SENIOR'S BEACH

Post poetry that does not fit any of our categories here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Linner
Diamond Member
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:58 am
Location: North Florida

SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by Linner » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Image


SENIOR’S BEACH

They started their journey late one night,
A storm was raging upon them.
No one noticed if they took fright,
No one saw them leave.

Washed away in the strength of the waves,
Clinging together at first so hard.
Twisted fingers tried so hard to save,
Each other, as if in a restless dance.

As the ocean took them, stole them,
And did to them what it could.
Salty water soaked them down,
What was that taste, so strange?

Ships passed by both day and night,
Yet never stopped to rescue…
Just old ones, leave them float out of sight,
Can you imagine the desolation ?

They floated, they tossed, they burned all day,
Turning them white with salt.
Grips grew weak, fingers of clay,
No feeling, can’t hold you now.

I don’t remember letting you go,
I know I would never have done it, yet…
Where did you go? Where, I don’t know…
Minds slipping away with the sun.

There is a beach on an island somewhere,
It is strictly forbidden to the younger set.
Only for Seniors, life without care…
Too late for regret. And sadly beautiful…


Linda Vale Martin © November 11, 2012

Last edited by Linner on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

User avatar
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member
Posts: 6573
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by Brenda Pike » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:58 pm

A PURPOSE.jpg
A PURPOSE.jpg (114.88 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
Dang Linda, this is a different kind of poem with some profound merit. I think to myself that may be us oneday searching for that island for the seniors without care. Something to really think about, I understand your talking about drift wood but it sure fits our plight in today world. Great poem girl. Many Blessing. Love Brenda

User avatar
Linner
Diamond Member
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:58 am
Location: North Florida

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by Linner » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:03 pm

Brenda Pike wrote:
A PURPOSE.jpg
Dang Linda, this is a different kind of poem with some profound merit. I think to myself that may be us oneday searching for that island for the seniors without care. Something to really think about, I understand your talking about drift wood but it sure fits our plight in today world. Great poem girl. Many Blessing. Love Brenda
WELL, BRENDA...YA GOT IT !! THIS POEM JUST CAME TO ME WHILE YOU, ME AND JAN WERE ALL TALKING ABOUT THINGS OF NOW. DON'T ASK ME HOW IT CAME TO ME...ALL I KNOW IS I JUST BROKE A SIX MONTH DRY SPELL AND I AM THANKING GOD FOR IT !!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KEEN COMMENT AND FOR SEEING THE IDEA...

YEP...WE'RE THE DRIFTWOOD. :lol: :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

User avatar
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member
Posts: 6573
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by Brenda Pike » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:32 pm

WATER, PLEASE.jpg
WATER, PLEASE.jpg (25.12 KiB) Viewed 2803 times
NOW TELL ME LINDA HOW IN THUNDER DID YOU COME UP WITH DRIFTWOOD TO WRITE ABOUT, ESPECIALLY COMPARING US WITH OLD DRIFTWOOD. WHAT AN IMAGINATION YOU HAVE AND I GUESS WE DO FIT DRIFTWOOD. OLD AND SHIVELED, HAS BEENS, THAT HAS DRIFTED AWAY FROM THE BANKS OF THE GREAT RIVER. AND WERE ALL PICKLED FROM MEDICATION AND BONES BENT AND CROOKED. HA! HA! GUESS I COULD GET INTO THIS POEM TOO. LOVE BRENDA

User avatar
Linner
Diamond Member
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:58 am
Location: North Florida

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by Linner » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:45 pm

I WANTED TO WRITE !! AGAIN, I WENT TO MY FAVORITE PICTURES...THOSE OF THE OCEAN. IT HIT ME THEN, WHEN I SAW THE PICS OF THE DRIFTWOOD. IT ALL CAME TOGETHER !!
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

User avatar
Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member
Posts: 8200
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:37 am
Location: God's Green Earth

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by Janice Kennedy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:15 am

WOW Linner, what a grand picture. You done us up really magnificent in that graphic, girl.
No, little grubby piece of drift wood to represent us!!! We maybe old, but we are still grand. We are not
going down without a fight. I got your poem, even before I read your and Brenda's comments.
This is really profound and really gives one a lot to think about. In a way it is really sad, because
no one noticed! Excellent poem here girl! You did us all proud!

