Bible Readings

Post your prayers and prayer requests here.
christine
Registered Member

Re: Bible Readings

Post by christine » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:43 pm

thank you so much Eva for your kind response. it is very encouraging for us

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:51 pm

WELCOME TO
WITH JOY IN THE MORNING MINISTRIES

FOCUS: THE GREAT COMMISSION AND THE ASCENSION

WELCOME

From Christine: Welcome to our service this Lord’s day. We bring our Easter series to an end today with the Ascension and the Great Commission.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Crown Him with Many Crowns’, sung by Robin Mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vo1rh6MJLI

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Christine:

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:16-20 (NIV)

When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God. Luke 24:50-53 (NIV)

After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. Mark 16:19 (NIV)

After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.” Acts 1:9-11 (NIV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘He is Exalted’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEl-UoMVTfU

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

Jesus tells the disciples that He has been given all authority in heaven and on earth. He commands them to preach to everyone, everywhere, and to make them His disciples. He also tells the disciples to baptise everyone in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. In addition, He asks them to tell everyone to obey all his commands. He does not ask us to do this on our own, as He is with us always. This is a wonderful promise to remember, especially when we are struggling. We are not all able to stand up in a pulpit to preach, but we can all tell others about Jesus, with His help. We must pray that He will give us opportunities and help us to use those opportunities to his glory.

I have included the passages from Luke and Mark as the ascension is not covered in Matthew. Jesus blessed them and was taken up to heaven. It emphasises the great joy that they had as they returned to Jerusalem. They worshipped and praised Him and stayed at the temple. The disciples preached and the Lord was with them. Their work was confirmed by signs. Jesus ascended to heaven, where He sits at God’s right hand. He had conquered sin and death and ascended to receive the glory due to Him.

And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:8-11 (NIV)

He also became our Mediator and advocate with the Father.

For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. Hebrews 9:24 (NIV)

Thirdly, He went to heaven to prepare a place for us.

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? John 14:2 (NIV)

He went into heaven to send us the promised Holy Spirit, too. The Advocate is another name for the Holy Spirit.

But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. John 16:7 (NIV)

And His purpose is to guide us in the truth, help us to understand what Jesus says, and to bring glory to Jesus.

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. John 16:13-14 (NIV)

The Acts passage tells us of angels foretelling the second coming of Jesus as well.

“This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.” Acts 1:11b (NIV)

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

When Christ returned to heaven, He withdrew His physical presence from our sight. He didn't stop being with the disciples but by the ascension fulfilled His promise to be with us to the end of the world. As His body was raised to heaven, so His power and reign have spread to the uttermost parts. John Calvin

In his life, Christ is an example, showing us how to live; in his death, he is a sacrifice, satisfying for our sins; in his resurrection, a conqueror; in his ascension, a king; in his intercession, a high priest. Martin Luther

The fact that the Christian church was able to endure centuries of persecution and survived centuries of neglect and opposition is difficult to explain apart from the system of theology stemming from belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who actually died, rose, and ascended into heaven. John F. Walvoord

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

What A FRIEND & LORD INDEED

What a friend and Lord we have indeed,
Who watches over us in times of need.
Our Lord Jesus listens to our every plea,
Follow the path He has set for you and me.
It is not always easy to follow the right road,
With God in our lives, He helps carry the load.
Be still; be guided, by His everlasting love,
One day we will meet Him in heaven above.
Treat others as you would like to be treated,
Love thy neighbour as thyself, no regret.
Amen.

By Doug Holt, November 2006

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘All heaven declares’ sung by Martin Ball and Hillsong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPkZAjA610k

PRAYER REQUESTS & ANSWERED PRAYER:

From Christine:

Please continue to pray for Doug and Rebecca who are both finding things hard.

Praise God that my husband, Raymond’s, kidney scan is clear following a kidney operation for cancer last October.

Please pray for a friend of ours called Eric who is getting the results of a scan for his kidney next week. He has already had his bladder removed following cancer. He only has one functional kidney and the doctor thinks he has cancer in the remaining kidney.

