A grieving mother who needs a friend

Post something about yourself here and meet friends.
deborah1202
Registered Member

A grieving mother who needs a friend

Post by deborah1202 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:28 am

[I need an internet friend. I'm a 49 years old with 3 teens, ages 15,15,&17. I'm a grieving mother who lost a 19 year old daughter 2 1/2 years ago. I like working in my flower beds, movies, and playing on my computer. color=blue][/color]
I'm a 50/f/ky who wants a friend who is honest and trust worthy.A person who likes to talk about movies and just loves to talkand write stories. I have 3 teenages and 1 grandson from my daughter who was killed in an auto accident- 3 years ago .

Sunshine
Registered Member

Post by Sunshine » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:32 pm

:P Hello, I'm new here and just came upon your post. I would like to be your friend. You can email me any time. I will get back with you. Also you can check out my church web site too. There you will find lots of loving friends. May God bring you joy and peace right now. Love & hugs Judy :wink:
Jesus on the in side working on the out side!!Look up into the heavens and know I will lead you each step of the way!!

mellon_its_elvish
Registered Member

Re: A grieving mother who needs a friend

Post by mellon_its_elvish » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:10 pm

hi i am quite new to this site ...lookin forward to meeting new ppl n makin new friends...i am sorry abt ur daughter but dont worry life will move on ...n brighter tomorrows will greet you...as i have learned from my life ,A DULL TODAY IS ALWAYS FOR A MUCH BRIGHTER TOMORROW...believe me ,its very true...n yeah i wud luv to befriend you...i am a student doin my final yr in college....am from cochin,kerala,india....mail me at mellon_itsfrom_moria@yahoo.com.....so cheer up n keep smiling ALWAYS...god bless u n keep u ... :)

krissy156
Registered Member

hey there

Post by krissy156 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:54 am

i am sorda new to this site to and i love to talk about any really i am acctuly 13 years old post back lol :D :) :? 8) :? :D :) :? 8) :!: :!: :idea: :!: :!: :!:

se8332
Registered Member

Hi

Post by se8332 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:51 pm

I am a 53 yr old in MN I am sorry for your loss. Loss is always hard.I especially have a hard time exspressing my thought on death. I ususally handle it pretty well for myself, but not for others.I hope it does become easier for you and your family. And I assure you it does. I always think they are in a better place. So that helps, I think. Want to chat more you can Thanks Sherry

A mothers loss

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:56 pm

Hello, I am also a grieving mother, I lost my son ten years ago and sometimes, I feel like it was only yesterday that I looked into his loving eyes. Your loss is more recent and I can assure you , that with time,it does get easier to deal with and to accept the emptiness we feel in our hearts. You have to look to God for guidance and comfort, he tells us that he will give us the strength to bear more than we really know that we can. You are stronger than you think, the grief will get easier and easier to bear as time goes on. You will never get used to the loss in the small place of your heart but we can look to the memories we have had to help us get through. I found it especially helpful when I found a photo of my son smiling and enjoying life, to look back and not think of what we have lost but how terribly blessed we were to have had our children, they are truly gifts from God and we as parents have the awsome task of guiding them into adulthood, if we are lucky. I had my son for 33 years and when I look back, those were the most special times in my memories. I was angry at first, I blamed God for taking him away, I was lost in my sorrow and then after awhile, my christian teachings began to filter into my grieving brain and I started reading the bible again and found comfort in Gods word, then miraculously, grief gave way to thanks, How could I ever presume to think my grief was greater than that of our Lord, when he gave his son, to die on the cross for all mankind, his son lived 33 years and I finally accepted the truth, I was a lucky mom, I had the love of a beautiful soul, even though I thought it was to short a time, Gods plan was not for me to see, I know now that God needed him home and his work on this earth was done, It brings me great joy to have the loving memories of my son, trust your heart, your daughter is still there where she lives now. When you want to talk to her, just smile and look into your heart, she will hear you, and i"m sure you will eventually come to this place where I am now, untill then, I am here, near as the keyboard, anytime, I'd like to be your friend. If you just need to talk, use my email and I'll answer. I'll say a prayer for you and your family. you have friends, all is not lost . signed a loving parent Faye kitts

deborah1202
Registered Member

a reply to Faye Kitts

Post by deborah1202 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:03 am

Dear Faye, Thank You for the nice letter !!! I hope that one day I will feel as you do about the loss of my child !!! I know that God had his reasons, whatever they are, only he knows, but you try and explain that to her little boy, who wants his mother !!! And do that with dry eyes!!! I miss my daughter soooo much, that I can't think of her without crying. My heart is still screaming over what happened and for my loss of her. You see, I never got to say good-bye to her, I never got to attend her funeral, so I have no closure to her life. Up until recently, I could not walk into my church without crying thru a serman. Yes, I would like to exchange e-mail addresses with you!!! If you get this letter, my e-mail address is deborah1202@myway.com. Yours truly, Deborah Northcutt of Dry Ridge, Ky
I'm a 50/f/ky who wants a friend who is honest and trust worthy.A person who likes to talk about movies and just loves to talkand write stories. I have 3 teenages and 1 grandson from my daughter who was killed in an auto accident- 3 years ago .

