"A DAY JOURNEY."

Post your stories here.
condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

"A DAY JOURNEY."

Post by condorfromtheandes » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:00 pm

"A DAY JOURNEY."

At daybreak, the sailboat left the harbor with eight couples on board, plus the skipper and his sailor, a brown Labrador watchdog. Hubby and I were among the crew. We would be going for a sail out the sea on a day journey to a desert island nearby.
Once we got there around noon, we would bring our lunch and have it on the island. Since it was uninhabited, the gorgeous coral reef or atoll with pristine sandy beaches surrounded by the turquoise sea, had nobody there to help if we would need anything.

A rowboat was loaded with the crew to land at the shore. We brought our snacks, tuna fish, peanut butter and cranberry sandwiches with a bottle of water. Hubby had his camera ready to record our memorable adventure. He also gathered seashells to display at our Art Studio in New York.
At one point, a bottle in the sand aroused hubby's attention. He exclaimed in astonishment: “ I have found a bottle with a message in the sand. Perhaps, it might have been written by one of the pirates in the Caribbean Sea. I shall keep it, so that we could read the message after we get back home.”
We glanced at the sea and the blue sky up above celebrating our Anniversary. After having a few bites of our snacks, hubby kept busy taking pictures of nature while I dreamt on the sand. It seemed as if I had fallen fast asleep when a sudden noise disturbed my peaceful dreams.
A rattlesnake was watching me from the bush behind.
Was it real, or just a dream? I wondered.
Then, I woke up with pain in my right leg noticing bloody like stains there. I felt as though I had been stung. I screamed!

I had always been infatuated with pristine sandy beaches with soft white sand dunes, coral reefs and paradise islands in the deep blue sea. Hence our day journey on a vessel set indeed, a memorable experience.
We could not wait to read the message in the bottle, so we began to explore a bit farther. We had discovered something amazing after all.
We were all happy and safe back on board again sailing the sea. I took the last glance at the distant desert island, letting a sigh of relief and realizing that it must have been just a dream or rather a nightmare not with blood, but cranberry sauce on my leg.

AUTHOR: MS. MONICA.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR READING, MY DEAR NET HUGS FRIENDS!
Condorfromtheandes.

Hope
Diamond Member

Re: "A DAY JOURNEY."

Post by Hope » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:29 am

monica,
I really enjoyed your story so much I could of kept right on reading. You are one very gifted writer.

God Bless You Love Eva

PS: I was wondering what the message was in the bottle, you left me wanting to hear more.

condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

Re: "A DAY JOURNEY."

Post by condorfromtheandes » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:53 am

Hi Eva,
Oh! Yes? Do you really like my story, and want to hear more about the message in the bottle?
Thank you so much for reading my short passage and saying lovely things about it!
You see this is my special technique to leave the reader wondering about what happens...
I guess pirates left messages in bottles long ago when they were all over the Caribbean Sea.
I love to write about pirates stories :lol: , but this is a Christian Forum, you see...
Anyway, I am happy to know you enjoy reading my passage. Perhaps, I'll write more one day...
God may always bless you, my dear friend Eva, and those you love.
WARM HUGS,
MS. MONICA.
Condorfromtheandes.