A Smiling Face

Post your stories here.
Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

A Smiling Face

Post by Pokey's Heart » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:36 am

A Smiling Face

I was in a local store the other day getting my furry, four-legged friends some food. It was a busy time of the day and instead of just running in and out I found myself behind three other people in the checkout line. I didn’t really mind, though, when I saw that one of my favorite cashiers was on duty. This cashier always takes the time to give you a few kind words and a warm smile along with your change. There is no extra charge for the pleasantness, cheerfulness, and goodness she gives even though they are the most valuable things in the store.

As I was waiting to checkout I glanced at one of the magazines on the rack. I noticed it had a female celebrity wearing a gem studded gown worth four times as much as my friendly cashier could make in a year. When I looked at it, however, I couldn’t help but think that nothing on that dress sparkled as brightly or shined as beautifully as that cashier’s joyful smile.

In this life everyone is our teacher. Some teach us how to live and some teach us how not to live. I think that both the celebrity and the cashier taught me the same thing that day. They both taught me that it is far less important how we dress up our lives and far more important how we live our lives. What use, after all, is an eighty thousand dollar evening gown that will be worn only once. A smile can be worn every single day and its uses are never ending. It can uplift a hurting heart. It can bring laughter to a weary soul. It can share the warm glow of friendship. It can reconnect us to the human family. It can show us just how beautiful life can be. It can remind us just how much God loves us, and it can open a window inside of us so that the light and joy of Heaven can enter.

Don’t spend too much time or money dressing up your life then. Spend your time living it instead. Remember the most beautiful things we can wear are a loving heart and a smiling face.

~ Joseph J. Mazzella ~
"I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

izzyfalcon
Diamond Member

Re: A Smiling Face

Post by izzyfalcon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:39 am

A Wonderful Word; for this day!....

It is known, also,...that, it even takes, less physical strain, on our facial muscles; to smile, than to frown. God, is in the,..."Physics",...of, all things!....

So, even for all those,...so-called, "Lazy",...people; this, is a very heart-warming message. To them, we say: "Remember, it takes less effort,...to smile!"....

I also, Ms. Denise; have encountered, few, but,...very special people, of God: while, shopping at my nearby, local Super-Market. You can't help, notice, their godly demeanor; as they brighten-up the immediate atmosphere: with, praises to Almighty God,...as they, effortlessly perform their duties.

We, (the Faithful),...are automatically drawn to them, and once they recognize that, we are one in the same, (in our Faith); more than ever,...they, shine!.... These types of,..."Warriors",...aren't ashamed to utter,..."God-Bless-You",...openly and limitlessly. Mother and I, are always greeted, by a particular gentleman, (of, retired-age), who is a store-bagger; yet,...you would swear, he owned the place. His genuine affection for us,....is inmeasurable!....

He, has confessed to me, (in the past),...that, all of his adult Life, he used to work, for money; but, that now,...he works, at this Super-Store; simply, because it is fun: and, that the day, he no longer enjoys, what he is doing,...he, would quit!.... I personally believe, that if that day comes, it's only because, our Lord has called him,...Home!....

We exchange, pleasantries; each and every time, making us feel, like family: and, he receives,...with much Joy,...many of my written, (drafts), passages: which, I devote to our Lord, on this Website!....

My day, is made complete; from, these simple and savory,...experiences!....

Fellowship, is of our Father, (in Heaven);and, as we imitate Him, here on Earth: I end by saying,..."God, is Good!"....

Your Friend,

Izzy!...

Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Amen, brother Izzy, and folks like that are shining examples of God loving/living through us. and it has been in my mind lately that every single person on earth has God qualities in them.

We just need to feed the good to bring it out in some folks. (as well as ourselves) When we scatter seeds of goodness and love, well, folks just tend to flourish in that atmosphere.

God made us in His image, and we should always try to look for the good in others and help each other to bring it to the forefront. That spirit within each of us that craves only good is just waiting to be fed a nice warm meal..one that will sustain even the giver, to keep on spreading the warmth of love and hope.

God bless you, Izzy, and I pray your Mom and you have a day filled with many blessings such as the fruit of the spirit you've experienced in others, and scatter yourself.

izzyfalcon
Diamond Member

Post by izzyfalcon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:16 pm

Dear Ms. Denise;

May our Heavenly Father,...over-shadow your Household, with His Spirit!....

May He, usher-in,...His Army of Angels; to guard and keep, each of your members, from harm's way!....