Sunshine Child
Silver Member

Post by Sunshine Child » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:36 am

i'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. i'm 18, but if you ever need someone to talk to, i'll always be here for you if you need.

hang in there, friend!
"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." ~Sophocles

gerry philippines
Silver Member

Post by gerry philippines » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:40 am

Hi there Deborah 1202!!!

I can perfectly understand your feeling and it is really very hard to close your mind and stop thinking about your love ones who passed away specially a member of the family like your daughter who unfortunately left a son for you.
that is really most unfortunate, and reall hard too, to explain to your grandson what really happened and where his mother is.
It happened to me, and it took me a lot of guts on how to tell my mother that my father passed away, and that was ten (10) years ago. No sane man can bear the cry of a grieving mother/wife who lost her husband to cancer, in her grief, it was my assuring hugs and words of sympathy who eased her pain,but every drops of tear that touched my shoulder feels like a ton of responsibility for me to cover up the loss of my dear father. Until now, I still dream of my father who talks to me to take care of my dear Mama.
Eventually and gradually, and finally, my mother recovered and accepted the loss of my father, but the pain and the feeling of loneliness can still be seen in her eyes.
I am sure one of these days you will also recover the loss of your dear daughter, you will make her very happy and have peace at the other side of life if you can make her son grow up to be a responsible man, you can pour your energy to her son, love him as you love your daughter, make him stronger by showing you are strong, make him happy by showing that you are happy, there is always a brighter tomorrow waiting for you and your children and your grand son. God bless and take care of yourslef, this is not yet the end of the world for you, for me and for all of us. If youwant to write to me my email is tj7962@yahoo.com I will be more than glad to have you as my friend. bye and smile

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

You"re In My Prayers"

Post by Shirley Shaw » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:13 am

Hi,Deborah1202,
I can certainly.feel for You!
I had a Brother (Murdered)back on July 17th,1988.
He wld., be 44,this coming,Nov.22nd.
Then I Lost My Mother To Asthma,COPD,
Diabetes,& Lung-Cancer,Feb.07,2003!
She ws only 65 yrs., Old!
I am Fairly Close to your Age,
So I know,the hurt and Pain!
I almost lost my 26 year old Son,
In a Car-Accident Too!
Praise The Lord!
He came Through!
I am Here To Pray,
And talk To,
If you wish Too!
"Keep The Faith"
Shirley Ann Shaw/Rife(Raytown,mo.64133-3935
Last edited by Shirley Shaw on Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Re: You"re In My Prayers"

Post by Shirley Shaw » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:17 am

Shirley Shaw wrote:Hi,Deborah1202,
I can certainly.feel for You!
I had a Brother (Murdered)back on July 17th,1988.
He wld., be 44,this coming,Nov.22nd.
Then I Lost My Mother To Asthma,COPD,
Diabetes,& Lung-Cancer,February,07,2003!
She ws only 65 yrs., Old!
I am Fairly Close to your Age,
So I know,the hurt and Pain!
I almost lost my 26 year old Son,
In a Car-Accident Too!
Praise The Lord!
He came Through!
I am Here To Pray,
And talk To,
If you wish Too!
"Keep The Faith"
Shirley Ann Shaw/Rife(Raytown,mo.64133-3935
!
(Seeing Is Believing-And Trusting Is Being!)

bradmurphyackermanms
Diamond Member

Hey, Debb

Post by bradmurphyackermanms » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:52 am

Debbie, all I can do is to offer you my prayers. I can just imagine losing one of my own. I would be just like you are. Just live your life to the fullest and you will be with her one day.

Grace89

Post by Grace89 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:32 am

Hi. I'm new and I was looking for someone to talk to when I read your post. I am so sorry about your tragedy. I know what it's like to lose a family member but not a daughter. To me, it seems like you have a lot of strength to go on and keep raising your other children. Please know that I'm always here. Not to boast but I'm kinda mature for my age and I don't like a lot of people in my class or age group. I have a lot of older friends and they can vouch for me. I hope everything will be ok. Just ask God for help. He's always there to help us when we feel weak and we just can't go on. I promise that if you just ask him for help He will provide for you.

God Bless.

Babygirl_4_lyfe
Gold Member

Post by Babygirl_4_lyfe » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:33 pm

hilo ill be ur friend im only 15 f but ill most definatly be ur friend :)

rgdj77
Registered Member

Re: A grieving mother who needs a friend

Post by rgdj77 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:34 pm

deborah1202 wrote:[I need an internet friend. I'm a 49 years old with 3 teens, ages 15,15,&17. I'm a grieving mother who lost a 19 year old daughter 2 1/2 years ago. I like working in my flower beds, movies, and playing on my computer. color=blue][/color]
Hello,,,I just joined and saw your post as I was looking everything over and wanted to reply. I do not know about the loss of a child but I have experienced losses that have devastated me. In '89 my first husband and father of my son passed away. I was 28 years old and found myself alone with a 10 yr. old to raise. I somehow managed and in time met another man. Who was wonderful. He passed away in '01. I was devastated. I found myself alone again. :cry:
I won't go on and on here even though I could. I am 47 yrs. old and your neighbor - state wise, that is. I live in WV. If you would like to talk, please email me. I would love to hear from you and just talk. And share.
Warmly,
Robin