WHEN COMES A POEM

Post poetry that does not fit any of our categories here.
Linner
Diamond Member

WHEN COMES A POEM

Post by Linner » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:03 pm

LONG TAILED SYLPH HUMMINGBIRD.jpg
LONG TAILED SYLPH HUMMINGBIRD.jpg (26.49 KiB) Viewed 3995 times
WHEN COMES A POEM

Where are the words so comforting, which take away all painful sting…no one knows how it comes to be, but when will a poem come to me ?

It could come in a song to sing, take away the worrying... lift the soul into the air, gentle breeze blow away all care.

As if on Angels wings I’d be, flying high and spirit free...a blessed change from just before, when dark was knocking on my door.

When comes a poem, when will it be ?

Cries are heard from deep inside and try though I might, oh, how I try...still nothing turns the key in lock to halt this torment of the clock.

Ah, poet...poor thing, sitting still...wondering, have I lost my skill to gather words and wrap them ‘round...make music yet hear not a sound...

Where is the Wizard, gone away...looking for him every day, yet nothing found nor felt inside. Has the poet gone and died ?

When comes a poem once again...comforting, takes away the pain. Don’t know just how it comes to be, but how I wish 'twould come to me. The words to bring in a song to sing...no more to be worrying, when the soul is lifted to the air, gentle breeze blowing away all care.

As if on Angel wings I’ll be, when comes a poem, again, to me...

©Linda Vale Martin, January 29, 2013

Last edited by Linner on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Re: WHEN COMES A POEM

Post by Janice Kennedy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:07 pm

AWWWW, What a heart felt poem, you have shared here with us, Linda.
It does seem at times that our muse goes on vacation for a while. It makes me
uncomfortable when mine does that. I can relate to what you are saying here, girl.

GLYASDI, Jan ))(( )))(((
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 am

THANK YOU, JAN. I'M GLAD TO SEE THAT I'M NOT ALONE IN MY DISCOMFORT WHEN MUSE GOES ON WALKABOUT...LOL !! NOT GLAD THAT IT HAPPENS, FOR SURE, AND SOOOO RELIEVED WHEN MUSE COMES BACK...EVEN IF JUST FOR A BIT. I WISH I COULD GET BACK UP TO SPEED LIKE I USED TO BE ABOUT A YEAR AGO...SUCH A LONG TIME. GOD'S PLAN, THOUGH...CAN'T CHANGE IT AND OUGHT NOT TO FUSS. THANKS AGAIN, DEAR JAN...GOD BLESS....

LOVE, LINDA :wink:

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:45 am

Dear Linda.,
It does to me to seem also that I tend to try and find something in my head to write about, Then I all of a sudden lost what I was going to write about.
But then all of a sudden it comes back to me.
I have the same problem at times to my friend Linda.
But I really love the way you put this write my friend.
I also just love this write of yours Linda. :)
GLYASDI
B.J. ))(( )))(((

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:04 am

DEAR B.J.

WHAT A LOVELY COMMENT AND COMPLIMENT FROM YOU !! I JUST THOUGHT, WOW...HE MUST GET IT, TOO...WITH HIS KEYBOARD !!! AND O', SO LOVELY...WHEN TIS SENT.

MUCH LOVE TO YOU AND GOD BLESS...LINDA

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:54 am

Linda,
I can truly relate to this in so many ways! I believe all of us who writes have felt like this. I really Love this poem it touched me today you are a very gifted writer and an Awesome singer!

God Bless You Love Eva

oceanwiser
Registered Member

Post by oceanwiser » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:59 am

Linda Love, think you the well of G-d would ever run dry? Know always this, you are a conduit of His Holy message.

Ray

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Hope wrote:Linda,
I can truly relate to this in so many ways! I believe all of us who writes have felt like this. I really Love this poem it touched me today you are a very gifted writer and an Awesome singer!

God Bless You Love Eva
EVA...WHEN EVER DO YOU NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO WRITE ??? :D OKAY, I SEE WHAT YOU SAY, AND KNOW THAT YOU MUST HAVE TIMES...BUT GIRL...THEY DON'T LAST LONG FOR YOU, DO THEY ?? AS FOR THIS POEM THAT CAME TO ME...OH, IT WAS LIKE A WEIGHT BEING LIFTED FROM MY HEART...I TRULY DO FEEL LIKE I AM FLYING !! I THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVELY COMMENT AND FOR BEING A GREAT FAN OF MY SINGING !!! I ALWAYS KNOW WHOSE WRITES TO READ WHEN I NEED A TRUE BLESSING...YOURS !!

LOVE TO YOU ALWAYS...LINDA :wink:

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 pm

oceanwiser wrote:Linda Love, think you the well of G-d would ever run dry? Know always this, you are a conduit of His Holy message.

Ray
OH, RAY !!! YOU CAME BACK !! DO YOU KNOW, IT'S BEEN ALMOST TWO YEARS ?? AND THIS IS YOUR SECOND POST HERE AT NETHUGS ?? I KNOW I AM LOVED BY YOU FOR SURE THIS DAY, MY DEAR FRIEND. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS COMMENT AND FOR YOUR BLESSING TO ME...

I SHALL LOVE YOU ALWAYS...LINDA :wink:

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:35 pm

DEAR LINNERS; IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY..AS U CAN SEE, YOU TURNED OUT A POEM, AND A GREAT ONE@THAT, RIGHT HERE..I THINK WE ALL HAVE THOSE TIMES TOO...YOU, MY DEAR, WILL NEVER BE AT A LOSS FOR WORDS, IN SONG, OR POEM ! "GOD BLESS'..LOVE, YOUR FRIEND/SIS, PASTOR SHIRLEY SHAW...

