karenkelley
Gold Member

BETRAYED

Post by karenkelley » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:54 pm

Betrayed, (c) By Karen Kelley DEC 2nd, 2008

Have you ever trusted someone with your heart
And gave them your all, body mind and soul
Only to find out that from the very start
Things were kept from you that made your heart turn cold.

How can someone say 'I love only you'
Then break your heart time after time
So badly you don't think you can get thru
The painful thoughts and visions going thru your mind.

He looks you in the eye, swears that it isn't so
But when you proved that he has lied
He just says a one time slip, means nothing you know
That doesn't stop the hurt or the tears I have cried.

I find you are still doing what you said you didn't do
And now I think I am beginning to un-love you !!!!
thanks for the support. a great man is known by his works and word. may there be more people willing to uphold those truths.
respectfully, Karen Kelley

Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Re: BETRAYED

Post by Janice Kennedy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:15 am

Been there, done that, Karen. I believe that there are only a few rare, but very blessed people, who have never felt that way. What a joy that would be. Thanks for sharing your heart with me.

Love and Blessings Joyful Jan ))(( :D :D :D )))(((
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME

karenkelley
Gold Member

Post by karenkelley » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 am

Thank you Jan, I know you have been thru a lot. Thanks for your kind comments and may you have only happy days. I hope there are not too many mistakes in my replies, as I am using my hand held with a magnifyfer. but it will be better soon . I will probably have to stay off line awhile. God bless.
Respectfully, Karen K.
thanks for the support. a great man is known by his works and word. may there be more people willing to uphold those truths.

DreamNight
Registered Member

Post by DreamNight » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Wow thats a Beautiful poem.I'm going through that right now with a friend of mine.

karenkelley
Gold Member

Post by karenkelley » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:04 pm

THIS IS EXACATLY WHY I WROTE THIS POEM, IT WAS FOR A FRIEND OF MINE WHO HAD TO DEAL WITH A PROBLEM AND FELT SEEING SOMETHING IN PRINT MIGHT HELP HER DEAL WITH IT BETTER. SHE SAYS IT DID HELP CLARIFY THINGS IN HER MIND. SHE IS STILL VERY HURT AND WILL BE FOR SOME TIME BUT SHE REALIZES SHE DID NOTHING WRONG.
MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE YOU AND MAY YOU FIND THE STRENGTH YOU NEED TO HELP YOUR FRIEND. I WISH YOU WELL AND THANK YOU FOR READING MY POEM AND TAKING THE TIME TO COMMENT.
RESPECTFULLY, KAREN K.

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:29 pm

I can't say that has ever happened to me, not body and soul being crushed, but certainly my heart. That was back in high school. Very beautiful poetry dearest Karen freind. Perhaps you had a song in mind, yes? Sure does flow like one. How about Conway Twitty? My favorite of all time. Didn't know that? Joyce's favorite of all time is Charley Pride. Until later. God bless.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

karenkelley
Gold Member

Post by karenkelley » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:05 am

I would Love to have it recorded. maybe someday. I always loved conway also. never be another one with his unique style. I SAW AND HEARD CHARLIE PRIDE DO A PROGRAM OF HIS OLD SONGS ON A SPECIAL PROGRAM ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO. HE MADE JOKES ABOUT OVERHEARING SOME LADIES SAYING, "BUT DID YOU KNOW HE WAS BLACK? HE STILL HAD A GREAT VOICE.
i AM HAPPY YOU RECOVERED FROM YOUR HIGH SCHOOL HURT, BUT NO MATTER WHAT AGE ONE IS, THAT TYPE OF HURT IS DEEP AND I THINK IN SOME WAYS STAYS WITH ONE.
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME OUT OF YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE TO READ AND PROVIDE YOUR INPIUT. THAT IS SO IMPORTANT TO ME. i MAY HAVE MY SON GIVE IT A TRY AND PERHAPS WORK OUT A MELODY AND SEE HOW IT TURNS OUT. HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS. HELLO TO JOYCE.
RESPECTFULLY, KAREN K
PS:SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:48 am

DEAR KAREN KELLY;
A SAD, BUT VERY WELL WRITTEN POEM, AND ONE THAT I CAN DEFINITELY RELATE TO IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD! BEEN THERE~~VERY HEARTFELT AND DEEP, FILLED WITH SOME STRONG EMOTIONS, THAT I CLD. ALMOST FEEL..."GOD BLESS YOU"...LOVE, SHIRLEY ANN SHAW...

condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

Post by condorfromtheandes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:55 am

