Bible Readings

Post your prayers and prayer requests here.
Hope
Diamond Member

Re: Bible Readings

Post by Hope » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Doug,
It is so good to hear from you!! I am Praying everyday for Gods Special touch on your life, and He is working! I really miss you when you are not here but with Gods help I know you will be back and ready to serve Him again!

God Bless You Love Eva

Doug Holt
Diamond Member

Post by Doug Holt » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:57 am

Thoughts Are Living Things With Wings.

You Are Never Alone. When You Think Of Others

And They Think Of You.

No Matter Where You Are

GOD Is With YOU All The Time.

Doug Holt

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:16 am

Doug,
Thank you for starting my day off with a Blessing!

God Bless You Love Eva
You are in my Prayers Always!

christine
Registered Member

Post by christine » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:41 pm

it is wonderful to see you posting on nethugs again well done and God bless you

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:07 pm

WELCOME TO
WITH JOY IN THE MORNING MINISTRIES

FOCUS: THE FLOOD- PART 3

WELCOME

From Christine: Dear friends, it is good to share with you again as we come to the last part of Noah’s story. We are sorry we have not been able to post a service earlier this week. Rachel has a lot of Open University work, and we have had a lot of phone calls with Rebecca. We hope you will find this service a blessing to you.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Great is the darkness (Come Lord Jesus)’ sung by Noel Richards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vo74LSKIJY

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

Then Noah built an altar to the Lord and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it. The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.”

Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

“But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

“Whoever sheds human blood, by humans shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind. As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it.”

Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him: “I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you and with every living creature that was with you—the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you—every living creature on earth. I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.”

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

So God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.”

The sons of Noah who came out of the ark were Shem, Ham and Japheth. (Ham was the father of Canaan.) These were the three sons of Noah, and from them came the people who were scattered over the whole earth. Genesis 8:20-9:19 (NIV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Standing on the Promises of God’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lofNq0U2xk0

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

We are looking today at Genesis 8:20-9:19. The first thing Noah did when he came out of the ark was to build an altar and offer God a sacrifice. Like Abel, he gave God an acceptable offering, an animal sacrifice, which was given out of a thankful heart. We do not need to offer animal sacrifices today as Jesus gave Himself as the one and only fully acceptable sacrifice; however, we too need to be grateful to God for all His goodness to us.

God made a promise to Noah that He would never again flood the earth. He gave the rainbow as a sign that every time people saw it, they would remember God’s covenant with them. God has given us so many wonderful things to enjoy and I think that rainbows are especially beautiful. God could have given us a simply functional sign but God always gives us so much more than we could imagine. Just think how beautiful heaven must be.

In chapter 9, God tells Noah that he has authority over all the animals, and to be fruitful and multiply. This is a repeat of the message to Adam, only this time man is allowed to eat animals as well as plants. He reminds Noah that he is made in God’s image and is accountable to Him. God emphasizes the value of human life.

As God sent an ark to rescue the people in Noah’s day, God has a better rescue plan through the death of the Lord Jesus Christ, our Saviour and friend.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden," Jesus is saying to you that are troubled and sin burdened. That means that you can come. That means that He is eager for you to come. And however far you have gone from God and however stiff may be the tempest that blows about you, if you get this promise under your feet all the storms that hell can let loose against a human soul will leave you unshaken. But you must keep a firm stand on the promise. Clovis G. Chappell

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel & Christine:

The Covenant In The Sky

High up in the sky, a rainbow stretches far and wide
Beautiful arrays of colors, side by side!
Nestled in the clouds, shaped like a bow
Appearing only after a rain, the exquisite rainbow!
The rainbow has been around, for a very long time
Placed in the sky by God Himself, it is certainly divine!
After the great flood, where it rained for forty days and nights
Noah was told to come out of the ark, the time was right!
God blessed Noah and his family, for obeying His commands
Giving Noah and his family, complete reign of the lands!
Noah had saved two of every living animal, on earth
God had given to mankind, a second chance, a new rebirth!
So after God had blessed Noah, He made a covenant forevermore
Placing a rainbow in the clouds, to remind Him of life before!
God said, when it appears and I look down and see it
I will remember my covenant which I have made, and not forget!
Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy, all life here
The rainbow is the sign of my everlasting covenant, and will not disappear!
A covenant established by God to all life on earth, of every kind
Sealed in the clouds, the beautiful rainbow is the bind!
Next time you gaze in wonder at a rainbow, stretched across the sky
God could be looking at it too, remembering His covenant from way up high!

