Bible Readings

Post your prayers and prayer requests here.
KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Re: Bible Readings

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:28 am

WELCOME TO
WITH JOY IN THE MORNING MINISTRIES

FOCUS: BEGINNINGS- THE CREATION, DAYS 1-4

WELCOME

From Christine: We would like to start by welcoming you back after our Christmas break. We hope you enjoyed our Christmas series and our Christmas day special carols play list. We hope you had a good Christmas, as Rachel and I did.

We would like to wish you a happy New Year. We thought it would be appropriate to start the New Year thinking about the beginning of everything- The Creation.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: For the Beauty of the Earth by John Rutter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaMkj4_H8WM

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day. Genesis 1:1-19 (NIV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘One God’ Phil Wickham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt2pj7_mAKA

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

In today’s passage we see that God only has to speak and things happen. Our God is all-powerful and almighty. Everything we have comes from the triune God. Everything that God has made is good.

On the first day, he made the light. Everything needs light to survive. God himself is the light of heaven and he has given us the light for the earth. Light is equated in the bible with good and it is the first gift that God gave us.

On the second day God separated the water and made the sky; and on the third day he gathered the water together and made dry ground. This was all in preparation for everything that was to come. When I watch the sea I always think of God’s power. In the New Testament we see God’s power over the sea as Jesus walks on the water and when he says “Quiet, be still” and the waves and winds are still. (Mark 4:35-41)

On the third day, he also made all the trees and the plants with their seeds so that they could continue. What a different world it would be without the beauty of the trees and plants which are of course necessary for our survival. God does not only make things for our survival but for our enjoyment.

On the fourth day, God made the sun, the moon and the stars. He placed them all in exactly the right position. If the sun was any closer we would all be burned up and if it were any further away we would all freeze. Again, we see a God who knows what he is doing. God not only makes things so that life is possible, he also gives us beauty to enjoy.

When I read about God creating the moon and stars I think of Psalm 8:

Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory in the heavens. Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet: all flocks and herds, and the animals of the wild, the birds in the sky, and the fish in the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

God not only made this beautiful world to enjoy, but he sent his son to die for us, as we have all “sinned and fallen short of his glory” how good is our God!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

"It is absolutely illogical to believe that nothing produces something, or that profoundly intricate designs have come into existence by self-generation. The more simple and natural conclusion is that there is an immeasurably great Creator and Benefactor back of all the remarkable existences which we observe and experience."

Gordon Olson

POETRY:

Chosen by Christine and Rachel:

An extract from: He Is God

He is the First and Last,
The Beginning and the End!

He is the keeper of Creation and the Creator of all!
He is the Architect of the universe and the Manager of all times.
He always was, He always is, and He always will be ...
Unmoved, Unchanged, Undefeated, and never Undone!

He was bruised and brought healing!
He was pierced and eased pain!
He was persecuted and brought freedom!
He was dead and brought life!
He is risen and brings power!
He reigns and brings Peace!
The world can't understand him,
The armies can't defeat Him,
The schools can't explain Him, and The leaders can't ignore Him.
Herod couldn't kill Him, The Pharisees couldn't confuse Him, and The people couldn't hold Him!
Nero couldn't crush Him, Hitler couldn't silence Him,
The New Age can't replace Him, and can't explain Him away!

He is light, love, longevity, and Lord.
He is goodness, Kindness, Gentleness, and God.
He is Holy, Righteous, mighty, powerful, and pure.

His ways are right,
His word is eternal,
His will is unchanging, and His mind is on me.
He is my Savior,
He is my guide, and He is my peace!
He is my Joy,
He is my comfort,
He is my Lord, and He rules my life!

By B.J.Morbitzer

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘How good is the God we adore’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbLNVAIqumI

PRAYER REQUESTS & ANSWERED PRAYER:

From Christine:

Please pray for our dear brother Doug who has had a foot operation. The operation went well but he is having problems with his kidneys and is not at all well. He also continues to have problems with his sight.

Thank God that Raymond’s operation went well and that they have removed the cancerous growth. Please pray that it will not return. He will need frequent check-ups.

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

We thank you Lord for a new year and new opportunities. We praise you for all that you have done in the past and trust you for the future.

We pray for the many who are struggling at the moment; for those who are confused and lonely; for the bereaved and those who have problems with debt. Also we pray for those who are living with fear especially for those in war situations.

We pray Lord for those of our own families and friends who are going through a difficult time.

We thank you Lord that you made us and care for us. You made this beautiful world for us. Forgive us that we do not look after it as we should. Help us to be more loving, understanding and kind to one another.

Amen

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: Thank you for joining with us again at the beginning of this New Year 2013! We pray that you will have a very blessed year. We hope that you have enjoyed today’s service and that you will be pleased to come back to explore the next part of the creation story with us.

Karen, Doug, Rachel, Christine, Rebecca, Gillian, and Eva

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: ‘God Is Great’ by Graham Kendrick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zhTvepg938

EDITED BY:

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:08 am

Thank You for the Wonderful message today I was truly Blessed! I am Praying for Doug everyday!

God Bless This Ministry
Love Eva

christine
Registered Member

Post by christine » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:57 pm

thank you very much Eva

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:17 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS: BEGINNINGS- THE CREATION, DAYS 5-7

WELCOME

From Karen: GOD'S GREETINGS AND A JOYFUL WELCOME BACK TO OUR DEAR FRIENDS. WE HAVE BEGUN A NEW YEAR AND WHERE BETTER TO START THAN AT THE BEGINNING?

It is so hard for me to imagine how God did so much and made it so perfectly and He even made us. TODAY WE ARE GOING TO TALK ABOUT GOD'S CREATION OF ANIMALS AND MAN!

