My Morning Prayer

Post your prayers and prayer requests here.
Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

My Morning Prayer

Post by Shirley Baucom » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:08 pm

My Morning Prayer

Awakening to this bright new morn,
Dear God, I lift to You my prayer;
Giving You praise for a night of rest;
Thankful You’ve kept me safe in Your care.

For this day, O Lord, that lies ahead,
I pray You’ll take over and guide,
And I’ll face every moment trusting Your Word
That You’re with me, and all my needs You’ll provide.

When evening darkens the sky above,
Your grace and love let me proclaim,
And for blessings I’ll count as day turns to night,
I will lift and praise Your precious name.

Shirley Adcock Baucom © October 2014

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Re: My Morning Prayer

Post by Brenda Pike » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:48 pm

AMEN DEAR SHIRLEY B. WONDERFUL PRAYER AND PRAISE TO OUR LORD AND I PRAY FOR THE SAME. GOD LOVE YOU, BRENDA

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Shirley,
I Love your morning Prayer! I know so many will be blessed by this it is so Good! And I feel the wonderful things you wrote in your prayer.

God Bless You Love Eva

norman
Platinum Member

Post by norman » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:02 pm

nicely penned shirley
TO SOME WE SEEM LIKE A GENIOUS
TO SOME WE SEEM LIKE A FOOL
BUT OUR WORDS OF POETRY
IS JUST OUR EXPESSION TOOL

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:32 am

Brenda and Hope, dear friends, thank you for always being so kind and encouraging with your comments. I wrote this poem Friday Oct 3rd as I had breakfast out on my balcony, watching 2 little squirrels playing under the big tree that gives me shade most of the day. I made a change here and there and laid it aside to type up and post later on, then carried it and my computer with me out to my son's in Virginia Beach where I would spend the night and help him the next day with my little grandson. Later in the evening, I took the poem out and was going to get it typed and posted but was unable to do it after my son came in and told me he'd just gotten a call from North Carolina that my brother, Buddy Wyatt, had passed away. In spite of my sadness, I could still count my blessings as night settled in, for I had been in close connection for the past several months with my brother. had talked to him on the phone again Tuesday, and he was still praising the Lord though he knew he was getting weaker. He had looked forward to living a little longer, being able to sing and witness some more, but he was ready to go to heaven if God was ready to take him and he looked forward to being united with our loved ones there. He died, leaving all his family with the greatest gift, the knowledge that he knew where he was going and was looking forward to seeing the Lord and his loved ones. I praise my God for the 72 years Buddy was in my life, and I know God will be with me whenever I miss him being here with us. I hope you will share my prayers for the wonderful wife he's left behind, his children and their families, and our sister, who suffered the sudden death of her husband in June, just months after the sudden death of her son-in-law, both from heart attacks. May God be their comfort and refuge. My sister and brother have lived near each other for many years and this is grief added to so much she's already dealing with.
GLYASDI, Shirley

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:38 am

Thank you so much for your comment Norman. I appreciate you reading my poem and replying.
In Christ's love, ShirleyT