Bible Readings

Post your prayers and prayer requests here.

Moderator: Jeff Guest

Re: Bible Readings

Postby Hope » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:08 pm

Thank you for Blessing my day again with the Wonderful messages you share about our Savior!

God Bless You All Love Eva

I am Praying for Gillan and their daughter I know God will see them through everything!
Hope
Diamond Member

Postby Jeff Guest » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:38 am

He Still Has a Plan

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“ ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’ ”
(Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

The scripture tells us that without vision, people perish. If you don’t have a dream or vision for your life, then you’re not really going to reach your fullest potential. Maybe at one time you had a dream, but you went through some disappointments or setbacks. Things didn’t turn out the way you planned. But here’s a key: when one dream dies, dream another dream. Just because it didn’t work out the way you had it planned doesn’t mean that God doesn’t have another plan. You cannot allow one disappointment or even a series of disappointments to convince you that your dream is over. It’s time to dig your heals in and hold on to the promises in your heart. Stir up those God-given dreams today and watch Him pour out His favor and blessing upon you and fulfill every desire in your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I come humbly to You. I give You my past, my disappointments, my brokenness. Fill me with Your hope and expectation and give me the dreams and desires that You have in store for my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).
Jeff Guest

Postby hisheart » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:31 am

Jeff,

What a wonderful message for today. Dreams are hardly spoken of in these times of shattered ones. If we could just all learn to trust in God and reach out to Him, no how hard our circumstances might be, it would allow us to pick up and reach out to follow new dreams. Sometimes things change, just so we can find something new just to get excited about again. And, there is nothing more exciting nor rewarding than
setting new goals and find new ways to serve our Master.

Thank you for being here today. THE MESSAGE WAS GREAT AND THE MESSENGER WAS EVEN BETTER.

Love you!
Karen
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
hisheart
Diamond Member

Postby Hope » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Jeff,
I really enjoyed your message today I Love Joel Osteen! Thank You so much for sharing it with everyone.
God Bless You Love Eva
Hope
Diamond Member

Postby KaiserFranzGirl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:18 am

WELCOME TO
WITH JOY IN THE MORNING MINISTRIES

CHRISTMAS FOCUS: THE JOURNEY TO BETHLEHEM

WELCOME

From Rachel: Welcome to the second part of our focus on Christmas! Today we will be looking at Mary and Joseph’s journey from Nazareth to Bethlehem to take part in a census, where Jesus is born.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘Little Donkey’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_DT7GdQPI

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) And everyone went to their own town to register. So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them. Luke 2:1-7 (NIV)

HYMN:

Video made by Rachel: ‘Journey to Bethlehem’ by Marc Jonathan Haney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX4ealQd ... e=youtu.be

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

We are thinking today about Mary and Joseph travelling to Bethlehem. The Bible had foretold long ago that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. Bethlehem was the place that King David had come from. It was small but a special place.

The census happened at that time, and was in God’s plan so that Jesus would be born in Bethlehem. God planned everything, so that Jesus was born at the right time and in the right place. God is still in control today.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 (NIV)

We cannot always see this, but I believe we will know when we get to heaven. We must put ourselves into God’s hands today.

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

Nothing whatever, whether great or small, can happen to a believer, without God's ordering and permission. There is no such thing as "chance," "luck" or "accident" in the Christian's journey through this world. All is arranged and appointed by God. And all things are "working together" for the believer's good.

J.C. Ryle

The Christian experience, from start to finish, is a journey of faith.

Watchman Nee

God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile.

Max Lucado

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

An extract from:

The Man Who Owned the Stable, Part I

For then the Roman emperor had made a new decree
That all the world be taxed, and pay to Rome a census fee.
So thus it was that Joseph and his wife, the gentle Mary,
Must travel to their native land, despite their fear and worry,

To reach the town of Bethlehem:
Their distant, old ancestral home,
To register and pay the tax
As it had been decreed in Rome.

And Mary then was sore afraid, as she was great with child,
For many lands which they must cross were difficult and wild.
Then Joseph bought a gentle beast so that his wife could ride him,
And made the journey safely with their faith in God to guide them.

Now after days of travelling, they saw the welcome sight
Of David's tiny city just as darkness fell one night;
Though when they entered Bethlehem, both tired now, and cold,
They worried at some unexpected things which they were told.

"I have no room to offer you,"
The keeper of the inn had said;
"There is no place with any space---
Nor even just an empty bed!"

They turned away in great distress,
So very worried now, and sad.
It seemed there was no place to rest . . .
No room at all that could be had.

So that is how it happened that a stranger, standing near,
Had learned about their dreadful plight---and understood their fear.
He was a kindly man, and knew how crowded was his city;
And seeing now this couple's need, his heart was pierced with pity.