By Linda

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Give Thanks’ sung by Don Moen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAo2iZ9vWHg

PRAYER REQUESTS & ANSWERED PRAYER:

From Christine:

We had the good news this week that Rebecca will be moving to the care home in Sheffield, UK on 21st February, God willing. Please pray for her as she finds any kind of change very hard.

Doug is now out of hospital, but still unwell. Please pray especially for God to restore his sight.

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

We thank You Lord for the beauty of the rainbow and all your creation. We thank You for your mercy to us in sending Jesus to die for us, that we can be right with You. Thank You Lord for answering our prayers that Rebecca will be moving soon. We pray that You will help her to cope with the changes and the long journey to get there. We pray that the staff will understand her and look after her well.

We pray for Doug that You will help him as he adjusts to life at home. We pray that You will restore his sight again.

We pray for all those who are suffering and for those who are grieving that You will be with them. We thank You that You hear and answer our prayers.

In Your Name we pray,
Amen

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: Thank you for joining us for the final part of Noah’s story. Please come back to see what we will look at next!

Karen, Doug, Rachel, Christine, Rebecca, Gillian, and Eva

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘Child of the Promise’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpRHYZUn7_Q

EDITED BY:

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:23 am

Wonderful message with Gods Awesome promise! The rainbow is so beautiful and every time I see one it reminds me of Gods promise. I am praying for Doug and Rebecca I know God will take good care of them.
Thank you for Blessing my day again.
God Bless You All
Love Eva

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS: CREATION CONCLUSION

WELCOME

From Christine: Thank you for joining with us again. We thought it would be good to conclude our series on the beginnings of the world by looking at the first half of Hebrews 11, before we go to the New Testament in the time leading up to Easter.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘In Christ Alone’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENtL_li4GbE

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Christine:

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for.

By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

By faith Abel brought God a better offering than Cain did. By faith he was commended as righteous, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead.

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.

Since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 11:1-4, 6-7, 40 (NIV)

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Above All’ sung by Michael W Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LToxyUVhPhQ

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

We have been looking at the creation, the story of Cain and Abel and Noah. I thought it would be good to remind ourselves that all these stories are true. They are all referred to in the New Testament as well as the old. Hebrews 11 brings together a number of the Old Testament stories.

In 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Paul reminds us that the entire Bible is true and useful. It is easy to think that the New Testament is far more important but without the Old Testament we would not be able to understand why Jesus Christ had to die.

We see in all three stories how bad mankind is and how much we all need to be saved. In the creation, we see how badly we have fallen short of God’s glory and how sin came into the world through the sin of Adam and Eve. Even then, we see how Christ will tread on the serpent’s head, although he will bruise Jesus heel. This refers to the crucifixion.

With Cain and Abel we see how one sin leads to another and the first murder is committed. It also shows us the principle of sacrifice which needs to be on God’s terms and not ours.

By the time of Noah, the world had become so evil that God had to start again, with Noah’s family. Noah was grateful for what God had done and made an altar to him. We need to be aware of and grateful for God’s goodness to us. We must ask God for forgiveness for our sin through Jesus’ sacrifice for us.

We see in Hebrews what Abel and Noah and other great people in the Bible have in common. They were all commended for their faith. Faith does not mean believing something which is not true, but believing because God has told us. The Bible is reliable and God does not lie to us.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:17-22 (NIV)

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

It's All About Jesus.!!

It's all about Jesus who came from on high
Sent by His Father for sinners to die.
Obedient He came, by blest Spirit led
To save sinful men who, though living were dead.
Dead in their sin because Adam died
We can be saved by the Christ crucified.

It's all about Jesus the old gospel story
He tells us so clearly the way into Glory.
Believe that He died to pardon your sin
Accept Him as Saviour, He will welcome you in.
That's all we can do, the rest has been done
The ransom was paid, by God's Holy Son.

It's all about Jesus, nothing of me
I'm just a sinner whom Jesus set free.
Free now to serve Him, I gladly obey
Looking to Him for guidance each day.
Trusting in Him for promises given
Knowing for sure that my home is in heaven.