Love and Hugs, Jan ))(( )))(((
Attachments
DRIDTWOOD HORSES.jpg
DRIDTWOOD HORSES.jpg (18.31 KiB) Viewed 2773 times
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME
Image

User avatar
Hope
Diamond Member
Posts: 10693
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:26 am

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by Hope » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 am

Linda,
This is really good with a whole lot of meaning to it! I have to say I woin't make it to that beach because I can't swim! I would be the one Praying for a life jacket and depending on God to throw one to me. And if we all end up there with are personalities we will have one big happy Party always finding something to laugh at. This gives you so much to think about and I loved the picture especially the blue skys and the sunshine! I am happy you are writing again!
God Bless You Love Eva

User avatar
poet1108
Platinum Member
Posts: 1933
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:00 pm
Location: Huchaca City, AZ

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by poet1108 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:58 am

Dear Linner:
I so liked this poem as it reminded me of several months ago when I went down to the "beach" on our almost dry desert river and also saw "driftwood" trees, standing forelornly in the summer sun. Hope the muse continues as I have missed your songs and poetry. Blessings for a wonderful day! KayD and RogerP
Poet1108--Kay A Davis

User avatar
Linner
Diamond Member
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:58 am
Location: North Florida

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by Linner » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Janice Kennedy wrote: WOW Linner, what a grand picture. You done us up really magnificent in that graphic, girl.
No, little grubby piece of drift wood to represent us!!! We maybe old, but we are still grand. We are not
going down without a fight. I got your poem, even before I read your and Brenda's comments.
This is really profound and really gives one a lot to think about. In a way it is really sad, because
no one noticed! Excellent poem here girl! You did us all proud!

Love and Hugs, Jan ))(( )))(((
GIGGLIN' AND GRINNIN' HERE, JAN !!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUCH A GREAT COMMENT !! I'M GLAD THAT THE GRAPHIC MASTER LIKED MY PIC !! PHOTOBUCKET HAS CHANGED ITS FORMAT, AND I HADN'T BEEN THERE IN SUCH A LONG TIME THAT IT WAS A SURPRISE TO ME !! I HAVE TO DO SOME FIGGERIN' IN THERE, SO I CAN SIZE MY PICS DOWN...LOL !! I JUST LOVE THAT YOU PUT IN THAT PIC OF THE DRIFTWOOD HORSES...ABSOLUTELY ON THE MARK !!!!

YEP, I FELT THAT WE ARE GRAND PIECES OF FLOTSAM...OR JETSAM...ON THE OCEAN'S TIDES OF LIFE. AS FOR THE SAD PART, WELL, THAT REFLECTS ON THE WAY SENIORS NOW ARE BEING TREATED WITH THE OBAMACARE POLICIES. I CERTAINLY FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN CAST ADRIFT, THAT'S FOR SURE. NOW I HAVE TO THINK TWICE OR THRICE BEFORE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL...EITHER THAT OR SET UP A LIFETIME PAYMENT PLAN...LOL !! THANKS FOR "GETTING" MY DRIFT ON THE DRIFTWOOD...HEE HEEE !!

LOVE YOU...LINNER :D :lol: :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

User avatar
Linner
Diamond Member
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:58 am
Location: North Florida

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by Linner » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Hope wrote:Linda,
This is really good with a whole lot of meaning to it! I have to say I woin't make it to that beach because I can't swim! I would be the one Praying for a life jacket and depending on God to throw one to me. And if we all end up there with are personalities we will have one big happy Party always finding something to laugh at. This gives you so much to think about and I loved the picture especially the blue skys and the sunshine! I am happy you are writing again!
God Bless You Love Eva
HI EVA !! THANK YOU VERY MUCH !! I SEE YOU'VE FOUND A WONDER BEACH IN YOUR INTERPRETATION OF MY POEM !! THAT IS GREAT, AND IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FUN, TOO. I HOPE THAT CAN HAPPEN, BUT WHAT WILL WE DO FOR FOOD AND LODGING...LOL !!!! SO HAPPY YOU LIKED MY POEM AND I'M GRATEFUL TO YOU FOR BEING HAPPY TO SEE ME HERE AGAIN AND WRITING !! I HOPE IT CONTINUES...LOL !!!