He wasn't quite a wealthy man, yet neither was he poor;
But as to whether he could help, he wasn't really sure.
His house was very crowded too, with family, friends, and kin;
And so he could not keep them there, nor even take them in.

Yet then a most unlikely thought,
unbidden, came into his mind---
that he, perhaps, did have some room
to give them . . . of a different kind.

At least they'd have a place to rest---that is, if he were able
to prompt them to abide the night within his lowly stable.
It would be quiet there, and warm and safer too, inside;
and for their simple needs he then could easily provide.
Although it wasn't proper for a mother-soon-to-be,
it was the best that he could do, of all the man could see.
But to his wonder, Joseph and his wife were both elated!
and all their other grave concerns were calmed and much abated.
They thanked him for his proffered aid, and gave their glad assent;
for now the time was drawing near their great and blest event.

(C) 2006 Roy Richards

The whole poem can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17229&hilit=mary+and+joseph

HYMN:

Video made by Rachel: ‘We Need a Place to Stay’ by Marc Jonathan Haney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzm4ge3 ... e=youtu.be

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

We acknowledge today that we have done things which we should not have done and left undone the things we should do. Forgive us and make us clean. You have died to pay the price for our wrong doing and to put us right with God. We thank You that You were prepared to leave the glories of heaven and come to earth as a baby. You were not born in a palace but in a humble stable because You love us.

We pray now for all those who are finding life hard. For those who are in pain, for those who are fearful, for the hungry, and those who are depressed. You know how we feel as you have travelled this road yourself and have suffered far more than we will ever have to. We thank you Lord and praise your name.

Amen

PRAYER REQUESTS:

From Christine:

Please pray for our dear brother Doug who is feeling unwell and in a lot of pain. He is missing joining in the service and looking forward to being well enough to do the service with us again.

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel:

We hope you have enjoyed our service today and will stick with us as we continue to explore the story of Christmas!

Karen, Doug, Rachel, Christine, Rebecca, Gillian, and Eva

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘If Mary and Joseph Used Facebook’, music by Folk Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbBgyt9D2ow

EDITED BY:
KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Postby Jeff Guest » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:48 am

Wonderful message girls, praying Doug gets to feeling much better soon, God Bless!

“I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.”

John 17:15-18

I remember when I first became a preacher and had just taken the role of Senior Pastor at a particular church. I was preaching on today’s passage from John about how Jesus prayed for believers. At the end of the sermon, a man came to me with tears in his eyes and said, “Pastor, that’s wonderful… Jesus is praying for me!”

You know, I had never thought about it like that. Jesus’ prayer nearly 2000 years ago has just as much impact on us today as it did the day He prayed it. It’s as if He’s right here with us today, praying for us at every turn.

So let me ask you a question: If you knew that Jesus Christ was praying for you right now, would that make a difference in the way you face life each and every day? If you knew the living Son of God had His hands on you praying over you, then it should change everything!

Time and distance make no difference. Jesus Christ’s prayer is affecting you right now. And you can face the challenges and the battles of life knowing that He has approached the Father for you. Do you believe that? If so, live your life with an unbreakable resolve to make a powerful difference for His name!

Pastor Jack Graham

BECAUSE JESUS PRAYS FOR YOU, YOU CAN OVERCOME ANY CIRCUMSTANCE AND MAKE A POWERFUL DIFFERENCE FOR HIS NAME!

Forget the
Former Things

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.”
(Isaiah 43:18, NIV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Too often, people spend so much time and energy dwelling on the past, dwelling on mistakes, or dwelling on disappointments. They don’t even realize that their focus is keeping them from moving forward in life. But in order to fully experience God’s blessings, you have to let go of those past hurts; you have to forget the former things to make room for the new.

God has a new beginning in store for you, and the way you prepare for it is by getting rid of the old. Don’t spend time focusing on where you’ve been; spend time focusing on where you’re going. When you “forget the former things,” it means you’re not worried about the past anymore. You don’t allow it to dictate your future. You may remember past events, but you don’t feel the pain like you used to. You’ve opened your heart to receive God’s healing. Begin today by declaring that your past is over! Forget the former things and receive the restoration and victory God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the life of blessing and victory You have prepared for me. I choose to forget the past. I choose to forgive. I choose to open my heart to You and receive everything You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).
Jeff Guest

Postby hisheart » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Rachel & Christine,

You have done an excellent job on these Christmas connections. You've done great tying things together. I've enjoyed the scriptures, the thought if the day, the songs and I have especially enjoyed your videos, Rachel. I know that hearts are being touched and blessed. I know that Doug is very pleased with you and I KNOW GOD IS SMILING.