Marigold, July 2011

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Only By Grace Can We Enter’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xf3ODX2dfU

From Christine:

Please continue to pray for Rebecca as she hopes to move to a new care home on the 21st of February.

Please pray again for Doug, especially that his sight will be restored.

LET US PRAY:

From Doug:

Many prayers have been answered,
Because they have first been prayed.
You must ask and believe, they will be heard,
So many hold back it seems they are afraid.

But our loving Savior knows our every need,
He loves to hear from each of us when we call,
With love, strength, encouragement and hope.
He is always with us to catch us when we fall.

Praise him, worship him, good days as well as bad,
Give thanks, for all things that we are so grateful for.
Pray for others, to be blessed, strengthened and healed,
He has promised us eternal life, if we open the door.

Many prayers have been answered,
Because they have first been prayed.
The Lord will give us answers,
In his time, listen, do not be afraid.

Doug Holt, 7th November 2009

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: Thank you for following these incredible stories with us over this last month and a half. It has been a great way to start the new year 2013. We pray that you will continue with us as we prepare for Easter.

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Point Me to The Cross’ by Eva

http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/pointmetothecross.htm

EDITED BY:

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:30 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS: JESUS’ BAPTISM

Image by Dave Zelenka, 2005

WELCOME

From Christine: Dear friends, welcome to our new series! We have decided to study some sections in Matthew in the lead up to Easter.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘There is Nothing’ by Laura Story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR2R3g_TjBI

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Christine:

In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: “A voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.’”

John’s clothes were made of camel’s hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey. People went out to him from Jerusalem and all Judea and the whole region of the Jordan. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.

But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” Matthew 3:1-17 (NIV)

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:16-20 (NIV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘You laid aside Your Majesty’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVLsRopJZgk

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

The birth, life, ministry, death and resurrection of Jesus are so important that God sent angels and prophets to prepare for his arrival. John the Baptist was foretold in Isaiah as one who was sent to prepare the way for the Lord. He came preaching that people must ask forgiveness for their sins and seek to follow God’s commands.

He baptised them as a sign of their repentance. Water cannot wash away our sins but it is a symbol of being made clean. The baptism through Jesus is different in that it symbolizes dying with Christ as we go under the water and rising again with him as we come out of the water.

When Jesus came to John asking to be baptised, John was reluctant as he was less important that Him, but on Jesus’ insistence, John baptised Him. God was very pleased with Jesus and the Spirit of God came down on Him like a dove. God said “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” We see Jesus acting according to His Father’s will. This marks the beginning of Jesus’ ministry.

In Matthew 28:16–20, Jesus commands the apostles to make disciples of all nations and baptise them in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, and to teach them to obey everything He has commanded.

Jesus did not need to repent of His sins as He was without sin, but He was baptised as an example to us. His whole life was an example to us, but we cannot be sinless as He was. The main reason Jesus came was as a sacrifice so that we could be forgiven and made right with God.

We need to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and repent of our wrong doing and wrong thinking and we will be saved. Being baptised does not make us right with God, but it is a command we should follow, as a witness to what God has done in our lives.

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

Baptism is an outward expression of an inward faith. Watchman Nee

A man who knows that he is saved by believing in Christ does not, when he is baptized, lift his baptism into a saving ordinance. In fact, he is the very best protester against that mistake, because he holds that he has no right to be baptized until he is saved. Charles Spurgeon, Baptismal Regeneration, sermon 10.326

We ought to regard the sacrament of baptism with reverence. An ordinance of which the Lord Jesus Himself partook, is not to be lightly esteemed. An ordinance to which the great Head of the Church submitted, ought to be ever honorable in the eyes of professing Christians. J.C. Ryle, Commentary: Matthew 3

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

An extract from ‘I Believe’

I believe that John the Baptist
Was more than just surprised
The day that Jesus came to him
And asked to be baptised
I believe John told the people
He is the Christ not I
He is the one I told you of
Whose shoes I can’t untie

I believe when those same people
Heard the voice and saw the dove
They believed he was the Son
Approved by God above

I believe that at the whipping post
The stripes released the blood
That is the healing for the nations
A streaming crimson flood