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: All Things Bright and Beautiful by John Rutter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlhV80QPUuI

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done. Genesis 1:20-2:3

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: Look at the World by John Rutter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLxM0s6XOJo

MESSAGE FROM KAREN:

The account of the creation is an amazing story. As a matter of fact, it is so amazing that people today are still ready to believe almost any other version of the creation than God’s truth. Why is it that we ALWAYS have to complicate things where God is concerned? The things of God are always made so simple that almost anyone can understand.

To me, of all the things God created to be a part of our lives, it was the animals that were the most fascinating…. And they play such an important role in the balance of so much in nature. Beginning in Chapter 1 of Genesis, verse 20, God spoke and commanded that the waters should bring forth abundant life in it; and He created the fowl of the air and everything that could fly above the earth. In the waters he put great whales and in the heavens he put all types of winged fowl. He blessed the creatures and told them to be fruitful and multiply and once again, He saw that it was good. AND……..THIS COMPLETED THE FIFTH DAY.

On the Sixth Day, God created all the animals that would walk, crawl or creep around the earth and He told them to multiply, each after his own kind. So, He made the cattle, and every living thing that crept upon the earth.

Now, perhaps the most significant of all God’s creations is explained beginning in verses 26 - 31. He made man to be the superior being over all the animals and all the trees, fruit, and every herb bearing seed which was upon the face of the earth. Each of these herbs, fruits and animals, he gave the man for food. He also gave to every beast of the earth and every fowl of the air the right to partake of these same growing things in order to feed them. God put man in control of caring for the things that grew upon the earth and the animals as well.

The sixth day God had accomplished much. When He stood back and saw that He had made everything that day very good, He was pleased!

Chapter 2 of Genesis says that the Heavens and the earth were now finished and all the hosts of them. Verse 2 says that God rested and sanctified the seventh day, because on it He had rested from all his work.

God created our world so that he could have fellowship with man. God provided all things for man's comfort and enjoyment. But in the next lesson we will find out just how badly man messed up what God had worked so hard to give him. See how easily we are tempted and how just trying to keep ONE RULE was too hard for us. It would result in the sacrifice of His own precious Son. Take time to read the biblical account of the creation in the first few chapters of Genesis. It will help you understand why things are in such a bad state these days.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

“I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of; for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest and most precious thing in all thinking.” George MacDonald

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

The Beauty of Creation

All living things slowly awakes, a new day has begun
The water looks like it is dancing, as it sparkles from the sun
The little birds sing high up in the trees, for all to hear
Flowers gently open their stems, to show off the beauty they bare!

The morning dew and mist that filled the air, lingers on for awhile
A feeling of anew fills my soul, which brings to me, a smile
As a new day, a new morning, descends upon the earth
Just like many years ago, in the first days of its birth!

The trees slightly sway from the soft breeze, that brushes against my face
Two swans swim by, full of tranquillity and grace
There is so much beauty everywhere, to be found
As I patiently take the time, to look around!

When God created the earth, he did so with so much care
Everything came from a heart of love, most willing to share
For all we see and feel, before our very own eyes
Was created for us by Him, the perfect Paradise!

It does not matter where you go, there's beauty everywhere to see
They say Paradise was lost, how can this possibly be?
People nowadays still search for this so-called lost Holy Place
But I often wonder, is it not standing right before our face?

Could it possibly be, that Paradise has been here with us all along?
And that somehow, mankind got confused, and got it all wrong?
Awesome and Wondrous are the works of My God, Creator of all things
What you have given us, so much happiness and love, to the soul it brings!

It does not matter what it is, there is beauty in everything to behold
The love in your heart, over and over is told
With so much splendor and glamor, made out of love
I cannot even think to imagine, what it is like in your Great Kingdom, in Heaven Above!

By Linda Laybolt

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘All Things Bright and Beautiful’ by Inspirational Kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehit7HK5HuE

LET US PRAY:

Chosen by Doug:

"Thank You God for the beautiful wildlife."
"Thank You Lord for Robins that
sing so sweetly in the tree.
Seen on cards at Christmas time.

Thank You God for seagulls flying in the air.
They are such friendly birds.

Thank You Lord for ducks, swans and geese.
They all swim in the water.

Thank You God for all the birds
and wildlife that You have given to us.

You are such an amazing Creator
to think of so many different kinds
of creatures to make.

We praise and worship You.
In Jesus Name. Amen.

By Bethany (Gillian’s daughter), written in 2010 when she was 8

From Rachel:

Please continue to pray for Doug, as he is still struggling with health problems. He is moving to a hospital closer to home to continue his recovery from his foot operation.

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: Thank you for viewing our service today. We pray that you will have found it helpful and a blessing to you. Please come back for our next instalment!

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘God Made Me’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZNQlQa_Zyk

EDITED BY:

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:06 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS: BEGINNINGS- THE CREATION OF MAN AND WOMAN

WELCOME

From Karen: Hello and welcome to all of our dear friends. We are excited to begin this second week of the New Year and we hope that you look forward to it as we do.

Last week we studied and were reminded of God's amazing creation of not only this world in which we live, but also of the animals and man as well. In chapter two we walked through the stories of how God thought about, created, and then how He analyzed all that He had done in 6 days. The result was that "GOD SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD"! There is much more to discuss… so come along and let us discover more about our world, our Father God and how mankind grew!!!

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘This Is My Father's World’ sung by Amy Grant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVCrpGRSlow

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin and onyx are also there.) The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Ashur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”

That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame. Genesis 2:7-25

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘How Great Thou Art’ recorded at Spring Harvest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz3Ka_VHpVQ

MESSAGE FROM KAREN:

The scriptures said that God created man in His own image. He prepared the earth before He created man so that man would have a home and a beautiful place that would supply his every need.

In Chapter 2 and verse 7, it says that The Lord God formed a man, Adam, of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

God planted a garden on the eastern side of Eden, and that is where He put Adam. All kinds of trees were placed there by God which were not only beautiful but were also good for food.