Thank you for all your hard work, Love, Karen
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
hisheart
Diamond Member

Postby hisheart » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Dear Jeff,

I want you to know how very blessed I was by both of these messages today. Each one certainly made me think and it was good for me to remember that I need to forget the past when satan tries so hard to get me down on myself and I need to remember, too, that God is still on my side. That is easy to forget sometimes.

Thank you so much, Jeff. It is comforting to have you back here with us for as long as you can be. Blessings to you and Pokey,

Karen
hisheart
Diamond Member

Postby KaiserFranzGirl » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:31 pm

WELCOME TO

CHRISTMAS FOCUS: THE BIRTH OF JESUS

WELCOME

From Karen: Rachel and Christine have been doing such a wonderful job with their Christmas Services and I, like you, have enjoyed them so much. We want to welcome you all back today and encourage you to follow this journey of Mary and Joseph and the precious and Holy Son of God. Let us all see where the story takes us today!

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Mary's Boy Child’ by Boney M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCZx5GrmJzk

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21

While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them. Luke 2:6-7

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:3-5

HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: Enjoy this great version of ‘Away in a Manger’!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR9YGc7xlCQ

MESSAGE FROM KAREN:

This night of nights is the most sacred ever to have taken place during those days. The only thing that would compare with it until now is the death and resurrection of this same Savior who was born in a stable that night over 2000 years ago. His birth was foretold by the prophets of old and the scripture below says it so amazingly:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

These words are NOT fiction. These are the words of the Prophet Isaiah that brought HOPE to the world even then. The beautiful foretold salvation of the world was prophesied here……….and it came to pass. Just as the prophetic books of the Old Testament foretold the people of that day that there would be a coming Messiah, in the New Testament scriptures, we hear over and over again that this same Jesus is coming again. That, too, will be something to behold. However, this time, He will not be born meek and lowly, but He will be coming as the King of kings and the Lord of lords. He will come this time in power and great glory and the entire world will see Him as the TRUE Messiah, the Only Begotten Son of the Father, the “Lamb of God”, who taketh away the sins of the world.

In order to accomplish this sacrifice, Jesus had to be taken from His throne in Heaven and stripped of His royalty. He had to become a man, just like any man, even though He was God in the flesh. He was not born in a palace where Kings are usually born. He was born in a lowly stable. He was never treated with anything but hatred and rejection. But, this lowly stranger who came to be born on that night of nights was the Son of God the Father, and He was sent to die for us.

Luke 2:11 says ‘For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.’

As the angels of Heaven sung praises to the new born King, the world rejoiced that the prophesy had been fulfilled. The star in the East told those who awaited Him of His birth and many came to see this thing that had come to pass.

GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST AND ON EARTH, PEACE, GOOD WILL TO MEN. Luke 2:14

While those who came to see this prophesied Messiah, Luke 2:19 says that Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart.

PRAISE OUR ALMIGHTY GOD WHO SENT HIS SON SO THAT WE MIGHT BE SAVED.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

"If Christ were born in Bethlehem a thousand times and not in thee thyself; then art thou lost eternally." Angelus Silesius

"Rejoice, that the immortal God is born, so that mortal man may live in eternity." John Huss

“The immense step from the Babe at Bethlehem to the living, reigning triumphant Lord Jesus, returning to earth for His own people - that is the glorious truth proclaimed throughout Scripture. As the bells ring out the joys of Christmas, may we also be alert for the final trumpet that will announce His return, when we shall always be with Him.” Alan Redpath

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

Christmas Without Baby Jesus
Just imagine how lost and sad
All of us and the world would be
If Baby Jesus had not been born
Many years ago, for you and me!

Christmas would not definitely exist
Something completely, unheard of
We would still be separated from Our Father
With no hopes ever seeing Heaven Above!

We would still be watching and praying
For a Saviour to come and deliver us from sin
But with all the years that have passed by
The world may have forgotten about Him!

But Baby Jesus was born in Bethlehem
All Praise and Glory Be Given Unto Him!
Our Heavenly Father sent us a gift of Love
Who opened the gateway to Heaven Above!

This Christmas celebrate the Birth of Baby Jesus
The Saviour of the World, who came to earth for us!
The little baby that was sent from Heaven Above
To fill our hearts, with Everlasting, Divine Love!

By Linda Laybolt

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Karen: ‘No Room (for baby Jesus)’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGwnzz6hR0s

PRAYER REQUESTS & ANSWERED PRAYER:

From Karen:

Prayers are going up all around the world for all those who were robbed of their little children yesterday in the school shooting that took the lives of 20 children in Connecticut, USA. This is such a tragedy and these people's lives will never be the same. Our hearts go out to each of these families, the wounded and those whose lives were shattered. Let us remember them through this season ahead and may we pray for America. Evil is trying to take over this country. But, if we all turn back to God, we will all be blessed once again.