I believe that as they drove the nails
Into His precious hands and feet
Jesus knew in His own heart
God’s plan was now complete
I believe the Roman soldier
Whose hand did thrust the spear
Did not see the host of angels
Who I believe were hovering near

“Father, why am I forsaken”?
Jesus cried with fading breath
I believe it caused some to believe
Who watched Him in His death
I believe that of the other two
Who died that day with Him
One received his pardon there
The other died condemned
Someone weaved a crown of thorns
They forced it on His head
Then placed Him in a borrowed grave
When they believed that He was dead

They tried to hide His resurrection
They said the truth must not survive
When Thomas saw and touched Him
Even he believed He was alive
I believed the story when I read it
He has touched my heart and soul
I believe one day I’ll see Him
So I yield to Him control
You can believe it if you want to
Or if you want you may deny
Whichever way you chose my friend
We’ll find out when we die

An extract from a Poem By Charles Betts

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: A popular hymn for baptisms. ‘Just as I Am’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUK6P_QmGjM

From Christine:

Please continue to pray that Doug’s sight will be restored. He saw the optometrist this week and is waiting to hear from the specialist.

Please continue to pray for Rebecca as she prepares to move to a new care home in Sheffield next Thursday.

LET US PRAY:

From Doug:

As we pray to You today Lord Jesus,
We thank You for the Holy Spirit,
Our great Comforter,
With the light to shine our way.
Lord, please give us the strength to cope,
Our struggles, to endure,
With your unconditional love,
As promised, it will last for evermore.
Amen

Love, as always, in the Lord’s Holy Name,

Doug Holt, October 2012

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: Thank you for starting this new series with us as we look forward to Easter. We pray that you will be blessed by it.

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: This is the hymn we sang at my baptism. ‘O Jesus I Have Promised’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svgHDdzP5xY

EDITED BY:

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 pm

I really enjoyed this Wonderful message today! God Bless You and All you do for God's Glory!
God Bless You All
Love Eva

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:44 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS: JESUS IS TEMPTED

WELCOME

From Christine: Welcome once again to our service. I am sorry we have not had time to do a service since last Sunday. We have had a busy week. Rachel is approaching a deadline for her university course again. We are looking today at the Temptations of Jesus.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘He Walked Where I Walked’ sung by Don Moen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCbIyAAitYo

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Christine:

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.” Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written: “‘He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’” Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’”

Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him. Matthew 4:1-11 (NIV)

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Hebrews 4:15 (NIV)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” Matthew 4:17 (NIV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Because He lives I can face tomorrow’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M-zwE33zHA

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

This is an important passage. After a high point for Jesus, when He is baptised and God demonstrates how pleased with Him He is, Jesus moves to this difficult time. This can often happen to us, too. After we have been baptised or been through a really good time spiritually we can go through a period of difficulty and temptation.

We should note that it is not a sin to be tempted, but it is a sin to listen and follow the sin. Friends of mine who are very sensitive have worried about this, but even Jesus was tempted and He was without sin.

Jesus is an example to us as each time He is tempted He answers the temptation with “it is written” in the Bible. It is very important to learn Bible passages and understand them. This is our best protection against temptation.

The first temptation was to turn stones into bread, but Jesus knew that the ‘food’ of God’s Word takes priority over physical food.

The second temptation was to throw Himself off a high tower. You’ll notice in this temptation that the devil quotes scripture to Jesus. The devil too, knows the scripture, but quotes it out of context. This is especially dangerous as it is easier to spot a complete lie, but when there is some truth in what you hear it can be very confusing.

The reason that giving into both of these temptations would be wrong was that Jesus knew that His ministry was to preach the Good News to the people and not to get the peoples’ attention by dramatic demonstrations of His power.

In the next temptation, the devil lies to Jesus and offers Him the world if He will serve him. Jesus again responds by quoting scripture to him. “Worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.” The world belongs to God and not the devil but the devil is still powerful. I think the temptation for Jesus was to deny God’s plan and to follow the easy way of doing what He wanted and not what God wanted. We must remember that the devil is a liar.

After the three temptations, the devil left Him and angels attended Him.

The devil is real, but his power is limited. We can easily fall into the error of thinking he does not exist at all or look for devils everywhere. God is all-powerful, but the devil is not.