In the midst of the garden there grew a tree which was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. God carefully prepared the garden to make sure that there was enough water to make the garden flourish. It was a rich garden of more than just the trees and fruit, etc. It had gold and onyx stones and all manner of precious gems. There were rivers and streams enough to make the entire area around Eden very fertile. This was where God intended for Adam to learn how to care for this lovely place and to have fellowship with Him.

So, God took Adam and put him in the garden. He was to tend it and keep it. He told Adam that he was welcome to freely eat of every tree in the garden, but that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was off limits. Adam was told that on the day that he did not obey God and chose to eat of it, he would surely die. He was given everything in the garden to enjoy completely except for just that one tree.

God had placed man above the other living things, and so He brought all the animals to Adam for him to name them, and Adam did as God had commanded. However, of all the different things that God made, there was not another one comparable to Adam.

God noticed that Adam seemed lonely, so He said, "It is not good that man should be alone. I will make him a helper like unto himself."

God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and He took one of the ribs from Adam's body and from it He made the woman, Eve. God took the woman to Adam, who was pleased and said: "This is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh. She shall be called "woman" because she was taken out of man.”

For this cause, the man would leave his father and mother and be joined with his wife and the two became one flesh.

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

What can be more foolish than to think that all this rare fabric of heaven and earth could come by chance, when all the skill of art is not able to make an oyster! Jeremy Taylor

God has set the type of marriage everywhere throughout the creation. Every creature seeks its perfection in another. The very heavens and earth picture it to us. Martin Luther

To reverence the impersonal creation instead of the personal God who created us is a perversion designed for escaping moral accountability to the Creator. God indicts those who worship the creation instead of its Creator (Rom 1:18-23); and warns of the corruption of morals and behavior which results. Dave Hunt

POETRY:

Chosen by Christine:

Praise To God

O Lord, My God
Whenever I am in despair
Thou drawest me near
And comforts me in thy grace and love
Thou bestows blessings and blessings upon me
Out of love for me.
For by belief and faith
I belong to the Lord.
I will praise His Holy Name!
Sing Hallelujah unto your majesty
For there is only one God
In all the universe and the heavens up above.
For thou hast created - creation
And all that dwells within.
All, some day will praise your name
Big and small shall sing and rejoice
Unto Thee, My God.
Our Saviour for us all.
Thou "O" God has given me all I need
To dwell here on Earth
Until the end of my days.
Till I can be in heaven
With My God and Saviour
So that then I can praise Thee "O" My God
For all eternity.

By John

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘Who am I?’ by Casting Crowns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=othmFqaw0Yk

PRAYER REQUESTS:

From Christine:

Please continue to pray for Doug. After a difficult week he is feeling somewhat better and has been moved to a hospital nearer to his home.

Please pray for Gillian who has been suffering again with depression. Thank God that she is somewhat better again now but it is an on-going problem for her as it is for many people. Pray, too, that she will be able to sleep much better.

Please pray for those suffering from severe weather conditions, especially those in Australia suffering from the effects of the extreme bush fires.

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

We thank you again Lord as we think again about the beauty of your creation. We thank you that you made men and women, and the animals and everything that has been made for your glory. We are sorry that we do not look after your world as we should and do not worship you as you deserve to be worshiped.

We pray for those living with fear, especially in war situations; and for those who are abused either physically or mentally. We pray for all those who are struggling; some with health problems and others worrying about money.

We pray for your comfort and healing for Doug and others in hospital or ill at home.

We thank you that you know all about us and love us and that you are a good God.

Amen

IN CLOSING:

From Christine: As we come to the end of today’s service we would like to thank you for joining with us. Thank you Karen for all you have contributed. We hope you will join us again next time as we look at the fall of mankind.

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘All creatures of our God and King’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2hs8GhnLz8

EDITED BY:

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 am

What A Wonderful message. Thank you for Blessing my day again.
God Bless This Ministry
Love Eva

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:12 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS: BEGINNINGS- THE TEMPTATION OF MAN

WELCOME

From Karen: Good Morning to all of our Friends and Family that come to share God's Word, His songs of Praise and Worship and the fellowship of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

We have been studying the Creation. We are entering a critical time in the study in that we are beginning to see how Satan crept into the Garden of Eden, which had been so perfected by God for man to enjoy. He is very beautiful, very cunning, very smooth with his presentations to the woman and very good at knowing how to mix just a little bit of truth with a deliberate lie. This is how he was in the garden and this is how he is as he tries to tempt us daily.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Karen:

BUT… BEFORE WE GET INTO THE STUDY, LET US PRAISE AND WORSHIP OUR GOD THIS MORNING FOR WHAT HE DID AND STILL DOES FOR US EVERYDAY.

Here is a beautiful old hymn that tells the story of the creation and how it should have been with God and man. It is called "IN THE GARDEN" and it is sung by Alan Jackson. Please sing along with us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aIhta9exts

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

“You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?” He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.” And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?” The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.” Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.” Genesis 3:1-13 (NIV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘And Can It Be That I Should Gain?’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29myH7xXI4M

‘He left His Father's throne above, So free, so infinite His grace, Emptied Himself of all but love, And bled for Adam's helpless race’

MESSAGE FROM KAREN:

In Chapter 3 of Genesis, we are introduced to "The Serpent," (also known as Satan). How different our lives would have been had we not ever had to encounter him! It is clear that he was created by God because in verse one it says: Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. The word cunning means shrewd or clever. The Bible does not say why the serpent first approached the woman, but perhaps it was because he felt that she might be more easily persuaded by him because he was said to have been so beautiful that she might be more easily tempted than Adam. Remember, he was not yet a serpent as we think of them (as in a snake) until later when God cursed him for what he did.