A friend from high school whose name is Bill Tucker, has been battling cancer for about 5 years and once again, he has a long fight ahead of him. One of our classmates went to visit him yesterday and said that Bill was in good spirits even after 6 hours of surgery on Thursday. Bill had a very large number of tumors on his face and neck that had to be removed. He was joking that he fears his modeling career is probably over. He is a wonderful person and this is just the beginning of this difficult journey. Please keep this wonderful man and his wife Renee, in your prayers. We are praying for another miracle for Bill.

Please pray for peace for things in Israel and the Middle East. Pray for God's mercy to fall upon America and all over the world.

Remember to pray for all of our military and above all, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO GIVE GOD ALL OF THE GLORY FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS.

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

Dear Lord we pray especially for all those who have been affected by the terrible massacre in America. We pray for all those who have been bereaved in such a tragic way and for those who have been injured. We pray Lord for all the children from the school and the parents and teachers who must all be in a state of shock. We pray too for the police and hospitals who were involved. Help the churches and others there in giving their support and help.

We pray for your peace Lord. We continue to pray for Doug and others from the Nethugs family who are unwell. We pray, too for Bill and his wife Renee. We thank you and worship you our precious Lord and saviour.

Amen

HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Silent Night’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_m0Y5MoM78

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel:

Thank you for joining with us to celebrate Jesus’ birth! We pray for God’s blessings to come upon you this Christmastime and into the new year.

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: ‘The Servant King’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrQiLEO4D5s

EDITED BY:
KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Postby Hope » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Thank You for Blessing my day again!

God Bless You All
Love Eva
Hope
Diamond Member

Postby KaiserFranzGirl » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:03 am

WELCOME TO

CHRISTMAS FOCUS: THE SHEPHERDS VISIT

WELCOME

From Rachel: Hello! In today’s service we will learn about the angels appearing to the shepherds and announcing the saviour’s birth!

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘While Shepherds Watched’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhWtl8b0C0I

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.” So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told. Luke 2:8-20 (NIV)

HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Hark! The Herald Angels Sing’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbdvo019mgM

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

We are thinking about the angels appearing to the shepherds today. When I read the passage again I was struck again by the glory of God. It must have been amazing to see all God’s angels all singing to God’s glory. We sometimes get too small a view of God. They appeared to humble shepherds not to rich important people. The shepherds were just doing their job when the angels appeared to them. They were afraid but went straight away to see Jesus. This must be our response, too.

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

"The most amazing thing about the Christmas story is its relevance. It is at home in every age and fits into every mood of life. It is not simply a lovely tale once told, but eternally contemporary. It is the voice crying out in every wilderness. It is as meaningful in our time as in that long-ago night when shepherds followed the light of the star to the manger of Bethlehem."

— Joseph R. Sizoo

"The shepherds were invited to come and see. They saw. They trembled. They testified. They rejoiced. They saw Him wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger, the Prince of Peace....

"At this Christmas season I extend to you the gift of determination to come and see...

"A young man in deep trouble and despair said to me recently, 'It's all right for others to have a merry Christmas, but not me. It's no use. It's too late.'

"...We can stay away and complain. We can stay away and nurse our sorrows. We can stay away and pity ourselves. We can stay away and find fault. We can stay away and become bitter.

"Or we can come and see! We can come and see and know!"

— Marvin J. Ashton

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

Did the Shepherds Really Know?

On that blessed holy night
So many years ago;
As angels proclaimed the Savior’s birth,
Did the Shepherds really know?

That the tiny little baby
Fast asleep upon the hay;
Was more than just a Savior
Who would “take” their sin away?

Did they think as He grew up,
He’d have a rod with magic powers.
That He‘d wave… speak a few choice words,
And take away these sins of ours?

Or, did they know about the suff’ring
Someday He’d have to bear?
That nails would pierce His hands and feet,
A crown of thorns He’d have to wear?

Perhaps they knew... It would take more
Than special words or a wand of magic…,
That the Savior’s BLOOD would wash sins away
As it flowed from the cross …. So cruel, so tragic.

Oh, did the shepherds really know
How very blessed they were that night,
To be summoned by the angels
And led to the wondrous sight?

Of the love of God incarnate
Lying there upon the hay?
Did they know they were observing
The Truth! the Life! the Way?

God’s Spirit beckons me today...
Come to the manger and rejoice!
Worship the perfect sinless Christ
And give Him praise with heart and voice!

As I wonder about the shepherds,
Who lived so many years ago,
I’m asking myself the question now,
Do “I” really truly know?