LET US PRAY:

From Christine: We praise and thank You Lord for Your promise to be with us. Help us to share the good news that You have died to save us, have risen from the dead and are in heaven, watching over us and blessing us.

We pray, Lord, for those who are ill, especially those suffering from cancer. We pray too for all those who are suffering from depression or are lonely or afraid.

Please bring reconciliation between people and nations. We thank You that we can be reconciled to You through Jesus. In His Name we pray,

Amen.

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: Thank you for viewing our message today. We pray that it has been a blessing to you and ask you to please pray that it will bless everyone else who reads it too.

Karen, Doug, Rachel, Christine, Rebecca, Gillian, and Eva

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: ‘At Your Feet We Fall’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgN3qS7TeQo

EDITED BY:

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Thu May 09, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi everyone,

Doug is not at all well at the moment, please pray for him!

Apologies for the lack of messages recently, I am nearing the end of my course and have a lot of work to do! We have also been busy with redecorating our house and sorting through things.

We hope to post a new message soon.

Thanks for your prayers!

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sun May 12, 2013 9:50 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS: THE BEGINNING OF JESUS’ MINISTRY

WELCOME

From Christine and Rachel: We are sorry we haven't posted a service recently, I (Rachel) am nearing the end of my course and have had a lot of work to do! We have also been busy with redecorating our house and sorting through things, and we have been to visit our Rebecca. We hope you found our Easter services a blessing. We are returning to where we left off in Matthew, which was after the temptations of Jesus.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘There Were 12 Disciples’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy1ShLRvx1E

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Christine:

When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he withdrew to Galilee. Leaving Nazareth, he went and lived in Capernaum, which was by the lake in the area of Zebulun and Naphtali— to fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah: “Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles— the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.” From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him. Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them, and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.

Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed; and he healed them. Large crowds from Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him. Matthew 4:12-25 (NIV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Here I am to Worship’ by Hillsong United

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBKzCpkXJR4

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

After the temptations, Jesus began his ministry. He told the people to “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” Jesus made it clear that all who turned to Him acknowledging their sin would be saved. Again He was fulfilling prophesy from the Old Testament:

‘Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress. In the past he humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the future he will honor Galilee of the nations, by the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan— The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned.’ Isaiah 9:1-2 (NIV)

This passage refers to The Light having come. The Light is the knowledge of and the presence of God.

Jesus summoned His first disciples; Simon called Peter, Andrew, James, and John. They were all fishermen and humble men. We should, like them, be prepared to give up anything for Jesus’ sake. They left their jobs and their families in order to answer Jesus’ call.

In the last section, we see what Jesus did in His ministry. He taught, preached and healed the sick. We will hear more about this as we look at the next chapters in Matthew. His power to heal showed us that He was no ordinary man, but that He was the promised Messiah.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

God calls upon all His people to serve Him. The first thought many Christians have about service is that they are insufficient or incompetent to carry out such a holy and weighty task. Humanly speaking, they are right, but that is why God steps in and provides the competency or ability to do any task He calls them to do. Woodrow Kroll

God nowhere asks anyone to have a large church. He only calls us to do his work, proclaiming his Word to people he loves under anointing power of the Holy Spirit to produce results that only he can bring about. Jim Cymbala

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

I WILL FOLLOW JESUS

You ask why I follow my Jesus
Why I love Him the way I do
When the world's turned away from His teachings
And the people who serve Him are few

It's not the rewards I'm after
Or gifts that I hope to receive
It's the Presence that calls for commitment
It's the Spirit I trust and believe

The Lord doesn't shelter His faithful
Or spare them all suffering and pain
Like everyone else I have burdens
And walk through my share of rain
Yet He gives me a plan and a purpose

And that joy only Christians have known
I never know what comes tomorrow
But I do know I'm never alone
It's the love always there when you need it
It's the words that redeem and inspire
It's the longing to ever be with Him
That burns in my heart like a fire

So you ask why I love my Lord Jesus?
Well, friend, that's so easy to see
But the one thing that fills me with wonder is
Why Jesus loves someone like me~

By B.J.Morbitzer, 2011

http://forums.nethugs.com/viewtopic.php ... 85#p227985

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘I Will Make You Fishers of Men’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL7uV5jF8Rk

From Christine:

Please pray for Doug, who is not feeling very well at the moment and thank the Lord for his carer, who is such a blessing to him.