LOVE ALWAYS, LINDA :lol: :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

User avatar
Linner
Diamond Member
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:58 am
Location: North Florida

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by Linner » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:55 pm

poet1108 wrote:Dear Linner:
I so liked this poem as it reminded me of several months ago when I went down to the "beach" on our almost dry desert river and also saw "driftwood" trees, standing forelornly in the summer sun. Hope the muse continues as I have missed your songs and poetry. Blessings for a wonderful day! KayD and RogerP
HEY KAY !! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING TO READ MY POEM !! MAY I ASK, WHAT DID YOU DO DOWN ON THE DRY RIVER BEACH ?? WERE YOU THERE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING, OR JUST EXPLORING ? IT SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING. ARE THOSE TREES REALLY DEAD, OR JUST DORMANT ?? THEY CAN SURE LOOK LIKE THE LIFE IS GONE OUT OF THEM, I HAVE READ. I, TOO, HOPE MY MUSE STICKS AROUND WITH ME FOR A LONG WHILE. AS FOR MUSIC, OH MY, I HAVEN'T SUNG ANYTHING SINCE I'VE BEEN HERE. I LOST MY VOICE FOR A WHILE AND THEN HAD SOME TROUBLE WITH MY MUSIC PROGRAM...BUT REALLY, JUST HAVEN'T FELT LIKE SINGING HERE. I HOPE THAT WILL CHANGE IN THE FUTURE...

THANK YOU AND MUCH LOVE TO YOU...LINNER :D :lol: :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

User avatar
condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member
Posts: 1912
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: NEW YORK. USA. and also Abroad.

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by condorfromtheandes » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi Linda, my sweet dear friend, :D
I am so happy to see you writing again.
I see that you have already got lots of wonderful comments from your friends.
We love you and miss you so much when you are not around.
Welcome Aboard back again, Linda sweetheart!!
You express yourself in such a special way that nobody will ever forget.
We miss your sweet voice singing your beautiful songs.
Where is the songbird? I hope your muse and voice come back.
I have tried to call you from Overseas with my calling cards.
I can only use calling cards from abroad. I miss talking to you, Linda!
But, it seems that your phone won't accept unknown calls.
You are so much loved here at Net Hugs and everywhere.
I pray that all is well with you and your loved ones.
Your precious poetry will always stand out in my heart of hearts.
God's richest blessings may always abound in your life, Linda!
Warm Hugs,
Monica. :D
Condorfromtheandes.

User avatar
DeaconSteve
Diamond Member
Posts: 9444
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:21 am
Location: Old Mines, Missouri

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by DeaconSteve » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:25 am

You had better stay close to the shore Linda, don't know if I would want to hang around with you down there in Florida, and get left out there to drown. You need to get a boat my friend, with life jackets, and hair nets. Opps, don't know why the hair nets, just sounded good I guess. Loooooooooove Yaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

User avatar
Linner
Diamond Member
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:58 am
Location: North Florida

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by Linner » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 pm

condorfromtheandes wrote:Hi Linda, my sweet dear friend, :D
I am so happy to see you writing again.
I see that you have already got lots of wonderful comments from your friends.
We love you and miss you so much when you are not around.
Welcome Aboard back again, Linda sweetheart!!
You express yourself in such a special way that nobody will ever forget.
We miss your sweet voice singing your beautiful songs.
Where is the songbird? I hope your muse and voice come back.
I have tried to call you from Overseas with my calling cards.
I can only use calling cards from abroad. I miss talking to you, Linda!
But, it seems that your phone won't accept unknown calls.
You are so much loved here at Net Hugs and everywhere.
I pray that all is well with you and your loved ones.
Your precious poetry will always stand out in my heart of hearts.
God's richest blessings may always abound in your life, Linda!
Warm Hugs,
Monica. :D
HI MONICA !! THANK YOU FOR SUCH A NICE COMMENT HERE. IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU. MONICA, I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH CALLING ME ON THE PHONE. I AM RECEIVING CALLS AT THIS TIME, BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE PROBLEM YOU'RE HAVING. SORRY. MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU AND MAY YOU STAY WELL...

LOVE, LINDA :D :wink:

Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

User avatar
Linner
Diamond Member
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:58 am
Location: North Florida

Re: SENIOR'S BEACH

Post by Linner » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:18 pm

DeaconSteve wrote:You had better stay close to the shore Linda, don't know if I would want to hang around with you down there in Florida, and get left out there to drown. You need to get a boat my friend, with life jackets, and hair nets. Opps, don't know why the hair nets, just sounded good I guess. Loooooooooove Yaaaaaaaaaaaa!
OH NO...STEVE, YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR IS SHOWING !! HAIR NETS, INDEED...LOL !! LAST TIME I SAW ONE OF THOSE WAS ON SOMEONE WORKING IN A RESTAURANT...LOL !! I LOVE YOU, TOO...THANKS FOR YOUR FUN VISIT TO MY POEM !!

LOVE, LINDA :lol: :wink:

Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Post Reply