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 pm

Shirley Shaw wrote:DEAR LINNERS; IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY..AS U CAN SEE, YOU TURNED OUT A POEM, AND A GREAT ONE@THAT, RIGHT HERE..I THINK WE ALL HAVE THOSE TIMES TOO...YOU, MY DEAR, WILL NEVER BE AT A LOSS FOR WORDS, IN SONG, OR POEM ! "GOD BLESS'..LOVE, YOUR FRIEND/SIS, PASTOR SHIRLEY SHAW...

HEY THERE, YOU !! YES, AS I CAN SEE THE DRY SPELL HAS HAD SOME RAIN !! IT SURE DID FEEL GOOD, TOO...ABOUT AS GOOD AS YOUR ANGEL'S VISIT FOR YOU !! YOU SAY I'LL NEVER BE AT A LOSS FOR WORDS.....WELLLLL....MAYBE SO, MAYBE NOT...BUT I DO NOT CARE FOR THE LONG SPELLS IN BETWEEN. I CAN REMEMBER WHEN I WOULD PUT OUT ABOUT TWO OR THREE POEMS A DAY !! BUT, I GUESS IT'S UP TO THE MASTER WHEN THE WORDS SHALL COME...AND ON HIM I SHALL WAIT....GOSH, THOUGH...SOMETIMES HE MAKES ME WAIT A LOOOOONG TIME....

LOVE YOU, MY DEAR PASTOR SISTER....LINNERS :D :lol: :wink:

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Linner wrote:
Shirley Shaw wrote:DEAR LINNERS; IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY..AS U CAN SEE, YOU TURNED OUT A POEM, AND A GREAT ONE@THAT, RIGHT HERE..I THINK WE ALL HAVE THOSE TIMES TOO...YOU, MY DEAR, WILL NEVER BE AT A LOSS FOR WORDS, IN SONG, OR POEM ! "GOD BLESS'..LOVE, YOUR FRIEND/SIS, PASTOR SHIRLEY SHAW...

HEY THERE, YOU !! YES, AS I CAN SEE THE DRY SPELL HAS HAD SOME RAIN !! IT SURE DID FEEL GOOD, TOO...ABOUT AS GOOD AS YOUR ANGEL'S VISIT FOR YOU !! YOU SAY I'LL NEVER BE AT A LOSS FOR WORDS.....WELLLLL....MAYBE SO, MAYBE NOT...BUT I DO NOT CARE FOR THE LONG SPELLS IN BETWEEN. I CAN REMEMBER WHEN I WOULD PUT OUT ABOUT TWO OR THREE POEMS A DAY !! BUT, I GUESS IT'S UP TO THE MASTER WHEN THE WORDS SHALL COME...AND ON HIM I SHALL WAIT....GOSH, THOUGH...SOMETIMES HE MAKES ME WAIT A LOOOOONG TIME....

LOVE YOU, MY DEAR PASTOR SISTER....LINNERS :D :lol: :wink:
WELL, THINGS/WORDS WILL COME TO YOU, WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT LINNERS..I KNOW HOW GOD', WORKS THROUGH YOU, SO VERY WELL ! YOU ARE ONE OF HIS CHOSEN ! I AM THE SAME WAY SOMETIMES, CAN'T WRITE FOR AWHILE, THEN ALL OF SUDDEN, IT COMES, ESPECIALLY WHEN SOMTHING LIKE MY ANGEL EXPERIENCE HAPPENS..I HAVE TO WRITE ABOUT THAT FOR SURE..."GOD BLESS"..LOVE YOU LINNERS, SHIRLEY SHAW.."GOD BLESS ALWAYS'...

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:59 pm

Well, I've been down that road before Lindy, and more than once. But this poem is an excellent start dear one. Your poetry is most always very beautiful and meaningful. What I do, and if I want to take the time, if I even care that I want to write a new one, is I re-read some of my old ones, and give Nethugs a visit and read what others have written, well, at least those who send me a link, as I am getting lazy in my older age. Catcha later me friend, it will come. GLYASDI
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:51 pm

DeaconSteve wrote:Well, I've been down that road before Lindy, and more than once. But this poem is an excellent start dear one. Your poetry is most always very beautiful and meaningful. What I do, and if I want to take the time, if I even care that I want to write a new one, is I re-read some of my old ones, and give Nethugs a visit and read what others have written, well, at least those who send me a link, as I am getting lazy in my older age. Catcha later me friend, it will come. GLYASDI
AW, GOSH, STEVE....WHAT NICE THINGS YOU HAVE SAID HERE ABOUT MY WRITING. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH !! :D YOUR ADVICE IS VERY SOUND AND I WILL BE USING YOUR TIPS, FOR SURE. AGAIN, THANK YOU !!! :D LOOKS LIKE I'VE GOT SOME BACK READING TO DO...AND I HAVE A HUGE BUNCH OF POEMS IN A FILE ON PHOTOBUCKET. REMEMBER MY POETRY PAGES ? I STOPPED DOING THAT BECAUSE I MOVED ONE OF THEM BACK SOME TIME AGO AND IT THREW THE WHOLE KABOSH OUT OF WHACK. SO MANY OF THEM DISAPPEARED FROM HUGS AND I HAD TO GO BACK AND PUT THEM IN AGAIN. TOOK A LONG TIME, STILL NOT DONE. SO, NOW I JUST DO A GRAPHIC WITH THE TEXT PASTED UNDERNEATH IT.

SO, WITH YOUR GOOD ADVICE, AND A FILE TO DIVE INTO...OFF I GO ~!!!~

LOVE ALWAYS, LINDY !!! :D :lol: :wink:

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:33 pm

Well, now there is your problem Lindy, folks can't read poetry that is hidden beneath a graphic, well this one folk can't. EKKKKKKKKKKKK!!
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!