~~~She's Just A Dog, But ~~~

Post your prayers and prayer requests here.
Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

~~~She's Just A Dog, But ~~~

Post by Shirley Shaw » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Dear Family & Friends, here on Nethugs; Today, I am asking Prayers, for my Akita/Boxer Mix, Sheba...She has been diagnosed with, Pyometra"...(Had Never Heard Of It Before)I can't seem to get her in, anywhere for surgery..She just turned 11 yrs. of age, May 16th....She is in bad way, and needs Surgery, fast ! I cld. not even get our own Vet, to take her in because I had asked Him, to let us make pymt. arrrangements, til I can get my check ! He told us point blank, NO !, because he had been burned, 'too many times';( not by us),cause (We Owe Him Nothing), and he has been our Vet, for 16 yrs., now..But, I guess by others !!! So, in the kindness of their Heart, I met a wonderful Family, on FB, who'se Daughter, just happened to be a Vet..She has sent me Anti-biotics, that arrived today, for Sheba, and I an going to pay them back, as soon as I get my pay..This, to Me, is Truly A Blessing, From God' ! She seems to think the anti-biotics wl. help her, but she still does need ,the surgery..I am Sorry, but I was Abhored, and Appauled, that our own Vet, Dr. Heath Rose, at ,The Raytown Animal Hospital, of 16 yrs, wld., not do Her surgery..He said, it wld. cost@ $600, and I wld. have Paid him back, everyhthing, cause that's how I ws raised ! Plus, my Husband, Charles is supposed to get His Award Letter, from Social-security, in this 1st or 2nd week of June !He has been Approved 100%, Fully-Disabled; have been trying to take care of Him too.. His Money should not B far behind ! We even asked him@that ! I called Him, again, this morning, and Literally, Begged Him, to take her in ! His Words,'I Am Sorry, Shirley", "I Have Paying PPL, Here, with The Money to Pay"..I said, Well, ok., Thank you then, anyway, I just don't want to see my Dog, Suffering, Bleeding badly, and in Pain..I just cannot & Willl Not, Put Her Down ! She had Never been sick, A Day in Her Life ! But, this Pyometra thing, I guess can Be Deadly, and can turn Toxic too....I had exhausted my searchings, everywhere from the side of Missouri, to Kansas..Anyway, Please say Some Prayers, For My Dear, Sheba !I Thank-You All, in Advance ! This Lady Vet, Named, Michelle, (Dr. Mock) ws even going to do her surgery, for us, til we cld. get the money,to pay her back(She Ws Going To Do It For Free), 'Bless Her heart", but I told her, we could Never Do that !, But they live in Springfield, ohio, instead of Springfield, Mo., so I cldn't go that far ! Am Thankful, and Hopeful, that these Anti-Biotices will Help Her ! (Some A Dog Is Just A Dog, But To Me, They R Part Of The Family)....Love & Blessings To All, Pastor Shirley ann shaw~~~~She still acts & behaves like a Puppy !

Hope
Diamond Member

Re: ~~~She's Just A Dog, But ~~~

Post by Hope » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:19 am

Pastor Shirley,
My heart goes out to you I know how much I love my dog and she is a part of our family!!! I will be Praying for your dog what a shame that your vet treated you that way I would not want to go to a vet that is all about the money and does not seem to be very caring about his patients!!!! I live close to springfield ohio you could always stay with me!
God Bless You Love You Eva

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:46 pm

Hope wrote:Pastor Shirley,
My heart goes out to you I know how much I love my dog and she is a part of our family!!! I will be Praying for your dog what a shame that your vet treated you that way I would not want to go to a vet that is all about the money and does not seem to be very caring about his patients!!!! I live close to springfield ohio you could always stay with me!
Dear Eva; Yes, I agree with You, completely..I thought Dr. Rose ws a caring Vet, for Animlas in need, as I have been going to Him, for@16yrs now..But, that's ok...By the ,"Blessings of some Wonderful Friends, on FB., I ws able to get Sheba into surgery, Yesterday,(Praise The Lord)'...She does have the Pyometra..She got in a very bad way, and we were having to help lift Her up, even to the couch...I got down on my hands and knees, and Cried out to God' ! Yes, I did, and we have her in a place called,'Angels', went down to Savannah, Mo...She had her surgery, took her right in..She ws So Bad, that when they did the surgery, it burst on them; ws filled with Pus, & poision toxics..They have saved her, and are keeping her until, Monday..She is doing well, but they want to monitor her, which I really felt better about, anyway...We R trying to make Her, a little ramp, as she won't be able to climb stairs, has to have much rest,etc..She is on some high sedatives & meds, too...They R hopeful that they got All of the poison out of her Body..(I Believe in my heart)Eva, I kept telling Sheba, that we were going to get her some help, somewhere, and I know that God', ws keeping her hanging on, til He cld. Perform His "Miracle Work"...She cldn't eat or drink, either..Among other things too..She ws checked for Heartworms,too,which it turned out, She didn't have, Thank God'..I had Never heard of this Pyometra, in my life, until Sheba got it..We never had her spayed & when I ws growing up, we had so many Dogs & Animlas; never had them spayed, or never even heard of this Parvo thing,until these past few yrs...All of our Pets, lived Long yrs. in Life, so I guess I learned something New, too..I am just So thankful", that she is going to B ok..Thank You, My Dear/Sis/Friend, for all of Your Prayers....I wl. post to FB too; as I ws told there R many Folks, waiting to hear from Me, about Her....I'm hoping that I can find a picture of her, in My Folders too; everyone wants to see a picture of Her ! Thank You again,Dear Sis in The Lord"...Love You Much, Eva.....'God Bless'...Love, Sis/pastor Shirley ann shaw~

