SHIRLEY'S DAD HAS PASSED...HE IS HOME WITH THE LORD.

Post your Christian poetry here.
Linner
Diamond Member

SHIRLEY'S DAD HAS PASSED...HE IS HOME WITH THE LORD.

Post by Linner » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:48 am

Hello everyone...I have sad news, yet glad news to share...

I just got off the phone with Shirley...she called me to let me know that her Dad passed at 3:15 this morning. I told her I would put the announcement on Hugs to let you know. James went peacefully, with the help of morphine, and it was the way he wanted it to be. His wife was with him at the time, she has been there since he went into the hospital. Now she is alone, and will need our prayers at this time. Her name is Barbara Waltrous.

So, here we are blessing our Lord Jesus again for bringing another one of his children Home for the promised Eternity in His Kingdom. Shirley is comforted in that fact, and that her Dad is now with her Mom and brother, the one that was killed so many years ago. Jimmy.

I found a lovely poem to share with you and Shirley at this time:

God bless, and please keep up your prayers...Love, Linda ))(( )))(((

THE HEAVENLY CITY

God has gently called your loved one away,
It is a Joyous thought to now realize;
To close the eyes here in this world,
Is only to open them again...in Paradise.

The pain and suffering now are gone,
There's no tears nor night anymore;
Your dear one said, "good-night" here and then,
Received a warm Welcome to Heaven's shore.

Your loved has now met Jesus, our Saviour,
While the Heavenly Choir of Angels sing;
Walking the streets of that beautiful City,
Joyful in heart as Heavenly voices ring.

Joining now to sing with the Angels there,
This Heavenly Land is peaceful and grand;
Waiting to Welcome you there, too, someday,
Smiling and rejoicing ~ holding to God's hand.

Your loved one will be greatly missed,
We sorrow not as those who have no Hope;
Your loving hands have done all they could do,
The Comforter will come to help you cope.

God is with you each moment of the day,
He wants you to continue on as best you can;
Trust in Him through each lonely hour,
You will meet again ~ Trust in His Divine Plan.

Leona I. Miller
Last edited by Linner on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Re: SHIRLEY'S DAD HAS PASSED...HE IS HOME.

Post by Pokey's Heart » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:22 am

Shirley, we send our deepest condolences to you and your family. May God wrap His arms around you and comfort you at this sad time. We love you always,
Pokey and Jeff
SympathyGodsLove.jpg
SympathyGodsLove.jpg (62.81 KiB) Viewed 4853 times
"I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:10 am

Dear Shirley, may our sweet Lord, and GOD of all comfort, send His Spirit to embrace you with His enablement, with His strength, and help during this time and beyond as needed. Precious Shirley, you haven't lost something if you know where it is. George and I love you and are praying for you and hurting with you.
-Dawn
Attachments
Angel Hugs.jpg
Angel Hugs.jpg (32.24 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
Don't let someone's dill pickle make your sweet one, sour! -Happy's Thoughts!

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:52 am

Shirley,
My prayers goes out to you and your family at this sad time. I pray for God's peace that passes all understanding to be with all of you. Remember that a goodbye down here will lead to a Hello one day again in Heaven God promises us that. When my Dad went home I was grateful because I knew he had suffered enough and was now with God where he was happy.

God Bless You All Love You Eva

poet1108
Platinum Member

Post by poet1108 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Linner: Thank you so much for being there for Shirely and helping her in the end times. And thank you for posting the comforting words by Leona Miller, who so aptly describes those end time feelings of not only sadness at the loved one's leaving this earth but at the promise of meeting that loved one again in Heaven.

Shirley, those of us who have lost a parent more than understand and share in your feelings of loss yet celebration to know that your dad is no longer suffering but indeed has gone to his Heavenly home where he has been made completely whole and has the joy of reconnecting with those who went before him. Our prayers will continue and we pray that our Father God will continue to give you and your family the physical and emotional strength to get through this time.....Blessings to all......KayD
Poet1108--Kay A Davis

condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

Post by condorfromtheandes » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Dear Sister in the Lord, Pastor Shirley,

I have recently spoken with you on the phone a couple of times.
One time was last night. We spoke for about an hour...
I had a dream during the night. Then, I called you this morning.
I dreamt that your father would be embraced by the Lord.
I rushed early this morning to give you a call to see the updates.
You were crying. You told me the sad news.....
I have given you my deepest condolences over the phone.
Now, I also write this message for you.
I could hear the Lord in my dreams calling your dad to His Kingdom
in Heaven last night. I was scared, frightened in a way.
I prayed, because I wanted your father to be healed.
I have been thinking of you and praying for your dad, your family
and for you too, Shirley. I am at lost in words. I can feel your pain.
I am in pain too, just feeling your deep pain in your heart.
I shall always be with you in the good times, in the sad or bad times as well,
my dear friend and sister in the Lord, Pastor Shirley.
I express my deep condolences to you, and your family as well.
Our Heavenly Father has a newborn baby, a new arrival today in His Everlasting Home.
God may bless you all, dear Pastor Shirley!!
(((Prayers going your way.)))
Monica Bertrand.
Condorfromtheandes.

sillysal47
Registered Member

Post by sillysal47 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:06 pm

"I go before you to prepare a place that where I go, you may follow."