Just how precious was that gift
God sent to us that night;
How hopeless I would be
If He had claimed His sovereign right?

And kept the only Son He had
To reign with Him on high;
Not willing to make the sacrifice
And send His Son to die?

I offer praise to God this Christmas
For I really don’t know why
He sacrificed His precious Son
For sinners such as I.

Or... do I know why?
Of course I know why!!!!
God is LOVE John 3:16

© Shirley Adcock Baucom, 11-29-10

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘The First Noel’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RaJXcN_9vU

From Christine:

Please pray for our dear brother Doug who has been taken into hospital again today. He has a badly infected foot which is very painful. He has been struggling at home with it for a while as he really did not want to go to hospital. He apologizes that he has not been able to respond to emails or send cards but he is too ill and is unable to see much either at the moment.

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

We pray Lord, especially for Doug at this difficult time and for all those who are in hospital. We pray too for the doctors and nurses as they care for them. We pray that Doug will get the care that he needs and that his diabetes will not be badly affected by his stay in hospital.

We pray also for those who are bereaved, sad, lonely, ill or finding life difficult. It is even harder at Christmas when others are having a good time.

We praise you again for all that you are and all that you do for us.

Amen

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel:

Thank you for reading and listening! We hope you have enjoyed today’s service about the shepherds. Please come back for the story of the wise men!

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Doug: ‘Christmas at Nethugs’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWUzU8UM ... e=youtu.be

EDITED BY:
KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Postby KaiserFranzGirl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:19 am

WELCOME TO

CHRISTMAS FOCUS: THE WISE MEN’S VISIT

WELCOME

From Rachel: We welcome you to today’s service, where we learn about the importance of the wise men’s visit to the Christmas story.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘We Three Kings of Orient Are’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8mjRxkMBkE

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.” When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. When he had called together all the people’s chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Messiah was to be born. “In Bethlehem in Judea,” they replied, “for this is what the prophet has written: “‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will shepherd my people Israel.’” Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. He sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.” After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route. Matthew 2:1-12 (NIV)

HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘One King’ by Point Of Grace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e013hM0BRuA

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

It was good to read through the true story of the wise men again today. The wise men were quite different to the shepherds we read about last time. Whilst the shepherds were poor, ordinary people; the wise men were rich and clever. Jesus came to save us whoever we are!

The wise men knew that the coming of Jesus was very important and were prepared to give up a long period of time to search for him. We should follow their example and realize that it is worth giving up anything to know him.

We also read that their immediate reaction on seeing Jesus was to worship him. They gave him gifts suitable for a king. The three gifts had a spiritual meaning: gold for a king on earth, frankincense (an incense) as a symbol of deity, and myrrh (an embalming oil) as a symbol of death- Jesus’ death on the cross. We too must worship Jesus the King of Kings.

We can see that God uses things we might not expect to fulfil his purposes; in this case the star. All creation is subject to him.

HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘Wise Men Still Seek Him’ by Lynn Cooper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMxEiCjiglo

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

The Bible is to us what the star was to the wise men; but if we spend all our time in gazing upon it, observing its motions, and admiring its splendor, without being led to Christ by it, the use of it will be lost to us.

Thomas Adams

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

What Happened To Christmas?

Somebody stole my Christmas. They took it clean away
Some jolly guy in a big red suit, with some reindeer and a sleigh
I think he came down my chimney, or maybe through my front door
He took away everything I had, left these presents on the floor
My heart is sad and heavy, the children haven’t heard
The real meaning of Christmas we read about in God’s word

Their parents are out buying Christmas, with credit cards and debt
They’re trying to make this Christmas the biggest and best one yet
They’re just tired, and so exhausted. They’re frustrated by it all
They know they can’t find Christmas in the stores down at the mall
If they’d just stop to remember how Christmas was meant to be
Before it somehow got replaced with gifts beneath their trees

I wish they’d take a trip with me. I think we could find
The true meaning of Christmas as we journey back in time
If they could hear the angels singing, “Peace on earth, good will to men”
If they could see the shepherds listening, then run to look for Him
If they could see three wise men, who had travelled oh so far
Ever westward on their journey, following a star

We’d all end up together in a town called Bethlehem
We’d find the source of Christmas in a stable behind some Inn
There we’d see sweet Mary, with her baby as he lay
Wrapped in swaddling clothes, asleep, in a manger filled with hay
Like the shepherd and the wise men, we‘d be humbled and amazed
And join in with the angels in worship and in praise

To think this little baby, who was sent from God above
Would come into our hearts and fills us with His love
We’d become alive. We’d know what it’s like to live
We’d know loving-kindness is the best gift we can give
Our minds would fill with wonder as we try to understand
How the greatest gift there ever was, was free to every man

Then I think they would remember how Christmas was meant to be
Before it got replaced somehow with the tinsel, gifts and trees
See, you can’t buy your Christmas with credit cards and debt
Putting Christ into your Christmas will make it the best one yet
Don’t let them steal your Christmas. Take this all away
This jolly man, his big red suit, his reindeer and his sleigh

I don’t know about you, but I want my Christmas back.