It was Adam that God actually instructed to stay away from, and not eat of, the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. But, the serpent chose to tempt Eve, thinking that perhaps she would be easier to convince. First he questioned her if God had indeed instructed them not to eat the fruit because if they did, they would die? She said that they could not even touch the fruit or they would die. Satan said that God just didn't want them to be as smart as He was and that is why He didn't want them to eat of the fruit. The serpent told Eve that if she ate it, her eyes would be opened and that they would be as smart as God, but they would not die. So, Eve was tempted by the beauty of the fruit and the desire to be wise so she did eat of it and then she took the fruit to Adam and he also ate of it.

Immediately after they ate the fruit, their eyes were opened and they knew that they were naked and they found fig leaves and sewed them together to make themselves clothes. When they heard God calling them, they hid because they knew they were naked and they didn't want God to see them. God questioned Adam as to who it was that told them they were naked? Then he asked if they had eaten of the tree that He commanded them not to. Adam answered and told God that the woman that God had given to him gave him the fruit of the tree and he ate it. Then the Lord asked Eve, "What is this that you have done". She answered, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

And so begins the Fall of Mankind. Even after being warned by God with just ONE THING of which they were told not to touch or partake of, mankind was so weak that they could not help but sin.

Next time, we can pick up with verse 14 of Chapter 3, where God puts the curses upon the serpent, Adam and Eve and all of us who have walked in the pathways of sin because of the sin that they committed. THEIR CHOICES CONDEMNED ALL OF MANKIND TO DIE. Praise God for sending us a wonderful and perfect Savior who paid the price of all mankind's sins which began that day and continue even to now.

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Christine:

Few preachers of religion do believe thoroughly the doctrine of the Fall, or else they think that when Adam fell down he broke his little finger, and did not break his neck and ruin his race. Charles Spurgeon

The reason why the Son of God took upon him our nature, was, the fall of our first parents. George Whitefield

TESTIMONY:

Chosen by Karen:

Now, let us look at the wonderful blessings that have come our way. We have a wonderful member of our Prayer Warriors who has been through some intense trials of late. His name is Alan Blair. Let me share with you some of the email testimony he sent us a couple of nights ago. It was such a joy to read…

What we are doing here is a powerful blessing. Remember the scripture “For when two or three gather in prayer, I am in their midst and will hear them?” I know that He hears our prayers! And I can’t tell you the security and peace I felt in midst of illness that I had never experienced before.

I was down to 20% heart function and was under constant watch in ICU, being told daily that my situation was grave. But I never feared the outcome. The cardiologists were giving me a 50/50 chance of surviving this ordeal and the surgery. Then when I did survive the surgery I was told it would take 6 months to recover and that I was likely to lose a lot of capacity and function, and that I would be on medication for the rest of my life.

Now, less than 3 months since the surgery, these doctors are beside themselves over this recovery! In this short time, I have already achieved a level of heart function that is even unusual for a healthy person of my age, and am being told that soon I will be off the medication. Praise God!

THERE IS MORE TO THIS WONDERFUL TESTIMONY that I hope to share with you later. Alan Blair is high on the Lord God. He has an incredible faith and believes so much in the power of prayer and he is so happy to be a part of our ministry. You will be hearing more from Alan in the future. God has a work for him and is blessing him daily. Please Praise God for the great work He has for Alan both on a personal basis and as a part of the Joy in the Morning Prayer Warriors. We rejoice in this great Victory from God.

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Karen: Here is a song about the blessings and the power of Prayer: I had never heard it before today but I do believe that it came from God to us all. It is done by a group called THIRD DAY and the name of the song is, "I NEED A MIRACLE"!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmhNZkyGloc

From Karen:

The Prayer Warriors of Joy in the Morning Ministries have seen many wonderful blessings in this past week and God has been so wonderful to hear and answer our prayers.

Before I get to those praises, let me ask you to continue to pray for Doug Holt and ask God to please continue to heal him and that Doug will know how much he is missed and we hope he will be well again very soon.

Also, our dear sister, Karen Kelley, is back in the hospital as they continue to try to relieve her of the fluid built up in her body that puts such a strain on her heart. She is very ill and truly she is losing her strength more all the time. Pray that God's love and mercy will be with Karen and that He will comfort her and be at peace in the days ahead. Please pray that whatever is best for Karen will be. Father, help her to feel our prayers today.

AND NOW, I'D LIKE TO SHARE AN UPDATE ON MATTHEW CECIL, who is the young man who just had his leg amputated. The words from his precious grandmother, Jan Kennedy said it more sweetly than anyone else could have done. These are her words:

Matthew has been in a wheelchair for 8 months now, but today he finally graduated to crutches! This is a milestone worth celebrating! He will still need to use his wheelchair when he gets tired (after not being mobile for so long it will take a while to build muscle and endurance) but it is a start. In a few months he will get his prosthesis, and finally be on the road to regaining his life! Thank you, Jesus. And thank you all who have prayed so faithful for my grandson. One day and one step at a time. THANK YOU SO MUCH JESUS!!!!!

PRAISE OUR MIGHTY GOD FOR THE PRAYERS THAT WERE PRAYED AND THE MIRACLE THAT WE HAVE SEEN BECAUSE HE HEARD AND ANSWERED WITH SUCH LOVE.

When God gives a miracle, He does not just give it to the person prayed for, He gives it to all who prayed as well. We are all so blessed and God is not through yet. Let us all raise our hands and worship our Father God. Truly this is a day to remember.

There are many more prayers so just remember to pray for all those who are in need daily that you know and if we each do the same, perhaps we can cover all that we know. Thank you so much!!!

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

Dear Lord we thank you that although we have let you down so badly you had a plan to save us, from the beginning, by sending your son to die for us. We praise you Lord for your amazing grace to us. You did not give us what we deserve but have treated us with amazing kindness.

We pray Lord for Doug Holt and Karen Kelly in hospital that you will be very close to them and heal them.