Please continue to pray for Rebecca, who is finding life difficult at present.

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

Thank You Lord that You came to this earth because You loved us and that You died to save us. We thank You that we have free access to the Bible and that You caused it to be written so that we could hear You speaking to us. We pray for those who are translating the Bible into other languages. Help us to value it as we should and to read it more.

We pray, Lord, for all who are unwell physically, mentally or spiritually. Be with all who are lonely or afraid, we pray. We pray too, Lord, for the bereaved. We think especially for all those affected by the Boston bombing, and the factory collapse in Bangladesh. Bring comfort to them, we pray. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: Thank you for sticking with us, and thank you for your great feedback. If you haven’t done so already, we would really appreciate it if you could take 2 minutes to tell us what you think of our messages via this survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WQS7CV2

Thank you!

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Shine Jesus Shine’ by Graham Kendrick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi1Ubff5XoY

EDITED BY:

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sun May 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Thank you so much for Blessing so many with your messages!
God Bless You All
Love Eva

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:43 pm

DEAREST DOUG; I JUST NOW FOUND THIS..I HAD BEEN WONDERING@YOU....I AM SO SORRY@YOUR HEALTH"....I LOVE YOUR WEB-SITE'....I WILL BE ,'KEEPING YOU IN MY LOVE AND PRAYERS', ALWAYS'....I SEE NOW, WHY THEY R SO CONCERNED@THE EYES...MY SISTER,LISA, AND I, BOTH HAVE TYPEII-DIABETES...WE R OK., BUT I AM SO SADDENED TO HEAR THIS, DEAREST BROTHER IN THE LORD'.... ))(( ))(( )))((( )))(((
"GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS'....LOVE, PASTOR/SIS SHIRLEY ANN SHAW~~

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:39 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS: THE BEATITUDES

WELCOME

From Christine: We are sorry to have been away for so long. Rachel has finished her Open University course for this year and has done her exam. It seemed to go well but we are still waiting for the results. Since we last wrote we have been away for a week to where we used to live for a beautiful wedding and to visit friends and family. We have also visited Rebecca and had our granddaughter/niece to stay.

We are continuing from where we left off in Matthew and we have now come to Chapter 5 and the beatitudes. We hope it will be a blessing to you.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘You Are Blessed (the beatitudes song)’ by Robyn Collins and Beau Hoffman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXhYqD0POkM

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Christine:

Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them.

He said: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:1-12 (NIV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Blessed are the Humble’ by Graham Kendrick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9NBuOSAwFE

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

This message turns everything upside down and is not what we would expect to hear. It must have come as a big shock to its first listeners. Jesus came not to save the proud and those who were self-sufficient, but those who acknowledge their weakness and are humble.

Also, it is a blessing when we are ill-treated and persecuted for Jesus’ sake, as we will receive our reward in heaven. Jesus comforts us when we come before him and will feed us on his word.

We will be happy when we show mercy. Jesus told a parable about forgiveness:

As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold was brought to him. Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt. “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ The servant’s master took pity on him, cancelled the debt and let him go. “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins. He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded. “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’ “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt.

When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened. “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I cancelled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.” Matthew 18:24-35 (NIV)

God is merciful to us, so we should be merciful to others.

Jesus says we will be blessed if we are pure in heart. We need to ask God for his help in being careful about what we watch and read in order to help to keep ourselves pure. We also need to think of good things. The Bible says:

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8 (NIV)

God will also bless us when we are peacemakers. We should always avoid making trouble and try to improve things for others. We must think before we speak and be quick to apologize.