A Poem by Charles Betts for Christmas 2010

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘O Come All Ye Faithful’ by Celtic Woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45VGDNHJ4Zo

From Christine:

Please continue to pray for Doug, who is expecting to have an operation on his foot on Boxing Day.

Gillian is now home-schooling Bethany and it seems to be working out very well. Please continue to pray as it is all new to them.

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

Dear Lord, we thank you for giving us the Bible where we can learn about you. We thank you that the angels, the shepherds and the wise men all worshipped you. We want to worship you, too. All creation is subject to you and you are all powerful and yet you love us.

We continue to pray for those affected by the recent atrocities at the school in America. Be close to them and comfort them we pray. Help all those who mourn, those who have been injured and everyone who is hurt, confused and afraid.

We pray for the sick, including Doug, and that you would help the surgeon and the doctors and nurses.

We pray Lord for the safety of our children and that you would protect their minds that they will learn the truth.

Amen

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel:

Thanks for sticking with our Christmas services! Our final Christmas focus will be on ‘the reason for the season’. Be sure to come back on Sunday to find out what it’s all about! We also hope to send out a carol service for Christmas day.

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘Follow the Star’ by Karen Bunker and Steve Politte

http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/followthestar.htm

EDITED BY:
KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Postby Hope » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:32 am

What a Wonderful Christmas message. I was so Blessed by it.

God Bless You All Love Eva
Hope
Diamond Member

Postby KaiserFranzGirl » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:14 pm

WELCOME TO

CHRISTMAS FOCUS: THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

WELCOME

From Karen: Christmas is, and should be the most wonderful time of the year. God sent his beloved son 2000 years ago to become the savior of the world. I can't wait any longer to see what awaits us all today as we continue our journey… So come on everyone… it is almost the Lord's birthday!!!

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘From the Squalor of a Borrowed Stable (Immanuel)’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YksTeR61O1I

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God. John 3:16-21 (NIV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘Born that we may have life’ sung by Chris Tomlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vPlNX9HlVM

MESSAGE FROM KAREN:

WHAT IF THERE HAD BEEN ROOM IN THE INN? Inspired by God.

And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. Luke 2:7

The focus today is the truth about the birth of Christ and the way that God chose to send his son to us. If one thing had been changed, there would have been no "reason for the season"!!!

The scripture above describes a scene. The scene itself would NOT be a familiar one to women of today who give birth in a much more “comfortable” setting. But how would it have been if there HAD been room in the inn when Mary and Joseph passed through Bethlehem that night? Just that one thing would have changed the course of mankind forevermore.

God does not do things that are frivolous or for no reason. Everything, every thought, every decision that our God makes, has a reason. The things surrounding the birth of Christ have always been significant and different from the birth of the rest of us. Mary was a VIRGIN chosen by God to bear His Son. She gave birth to him, not in a palace where man would have expected the Son of God to be born. He was born in a stable and instead of a cradle filled with down blankets and silk, he was wrapped in swaddling clothes and his bed was a manger of hay. THE BIBLE TELLS US THAT THE REASON HE WAS BORN IN A STABLE WAS BECAUSE THERE WAS NO ROOM IN THE INN.

He was of a humble beginning so that people like you and I could realize that God in all His glory, loves all people. STATURE IN HIS EYES RESTS IN THE HEART AND NOT AMONG THE RICHES OF THIS WORLD. THE THINGS OF THIS WORLD THAT WE FOCUS SO MUCH ON AT THIS TIME OF YEAR ARE THE VERY THINGS THAT DISTRACT US FROM THE TRUE GIFT. If Jesus HAD been born in the inn, His CONNECTION to the poorest of people and his outreach to the everyday common person would have been effected.

God sent His Son from the glory of Heaven. He took Him from the palaces of His Heavenly home and put him in a stable to be born. Jesus says of Himself in Matthew 11:29, ‘Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.’ If Jesus HAD been born in the inn, He would have been born by the standards of the day and not as a humble servant, who would grow up to be a carpenter by trade and The Lamb of God who would take away the sins of the world. If there HAD been room in the inn, the Hope of mankind would never have been born as the Messiah, the One foretold in the prophesy. And we, would all be doomed to a disastrous end. IF JESUS HAD BEEN BORN IN THE INN…………THERE WOULD BE NO REASON AT ALL FOR THIS SEASON!!!