Thank you for your many answers to our prayer including your healing of Alan Blair and the wonderful way you are working in his life. We thank you too for the way you are working in the life of Matthew Cecil.

You are so good to us. We thank you that you are a God who hears and answers our prayers. Forgive us Lord for all the ways we have displeased you. Help us to be more like you.

Amen

IN CLOSING:

From Karen:

Please don't miss out on the next portion of this study! Thanks to all of you for sharing this with us today.

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: ‘I Cannot Hide From You (Psalm 139)’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IyaS-vy ... re=related

EDITED BY:

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:59 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS: BEGINNINGS- THE FALL OF MAN

WELCOME

From Karen: Good morning and once again welcome to the Lord's Day service here at Doug's international Internet ministry. We are eagerly looking forward to hearing more about the beginning of the world, the creation of all things, including mankind. We are now studying the temptation of man, his downfall, and today we will learn about how this changed all of our lives.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Karen: Before we move on to the lesson, let us begin with this incredible song called, ‘Dear Lord’ by Garden of Eden. It truly shows the forgiving nature of our God. Mankind has suffered much because of our Fall in the Garden of Eden. We have broken God's heart so many times, and continue to do it every day. The words of this lovely song, show his love for each of us, each time we come back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Av_oY-jYk

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this, “Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life. And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

To the woman he said, “I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”

To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’ “Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life. It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field. By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.”

Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life. Genesis 3:14-24

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘What Can I Do’ by Paul Baloche & Graham Kendrick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrAXjUAbeo

MESSAGE FROM KAREN:

Let us now see what happened to Adam and Eve AND the serpent after they fell into sin by giving into the temptation set before them.

We will recap just a bit. The serpent (Satan) came into the garden and questioned Eve about what God had told her would happen if she ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; that she would surely die. The serpent convinced Eve that she surely would not die, that she would just become wise like God and that God didn't want that. So, Eve took of the fruit and ate of it and then she took it to Adam and he ate of it also. Then their eyes were opened and they realized that they were naked and they hid themselves from God and they sewed fig leaves together to make clothes.

When God questioned each one, he got their version of why they did what they did and he judged them accordingly. When God addressed Adam, Adam told God that the woman that God had brought to him, gave him the fruit, and he ate of it. Then, God turned to the woman and said, "What is this that you have done". She said that the serpent deceived her and she did eat of it. Each person was blaming the other. It is much like how people do today when they know they have been disobedient.

So, God told the serpent that because he had done this that he would be cursed more than all cattle and every beast of the field. He told him that he would go upon his belly and that he will eat the dust all the days of his life. He told him that he was going to put a feeling of hostility between him and the woman. And it is true, that I have never myself ever been able to stand to even look at a snake. It is revealed in Revelation 12:9 that Satan was, in fact, the ruling intelligence of the serpent and his thoughts were always in direct opposition to that of God. (See Job 26:13 & Isaiah 27:1)

Next, he addressed the woman and told her that He was going to greatly multiply her sorrow and her childbirth. He told her that she would bring forth her children in much pain. He told her that her husband would now have rule over her. However, unlike the words he used in judging the serpent and the man, God did not use the word "curse" when addressing the woman. Perhaps the reason for that was because she was to be the "mother of all living human beings", and like unto one from which our Savior would come.

Perhaps God was the most upset at Adam and when He addressed Adam He said that because he followed his wife and had eaten of the tree even though God had warned him not to do it, that the ground would forever be cursed because of him and that he would have to toil for everything he would eat all the days of his life. He told him that because of his disobedience, he would have to deal with thorns and thistles and he would eat the herb of the field. God said, "In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground. For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, and to dust you shall return.

Adam named his wife Eve, because she was the mother of all living. God made tunics from the skins of animals for them to wear. God sent them out of the garden to till the ground from which God had made them and placed a cherubim at the east of the Garden to Eden and a flaming sword which turned every way in order to protect the tree of life. The gate to the garden, apparently in the east like the temple gate, was to be guarded, representing God's presence and His separation from unholy man.

So, sadly enough, by man's own sinful nature, all of us were cursed. Man could not then, nor can we now do what is right and as a result we have our own selves to blame for the difficulties we suffer in this life. This was just the beginning of life as we know it today. God's plan for mankind was to live in a beautiful place and have fellowship with Him and be surrounded by beauty and live in peace with Him. One man's sinful nature set this curse upon us all.

But PRAISE GOD FOR JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD, who has taken the curse upon Himself so that we might all secure eternal life after all. But just like the "choice" that Adam had to make in whether to eat of the tree or not, we also have to make the choice of whether or not to accept Jesus Christ as our Savior. Hopefully, we will not be so foolish as to be deceived by Satan again. Don't allow sin to rule in your life. TURN YOUR EYES UPON JESUS...................!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Christine:

Twentieth-century man needs to be reminded at times that work is not the result of the Fall. Man was made to work, because the God who made him was a "working God." Man was made to be creative, with his mind and his hands. Work is part of the dignity of his existence. Sinclair B. Ferguson

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

Note from Christine: Please take a special note of the last verse of this poem. Satan bruised the heel of Jesus in the crucifixion but he could not overthrow him. Jesus crushed Satan and he knows he cannot win.

The Eagle and The Snake

The majestic eagle is an inspiration to me.
The wisdom God gave him is beautiful to see.
He has but one enemy, which is a big snake;
The eggs and the little ones is what it will take.

Two eyes are watching the snake takes no heed.
Great claws sink into his neck and he goes up in great speed.
The eagle pays no attention to the snake but goes still higher
He knows the squirming snake in the cold will soon tire.

Then limply he falls and dangles down;
Quickly then the eagle zooms toward the ground.
The eagle is going fast now and heading for a rock
The snake is going to get a deathly shock.

The eagle batters it up good, then lets it fall;
He won the battle, but that's not all.
The little ones are saved; they are set free.
Daddy eagle shows them how to get the victory.