OH!! MY DEAREST TRUSTED FRIEND, KAREN KELLEY!!! (((((WOOOOOWWWWW)))))
I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU HERE AGAIN, WRITING AND SHARING YOUR WONDERFUL POETIC TALENTS WITH US. WE MISS YOU SO MUCH, AND WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH, DEAR KAREN K.!!
YOU SEE, I WRITE MY COMMENTS AND MESSAGES IN CAPITAL LETTERS BECAUSE I CAN´T SEE VERY WELL, ESPECIALLY LETTERS WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN SMALL CAPS MAKE THINGS MORE DIFFICULT FOR ME TO READ. I USE GLASSES, AND MY EYE-SIGHT IS GETTING WORSE AS TIME GOES BY. CAPITAL LETTERS ARE BIGGER AND EASIER TO READ. DON´T YOU THINK SO, SWEETHEART??...
I REALLY LOVE YOUR POEM!! YOUR WORDS ARE SO TRUE. WHAT YOU DESCRIBE IN YOUR POEM REALLY HAPPENED TO ME MANY TIMES IN THE PAST.
I WAS BETRAYED MANY TIMES; IN FACT, I WAS STABBED IN THE BACK AND DOUBLED-CROSSED. MY EX-HUSBAND AND THE FATHER OF MY ONLY DAUGHTER IS THE FIRST EXAMPLE IN MY LIFE, BUT I HAVE OTHER EXAMPLES WHICH COULD BE EVEN WORSE THAN MY EX-HUBBY...MEN COULD BE VERY CRUEL AND MEAN.
NOW, AS I LOOK BACK, I COULD SEE THE WOUNDS AND SCARS LEFT IN MY HEART OF HEARTS THAT WILL NEVER HEAL. KAREN K., YOUR POEM IS A GOOD THEME FOR A SAD SONG. MOREOVER, I OVERHEARD THAT YOU RECORDED NICE SONGS IN THE PAST. I AM SURE, YOU CAN DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN IF YOU FIND THE RIGHT PRODUCER, AND THE RIGHT MELODIES FOR YOUR LYRICS (WORDS). I ALSO WRITE POETIC LYRICS (WORDS) FOR SONGS. BUT, I WOULD NEED THE RIGHT MELODY FOR THEM, GOOD MUSICIANS TO PERFORM ON STAGE, AND THE BEST RECORDING STUDIO TO BE INTERESTED IN THE SONGS. IT IS TOO MUCH TO ASK, AND MY DREAM IS -SOMEHOW- AN IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. I FIND DREAMING A GOOD HOBBY IN MY LONELY LIFE.
THANK YOU, MY SWEET DEAREST TRUSTED FRIEND, KAREN KELLEY, FOR SHARING AGAIN YOUR POETIC TALENTS WITH US AT NET HUGS!!
YOU CAN DEFINETELY COUNT WITH ME AT ANYTIME AS YOUR FRIEND. I ADMIRE YOUR GREAT TALENTS, SWEETHEART. TALENTS ARE GOLDEN GIFTS FROM GOD TO US.
(((GOD´S RICHEST BLESSINGS MAY ALWAYS ABOUND IN YOUR LIFE)))
HUGS,
MONICA BERTRAND. :) :)
Condorfromtheandes.

karenkelley
Gold Member

Post by karenkelley » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:12 pm

THANK YOU MONICA FOR YOUR MOST KIND WORDS. i DO KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS. I KEEP HOPING THAT I WILL GET A LETTER FROM YOU SAYING THAT YOU HAVE RETURNED TO THE STATES AS I KNOW THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT. MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU AND BRING YOU PEACE AND DREAMS THAT DO COME TRUE.LOVE AND PRAYERS.
RESPECTFULLY, KAREN K )))(((

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:47 am

AND I, TOO, SHALL USE CAPS !! I DON'T KNOW WHY WE DON'T...YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER TO USE THIS FINGER FOR THIS AND THE OTHER FINGER FOR THAT ... LOL !! KAREN... YOU WRITE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL POETRY AND MUSIC. I AM GLAD YOU TOLD ME ABOUT THIS AND SORRY THAT I CAME TO IT LATE. YOU KNOW ME AND THE 'GENERAL' FORUM, I HOPE. IT SEEMS TO BE MY HANGOUT !! GIRL, I HOPE YOU CAN COME BACK HERE REAL SOON WITHOUT THAT DARN, BLESSED MAGNIFYING GLASS !!

LOVE YOU....LINDA
318.gif
318.gif (39.31 KiB) Viewed 4664 times
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Shakela
Platinum Member

Post by Shakela » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Read the post you sent me through Messenger and what can I say...always beautiful as ever. Thanks for sharing this very melancholy poem with me. God bless, Karen.