Are Images Being Removed From Poems as Part of Forum Policy?

Do you need help using this site? Post your questions here.
wvhillbilly47
Platinum Member

Post by wvhillbilly47 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:26 am

Hello!
I have been reading some of my older writes, as I had referred several links to someone to review, and I noticed that the images had been removed, so I have been going back to some others, and see that they have also been removed.
Is this forum policy to take them off?
The images are a very important part of my poetry, as the images are often directly related to the poem itself, and has actually been the basis of the write.
If this is policy, I would appreciate knowing so that I can choose to remove the poem, if the image must be removed.
If it were just a couple, I would not be asking, but I am noting that many have been removed.
Just so I understand the policy, so that I may comply with rules of the forum.
Thanks!
Sheila
The proud heritage of my forefathers has given me the freedoms that are those to claim as mine. May I always give homage to the sacrifices they have made to bring me to this place, this day!

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi Sheila. It's not our policy to remove them. What happens is that over time, the website that is hosting the pictures will expire them because of inactivity to save bandwidth (money).

wvhillbilly47
Platinum Member

Post by wvhillbilly47 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Thanks Skip.....does that mean that when it is expired, then the image is deleted from photobucket, where I pull mine from; or is it still saved in my file for future use? Also, is NetHugs considered the site that is the host, or is it photobucket?
I do understand about saving the band width...but, some that have had images removed are not that old, and are still being viewed....what is considered inactivity...one month, two weeks, etc.?
This will help me in determining what images to use, etc.
Again, Thanks!!!
Sheila
The proud heritage of my forefathers has given me the freedoms that are those to claim as mine. May I always give homage to the sacrifices they have made to bring me to this place, this day!

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:43 pm

It's photobucket that is considered the host. As for inactivity time, I honestly don't know as it is most likely different for every image hosting site. If you pictures are not showing up on NetHugs, go to your image hosting account and see if it is still there. If it is, there should be no problem viewing it here on NetHugs.

wvhillbilly47
Platinum Member

Post by wvhillbilly47 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:59 pm

Hello Skip....then, I do not understand. I have found one poem that both images have been removed from, and the images are even mentioned in the remarks as being appropriate, and liked for the write. It is called "Redemption", and is posted on The General Forum; write dated 2/11/08. Both of the images that not are appearing on the write, are in my photobucket gallery, as they were, and I am linking both of them below.

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc25 ... Sorrow.jpg

and second image is:

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc25 ... lion-1.jpg

I have both imags flagged as put on The Redemption Poem....
I have copies of every poem that I have written, with pics and I denote on a pic on photobucket when I have used it for a poem/poem response, so I can refer back to it. Also, since the hillbilly47 is my original file, I know that I have not transferred them into another one of my files, that were started this original one.
Please let me know why these are missing from my write. I know there are many others. I have also noted that when I do my writes in bold print, I always do the title in bold also, and some have the title in regular print, while the poem is still in bold. I do not understand this.
Thank you so much!
Sheila

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:03 pm

I looked into the post and you are right, the photos are not there. Go in and edit the post to include the images and see if it works. If not let me know. It might be a glitch.