I Am An American Soldier

Post poetry that does not fit any of our categories here.
B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

I Am An American Soldier

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:28 am

~I Am An American Soldier~

I am a whisper on the wind, of times past, of places long forgotten, Valley Forge, Gettysburg, Batan, Pearl Harbor, Normandy, Seoul, Saigon, Loas, Kuwait, Iraqi. I am the heart of countless numbers of scarred
And maimed American veterans, and the soul of the buried unknowns,

I am an integral part of each white cross in Flanders Field, and I am sealed within each name on 'The Wall'. I am part of each and every headstone of every American soldier in every cemetery around the world.
I am deeply enmeshed in each tiny undiscovered bone fragment of American soldiers, left behind on foreign soil. I am the unseen shadows, the unheard voices in those many empty cells that once held my brothers
In unspeakable torture.

I am the unbearable pain in the hearts of every mother, father, wife, husband, brother sister, and child, of missing American soldiers from all wars.
I am within each and every teardrop shed by these family members.

I am the essence of each and every drop of blood shed in the past or in the future, by an American soldier in the name of freedom. I am the lifeblood of the colors of the American flag, blue for my loyalty and
Unwavering dedication, white for my steadfastness, and red for my pride and love of country.

I am the spirit of those names on the black Granite Wall, of all those unaccounted for in every war, of those who went away to war as gallant young men and came back, older than time...OR NOT AT ALL.

God Bless America the land
Of the free and the home of the brave.

© B.J.Morbitzer 2010*

Hope
Diamond Member

Re: I Am An American Soldier

Post by Hope » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:46 pm

B.J.
You are this and so much MORE! This was one Awesome write and a Wonderful tribute to all the American Soldiers! God Bless You for all that you sacrificed so that we could be free! I am so Grateful to you and always will be!
God Bless You Love Eva

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:10 pm

DEAR B.J. AWESOME POEM AND I AGREE WITH EVA. YOU ARE THIS AND SO MUCH MORE. YOU'RE ONE OF A KIND MY DEAR FRIEND. GOD BLESS YOU. GLYASDI. LOVE BRENDA

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:17 am

Dear Eva.,
I thank you so much my friend for your kind comment to this write.
GLYASDI
B.J. ))(( )))(((

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 am

Dear Brenda.,
I also thank you my friend so very much for your kind comment to my write.
GLYASDI
B.J. ))(( )))(((

linda56
Gold Member

Post by linda56 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:02 am

Dear B.J. I have to agree with everyone too...This is an amazing write! You speak for All in this! God Bless You, Dear Friend! Love, Linda
Mark 12:13
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Dear Linda.,
I thank you so much for your kind comment to this write.
My life is living as an American Soldier, But now I am in the Army Of The Lord, Serving Him.
GLYASDI
B.J. ))(( )))(((