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was not a man of vanity. Have you ever wondered why it was the “shepherds” that were among the first to receive the announcement? Could it be because Jesus Himself would become known as ‘THE GOOD SHEPHERD”? There was a connection that God wanted to establish from the very beginning about the birth of His Son into this lost and dying world. HE WANTED HIS SON TO BE HUMBLE, A MAN OF NO REPUTATION.

In Philippians 2:5-7, Paul speaks of Jesus in this way: ‘Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: BUT MADE HIMSELF OF NO REPUTATION AND TOOK UPON HIM THE FORM OF A SERVANT, AND WAS MADE IN THE LIKENESS OF MEN. AND BEING FOUND IN FASHION AS A MAN, HE HUMBLED HIMSELF AND BECAME OBEDIENT UNTO DEATH, EVEN THE DEATH OF THE CROSS.’ Would He or could He have been so humbled, if there HAD been room in the inn???

When you think about His humble beginnings, and why He chose the way of no reputation, then it is easier to understand why God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him, as it says in Hebrews 11:6. It is the same faith that sent the shepherds to seek and find the newborn King that night so long ago. And it is the same faith that set the Wise men on a lingering journey who would not be satisfied until they finally found the One who was born the King of the Jews. It is that kind of faith that God alone will grant into the Kingdom of Heaven one day because they diligently searched and sought the TRUTH.

One day soon, the King of Glory will appear and this time it will NOT be as a servant. One day soon, this man of no reputation will finally get the recognition He deserves as God reveals to the world His Son. That same passage in Philippians says in chapter 2, verses 9-11: ‘Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.’

If there HAD been room in the inn that night in Bethlehem, He would not have been born as a servant, but as a common middle class man just like anyone else. He would not have been the Good Shepherd that watched over His sheep. He would not have died a pauper’s death, this Lamb of God, who took away the sins of the world. He came the first time as the Servant of all.

But, as the song says:
The next time He comes,
He won’t have to die for me.
The next time He comes,
There won’t be a Calvary.
The next time He comes,
We’ll begin eternity.
The next time He comes,
He’ll be coming for me.

Are you ready for the next time He comes? The next time He comes, He will be seen by all as described in Matthew 24:30. ‘And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.’

Jesus Christ was born a King, in a stable in Bethlehem over 2000 years ago. He came for one reason, to give His life as a sacrifice for our sins. He was BORN TO DIE for you and me. Let this Christmas season be a special birthday for you, too. Make it your new birthday in Christ. If you have never asked Jesus to forgive you of your sins and to come into your heart and be your Savior, now is the time. How can you turn your back on God’s Son, who offers you the free gift of eternal life by the simple act of believing in Him? Make this the most joyous season of your life by accepting the most perfect of all gifts; the One that was born in a manger so many years ago……… because there was no room in the inn. Please don’t delay. He is waiting for you.

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

"In the hustle and bustle, amidst the trappings and the wrappings, it's good to pause and reflect on the reason for the Christmas season. As we rush to buy our gifts, let's remember what happened on that first Christmas morn. The trappings were a stable in Bethlehem, and the wrappings were swaddling clothes that became the royal garments of the Infant King. The gift Jesus Christ, the Son of God, made flesh." Bob Kelly (from Worth Repeating by Bob Kelly)

Under most Christmas trees on December 25 there will be many gifts. On Calvary's tree there was only one gift but it included all others- God's gift of his only begotten Son. Anonymous (from Worth Repeating by Bob Kelly)

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

I heard a voice amongst the scurrying crowd,
declaring annoyance at Christmas...he was so loud!
I looked around at faces strained, their arms full
of packages, trying hard to maintain.
Yes, Christmas can be stressful, more work than delight,
but let's not forget that long ago night.
God gave us a Gift that can never be matched,
we need only accept it with hearts wide, unlatched.
The Babe in the manger was only the beginning,
His Holy Spirit still works wonders, more hearts
He is winning.
So let's slow down the hustle and bustle,
and give thought to the season,
for Jesus, of course, is the absolute Reason!

Claudia Hibdon

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘What Child Is This’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwyvWQxoVhk

From Karen:

Please remember that this is the most sacred time of year for Christians. When you are having your Christmas with your family, remember to read the Christmas story and have a special prayer of thanks for God's great sacrifice and the Lord Jesus' great gift of His life for ours! Praise Him and set a place for Him at your table. IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY!

Continue to remember the families of those precious children who were taken away from their families so suddenly last week. The innocent children of that awful tragedy are with their Heavenly Father today. The families desperately need our prayers.

Remember Matthew Cecil and his family as his surgery is scheduled for January 2. He needs our prayers now as well as in the future.