That is what Jesus has done for us.
With His heel, Satan's head He did crush.
He won the battle, for us to set free.
Through His omnipotent blood, we have the victory.

Mabel Black (December 10, 1914 to December 24, 2010 + Eternal Life)

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Karen: ‘Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus’ sung by Alan Jackson… beautiful!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C31Fo0QEHQ

From Christine:

Praise God that we have been to visit a new care home for our Rebecca, which looks suitable. The home is happy to take her and hopefully she will able to move soon. Please continue to pray for her as she is finding things difficult where she is.

Please continue to pray for our Doug, still in hospital. The doctor is very concerned about his kidney function and he is not at all well.

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

Thank you Lord that we can meet together in your name. Thank you Lord that you are all powerful and far more powerful than the devil. Keep us from falling into temptation we pray. Help us to study the Bible which helps us to answer the devil as you did when you were tempted. We thank you Lord that you were tempted in every way as we are, yet without sin, so you understand.

We pray Lord that you will bring comfort, peace and healing to those who are ill, including Doug. We pray for the hungry, the confused, the lonely and the frightened.

Help us to show your love and kindness to those we come into contact with and enable us to be good witnesses for you.

Amen

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: Thank you so much for continuing to study this important historical story with us and learning why it matters to us today. We hope you have been blessed by it!

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: ‘The Fall of Man’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mer8VBgwvA

EDITED BY:

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:52 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS: CAIN AND ABEL

WELCOME

From Christine: Welcome to our Sunday service. We hope you have found our Creation theme helpful, and will continue with us as we leave the story of Adam and Eve and move on in the Bible’s story.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘By His Wounds’ sung by Glory Revealed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3LHI19xxk4

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the Lord I have brought forth a man.” Later she gave birth to his brother Abel.

Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. And Abel also brought an offering—fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”

Now Cain said to his brother Abel, “Let’s go out to the field.” While they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him. Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?” “I don’t know,” he replied. “Am I my brother’s keeper?” The Lord said, “What have you done? Listen! Your brother’s blood cries out to me from the ground. Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.”

Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is more than I can bear. Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.” But the Lord said to him, “Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden. Genesis 4:1-16 (NIV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘How Great Is Our God’ sung by Don Moen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coPD8amHKO4

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

We thought we would look today at the story of Cain and Abel. After Adam and Eve have sinned and been thrown out of the beautiful garden we see further results of their sin.

Adam and Eve have two sons, Cain and Abel. Abel was a shepherd and Cain worked the soil. When the time came they brought their offerings to God. Cain brought an offering of fruit and Abel an animal sacrifice.

God accepted Abel’s sacrifice, but not Cain’s. What is the reason for this? We see the answer in verse 7, when God says “If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?” This means that they did know what was acceptable. It says in Hebrews 9:22 “without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.” A sacrifice of fruit was not the sacrifice which was acceptable. Cain would have known this and he should have bought an animal from his brother.

We see the sacrificial law explained in the Old Testament. I think it is the only part of the Old Testament which is not relevant to us today as Christ’s perfect sacrifice has made the once for all sacrifice required. The Old Testament sacrificial law was to help us to understand the whole principle of sacrifice.

Things become even worse as we move to verse 8. Cain is so jealous that he commits the first murder. He thinks he can get away with it and tries to hide his sin from God. God knows all about Cain and he knows all about us. It is futile to try to hide our sins from God. Cain receives a further curse but God shows mercy and puts a mark on him to protect him.

We see three sins here. The first was to try to give God an unsuitable offering which was not what he wanted. First we need to acknowledge our sin and accept the perfect sacrifice of Jesus for our sins. We need to give God what he deserves which are our worship, praise, love and service. We cannot earn our way to heaven, but it is the natural outpouring of our love to worship him.

The second sin was jealousy. We must be very careful to be content with what we have and not to be jealous of others. This sin led to the third sin of murder. I don’t expect many of the people reading this are murderers, but Jesus said “But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment.” Matthew 5:22a. We must be careful how we think of others, as bad thoughts lead to bad actions.

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

A person's life is his most precious possession. Consequently, to rob him of it is the greatest sin we can commit against him, while to give one's own life on his behalf is the greatest possible expression of love for him. This, then, is the ultimate contrast: Cain's hatred issued in murder, Christ's love (issued) in self-sacrifice. John Stott

A musician is not recommended for playing long, but for playing well; it is obeying God willingly, that is accepted; the Lord hates that which is forced, it is rather a tax than an offering. Cain served God grudgingly; he brought his sacrifice, not his heart. Thomas Watson

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

When Adam fell he quickly lost
God's image, which he once possessed:
See All our nature since could boast
In Cain, his first-born Son, expressed!

The sacrifice the Lord ordained
In type of the Redeemer's blood,
Self-righteous reas'ning Cain disdained,
And thought his own first-fruits as good.

Yet rage and envy filled his mind,
When, with a fallen, downcast look,
He saw his brother favor find,
Who God's appointed method took.

By Cain's own hand, good Abel died,
Because the Lord approved his faith;
And, when his blood for vengeance cried,
He vainly thought to hide his death.

Such was the wicked murd'rer Cain,
And such by nature still are we,
Until by grace we're born again,
Malicious, blind and proud, as he.

Like him the way of grace we slight,
And in our own devices trust;
Call evil good, and darkness light,
And hate and persecute the just.

The saints, in every age and place,
Have found this history fulfilled;
The numbers all our thoughts surpass
Of Abels, whom the Cains have killed!

Thus Jesus fell - but O! his blood
Far better things than Abel's cries:
Obtains his murd'rers peace with God,
And gains them mansions in the skies.

John Newton

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Lead Me to the Cross’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykvBESMCPH4

From Christine:

Please pray again for Doug; he has been very unwell this week, but on Thursday he was quite a bit better, praise the Lord. His kidneys are better than they were and his foot is healing very well.

