I'm new and from ME

Post something about yourself here and meet friends.
tessmg
Registered Member

I'm new and from ME

Post by tessmg » Wed May 19, 2010 10:52 am

Hi All, I don't know just how I rec'd this site but I find it really fun and interesting. It's a rainy day here so it's a good way to spend some time. I just started tilling a spot for a vegetable garden yesterday. Working just 4 or 5 minutes at a time due to a touchy lower back. That works. My husband must be smiling broadly at my attempt. I was never a green-thumb.
I have to admit I have not investigated all the things possible here. Looks like fun and in just one day I have had some chuckles. And a couple of welcomes I do appreciate.
I think my two cats will sleep all day since it's raining here. One is a Sealpoint age 10 in June and a Maltese gentleman who is 12 and from a Rescue.. Great company and I appreciate their affection and their conversation. Yes, they talk in their own language and I have to figure out what's UP. There are many times through the week I just step over the vacuum cleaner and go play the piano-organ or keyboard. First things first!!
tess

Jeff Guest

Re: I'm new and from ME

Post by Jeff Guest » Wed May 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Hello & Welcome, nice to have you!!!
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).

RLBEST
Registered Member

Post by RLBEST » Wed May 19, 2010 3:01 pm

Tess,
I too am a new member here but I can already tell you that the people here are wonderful people. They are full of encouraging words, God's love, and we are here if you need us for any reason. I hope this site and the people are as much of a blessing to you as they are to me. So with that I will say, Welcome, jump right in and start posting when ever you want because you are now a part of a very special family....Rob
Jesus is the author, I am just the pen.

tessmg
Registered Member

Post by tessmg » Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Rob, Thank you. As we get older I think we have more memories stored, and now and then something triggers those memories to jump right out and be as real as today. That's a blessing in a way. It tells us that we have lived, we've endured, we've seen, felt, or laughed our heads off. There are times too, they can bring sadness, just life's storage of obstacles, disasters, but we hang on and that is a good thing. It's good to laugh, even to cry, and for me I wouldn't trade any of it. It's been a worthwhile trip. Now, today with a steady rain, this has been an enjoyable activity, checking on what others are doing, saying and leading us into a few laughs... This is a day for laughs! The grass is greener and taller and my rideon mower is at the repair shop for a week now. I'll be happy when that comes back. It is not fun to turn the key and nothing happens! I changed the battery and still nothing. Called for help! A rubber hose was leaking fuel.

There I was pitying that rooster, and you were pulling our leg!! haa! That gave some chuckles on this rainy day anyway. By the way, our rooster was tough so in the end HE WON ANYWAY! tess

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Thu May 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Tess,
I am so happy you are here and I enjoy what you have to say, feel free to post on anyones poems they would love to hear from you.

God Bless You Eva

tessmg
Registered Member

Post by tessmg » Sat May 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Thank you, Eva. I've been busy outside doing work I had to delay but I am so slow. Can only do a bit at a time. Aha, it is looking good though. Love to hear the birds singing and the plants coming alive and perky.
This is the time of year I just love. I often sit outside and listen, look, and appreciate and of course, remember, and remember.. all the years past that were so precious. Thank God for the Memories. tess