And, may our Hope,...never be, in Vain; as, the much believed-in,..."Victory",...is, ours!....

Your Friend,

Izzy!....

Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 pm

God bless you so very much, Izzy, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayerful requests on our behalf. Jeff and I pray for you and your family as well. Have a super weekend!

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 pm

I love this write, Pokers !! In my pictures, I'm always smiling, I know....but that's because I find so much to smile about. I have permanent "smile wrinkles", too...I've earned 'em so I claim 'em !! When I worked as a cashier many years ago, say back in the 90's, I loved my job ! It was heavy work, but I was one-on-one with each customer, and I just couldn't help but greet each one with a smile. I know what you mean by that cashier...so many people asked me how I could smile doing the job I did...I would tell them that God gave me an ability to love meeting people, and there wasn't anything I couldn't smile about. Oh, I had my frowning times, but in all, I have found that God makes smilers ! He sends them out into the world to give people that one thing that can make or break their day. Just a few weeks ago, I was at a doctor's office, and one lady remarked, "You have such a beautiful smile !". Now, wasn't that nice ? I thanked her and said that God gave it to me.

Yakking off my head again...lol !! In essence, I agree with you and Izzy 100% ... smiling takes less muscles, less effort, makes you feel good and projects unto others a joy from God.

I love you, girl....Linner :D :) :) :) :lol: :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:29 pm

linner, to quote a wonderful friend of mine "a comment from you is a thing of sheer beauty" :D And...I'm smiling! :D Yes, we have so much to smile about, and it is a gift from God up above. And I love it when you "yak!"

I love you too,
Pokers

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:38 pm

LOL....THANKS, GIRL !!! HEY, REMEMBER THAT SONG ABOUT THE SAXOPHONE ?? "YAKKETY YAK " ??? HEEE HEEEEEEEE !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:24 am

"Don't talk back"...yep, I'm old enuf to remember I forgot that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug Holt
Diamond Member

Post by Doug Holt » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:08 am

A wonderful Story to share dear Demise

A SMILE COST NOTHING

IT IS CONTAGIOUS

AND COULD MAKE A DIFFERANCE

:D TO SOMEBODIES DAY. :D

thanks for making a differance Denise

brings back many memories of been a supermarket manager

:lol:

Love in the Lords name

Doug
Thoughts Are Living Things With Wings.

You Are Never Alone. When You Think Of Others

And They Think Of You.

No Matter Where You Are

GOD Is With YOU All The Time.

Doug Holt

poet1108
Platinum Member

Post by poet1108 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:06 am

I read this post by Joseph J. Mazzella, Pokey, and it took me way way back in time to remembering the words I sang as a brownie......they went something like this......I have something in my pocket, it's been there quite a while, so now I'll turn around and put it on, it's a great big Brownie SMILE!......Thanks for sharing this and it is so much better to wear an upside down frown!! Smile!.....Blessings for a great day.....KayD
Last edited by poet1108 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poet1108--Kay A Davis

Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:10 pm

What a wonderful smile you all have brought to my face with all your comments. God bless us all with many smiles to come, many smiles to share, and many smiles to wear.

I love the brownie song, Kay, and Doug, I worked in a supermarket for many years too, and customer service was what brought folks back. I know you had to have been just an awesome manager.

poet1108
Platinum Member

Post by poet1108 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:26 pm

Pokey: That brownie song seemed like it was missing words.....so I did an internet search. Here is that song now with the correct words:

I've got something in my pocket,
That belongs across my face.
And I keep it very close to me,
In a most convenient place!
I bet you'll never guess it
If you guessed a long, long while,
So I'll take it out and put it on,
It's a great big, brownie smile!

And I'd rather see a smile and even give one even to strangers that I meet, for when I give one away, it comes often times back to me......Blessings again as we just keep on smiling........KayD
Poet1108--Kay A Davis

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Denise,
What a wonderful message and I agree, I will take that smile any day, that is something you just can't put a price tag on!
God Bless You Love Eva

Sharlee
Silver Member

Post by Sharlee » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:24 pm

What a wonderful story. A lot of truth in this. So many think if only they had more money then they would be happy. We owned a Tavern for many years and made good money but we were miserable and without Jesus coming into both our lives, we would no longer be together. He is a miracle working God and He set us free from the strangle hold the devil had on us. I praise Him daily for His love, grace and mercy. I know what a smile can mean to a person. Sometimes it can make their day.

In His love,
Sharlee