A SHORT LINE!

Post poetry that does not fit any of our categories here.
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

A SHORT LINE!

Post by Brenda Pike » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:47 pm

MY CONCLUSION IS; WE COME INTO THIS WORLD LEARNING TO TAKE BABY STEPS TO GROW AS A PERSON, HOPEFULLY, IN A VERY LONG LIFE.

WE LEARN ABOUT WAITING IN LINE IN ORDER TO GO FORWARD. WE CAN'T WAIT TO BE A TEENAGER, THEN TWENTY-ONE, TO MARRY, HAVE CHILDREN. LIFE SEEMS TO BE ABOUT WAITING FOR THE NEXT STEP, KNOWING FULL WELL THE LINE GETS CLOSER TO OUR END EVERYDAY.

NOW, IF WE ARE A ‘CHILD OF GOD’, WE SHOULD THINK ABOUT STEPPING INTO HIS KINGDOM, AND NOT BEING RELUCTANT TO CARRY PAST GRUDGES, AND ACCUSSATIONS WITH US.

ALONG THE WAY, WE MUST LEARN TO HOLD OUR CHIN UP, AND TAKE THE BITTER WITH THE SWEET; IGNORING PEOPLE WHO RESIST SYMPATHY WE’VE TRIED TO EXTEND OUT OF SINCERE CONCERN.

WHO CAN AFFORD TO WASTE KINDNESS BY ACTING CALLUS AND EMPTY OF FORGIVENESS?

AT THIS POINT IN LIFE, WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR EVERY DAY WE HAVE, FOR FOOD, A ROOF OVER OUR HEADS, FAMILY WHO STILL ARE LIVING, AND ANYONE WHO CARES ABOUT US.

SOME MAY NOT HAVE ANYONE LEFT IN THEIR LIFE NEAR THAT END OF THE LINE DATE WE HAVE WITH JESUS, SO MAKE THE BEST OF YOUR DAYS BY ACCEPTING HELP AND KINDNESS.

WHAT WE GIVE AWAY FREELY COMES BACK TO US EVENTUALLY, SO BE CAREFUL WHO YOU STEP ON IN LIFE…

BRENDA CLARK PIKE
©2012
LIFE'S A GIFT.jpg
LIFE'S A GIFT.jpg (66.96 KiB) Viewed 3071 times

Hope
Diamond Member

Re: A SHORT LINE!

Post by Hope » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:26 pm

Brenda,
This is so good and so true, we have so much to be Thankful for. And the line is to short to hold grudges when we can learn to forgive and add someone else to that line when we do.

God Bless You Love Eva

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:28 pm

WISHING.jpg
WISHING.jpg (51.48 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
THANKS EVA FOR YOUR COMMENT. I WROTE THIS PROSE OUT OF A VERY DEEP PROFOUND SITUATION. GRUDGES AND FORGIVENESS THIS PERSON DOESN'T RELENT TOO. RIGHT NOW THIS PERSON IS IN SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUES. WHICH I HAVE MADE A GESTURE OF CONCERN AND KINDNESS, WHICH WAS REFUSED. SO GOD BE WITH THIS PERSON AND MAY THEY HEAL BY HIS HAND. WHEN YOU CARRY BITTERNESS AND GRUDGES THEY EAT AT YOU LIKE CANCER AND I'M AFRAID THIS PERSON MAY FIND THIS TO BE SO VERY TRUE TO LATE. BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOURS. LOVE BRENDA

Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Post by Janice Kennedy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:04 pm

So, true Brenda, so true. Anger will eat a person alive. Forgiveness is the only way.
Even the Lord's prayer tell us that. As Eva said, this is short, but it is something we
all need to learn to do. You are one smart lady, my friend!

Love and Hugs, Jan ))(( )))(((
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:27 pm

WHY WAIT.jpg
WHY WAIT.jpg (91.32 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
DEAR JAN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT AND COMPLIMENT. I'M JUST AN OLD COUNTRY HILLBILLY GAL, BORN AND RAISED IN KY., WITH SOME COMMON SENSE OR BETTER SAID HORSE SENSE. THERE IS ANOTHER LADY WHO HAS CANCER AND I STOPPED TO SEE HER AND SHE WOUNDN'T OPEN HER DOOR, SO WHAT DO YOU DO? SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO MUCH FALSE PRIDE AND THE EMBARRASMENT OF THEIR SHAME FOR THE WRONG THEY HAVE LEFT UPON YOU. BUT I DID MY PART AND EXTENDED MY HAND OF SINCENITY AND CONCERN. GLYASDI.
LOVE BRENDA

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:46 pm

DEAR BRENDA...I KNOW OF WHICH YOU SPEAK. YOUR WORDS ARE VERY WISE AND ALL SHOULD TAKE HEED...I'M SURE WE'VE ALL BEEN STEPPED ON AT LEAST ONCE IN OUR LIVES...LOL...AND WE KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE. THOSE WHO CAN GO BEYOND THAT AND FORGIVE ARE SURELY MUCH HAPPIER IN THEIR HEARTS. THANK YOU FOR SUCH A THOUGHTFUL WRITE...

MY LOVE TO YOU, LINDA :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:56 am

YESTERDAY'S.jpg
YESTERDAY'S.jpg (23.72 KiB) Viewed 3016 times
THANKS LINDA FOR YOUR COMMENT. I WORK AT DOING WHAT GOD ASK US TO DO. FOLLOWING HIS WORD DOES MAKE YOU A HAPPIER PERSON FOR YOU KNOW YOU'VE DO YOUR BEST. GOD BEST YOU AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU.
LOVE BRENDA

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Dear Brenda.,
This is so very true.
And yes something we all need to learn from too.
We all need to forgive and forget and let life go on.
But your write here tells it all my dear friend. :)
You can try and help someone, but sometimes they will not except the help someone offers them.
I know what you mean here, I have that at one point in time myself trying to help someone too.
But that someone refused the offer to me as well.
GLYASDI
B.J.

linda56
Gold Member

Post by linda56 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:56 am

Dear Brenda...You are so right, life is one stepping stone, one after another but the greatest and most seeked steps throughout life are the ones that lead us to the Kingdom of God. God Bless You, Dear Friend! Blessings & Hugs, Love, Linda
Mark 12:13
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:23 am

your_own_sunshine.jpg
your_own_sunshine.jpg (29.96 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
DEAR B.J. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT. WHAT I DON'T UNDERDSTAND AS HOW ANYONE CAN TURN DOWN KINDNESS AND A SINCERE HELPING HAND. THE REFUSAL OF A KIND ACT THEY DO TO THEMSELVES IN THE END. GLYASDI. LOVE BRENDA

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:35 am

your_day.jpg
your_day.jpg (35.99 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
DEAR LINDA, THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT. YES, IN OUR YEARS OF WINTER WE NEED OUR STEPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. MANY A STUMBBLING BLOCKS ARE OUT THERE, WE NEED NOT FIND THEM IN OUR PATH WHEN THE LINE IS SHORT. MANY BLESSING AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. LOVE BRENDA