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

The poor in spirit views himself as possessing nothing. Watchman Nee

We were promised sufferings. They were part of the program. We were even told, 'Blessed are they that mourn.' C.S. Lewis

A soul may be in as thriving a state when thirsting, seeking and mourning after the Lord as when actually rejoicing in Him; as much in earnest when fighting in the valley as when singing upon the mount. John Newton

Gentleness is an active trait, describing the manner in which we should treat others. Meekness is a passive trait, describing the proper Christian response when others mistreat us. Jerry Bridges

Mercy requires that we learn to love others, to value their welfare more than our own! John Hagee

We must aim to preach in such a way that we breed a kind of people who feel loved not when they are made much of, but when they are patiently helped to enjoy making much of God, even when they themselves are slandered, ridiculed, persecuted, and killed. John Piper

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

CHANGED, A Poem Inspired by The Beatitudes

The morning was quiet, it was so clear that day, the sun was shining so bright.
On the walk I took that morning, I beheld such a glorious sight.
My curiosity got the best of me, though, and I just had to go up and see,
What all these people were doing here, I wondered what it could be.

And then I beheld Him, the One who taught, & some even called Him God’s Son.
There was something very familiar about Him, so I listened as He had begun
To speak a beautiful message, that reached out in an unusual way.
Who was this man from Galilee, whose words touched my heart that day?

Blessed are the poor in spirit, He said, for Heaven shall belong to them.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall know comfort again.
Blessed are the meek who walk in this world; for they shall inherit the earth.
I was overcome by the love He shared; far too great to measure it‘s worth.

As I clung to every word He said, I began to feel as if all things were new.
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, they‘ll be filled ,too.
Blessed are those who are merciful; for mercy is what they will gain.
Blessed are the pure in heart; for they will see God and He’ll know their name.

Each word I heard from this King of kings, only made me want to hear more.
Blessed are the peacemakers, He said, for they are God’s children, you can be sure.
Blessed are they which are persecuted, all for righteousness sake.
For theirs’ is the kingdom of Heaven; where their home forever, they’ll make.

When men revile and persecute you, and speak false evil things, because of me.
Be exceedingly glad and rejoice in this, because great rewards in Heaven there’ll be.
That is the same thing that was done, to the prophets that walked before you.,
And the treasures they have in Heaven above, are the same ones that you will have, too.

The morning was quiet, it was so clear that day, the sun was shining so bright.
As I walked on the mountain that morning, my heart I finally got right,
For as I listened to the sermon He spoke, I asked Him if He’d enter in.
He changed me that day and as He walked away, I felt my new life begin.

Written by Karen Bunker, August 22, 2007

Thank you, Holy Spirit, for the Words You provided for this message.

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Refiner's fire (purify my heart)’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IvXA0yRDwY

From Christine: Please pray for our dear brother Doug Holt. He has had an operation on his left eye which is still painful and irritated. He is also waiting for another operation and has problems with his kidneys, so is not at all well. He really misses being able to go on nethugs as he is almost blind. He has asked us to send his love.

This important email request just came from Eva Dimel. Please pray for Eva and her husband, that he will be given good news after these tests are done:

Will you please ask everyone to pray for my husband Tom? He had some tests done a few months ago and they found out he has diverticulitis. We thought that was all, but his doctor called today to let me know that he has a thickening in his bladder and something with his kidneys, the doctor wants more tests done. He told me it showed up with the other tests from before, but that he had to wait to do more tests for at least a month or longer, and it has been that long we had no idea. I am Praying for God’s Results for Tom, but I still get worried with it being my husband. I really Love and appreciate you all. Thank you so much for all your Prayers, Love Eva

LET US PRAY:

From Christine: We thank You Lord for all Your goodness to us. We pray that You will be close to Doug, Eva and Tom at this difficult time. Please bless those who are ill or struggling in any way, and may they know Your love for them. We pray for all those who are suffering or mourning as a result of the terrible train crashes in Paris and Spain.