Continue to pray for Cassie and Elliot Neighbors today and ask God to heal them of this awful flu along with so many others who are suffering terribly.

Our own Doug is having surgery on December 26th and he is not doing very well, so please ask for a total healing as he faces yet another surgery.

We have many more, so please go to http://www.openmyeyeslord.net and look on the prayer page for the most up to date prayer requests.

And please, drive safely this festive season and have a blessed holiday!

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

We thank you Lord for this joyful time of year when we remember the greatest gift ever. We thank You that You left the glories of heaven to be born in a humble stable and to come to die to save us from our sins and make us right with God.

We pray for your healing of Doug and Matthew Cecil as they face surgery. We pray for those who are sick with the flu or the norovirus, especially the elderly or very young. Help us to never forget all that You have done for us.

Amen

IN CLOSING:

From Karen: WE PRAISE GOD FOR JESUS CHRIST WHO IS THE "REASON FOR THE SEASON" AND WE WISH YOU ALL A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘The Reason for the Season’ by Lonestar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeJ-09zIEZ8

EDITED BY:
KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Postby KaiserFranzGirl » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:42 pm

WELCOME TO

CHRISTMAS DAY CAROLS

WELCOME

From Rachel: Welcome to our Christmas Day service! There are so many beautiful Christian Christmas songs and carols we thought we would devote today’s special service to them. Christine, Karen, Gillian, Rebecca and I have chosen a range of traditional and modern songs for you, in conventional and unconventional versions. Enjoy!

I have made a Playlist of all the songs on this page which you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... Qxn4j_xrrz , or you can watch them individually below:

Chosen by Christine: ‘On Christmas Day’ sung by Matt Osgood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrvwDGfTk4I

Chosen by Christine: ‘Angels We Have Heard On High’ sung by Sixpence None The Richer with Leigh Nash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is_7LUAs4V0

Chosen by Christine: ‘O Little Town of Bethlehem’ sung at The NBA Big Sing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ppzuPARXg

Chosen by Gillian: ‘Oh Holy Night’ sung by Celine Dion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKSknasr ... e=youtu.be

Chosen by Christine: ‘Coming To Us’ sung by Taryn Chase Hofert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq--xMmrVUU

Chosen by Rachel: ‘Calypso Carol’ (See Him Lying On a Bed of Straw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVxIOj8zCRc

Chosen by Christine: ‘Born to Die’ sung by Bebo Norman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S5cQhx2nZA

Chosen by Rachel: ‘I Wonder as I Wander’ sung by Kidzup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-iOSuMcNsc

Chosen by Christine: ‘Joy to the World’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpgaWm2pnNs

Chosen by Karen: ‘Be Born In Me (MARY)’ by Francesca Battistelli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsXOP7aQeqQ

Chosen by Christine: ‘Perfect Love (Mary's Song)’ sung by Darlene Zschech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXeegmzF6Z0

Chosen by Rebecca and Gillian: ‘Hark! The Herald Angels Sing’ sung by Amy Grant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbdvo019 ... e=youtu.be

Chosen by Christine: ‘The Candle Song’ written by Graham Kendrick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGAXlGBB10M

Chosen by Christine: ‘A Strange Way to Save the World’ sung by 4 Him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBCVIJBB7o4

Chosen by Rachel: ‘Once In Royal David's City’ sung by Haven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB5-95pVK98

Chosen by Christine: ‘He is wonderful’ sung by Kathryn Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZWacY6gB_4

Chosen by Rachel: ‘O Sing a Song of Bethlehem’ sung by Chicago Metro Presbytery Music (please go to 1 minute in to skip the instrumental)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W0wI2MQ7p0

Chosen by Christine: ‘O Holy Night’ sung by Celtic Woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5MpQsLJvOw

Chosen by Karen: ‘Happy Birthday Jesus’ sung by Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBSZJ8CYUEs

Chosen by Christine: ‘For Unto Us A Child Is Born’ (from Handel's Messiah) sung by Choir and Orchestra of Pro Christe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlV9NrN67ps

Chosen by Rachel: ‘The Star of Bethlehem’ sung by James Loynes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HSJqcxiw4I

Chosen by Christine: ‘Savior Of The World’ sung by Hillsong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M28wUNUScc

Chosen by Christine: ‘When Love Was Born’ sung by Mark Schultz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKSU9Dbxvrw

Chosen by Rachel: ‘Joseph's Song’ by Mary Earthman Littman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caP7dMZUaoQ

IN CLOSING:
From Rachel: We hope you have enjoyed our Christmas carol service and have a very happy and blessed Christmas and New Year! We are so pleased you have been able to join with us during this Christmas season, and throughout 2012. We will be back with a new theme in January.

EDITED BY:
KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to Prayers