MY EASTER PRAYER

Post your Christian poetry here.
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

MY EASTER PRAYER

Post by Brenda Pike » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:34 am

MY EASTER PRAYER

Lord Jesus, I come to you in humbleness and gratitude…
In my mind’s eye, seeing you hang on the cross brings great pain and sorrow to my heart. I do not understand how so many witnessing your brutal death could endure the sight of your suffering.
Even the disciples denied you, leaving you alone to face this trial of unwarranted agony. They knew your kindness, miracles, and glory, yet did nothing. I would have died by your side, Jesus.

As I ponder the truth of the cross, I wonder, could your life have been somehow spared? Could there have been a different outcome for you, and for us? What if the crowd had stepped forward, and shouted, "We’ll die with Jesus!" Would God have found favor with His children, and spared your life? If they had only believed you were the true Messiah—the Son of God, could life on earth have been far different than now?

I ponder these questions, thinking how wonderful it would be for you, Jesus, to walk in our very midst again. I can only imagine the joy, and harmony of your presence. This universe would have been so different throughout the ages were you to have been given eternal life to dwell among us.

I know you are walking with us now through the Holy Spirit, and we need to recognize your presence in that manner. I know you are with us everywhere we go, and when we see many suffering and in need, we should ask ourselves if the man lying hungry on the street represents you, Jesus? Or the child abandoned by parents or abused, are they you, Jesus, reaching out to us, testing our empathy and helpfulness?

Yes, Lord, we know we are a disappointment to you in so many ways, and that you knew man would fail you just as Adam & Eve disobeyed you in the perfect world you provided them, and even your disciples turned their backs on you in the Garden of Gethsemane. I am so sorry for their choices.

I thank you, God the Father, for your wisdom, and the life you afford us—proving you love us because you sent your son, Jesus, to be our Lord and Savior. Amen

Brenda Clark Pike
©2012
_PRAYING FOR YOU.jpg
_PRAYING FOR YOU.jpg (8.38 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
Last edited by Brenda Pike on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

poet1108
Platinum Member

Re: MY EASTER PRAYER

Post by poet1108 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:37 am

Brenda: Beautifully written heartfelt prayer.....blessings in all you do.....KayD
Poet1108--Kay A Davis

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Brenda,
WOW! I really loved this and like you I wonder what it would be like if He was here like He was in a human body when He died for us! This is so good.
God Bless You Love Eva

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:01 pm

KAY, THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT. BLESSING TO YOU AND YOURS IN THIS EASTER SEASON. LOVE BRENDA

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:04 pm

EVA, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND COMMENT. OH, I THINK IF JESUS WAS HERE IN THE FLESH WITH US HOW MUCH DIFFERENT OUR WORLD WOULD BE. HAVE A WONDERFUL EASTER SEASON DEAR FRIEND. LOVE BRENDA

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:26 pm

BRENDA, I'VE NEVER READ A MORE HEARTFELT, TRUTHFUL AND HONEST PRAYER IN MY WHOLE LIFE. I KNOW GOD LOVES YOU FOR THIS TRIBUTE PRAYER TO HIS SON. YOU WERE BLESSED BEFORE, BUT YOU HAVE TO BE TOTALLY BLESSED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT NOW, FOR WHAT YOU HAVE SHARED HERE. IT'S AN AMAZING PRAYER, AND MOST BEFITTING FOR EASTER. I LOVE WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN, BRENDA...

LOVE ALWAYS, LINDA :D :wink: ))(( )))(((

GOD'S HANDS WITH WATER AND GOLDEN ROSE.gif
GOD'S HANDS WITH WATER AND GOLDEN ROSE.gif (282.01 KiB) Viewed 2026 times
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:27 am

DEAR LINDA, THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND AND LOVING COMMENT. I KNOW I SPEND A LOT OF TIME TALKING WITH THE LORD EVERY DAY. I TALK WITH HIM MORE THAN I DO MY HUSBAND. HA! HA! :D I KNOW HE IS ALIVE IN SPIRIT AND THE DAY HE ARRIVES FOR US WILL BE A GLOROUS DAY. AS YOU KNOW I'VE HAD SEVERAL ENCOUNTERS WITH THE LORD IN THE PAST AND KNOW OF HIS LOVE AND GLORY. THE ONE PERSON I'M TRYING TO LEAD TO JESUS IN HER LIFE IS OUR FRIEND, B, IS ALL I'LL SAY. GOD GIVE ME THE GUIDANCE TO PUT THE LORD JESUS IN HER LIFE. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR WONDERFUL WORDS. GOD BLESS YOU.
LOVE BRENDA