We thank You Lord that You know all about us and that You still love us. Forgive us Lord for all the ways we displease You and help us to forgive others.

We thank You Lord that You love us so much that You died for us. Amen

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: Thank you for being so patient in our long absence! Thanks also to those who have filled in our survey; it seems that you find our services to be a blessing to you! We thank the Lord and pray that we will be able to send out these messages on a weekly basis again. Love to all,

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: ‘The Beatitudes’ by Michael Schroeder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFTqywsBSog

EDITED BY:

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:38 am

I want to Thank everyone for their Prayers for Tom and me. We got Good God Results He was in charge and everything looked good no Cancer THANK GOD!
And Thank you for all the Wonderful things I read here today God is so good and I will be Praying for Doug I really miss him.

God Bless You All Love Eva

dwest1960
Registered Member

Post by dwest1960 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:41 am

I love that verse! One of my all time favorites! Thanks for sharing, Doug! I hope many people read this post by you and turn their heart to Jesus! He is awesome! God bless! :D
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

linda56
Gold Member

Post by linda56 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Good Morning All and Welcome to the Sunday Service on Nethugs. Last week I somehow got the service in the wrong area. Hope this works out ok this week.
Jesus%20Christ%20940871955_c6217563a4_o.jpg
Jesus%20Christ%20940871955_c6217563a4_o.jpg (36.04 KiB) Viewed 6259 times

We will open our service with a hymn called Breathe On Me Breath Of God:
http://youtu.be/MmkzSjs9eAw

Let us begin in prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father...May you bless all those who are here today, to hear you loving words. Please bless all those who cannot get out or who are sick in the hospital or at home. Bless also all those who are lonely at this time and those who need a friend or just someine to talk to. I pray that you will give these people strength and show compassion in making life easier for them. Everyone out there Lord is suffering in silence in one way or another. I pray that you will console them for you are The Lord God Almighty, whom all things are possible. Humbly, I ask these things in Jesus name. Amen.

Todays Lesson:

Another Lonely Day

Christmas has passed by once more
Thinking about the elderly,
who are shut in and all alone.
Whose loved ones, family and friends
have all passed away.
as the sit all alone day after day
with no one that seems to care.
Thinking og things that once was
and filled their hearts with joy.
Now they have become distant and faded memories
of family, friends and loved ones.
How they long for some one to reach out to them!
As we grow older, we watch family, friends and loved ones pass away.
Giving one loneliness deep within the heart.
As they stare out that window, day after day
with only a bleak and lonely future ahead.
Hoping and praying that some one might come
Just to say Hello!
or just to tlk abit.
Just so that they relive the memories of the way things used to be
of loved ones, family and friends who have all passed away.
Can you not stop just to say hello
or sit and talk for abit?
Or is your life to hectic that you only
have time for yourself?

By John C Kerkdyk

We all live a very busy life at times. As Christians, it is up to us to make time for Our Heavenly Father in Heaven. We should feel the same way for our elderly who sit day after day in senior homes and nursing homes. At Christmas time, there seems to be more activity from the general public at these homes than any other time of the year. Even if a person took a couple hours every couple of months to visit one of these homes, it would make a big difference in someones life there. Just imagine sitting there day after day and staring out the window, thinking of days gone by and no one to share them with. It is a sad situation indeed. So come on, not only will you be brightening some elderly persons day but you will experience joy from deep within yourself. One little act of kindness can change a persons outlook on life completely.

A Hymn:
Abide With Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5nbq_VE ... 7&index=29
1044115_434774936651168_1916826600_ngggggggg.jpg
1044115_434774936651168_1916826600_ngggggggg.jpg (35.44 KiB) Viewed 6259 times
A Poem By B.J. Morbitzer
~Sometimes People Come Into Your Life~

Sometimes people come into your life and you know
Right away that they were meant to be there, to serve
Some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson, or to help
You figure out who you are or who you want to become.

You never know who these people may be – a roommate, a
Neighbor, a professor, a friend, a lover, or even a
Complete stranger – but when you lock eyes with them,
You know at that very moment they will affect your
Life in some profound way.