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Shirley Shaw wrote:
Dear Eva; Yes, I agree with You, completely..I thought Dr. Rose ws a caring Vet, for Animlas in need, as I have been going to Him, for@16yrs now..But, that's ok...By the ,"Blessings of some Wonderful Friends, on FB., I ws able to get Sheba into surgery, Yesterday,(Praise The Lord)'...She does have the Pyometra..She got in a very bad way, and we were having to help lift Her up, even to the couch...I got down on my hands and knees, and Cried out to God' ! Yes, I did, and we have her in a place called,'Angels', went down to Savannah, Mo...She had her surgery, took her right in..She ws So Bad, that when they did the surgery, it burst on them; ws filled with Pus, & poision toxics..They have saved her, and are keeping her until, Monday..She is doing well, but they want to monitor her, which I really felt better about, anyway...We R trying to make Her, a little ramp, as she won't be able to climb stairs, has to have much rest,etc..She is on some high sedatives & meds, too...They R hopeful that they got All of the poison out of her Body..(I Believe in my heart)Eva, I kept telling Sheba, that we were going to get her some help, somewhere, and I know that God', ws keeping her hanging on, til He cld. Perform His "Miracle Work"...She cldn't eat or drink, either..Among other things too..She ws checked for Heartworms,too,which it turned out, She didn't have, Thank God'..I had Never heard of this Pyometra, in my life, until Sheba got it..We never had her spayed & when I ws growing up, we had so many Dogs & Animlas; never had them spayed, or never even heard of this Parvo thing,until these past few yrs...All of our Pets, lived Long yrs. in Life, so I guess I learned something New, too..I am just So thankful", that she is going to B ok..Thank You, My Dear/Sis/Friend, for all of Your Prayers....I wl. post to FB too; as I ws told there R many Folks, waiting to hear from Me, about Her....I'm hoping that I can find a picture of her, in My Folders too; everyone wants to see a picture of Her ! Thank You again,Dear Sis in The Lord"...Love You Much, Eva.....'God Bless'...Love, Sis/pastor Shirley ann shaw~
Dearest Eva & All; who have been Praying, for our Dog, Sheba..By the Grace Of God', she may get to come Home, tomorrow...She had been Totally Dehydrated', ws not eating or drinking water...I had never in my Life, heard of this, Pyometra', thing until Sheba got it..The Vet said, after her surgery, things were,touch & go',; didn't know if she ws going to pull through or not..I almost, "Lost It', but By ,"Gods' Holy Grace", and Everyones Prayers', she may get to come Home now..She had just turned 11, on May 16th...Just came on Her, all of a sudden...She's my, Akita/Boxer mix...She is at a place in Savannha,Mo., called Angels Vet Express)...I am So Thankful', for everyones Help', Prayers', and Miracle Blessings'...Just wanted to up-date, everyone on Her ! Thank You All, so very Much..'God Bless One And All"...Love, Pastor/Sis Shirley ann shaw~~~Amen and Amen~~~~

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:18 am

Pastor Shirley,
Thank you so much for the up date I have been Praying for Sheba! Please let us know when she comes home and how she is doing.
God Bless You Love Eva

