste of time lol.

Deborah Lynne
Diamond Member

Post by Deborah Lynne » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:07 am

Awww Thank you! My Mom said the same thing! I know a little bit about computers, nothing like you do though! That's awesome!
Deborah Lynne

MadameScetch
Registered Member

Post by MadameScetch » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:08 am

"Post counts are just a general thing that are on all forums, they mean nothing"

It is amazing to me that I made a simple suggestion & people jumped all over me, misunderstood me & took things way to literal, about their prescious Levels of Membership.

I don't care about the number of posts or for that matter Level of Membership.

And just because I make a statement or Simple comment that others here don't agree with doesn't mean that I'm uptight or that I don't want to make friends--It just happens to be that we all have different personalities and different opinions and thats what makes each of us so unique and colorful.

Scripter7 said it best with "What is the point of LEVELS of membership, if its all about the Love"

I happen to agree full heartily with him. I understand that most sites are formated with a count on the posts that are made. BUT Levels of Membership is something that is added as a luxury item... To me it seems like a competition, why are we distinguishing between the person that posts 500 & that person that posts 5000?????

It would seem if you want people to come here and feel welcome & feel all that LOVE that you all talk about, that you would remove any degree of competiton necessary!!

Like always--Just My thoughts Spinning out of my head!!
SPEAK WITH TRUTH...LIVE WITH ADVENTURE...GIVE WITH COMPASSION...LOVE WITH HEART & SOUL...DIE WITH KNOWLEDGE!

Deborah Lynne
Diamond Member

Post by Deborah Lynne » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:32 am

You know, MadameScetch? Before you brought it up, no one was in the least concerned with the levels. We still aren't. We care about each other. We care about our poetry. We care about communicating. We care about fellowship. No one had a problem with how this site was run. We love this site! We love the people here! We love the Webmaster! We're a family! Where's the problem?
Last edited by Deborah Lynne on Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deborah Lynne

jennsi79
Silver Member

Post by jennsi79 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:28 am

Um I was responding to Scripter MadameScetch. And I posted why they were here, they are pre installed into the code that forums use in all formats. Forum coding is not done from sctratch, you usually buy the code from another site and then upload it to your own as an add on. I persoanlly am a forum creator of 3 forums right now and mod on 2 others. All have a post count. Taking the code out for post counts usually causes a post retrieval error that disables people from finding previous posts. That was all I was saying. I was not jumping all over anyone. Just giving a coders view on the topic to why they were here.

bradmurphyackermanms
Diamond Member

Post by bradmurphyackermanms » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:56 pm

Personally, I don't give a big hoot about post counts. Who cares? As long as I get to interact with the other members of my NetHug family and post and read some of their work I don't care if they have 10 posts or 10,000!!! What's the big deal? Anyone going to be counting posts when their number is finally called? NO!!! Not going to speak to a person because they have 42 posts? NO!!! Gonna read a poem from someone that has 2,659 posts before you read one from someone with 4? Not necessarily!!! I look at the person behind the post. Not at the number attached to their name!!!

whoscookie
Platinum Member

Post by whoscookie » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:11 pm

Well you go Brad---I couldn't have said it better myself !! :D :D
LOVE AND GOD BLESS YOU,
Cookie
Before you go to bed at night give your troubles to God----He will be up all night anyway! ! !