HURTING ~~ A TRIBUTE TO ABUSED WOMEN

Post poetry that does not fit any of our categories here.
karenkelley
Gold Member

HURTING ~~ A TRIBUTE TO ABUSED WOMEN

Post by karenkelley » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:55 am

A TRIBUTE TO ABUSED WOMEN

HURTING

How can a woman and a man live together,
And yet be so very far apart?
Oh I can kiss your lips and
Caress you with my fingertips,
But I don’t think I’ve ever touched your heart.

We still sleep in the same bed
But you are the only one asleep
You don’t seem to hear anything I’ve ever said
In the cold silence, oh God how I weep.

You can’t see the scars that I carry
Even though I have tried so hard to tell you
How many nights since we got married
You just ignore me, and my heart is breaking in two.

When you talk to me, it is only to criticize
No matter how hard I have tried to please
All you say and do is only negativity
Why must you always just belittle me?

I gave you my all, loved you so completely
But you don’t seem to care any more
You’ve so coldly betrayed the children and me
Apparently it is not only the blind that cannot see.

Someday I am going to find the courage
To pack up and walk out that door
I’ve been holding onto a little money to save
So we won’t have to live in fear anymore.

You‘ve said you will find and hurt me
You have threatened me often enough
But I am beginning to see you are just a bully
‘Cause when you face a badge, you’re not so tough.

So I have prayed to God, please guide and protect
I know He will be glad His mighty angels to send
I am no longer afraid, and I’m not going to let
You hurt us any longer, I have a good friend.

She will give us a home as long as we need
I finally found the strength to stand, you see
Your threats no longer have the ability to frighten me
All women now unite; here is to being strong and free!!!

We are worth so much more, we deserve to be respected and loved
Jesus has shown me that I am his child, so thankful I shall be to our father above!!!

©By Karen Kelley July20th.2010
Attachments
jl4e1i   JESUS LOVE.jpg
jl4e1i JESUS LOVE.jpg (23.23 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
thanks for the support. a great man is known by his works and word. may there be more people willing to uphold those truths.
respectfully, Karen Kelley

hisheart
Diamond Member

Re: HURTING ~~ A TRIBUTE TO ABUSED WOMEN

Post by hisheart » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:18 am

Karen

WHAT A MESSAGE!!!! This should be the OUTREACH POEM" used by Christian Women's Help Organizations that are working with these women. They have so many emotional, physical, and Spiritual needs and you have all the bases covered. I know women all over the world will appreciate your dynamic public outcry on their behalf. They have no idea, but with you, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Wonderful write with great emotion and such Godly love.

You know I love you, my Sissy!
Karen
Attachments
2e6hhee   beautiful roses and lilly arrangement.jpg
2e6hhee beautiful roses and lilly arrangement.jpg (62.2 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Jeff Guest

Post by Jeff Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Truly a MASTERPIECE K.K., when you do post one it's always well worth the trip!!! A most meaningful message, brilliantly done young lady!!!

Superb!!!
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:10 pm

An excellent poem dearest Karen. I know that many would benefit from reading this as someons said. It breaks my heart to know that there are situations like this so rampant in this country. Abuse of any kind is unacceptable. You did an awesome job in this poem. Thank you for sharing this. God bless. Catch Ya later.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:06 am

Karen,
This is so good and a message so many need to hear.It is so sad that so many women are abused daily, anyone who reads your poem will see that there is hope and that God loves them so much.

God Bless You Love Eva

B Lawyer
Platinum Member

Post by B Lawyer » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:43 am

Dear Karen....What a marvelous job you did on this poem. Every word is the gospel truth. I should know because I lived in a marriage like this for ten years. I was constantly afraid to talk or even breathe the wrong way or I would get beat up. One time, my ex-husband even stabbed me with a butcher knife! I wish I had gotten brave a lot sooner than I did. I am sure your wonderful poem will help many. many other women to garner the strength to leave such a situation. Thank you for sharing this inciteful piece with all of us.

May God embrace you and always hold you close to His heart.

Love You,
Beverly
May God always hold you in the palm of His hand and may you always sleep with Angels surrounding you.

poet1108
Platinum Member

Post by poet1108 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:37 pm

Dear Karen:

The others have expressed many of my own sentiments in regards to your poetic write....as a victim of abuse, verbal and physical, it does hurt and scars still remain. And yet after being away from the two abusive situations and working in behavioral health, abuse starts often at a very young age and unfortunately the victims later become the perpetrators. Thank you for opening your heart to this write.

KayD
Poet1108--Kay A Davis

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:45 am

THIS HURTS TO READ, KAREN. NEVER BEEN IN A PHYSICALLY ABUSIVE SITUATION, BUT A MENTALLY ABUSIVE MARRIAGE AND IT HURT, GIRL, TO READ THIS. THAT IS THE POINT...YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT WRITER THAT YOU CAN MAKE OTHERS FEEL WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SAY. I AGREE WITH OTHERS WHO HAVE COMMENTED THAT IT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL FOR OTHER WOMEN TO SEE THIS. YOU ARE SO GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO, MY SISTAH !! GOD BLESS YOU, SWEET THING.

LOVE, LINNER :D :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:09 am

Karen, thank you for sharing this poem from your heart. I agree with all our friends here that many others would benefit so much from reading this, and that regardless of the abuse, whether physical, or mental/emotional, it hurts. Not only does it hurt and tear at the self-esteem of the victim, but brings deep hurt to the people who love them. I have never experienced physical abuse but have been subjected to much mental/emotional abuse during the past 15 or so years. My husband is basically a good man, good provider, but is a type A personality and suffers from untreated ADHD, and he has his own little world he lives in. It breaks my heart when my children are here and observe the way he puts me down and screams at me frequently. I know it breaks their hearts, yet they try to be very good to Bobby for my sake. My two step-children love me very much,too, and it hurts them and makes them angry to see me treated this way by their dad. If he's around them for any time, he treats them the same way. With them, they just stay away for awhile when it's too much for them. All of his family would like for him to treat them as well as he treats others who are short term aquantiences. Other than prayer, there is no way to be prepared for the onslaughts of his irratic behavoir and it usally takes me a while to get over each bout God has brought me through this and lifts me up when my self esteem gets really low. Through all my pain, God is my loving, giving Father, Jesus Christ my Savior and Best Friend, and the Holy Spirit is my comforter, councelor and guide. Witihout Them, I would be lost.!!!

I read this poem several days ago, Karen,, but couldn't comment at the time, and I have writtem this today with tears streaming. I feel a great connection with all of you who have known the pain of abuse.

God bless you, Shilrley

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:27 pm

had to read this again Karen!
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Got it Karen. Great poem!