Pray, too, for Rebecca, who is finding things very hard at the care home. Pray that the move will go through smoothly and quickly.

LET US PRAY:

From Christine: We thank you Lord for all your goodness to us. We thank you that you sent your son to die for us, so that we can have relationship with you and forgiveness for all our sins. We praise and worship you Lord now. Accept our praises, we pray.

We pray for all those who are sick or lonely; for those who are worried or fearful and especially for all those in war situations. We pray Lord for wisdom and strength to help those who are in need of our help.

In your name we pray,

Amen

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: Thank you for looking at our service today as we continue our journey through the Bible and learn more of what it has to teach us. We hope you will return to find out the significance of the Flood.

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Once Again’ sung by Matt Redman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebFji3n0cCA

EDITED BY:

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Apologies for no mid-week messages this week and Sunday's being late- I had an essay to complete for university and then we had family staying with us over the weekend.

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:55 pm

No need to apologize Rachel. We can only do what we can only do, God knows that very well. I love the song by Don Moen, "How Great Is Our God." We have sung that in our Church many times over the years. You do an awesome job with this ministry, and I know it is from the heart for us to be fed, from God. Keeping you all and our dear brother Doug in my prayers daily. May God bless you abundantly as you continue to serve Him. GLYADSI
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:45 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS: THE FLOOD- PART 1

WELCOME

From Christine: Thank you for joining us. We are picking up the narrative again to cover the story of the flood. We hope you will find it helpful.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Noah, Oh Noah’ by Carol Boyd Leon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCii16cyZfg

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

This is the account of Noah and his family.

Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God. Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth.

Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth. So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high. Make a roof for it, leaving below the roof an opening one cubit high all around. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks. I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you. You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.”

Noah did everything just as God commanded him. Genesis 6:5-22 (NIV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me)’ by Casting Crowns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXp6xcY5IqU

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

Man had become more and more wicked, so God decided to wipe out all of His creation- except Noah and his family, plus some of each kind of animal. God decided to rescue Noah because he was a righteous man who walked with God and had found favour in God’s eyes. He had three sons- Shem, Ham and Japheth.

God told Noah to build an ark, and He gave him a detailed plan of how to build it. It was going to be huge- not the small boat we often see in children’s story books. It would have taken years to build and the people around him must have thought he was crazy.

Once the ark was built, he had to gather together two of every kind of unclean animal and seven of every kind of clean animal. He took his three sons and their wives into the ark, too. He also had to store food for his family and all of the animals.

We see in verse 22: ‘Noah did everything just as God had commanded.’ Noah is a very good example to us. If we study our Bibles and spend time in prayer we will be better able to obey God.

We see in verse 9: ‘Noah walked with God.’ This, too, is an example to us. We need to be in tune with what God wants from us. Because Noah was so in tune with God he was able to obey him completely.

This is only the first part of God’s rescue plan, which we see come to completion in Christ’s rescue at the cross. Jesus died to pay the ransom for our sins. We do not deserve to be forgiven for all the wrong things we have done, but Jesus died so that we could be put right with God forever.

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

As the kernel of old humanity, Noah and his family, was once contained in the ark, which was tossed upon the waves of the deluge; so the kernel of the new humanity, of the new creation, Christ and His Apostles, in the little ship. Richard Chenevix Trench

There is but one Church in which men find salvation, just as outside the ark of Noah it was not possible for anyone to be saved. Thomas Aquinas

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

Three Righteous Men

Old Noah was righteous
And he walked with the Lord
He preached and he labored
And he trusted God’s Word
He sailed o’er the flood
But suffered no loss
But Noah didn’t carry
The Old Rugged Cross
Now Daniel found favor in the eyes of the king
And told him the secrets of all of his dreams
Faith brought him out of the old lion’s den
But Daniel could not pay the price for my sin
Now Job was a man whom God richly blessed
Tormented by Satan, his faith stood the test
In sorrow he cursed the day he was born
But Job didn’t wear a crown made of thorns
Only my Savior could pay the great price
To save a lost soul from sin and from strife
Though we love the old Prophets, and honor their name
No one but Jesus could bear all my shame.

© Arvil Jones

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘You Alone Can Rescue’ sung by Matt Redman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UracNSSlfTo

From Christine:

Thank God that Doug is much better and is hoping to go home today. Please pray that God will help him as he settles back at home. Also please pray that God will restore his sight again.

Please pray for my son Martin (Rachel’s brother) and his wife Sarah as they help run an international club attached to our church. They have Bible studies each Friday at their house and they are going away together next weekend.

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

Dear Lord, we thank You that You love us enough to die for us to save us. We can never repay what we owe, but help us to love You more and more and to serve You better. Forgive us, we pray, for all the times we let You down.

We pray for all those who are in hospital or in care homes. We pray that the nurses, doctors, and carers will look after them well. We thank You for those who really care. Please help Rebecca as she prepares to move to a new care home soon.

We pray for all those who are finding life hard; for those who are frightened or lonely; for those who are suffering from depression or other mental health problems. Help us to be understanding, caring and patient.

For Yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory.

Amen

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: Thank you for joining us. We pray that you will have been blessed by today’s message.

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: ‘When We Walk With the Lord (Trust and Obey)’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWvIKIRVFsw

EDITED BY:

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:05 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS: THE FLOOD- PART 2

WELCOME

From Christine: Thank you for joining with us again as we look at the second part of the story of Noah and the flood. We hope you will find it a blessing to you.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Our God is a Great Big God’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaXPXWBcE3I

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.”

And Noah did all that the Lord commanded him.

Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters came on the earth. And Noah and his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives entered the ark to escape the waters of the flood. Pairs of clean and unclean animals, of birds and of all creatures that move along the ground, male and female, came to Noah and entered the ark, as God had commanded Noah. And after the seven days the floodwaters came on the earth.