Sometimes things happen to you that may seem horrible,
Painful, and unfair at first, but in reflection you
Find that without overcoming those obstacles you would
Have never realized your potential, strength,
Willpower, or heart.

Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness,
And sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of
Your soul. Without these small tests, whatever they
May be, life would be like a smoothly paved straight
Flat road to nowhere. It would be safe and
Comfortable, but dull and utterly pointless.

The people you meet who affect your life, and the
Success and downfalls you experience, help to create
Who you are and who you become. Even the bad
Experiences can be learned from. In fact, they are
Sometimes the most important ones.

If someone loves you, give love back to them in
Whatever way you can, not only because they love you,
But because in a way, they are teaching you to love
And how to open your heart and eyes to things.

If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your
Heart, forgive them, for they have helped you learn
About trust and the importance of being cautious to
Whom you open your heart.

Make every day count. Appreciate every moment and take
From those moments everything that you possibly can
For you may never be able to experience it again. Talk
To people that you have never talked to before, and
Listen to what they have to say.

Let yourself fall in love, break free, and set your
Sights high. Hold your head up because you have every
Right to. Tell yourself you are a great individual and
Believe in yourself, for if you don’t believe in
Yourself, it will be hard for others to believe in
You.

You can make anything you wish of your life. Create
Your own life and then go out and live it with
Absolutely no regrets.

And if you love someone tell them, for you never know
What tomorrow may have in store.

Learn a lesson in life each day that you live! Today
Is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday. Was
It worth it?

Author B.J.Morbitzer

A Video; Jesus Is My Lord by Linda Laybolt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkn51Hwu ... 5Q&index=7

Closing Prayer By Eva Dimel:

GOD'S RESULTS

I said a prayer for you today,
For God’s results in every way.
For only He knows what you need ,
In Him I trust and truly believe.
I asked Him to always be there for you,
And help you with whatever your going through.
The sickness the trials and all your fears,
I prayed for God’s results because He truly cares.
With just one touch of His healing hands,
God can restore your life for you again.
I prayed for plenty of mercy and lots of grace,
For all the things that you have to face.
And as He showers you with all of His love,
I pray your blessed with
God’s results from heaven above.

Written By Eva Dimel
Inspired By
God
July 14th 2013

Have a Blessed Week Everyone and Thank you all who all participated in todays service.
1598150-bigthumbnail.jpg
1598150-bigthumbnail.jpg (79.68 KiB) Viewed 6259 times
Mark 12:13
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:29 am

Linda,
Thank you for Blessing my morning! I was so Blessed to be able to speak at a retirement home on Thursday and when I was leaving a little lady name Mary hugged me and kissed me. That meant more to me than anything . Then to read your Wonderful message about the elderly just made my day better!

God Bless You Love Eva

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:42 pm

Very well done Linda. I am sure that many, like myself, will be blessed by the poems and videos you have put into this devotional for today. God bless.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:49 am

Linda, I have enjoyed this very much and pray God will continue to bless this ministry. I really appreciated your thoughts about the elderly. Nursing Home ministry has been a passion with me since I was a very young woman and I hope your message will enlighten a lot of hearts to reach out to these precious people.
Love and blessings, Shirley B

linda56
Gold Member

Post by linda56 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:05 am

1201909-bigthumbnail.jpg
1201909-bigthumbnail.jpg (138.24 KiB) Viewed 6228 times
Good Morning Everyone And WELCOME to the Nethugs Sunday Service which was originally started by Brother Doug Holt.
Today we are going to talk about many things but mostly about the Return of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Let us begin our service in prayer:
Heavenly Father, please be our guide today in all we read and learn. Anxiously we await for your return which was promised by you many years ago. On this Sunday, we offer prayers for those who are shut in and who are ill and suffering in any way. We pray that you will give your strength and compassion to all those in need at this time. Please bless the little children around the world, where ever they may be as they are our future and they need to be taken care of. Humbly we pray for these things in the name of your Son Jesus. Amen