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:17 am

Thank you so much for the up date I have been Praying for Sheba! Please let us know when she comes home and how she is doing.
God Bless You Love Eva
(NEW UPDATE ON SHEBA): I WOULD LIKE TO PERSONALLY THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU, FOR YOUR PRAYERS,AND CARING LOVE, FOR OUR SHEBA...SHE CAME HOME THURSDAY AFTERNOON,BUT STILL WS NOT EATING/DRINKING VERY LITTLE..I EVEN GAVE HER SOME WATER THROUGH AN EYE DROPPER...(UN-FORTUNATELY, SATURDAY EVENING(JUNE 15TH)@APPROXIMATELY 6:31 PM, OUR SHEBA PASSED AWAY,INTO DOGGIE, "HEAVEN'...SHE WS JUST TOO SICK, AND WEAK..I GUESS GOD', DECIDED THAT IT WAS HER TIME TO REST...WE JUST BURIED HER AWHILE AGO, AND I SAID A PRAYER RITUAL OVER HER, WITH THE FAMILY"..A LOT OF FOLKS FEEL THAT IT'S JUST A DOG, BUT OUR DOG, WAS A MEMBER OF THE FAMILY", AND WE LOVED HER, AND MISS HER VERY MUCH...WE ARE DEEPLY SADDENED BY THIS, BUT@LEAST WE KNOW THAT SHE IS NO LONGER SUFFERING..SHE HELD ON FOR OVER 2 WEEKS, DOWN AT ,THE VET EXPRESS, IN SAVANNAH, MO., WHERE SHE HAD HER SURGERY..WHEN WE GOT HER HOME, SHE WAS STILL NOT ACTING RIGHT..GIZMO, DEVINS LITTLE DOGGIE, WENT OUT ON THE PORCH & TOUCHED NOSES WITH HER...WITH HER LAST BREATH, SHE GAVE US A LICK AND A KISS, AS BEST THAT SHE COULD...THEN, SHE GOT SICK, LOST ALL CONTROL, AND PASSED AWAY IN OUR ARMS...I DO SO ,'APPRECIATE EVERYONES' PRAYERS ',FOR HER THOUGH, AND I WLD. LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE...('SHEBA IS NOW AT PEACE) LOVE TO ALL',& 'GOD BLESS"...PASTOR SHIRLEY ANN SHAW~~ :( :(

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:08 am

Pastor Shirley,
You are all in my Prayers I know she was not just a dog my heart goes out to all of you. I know how much you loved her and she is no longer suffering but running free and I may be wrong but I believe you will see her again in Heaven!
God Bless You All
Love Eva

condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

Post by condorfromtheandes » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Pastor Shirley,
I add my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
I can feel your inner pain. Sheba was not just a dog, she was part of your family.
I also feel that my animals have always become my own children in many ways.
It breaks my heart to know that she won't be around anymore...
Sheba crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Today is Father's Day. My father is in Heaven too.
God may bless you all!
Peace be with you.
Monica.
Condorfromtheandes.

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:35 pm

You are all in my Prayers I know she was not just a dog my heart goes out to all of you. I know how much you loved her and she is no longer suffering but running free and I may be wrong but I believe you will see her again in Heaven!
God Bless You All

Love Eva
Dear Eva; Thank You,Dear..Yes, sure do Miss and Love Her Much..I believe that too ! I believe there is a Heaven', for animals of all kinds; just hard right now..(The Hardest Pt. Ws having To Help My Husband, Charles, Bury Her)...Have Never had to do that Before ! Took her to a place called, 'Animal Haven"; however, You have to do it Yourself, (They will accept them), but if U can't afford a Funeral Service, then U must do it all, Yourself..(That ws Very hard)...I too, Believe that we will all see our Pets, in Heaven", again someday..Thank You for All of Your Prayers too..Much Appreciated..'God Bless"..Love Sis/Pastor shirley shaw~

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:44 pm

[quote="condorfromtheandes"]Pastor Shirley,
I add my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
I can feel your inner pain. Sheba was not just a dog, she was part of your family.
I also feel that my animals have always become my own children in many ways.
It breaks my heart to know that she won't be around anymore...
Sheba crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Today is Father's Day. My father is in Heaven too.
God may bless you all!
Peace be with you.
Monica.[/quote

Hello Dear Monica; Thank You so Much...Our Dogs, and Animals R a part of our Family"....It ws a very hard, Fathers' day, for Charles today..The Hardest part was we took her to, Animal Haven'..They will take them in, but if You don't have the Money for a Funeral, they make U do the whole Burial, Yourself...Never heard of this, in my life ! So, today, early afternoon., Charles and I, had to place her, all by Ourselves...(This ws very Hard); never had to do this before ! I don't know if the Laws have changed up here in Missouri, or not, but we were already torn, and this, This, I cannot even tell you, the Pain....We got through it, but wasn't Easy Task....Thank you, for all of Your Prayers, etc....(Hope I Never Have To Do This Again)....'God Bless"..Love, Sis/Pastor Shirley shaw....