After this time, in verse 17, we see that Jesus’ ministry begins- as He began to preach “Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand.” This is part of the reason Jesus came, but the main reason was to give Himself as a sacrifice for us.

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

Too often we think of being tempted as being enticed to do big things like stealing, murdering or committing adultery. But most often we're tempted to be impatient, stingy, jealous, greedy or any number of other things that we consider lesser sins. Joyce Meyer

When Christians find themselves exposed to temptation they should pray to God to uphold them, and when they are tempted they should not be discouraged. It is not a sin to be tempted; the sin is to fall into temptation. D.L. Moody

Is all anger sin? No, but some of it is. Even God Himself has righteous anger against sin, injustice, rebellion and pettiness. Anger sometimes serves a useful purpose, so it isn't necessarily always a sin. Obviously, we're going to have adverse feelings, or God wouldn't have needed to provide the fruit of self-control. Just being tempted to do something is not sin. It's when you don't resist the temptation, but do it anyway, that it becomes sin. Joyce Meyer

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

Prayer is so powerful if you believe,
Give all to our dear Lord Jesus,
Answers, you will receive.

In the Holy Bible, answers you will find,
Feed on the daily Heavenly Bread,
Our Lord is so good and kind.

Praise Him with hymns that inspire,
They are another form of Prayer,
Your voices raised let the Lord know you care.

If you need help and comfort talk to Our Lord,
His line is never engaged or busy,
He knows you and will hear every word.

Reach out and touch somebody today.
‘Love thy Neighbor’, I Pass on God’s Word.

Doug Holt, November 2010

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Only By Grace’ sung by Don Moen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3PTnwO9NZE

From Christine:

Thank the Lord that Rebecca had a really good journey on Thursday from Kent to her new care home in Sheffield.

Please pray that she will soon settle in as she is finding it difficult at the moment.

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

Dear Lord, we thank You that You have revealed Yourself to us. Help us to know You better as we read Your Word and spend time in prayer. Show us the truth when we misunderstand. We thank You for the support and love of our Christian brothers and sisters all over the world. We thank You for Nethugs and for the help we can be to one another and the love that we can share. Amen

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: We hope you have found today’s service to be helpful to you. Please feel free to give us your comments or ask us questions! We plan to continue our services on Jesus’ ministry up until Easter.

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: ‘How Deep The Father’s Love For Us’ sung by Stuart Townend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV2zMZ-nZ7k

EDITED BY:

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:44 am

Hello, Christine, Rachel, and everyone who contributed so much to this wonderful blessing today. This is one of the BEST I have ever read on the temptation of Christ. God filled your spirits with His Word and you fulfilled your goal with this wonderful lesson and reminder of how we should conduct ourselves in similar situations. Every point was so wonderfully explained and easy to understand.

I enjoyed it very much. I am also very glad that your move and Rebecca's are now behind you and I hope that everyone will settle in very quickly. I will be asking prayer for that accord.

God bless our dear Doug. We shall be praying for him as well. I am sorry that my computer problems left you all in a bind, but I am hoping that the new computer will be blessing and it has been dedicated to the work of the Lord, in the hopes that I will use it the way it was meant to be.

Thank you again for the wonderful service today. May God continue to bless the ministry and Doug and all of your family.

In Him,
Karen
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

christine
Registered Member

Post by christine » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Thank you Karen for your kind words. we hope you will be able to join us again soon. Rebeccas home looks good but she is finding it hard at the moment as she finds change hard. Rachel has just gone down with a bad cold.

christine
Registered Member

Post by christine » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Dear friends, we are sorry we have not been able to post since last sunday. we have been to visit rebecca for two days. the new home seems quite good but rebecca is finding the changes hard. she is gettingover a bad cold as is rachel. rachel has a deadline for university on WednesdaY night but we will put another service on as soon as we can.

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Christine,
I have been Praying for Rebecca everyday. We are so Blessed by all this Ministry does and I understand things happen and we can't be everywhere. Please take care of your family and I will be Praying for all of you!
God Bless You All Love Eva

christine
Registered Member

Post by christine » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Thank you Eva, we really appreciate your support and prayers. please continue nto pray for doug. he has an appoin tment for his eyes tomorrow.