Memories of The Flood according to Japheth's wife

Post your stories here.
Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Memories of The Flood according to Japheth's wife

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Memories of The Flood according to Japheth’s wife

My father n’ law is one of the nicest men you’d ever expect to meet. He is the closest man to GOD I ever met. He used to be so light-hearted and carefree, until that day.
My father n’ law introduced Japheth and me, and I could tell from our first meeting, Japheth’s father would be very protective of me. He worked hard in the fields daily, until that day.

It was a day like any other, but the weeks that followed were spent carrying out what he was commissioned to do. I asked my father n’ law what had changed and he told me to go collect my two sister n’ laws and their husbands and to come back together quickly and he would explain, so I did. He sat us down and told us in detail what GOD commanded him to do. Noah had a look on his face I had not seen before: it was one as if set in steel, for his mind was made up he would work day and night as long as it took until the barge-shaped boat was finished. Noah insisted soberly, there was coming a flood of water to destroy all the earth and all who were on it who would not believe and obey GOD to prepare themselves.

Many laughed and scorned at the idea of rain, much less a flood, for all any of us had ever seen was the fresh morning dew on our lands. Sure enough, years later, after the ark was around four-hundred fifty feet long, and all the animals were inside, along with Japheth, myself, Ham, Shem, Noah and his wife, GOD sent down rain. Waves of loosened dirt and trees slid down hillsides burying trees, plants, and sadly, people by the thousands. Huge supplies of water stored underground came gushing out, causing the earth’s crust to buckle, unleashing horrific volcanic eruptions and massive earthquakes like never before or since then.

I will never forget the sounds as long as I live. The thunders nor the lightening bolts stick out in my mind, although constant and for many long days. No, it is not implanted in my very soul, but deeply in my inmost being are the cries and knocks on the door of the ark that Noah built. Oh, if only you knew how many tears my father n’ law has cried over these unrepentant sinners. He begged and pleaded for them to get right with GOD, to no avail. Noah allowed himself only short naps day after day and night after night, as he felt compelled to usher in as many souls into the boat as he could, but none would listen to his desperate pleas.

Thousands of people’s voices were heard in torment during the flood, day after day, and night after night. It seemed like an eternity. And I will never forget it, neither will the other seven on the ark.
Some said, before the flood waters came, “You are just trying to frighten us Noah with your gloom and doom messages, but GOD is a GOD of love Who does not delight in the destruction of His creation.” Others insisted, “How could waters get so high? And besides, why would GOD create people, just to drown them later, just because they don’t do everything just right? He knows we can’t be perfect.”

Oh, Woe! Woe to the world, for they would not see. Woe is the world, for they would not believe that a flood was predicted by JEHOVAH GOD Himself. The cries and the screams replaced their mockings and scornings, O, but when GOD shuts the door, it is too late. Too late!

©GOD’s grace in Dawn Gwin 05-20-2010

Last edited by Happy Holmes1 on Fri May 21, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't let someone's dill pickle make your sweet one, sour! -Happy's Thoughts!

RLBEST
Registered Member

Re: Memories of The Flood according to Japheth's wife

Post by RLBEST » Thu May 20, 2010 11:28 pm

Dawn,
I love this beautiful piece of art. We have all read about Noah and the ark. And many have painted some outstanding pictures of it. But I have never seen anyone paint a picture like you just did. Don't ever stop writing but you have a gift from God to paint a picture with words and give us a story from the Bible from a different perspective. Thank you for writing and sharing this...God Bless You...Rob
Jesus is the author, I am just the pen.

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Fri May 21, 2010 6:27 am

ImageImage
I always wanted to paint, and the Lord blessed me with your words to let me know, maybe He has helped me paint afterall. I'm sure glad you liked this. -Dawn

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Fri May 21, 2010 7:24 am

Dawn,
I LOVED this it was so Wonderful to read this from a different view, you have a Awesome way of sharing Gods word through your Amazing stories, I really enjoyed this so much!

God Bless You Love Eva

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Fri May 21, 2010 9:16 am

Image Dear Eva, I sure appreciate you, thank you!
-Dawn

Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Post by Janice Kennedy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:08 pm

WOW, Dearest D.D. I just love the way you wrote this story
about Noah and the ark, thru the eyes of one of his daughter-in-laws.
Yes, Father God is always blessing people from all over the world; with the
wonderful stories, poems and songs that HE gives you, to share with
all of us. This is one of the few stories that you have been blessed with
that I have not read before.

I really enjoy reading some of the older poems and stories here. They
are still such a great blessing. Even thought I read many, I usually don't
comment on them. This one caught my eye because it is about Noah.
Why would that catch my eye? Because my maiden name is Noah.
When I was a child in school some would tease me, by calling me
either; Janice no nothing or Janice no it all. Of course they did it out of
meanness. But what they didn't know was that it did not bother me.

You are such a great, yet humble servant of our Father God. I love you so much
my Dear Sweet D.D. Love Mama Jay

GLYASDI, Jan ))(( )))(((
Attachments
Noah in the Ark.jpg
Noah in the Ark.jpg (27.63 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME

bruce741
Registered Member

Post by bruce741 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:57 am

I LOVED this it was so Wonderful to read this from a different view, you have a Awesome way of sharing Gods word through your Amazing stories, I really enjoyed this so much!

https://www.facebook.com/ECCouncil
brain dumps.com