When That Time Comes . . .

Post your stories here.
DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

When That Time Comes . . .

Post by DeaconSteve » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:59 pm

Every single human being that has been created and given life on this earth was gifted here by the breath of God, His love manifested as only God knows and can do. Every singe person since Adam and Eve, regardless if you believe in God or not; regardless if you are a Christian, atheist, or Jew. And no matter how your conception came about, whether out of the love of a mother and father, whether out of any horrible circumstance such a rape or incest, or some other horrific act, the life that had or has their first breath, was breathe here by God. There is nothing that can dispute this truth, not any reason by any human person, because humans cannot comprehend the mindset of a Higher Being, and the only Higher Being is God Himself.

So, our life is a gift from God, no matter how old we age, how young we stay, how intelligent we have been blessed to be, no matter what skill, what talent, what pursuit of our own, we have and always will remain a child of God.

In the course of our lives, your life as well, many things have come to be, some for the good and some not so good, but most were a result of choices that we have made, that you have made. Some, by the will of others (of which you had no control of), but nonetheless you have either lived your life or are still living it to the fullest. And you have reaped the fruits of your endeavors, whether for your own personal gain or for your conceived aspirations for you, and if that be the case, your family.

Did you live life with the conviction that you had to have it all, the material things, the ego, the personality, the character, the perceptions, the judgments, the righteousness? Did you put these things before all else? Before others? Before family? Before God? Did you consider God to be a presence in your journey, the most important presence in your journey? Or did you seek Him out only in difficult times, difficult moments? Can you, can we, can I say that my life was lived in such a way, that others were drawn to Jesus? Or were they drawn to just me? Was I, by my actions, example, moral convictions (based on the teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ), was I Jesus to other people. Were you?

Did I live out those teachings as fully as I possibly could, or did I just pick and choose what I thought that I needed? Did you? Did you claim your children for Christ, through baptism of water and of the Holy Spirit? Or did you just push that responsibility onto them, thinking that they would find Him at some point in their lives?

And so it is or so it was, and now here you are, unbeknown to you perhaps, whether at an early age of an older one, perhaps without even realizing that it has arrived, not prepared, or if prepared; yet, who is to know the difference, and for that matter, at this point it really doesn't make a difference. You are now faced with the reality of what is now, and what is to come, perhaps soon, maybe a bit longer, but nonetheless you find yourself facing that reality, "Your Journey is at or near it's completion."

So, when that time comes . . . What then? What next? What now?
And you realize this . . .

There are no more dreams to be dreamt . . .
No more mountains to climb . . .
no more goals to reach . . .
no more things to be attached to . . .
your car, home, money, achievements, goals . . .
sides to take, politics to stand by, arguments to win;
nothing more for you to accomplish, because what you did accomplish, no matter what that was, won't make any difference now, at least not to you, or to me, or to anyone else.

When that time comes, you will know. You will see before you a Presence, maybe be a bit alarmed, perhaps very much at peace with that Presence, but it will be there, even if it only last a split second. When that times comes, nothing you have done in this life, nothing that you have personally gained will have any significance now.

The only significant aspect of any meaning will be the moment, alone with that Presence, the presence of Him, of our Lord Jesus, arms reaching out, ready to take you home! But then, that is not all! There is our day of final judgment, the day, the time, the moment when all of humankind will be standing before our Lord, to hear Him say: "Did you feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, comfort the lonely, visit those in prison? Did you clothe the naked, love your enemies, visit and pray for the sick, attend to the broken hearted? For whatsoever you did for the least of these, My brethren, you did to or for Me!

And you might wonder "Am I ready, have I lived my life in a way that He will be joyously opening His arms and heart to my leaving this world?"

When that time comes . . .
You will know!

Steve A. Politte
copyright 12/2016

Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

izzyfalcon
Diamond Member

Re: When That Time Comes . . .

Post by izzyfalcon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:10 pm

Very Well Written!...

My Brother, the Dead,...truly know, nothing!... Upon our Resurrection, only our works,...do follow us; both the good and/or bad works!...

Yes, Judgment,...a much dreaded thing, for many; yet, for others,...an event: much looked forward, to. For, we are promised,...Rewards!... Funny, how our Father-in-Heaven,...knows mankind; enough to know, that we are driven by,...Rewards!...

Yes, for those few,...like you, my brother; it will be a Day-and-Hour, of much Rejoicing!... Our truest calling, lies in the duty and obligation,...to lead-with-love; those who today, stand-still,...undecided.