In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.

On that very day Noah and his sons, Shem, Ham and Japheth, together with his wife and the wives of his three sons, entered the ark. They had with them every wild animal according to its kind, all livestock according to their kinds, every creature that moves along the ground according to its kind and every bird according to its kind, everything with wings. Pairs of all creatures that have the breath of life in them came to Noah and entered the ark. The animals going in were male and female of every living thing, as God had commanded Noah. Then the Lord shut him in.

For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits. Every living thing that moved on land perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.

The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days.

But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded. Now the springs of the deep and the floodgates of the heavens had been closed, and the rain had stopped falling from the sky. The water receded steadily from the earth. At the end of the hundred and fifty days the water had gone down, and on the seventeenth day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat. The waters continued to recede until the tenth month, and on the first day of the tenth month the tops of the mountains became visible.

After forty days Noah opened a window he had made in the ark and sent out a raven, and it kept flying back and forth until the water had dried up from the earth. Then he sent out a dove to see if the water had receded from the surface of the ground. But the dove could find nowhere to perch because there was water over all the surface of the earth; so it returned to Noah in the ark. He reached out his hand and took the dove and brought it back to himself in the ark. He waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark. When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth. He waited seven more days and sent the dove out again, but this time it did not return to him.

By the first day of the first month of Noah’s six hundred and first year, the water had dried up from the earth. Noah then removed the covering from the ark and saw that the surface of the ground was dry. By the twenty-seventh day of the second month the earth was completely dry.

Then God said to Noah, “Come out of the ark, you and your wife and your sons and their wives. Bring out every kind of living creature that is with you—the birds, the animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground—so they can multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number on it.”

So Noah came out, together with his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives. All the animals and all the creatures that move along the ground and all the birds—everything that moves on land—came out of the ark, one kind after another. Genesis 7:1-8:19

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Indescribable’ sung by Laura Story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zfHQdQTVo0

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

In chapter 7 we see God commanding Noah to take everyone into the ark. He is given a week for this. In verse 5 we read “And Noah did all that the Lord commanded” This is a good example to us. If only we obeyed God like this.

We see in verse 11 that this was no ordinary flood. “The springs of the great deep burst forth and the flood gates of the heavens were opened and the rain fell on the earth for forty days and forty nights.” There has never been rain like this before or since. After Noah had taken in all the animals as God had instructed God shut them in, keeping them safe. Noah must have been so glad he had listened to God and done exactly what he was told.

The flood was so deep that it covered all the highest mountains and all the people and animals were drowned. God sent a wind and the flood receded and after 150 days the water had gone down. Noah sent out first a raven and then a dove but they both came back. A week later the dove came back with a twig, but after waiting another week it did not come back, so Noah knew it must have found dry land.

In chapter 8 verse 15, God told Noah to come out of the ark with his family and all the animals. Again Noah was obedient to God.

We see that God is all powerful and knows what he is doing. He is not just there to do what we want. He is wonderful and deserving of all our praises.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

“You cannot come to Christ unless the Spirit of God brings you. But what if you ignore His warnings? Then you are in the gravest danger, for some day God will no longer be speaking to you. Then it will be too late. Come to Christ while there is still time. Christ, God's greater Ark, stands ready to welcome you to safety today.” Billy Graham, Hope for Each Day: Words of Wisdom and Faith

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

Noah's Ark

Noah was a strong man
Who lived in Bible time
He knew if he had faith in the Lord
He would always be just fine

He built the special ark
The animals came two by two
He knew if he obeyed the Lord
He would be fine once the rain was through

It rained forty days
And it rained forty nights
But Noah had faith in the Lord
He knew everything would be alright

As soon as the rain ended
Noah could see dry land
He took to heart the spoken words
He put his trust in the Master's hand

(c) Dana Brooks..1-01

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Grace’ by Laura Story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8h38V-Bh8U

PRAYER REQUESTS:

From Christine:

Please continue to pray for Doug, as he is still in hospital. His potassium level is too high, which is bad for his heart; they have to get the levels right before he can go home.

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

Dear Lord we thank you that you are a wonderful God. We bring our praises to you. You have made us and know all about us. We thank you that if we are Christians we are adopted into your family. This is too wonderful for us to imagine. We thank you Lord that we are able to meet with Christians anywhere and feel at one with them as we are all part of your family. May we know you as our father.

Help us to love others as you love us and make us more like yourself.

Amen

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: Thank you for joining us for our 50th service since I became editor! I am very thankful to Doug for the honour of editing his ministry and hope to edit many more services for him.

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: ‘How Great Thou Art’ sung by Chris Rice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc0QVWzCv9k

EDITED BY:

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:01 pm

I really enjoyed the message today, you are doing a Wonderful job and touching so many! I am Praying for Doug, I know he is so grateful for all your time you put into this Awesome ministry.

God Bless You All
Love Eva

Doug Holt
Diamond Member

Post by Doug Holt » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:23 am

How Great Thou Art

I have so much to praise GOD for

I could not have suvived withuot

POSITIVE PRAYET

aND MY ADOPTIVE FAMILY CHRISTINEAND RAY

wITH REBECCA, RACHEgILLIAN AND FAMILY

mARTIN AND SARAH

aND DEAR eVA AND kAREN AS WELL AS THE MANY RAYER WARRRIOES.

hEAING WILL BE SLO

One Day At A Time

One posirive while I was been treaed

i am no longer taking insulin by injection

4 times a day

a tablet moaters it thank yiou LORD JESUS.

LOVE TO ALL IN HIS NAME AS ALWAYS

BROTHER DOUG
Thoughts Are Living Things With Wings.

You Are Never Alone. When You Think Of Others

And They Think Of You.

No Matter Where You Are

GOD Is With YOU All The Time.

Doug Holt