First Hymn:
http://youtu.be/pe5t1EnkJZA
558852_457689854344750_762362631_n.jpg
558852_457689854344750_762362631_n.jpg (38.02 KiB) Viewed 6233 times
Today I would like to talk about all the changes taking place around the earth. These are definitely the latter days. Christians around the world see the signs everyday. Unexplained music coming from the sky all over the world that sounds like a trumpet and also angelic voices have been heard. Just look at the weather changes everywhere. Not even to mention all the changes in the Middle East and also in US alone. The day is close to the second coming and we should be preparing for that glorious day. Instead of sending more space ships up in the sky, the leaders of the Nations should be preparing to try and make things right with Our Lord and trying to make amends for all the wrong that they have done in the past. But as usual, they will leave eveything to the last minute and it will be too late for many. But for those who have followed the Word Of God and who have taken Jesus in their heart as their Savior and Lord, they will have no worries as to what will take place in the Second Coming. Mankind was cruel to Jesus but this will never happen again. Jesus will rule the Earth with His Army of Angels. There will be no place to run and hide for the wicked and non-believers. Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.

A Poem By Shirley Baucom:

Praise to My Wonderful God

What a sweet blessed time when I bow in prayer
And worship and praise You, my Wonderful God.
Giving You my troubles, my doubts, my care,
Finding rest from the weary path I have trod.

My Awesome God, You’re a Mighty God!
An eternal, three Persons in One!
May this heart of mine give You honor and glory;
God, the Father! God the Spirit! And God the Son!

Thank You, Father God, for Your wonderful love,
That sent down Your Son, to a world full of sin;
To woo us, to save us, to make us whole;
To cleanse and perfect us, without and within.

Dear Jesus, Lord, my Savior, my Friend;
How blessed I am by Your mercy and grace.
I should have hung on Calvary’s cross,
Instead, it was YOU there… taking my place.

The pain and suffering…. the blood that You shed;
What a ransom You paid for my soul that was lost!
I’m Redeemed! I am Saved! Lord, I’m safe in the fold!
For You purchased my freedom, disregarding the cost.

Thank you sweet Holy Spirit of God…
My Counselor, Comforter, my constant Guide.
For helping me discern God’s will for my life;
For inspiration and guidance You always provide.

You continually monitor my heart and soul;
Aware of my joys, my needs, my cares;
And make them known before God’s throne
When I am unable to offer my prayers.

I praise and thank You, my Triune God,
For the peace and joy that floods my soul;
For the showers of blessings that daily are mine;
Lifting me up… making me strong and whole.

Praises to You, my heavenly Father,
And to Jesus, my Savior, King of my heart!
Thanksgiving to You, Sweet Holy Spirit of God,
You are all in my heart and will never depart!
Shirley Adcock Baucom ©2013

A Video BY Steve Politte:

http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/jesusourforeverfriend.htm by Steve A. Politte

In Closing, here is one of Brother Dougs Prayers. May you all have a Blessed Week and Walk with the Lord each and everyday in your heart!

We all need our own quiet time with the Lord.

Early morn, Noon or at night, Reading His Word .

Reflecting on all past thoughts and events gone by.

Trying to understand, the reasons why.

All what happens has a reason, see,

Unknown to you and also to me .

All will be revealed at the right time.

I know Faith, Hope, and Love is Mine.

He has promised us Eternal Love.

All Believers will be with Him In Heaven Above ,

By following, His path and reading His Word

Revived, Daily, Having, Quiet Time, With OUR LORD.

Amen.
Doug

Thoughts Are Living Things With Wings.

You Are Never Alone. When You Think Of Others

And They Think Of You.

No Matter Where You Are

GOD Is With YOU All The Time.

Doug Holt

Mark 12:13
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:34 pm

Linda,
Thank you for this Wonderful message today. I really enjoyed it so much I know Doug would be so happy to see what you are doing for Gods Glory!

God Bless You Love Eva