God Bless Our USA

Post your prayers and prayer requests here.
Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

God Bless Our USA

Post by Shirley Baucom » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:41 pm

God Bless Our USA

O God, You have greatly blessed this country
And led us in triumph through the years.
Our founders honored and gave You praise
In spite of their hardships, wars, and fears.

You were there, Lord, as they struggled and toiled
To build up a nation upon this great land,
You guided and protected them throughout generations
And gave them the liberty on which we now stand

We think of the sacrifices made by so many,
And the multitude of lives laid down through the years;
All out of love for their God and their country.
There was bloodshed and fighting and so many tears.

Most of the people gave you honor and glory,
So thankful were they for this land of the free.
Your Word was inscribed on our Federal buildings,
So generations of Americans would be able to see

That we are a nation, united, and blessed
By God our Father, the Almighty and Just.
Without shame they proclaimed us a “Christian Nation”
And had printed on our money, “In God We Trust“

Dear Father, You have never forsaken this nation
Though we’ve failed You over and over again.
You’ve been faithful and true to all generations
But we have grieved Your heart with many a sin.

Today, dark clouds of anxiety and confusion
Drift over our country... so chaotic, unstable.
Please come to our rescue, dear Lord, we pray;
We re asking for a miracle, we know You are able.

Evil men in this world, so greedy for power
Are trying to destroy us, our land of the free.
So cunning and sly, they’re empowered by Satan,
But God we know You have more power than he.

Many among us have forsaken Your Word,
And are forsaking this country, it seems to be.
How can we stand against the enemy without,
When there’s evil among us some refuse to see.

The USA is not just the land that we love,
But people You’ve blessed here through all generations
Who worked hard and sacrificed , even in death
To keep us strong and free, and safe among nations

We’re groping for answers and ways to revive
The honor and value and trust that’s diminished,
Lord, You, and only You, can give us what’s needed
To stand strong and true ‘til our nation’s replenished.

Father, please hear our plea, for the needs of our country:
You see the falling tears and feel the pain of each heart.
Have mercy on us Lord, give us courage and grace,
May Your Spirit empower us and Your wisdom impart.

Please help us sacrifice and do whatever is needed
To bring back the glory of the Red, White, and Blue
And strengthen us with the Truth of Your Word,
To help those in darkness return, Lord, to You.

Shirley Adcock Baucom
October 3, 2010
Last edited by Shirley Baucom on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hope
Diamond Member

Re: God Bless Our USA

Post by Hope » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Shirley,
This is one Awesome poem and it tells it like it is and what is going on in this world today, Only God can make things better, You really did a wonderful job writing this it is so good!

God Bless You Love Eva

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:04 pm

Eva, thank you, dear friend. I want to help get our country straightened out and help bring people back to God, but I feel so helpless. There's so much in politics, government and the world system, that's so confusing to me, and it seems the more I see and hear, the more confused I become. I try to be informed so I can be responsible in voting , etc, but things are so complicated now, I don't know what to believe most of the time. God is the only source that I am sure of, and I just have to put it all on Him, (my all-seein, all-hearing, all Truth and Light Father,) I know that He is love and will keep us in love and I just pray that He helps me do wharever I can to help safeguard our country for our children and grandchildren... and to lift Him up as the God who has blessed America.
Thank you, dear heart for your l;ove and encouragement. God be with you! Love, Shirley
Cross-In God We Trust.jpg
Cross-In God We Trust.jpg (21.1 KiB) Viewed 5640 times

RLDPoetry
Gold Member

Post by RLDPoetry » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Dearest Sister Shirley:

Thank you so very much for writing this beautiful poem for our nation and all nations. Your belief in Jesus, in God the almighty is enough requirement to keep this world in tact until it is time for Him to come bring us home. Keep praying with me and others, and Jesus hears us; with Him we have our tomorrow for sure. Love and hugs from me to your family and all here at NetHugs and all around the world. Jesus loves us all, RaquelLeah

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:57 pm

I thank you very much, my dear friend, RacquelLeah, for your comments and prayer for me and my family. I am most happy that my poem may encourage myself and others to keep the needs of our country and world lifted in prayer. We have been so blessed through the years, and until the Lord returns, I long for those coming after us to have freedom and the Hand of God in their lives as we have had. I thank you for your love and prayers and for being my sister in faith.
Love and blessings, Shirley

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:41 am

Shirley, this is most certainly a masterpiece of a poem, and so very well written. I don't think it could have been written any bettter than the words you have put into these versus. Not only is it true but it is also so very prayerfully written, and though also that it speaks the truth of today's America, it gives hope that only God can render to our country. I just hope that the video I make can do your poem justice. I really am astonished of not just the poem, but also and mostly of you. You are one amazing and loving person who touches each heart that reads your outstanding poetry and has come to be your friend. I know that I am a better person for having come to know you. God bless you always.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:16 pm

My dear friend Steve, I can't describe my feelings right now, I am truly overwhelmed for I do not deserve these wonderful comments. Neverthelesss, I am most grateful that God has used me in such a manner. I truly thank God for this calling in my life and the annointing of His Holy Spirit allowing me to be a channel of His love and grace, and it's all through Christ Jesus, my Savior. To God Be The Glory!
I have received some responses from church friends and family members who were included in my e-mail and I feel so blessed.

Dear friend, I have all confidence that the Lord will work through you and bless your production of the video. Thank you so very much.
Love and prayers, Shirley

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:43 pm

Never in my life have I felt such an urgency for prayer, for my self to pray and for others to pray, especially for our country. Regardless of what I may physically try to do to help the situation in America (in our world), I can do nothing without the power of God almighty working in me, and around me. Only through prayer can I stand up and be counted... only through God's Spirit guiding can I serve God and my fellow Americans as we seek revival and restoration to America and all of the world. It's not only the political situations, the government and concern with safety from terrorism that grieve my heart and mind but the lack of honor and adherence to God's Word and His ways that is affecting life all around us, our children's future.... I am well past the stage in life where I can easily get down on my "knees" and pray but God who knows my every breath and thought, is well aware when my heart bows and cries out to Him. May God hear and honor the cries from the hearts and souls of His children and bring Revival to the nation and people we love.

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:58 pm

I feel the same way that you do Shirley. I echo the words that you wrote here. I never dreamed that I would see such moral decay, not only in this world, but especially this country, as we are seeing today. And yet, the most effective thing that we can do is pray, and the most important one at that. My prayer is your prayer dear friend. We lift them up to our Lord.

Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:16 pm

Amen Steve!!! I will never forget the beautiful video you made of this poem in 2010

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:33 pm

Shirley, that was probably a flash video. I will have to make this one in the new format that I am making. Also, if you have any Autumn poems, let me know, as I am looking to make Autumn videos these days. I will copy and paste this one into a document and do it later. You are just an awesome poet. God bless.

Redeemed1
Registered Member

Post by Redeemed1 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:11 pm

In Jesus name I stand in agreement with your prayers for the USA and know that this has its fulfillment according to the Word of God. So it is. Amen

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:27 pm

Dear Redeemed, thank you for reading and commenting on my poem and bless you for your faith in prayer and concern for our country. May God touch the hearts of all His children so that we may "constantly" feel the great need for continual prayer for revival in the hearts of God's people and for all our leaders. I do hope that 2017 will bring us more hope for our country and our people.
Prayer and blessings, Shirley