I thank, Almighty-God,...that, the Faithful; persevere. And, that together,...we continue to encourage; all peoples, with the necessary strengths,...to pull us, thru-and-thru: even in our moments, of weakness!...

For, I believe the most powerful prayer,...is one of sincerity; we when utter the words, "Lord, help us. Even in our brief moments, of unbelief!"... Amen.

Your Friend,
Izzy!...

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:56 pm

Thank you Izzy for taking the time to view this poem, and for your input. Yes, as for me, when my time comes to leave this early dwelling, I am ready to celebrate the joyous life of eternal life with our Lord God in heaven, and all of those who have gone before me. However, I am still here, taking it just one day at a time, trying to serve our Lord Jesus as is His will as best I can, given this cancer. Thanks. Take care.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

izzyfalcon
Diamond Member

Post by izzyfalcon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:13 pm

By His stripes, we are Healed!...

How is it, that so many,...still live, afflicted?...

Why is it, that those who serve the Cause,...are tested, the most?...

Doesn't seem fair, at all. Yet, we are asked to be content. Despite our personal afflictions, be them diseases and/or any other "Thorn",...in our side.

It keeps us, humble,...that's for sure. Were it to be removed, perhaps we wouldn't be so devoted. Suffering is the Way of the Cross!... But, we don't have to like it. Nobody said, that embracing these hard-truths was going to be easy.

Nor, that Salvation is for everyone. Our hearts-and-minds are tried, as gold is refined,...after it's been put; thru the purifying fires.

I pray that, we understand fully. We live a Hope, one that culminates in the here-after. My brother, I ask our Saviour,...to lessen your burdens; to help you carry, this heavy-load. And, for Jesus, not to forget that Simon, from the city of Cyrene,...was called out; actually ordered, by the Roman Soldiers, to assist our Lord,...in carrying His own Cross!...(Here we see, how even our enemies; can at times, be part of the necessary circumstances,...regarding: our much needed, help from others)...

And, so,...together; we shall walk this straight and narrow path, never forgetting what has been put,...before us... Just as Jesus, was given the vision of His pending rewards and Glory, in that Garden,...in those last moments; so must we, also,...not lose sight: of our promised, eternal tomorrows!...

But, meanwhile,...we remain, steadfast; here on Earth, striving daily to overcome all obstacles, all challenges, and to remember the very word of,..."Disease!"... In my eyes, defined as lacking the presence of,...otherwise being, at,..."Ease!"...

Yes, without "Ease",...the majority, live. So, we ask for The Father's own,...Peace. May it, right now,...touch your spirit; may you know, without a shadow of a doubt,...that, God: is with you, always...
Even, till the very end of this present-age. Not, as this world knows peace,...but; the Father's own, Glorious-Peace!... The very same, which overflows all throughout His Kingdom!...

Cancer or no Cancer, your Love for others, my brother,...is greater, than; any given aspect of our present, fallen-state. Healing, starts in the mind of the believer. From there, it then spreads all throughout,...our person; I pray that, you begin to believe more-and-more,...in the Power: of your own, exercised Faith!...

The same Faith, which drives you,...to continue serving others; this Faith, Heals!...

It is through the act, of doing for others, that we inadvertently,...begin to do; for ourselves. As we share, this learned,...Love-of-God!... Don't despair, we give unto others,...yet, sometimes; our own cup, dries-up.

Today, I pray that your cup,...be filled; with the same level of Faith, which Jesus possessed,...as He: underwent all of His personal tests-and-trials...Never removing His sights, from the big-picture. Always looking forward, and beyond the Horizon!...

For, as we stand of His shoulders,...it is from there; that we can clearly see, our tomorrow,...nearing!...Amen.

Your Brother,
Izzy!...

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Thank you again Izzy. However my situation is not a heavy load, it is called "Life." To live life to the fullest we must deal with the good and the not so good in our lives; people get sick, people die, infants, toddlers, teens, and adults. If we are living our life as Jesus taught us to live, there is no fear of dying. For those who don't, well, that's up to God. I thank you for your prayer. Have a great day.

izzyfalcon
Diamond Member

Post by izzyfalcon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:57 pm

I'm so glad, that you are at,..."Peace!"... With all of your, circumstances... We are as pilgrims, just passing thru... I pray that, others whom surround you,...also come, to understand; that this present life, if but truly a vapor,...rising to the sky; brief in its duration... Godspeed in all of your endeavors!... Keep feeding the flock in your ministry, as the lamb shall become sheep,...mature in spiritual understanding; with God's Grace, shed upon all that you pursue!...Amen.

Have a Great-Day!...