Prayers.

condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

Post by condorfromtheandes » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:33 pm

Thank you, sweet dearest friend, Linda for posting this beautiful poem
for our dear sister in the Lord, Pastor Shirley!!
At times of grieving and mourning, true friends are always there, Linda.
Thank you for posting your heartfelt words for all Net Hugs everlasting friends!!
God may bless you all!!
Prayers,
Monica Bertrand.
Condorfromtheandes.

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:43 pm

Monica, I didn't write that poem. I found it online for Shirley and her family...it was written by a lady named Leona I. Miller. Her name is at the end of the poem, she wrote it in 2004. Thanks anyway !!

Love, Linda :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:23 pm

My deepest sympathy and love to Shirley and her family and great joy in knowing they have peace in their hearts with the assurance that He is safe in the arms of Jesus. May God's everloving arms hold them all close.
Love, Shirley B

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Re: SHIRLEY'S DAD HAS PASSED...HE IS HOME WITH THE LORD.

Post by Shirley Shaw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:07 pm

Linner wrote:Image

Hello everyone...I have sad news, yet glad news to share...

I just got off the phone with Shirley...she called me to let me know that her Dad passed at 3:15 this morning. I told her I would put the announcement on Hugs to let you know. James went peacefully, with the help of morphine, and it was the way he wanted it to be. His wife was with him at the time, she has been there since he went into the hospital. Now she is alone, and will need our prayers at this time. Her name is Barbara Waltrous.

So, here we are blessing our Lord Jesus again for bringing another one of his children Home for the promised Eternity in His Kingdom. Shirley is comforted in that fact, and that her Dad is now with her Mom and brother, the one that was killed so many years ago. Jimmy.

I found a lovely poem to share with you and Shirley at this time:

God bless, and please keep up your prayers...Love, Linda ))(( )))(((

THE HEAVENLY CITY

God has gently called your loved one away,
It is a Joyous thought to now realize;
To close the eyes here in this world,
Is only to open them again...in Paradise.

The pain and suffering now are gone,
There's no tears nor night anymore;
Your dear one said, "good-night" here and then,
Received a warm Welcome to Heaven's shore.

Your loved has now met Jesus, our Saviour,
While the Heavenly Choir of Angels sing;
Walking the streets of that beautiful City,
Joyful in heart as Heavenly voices ring.

Joining now to sing with the Angels there,
This Heavenly Land is peaceful and grand;
Waiting to Welcome you there, too, someday,
Smiling and rejoicing ~ holding to God's hand.

Your loved one will be greatly missed,
We sorrow not as those who have no Hope;
Your loving hands have done all they could do,
The Comforter will come to help you cope.

God is with you each moment of the day,
He wants you to continue on as best you can;
Trust in Him through each lonely hour,
You will meet again ~ Trust in His Divine Plan.

Leona I. Miller

Thank you so much, Dear Sis Linners, for posting this...The Poem written by Leona is absolutely Beautiful too...I thank you much, for always being here for me too.(Well, Tomorrow, Nov. 2nd, is the big Day,for my Dad! I wl. be doing His Eulogy/Funeral,and we have finally gotten everything together..The time is@1:00PM....I believe his service wl. be very lovley ! After I recite the Eulogy,etc., and that is over, then there wl. be a 21-gun Salute, in Honor of My Dad,and I bought flowers, red & white carnations, baby breath, etc. to match the Veterans Flag, that wl. be given to my Stepmom, Barbara ! It took us a bit, but we finally got it all in order , with Gods', help !Thank You Again, Dear Linners ! Love You Much, Sis...God Bless"..Your Sis,"Pastor Shirley ann shaw~~

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Pokey's Heart wrote:Shirley, we send our deepest condolences to you and your family. May God wrap His arms around you and comfort you at this sad time. We love you always,
Pokey and Jeff
SympathyGodsLove.jpg
Thank You so Much, Dear Denise & Jeff...I surely do appreciate it, and Love You Both, Also !Tomorrow, Nov. 2nd, is My Dads' Funeral..I wl. be doing his Eulogy/Funeral...We really had to cut some corners, even though my Dad ws a Veteran,they informed us that they didn't pay for the casket, or the opening & closing of it..My Dad ws content, cause he thought everything ws all covered, but we finally found a way to do it, with Gods', help...It ws My Stepmom and Me, but God helped us, through it ! Thank You again.."God Bless You Both"...I am also Praying for Your Mom,I believe, is what I got from Karen..I Pray everything comes out alright and to the good ! Love & Blessings, Your Friend/Sis,"Pastor Shirley ann shaw~~~

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Happy Holmes1 wrote:Dear Shirley, may our sweet Lord, and GOD of all comfort, send His Spirit to embrace you with His enablement, with His strength, and help during this time and beyond as needed. Precious Shirley, you haven't lost something if you know where it is. George and I love you and are praying for you and hurting with you.
-Dawn

Dear Dawn;
Thank You, so much, for the Prayers, and the comforting words ! I appreciate it so much ! We finally got everything all together, and hope all goes well...I know that My Dad is in Heaven , with The rest of My Family, and I think it has really helped me, just by knowing this ! It is really nice to hear from You, and George ! Tomorrow,Nov. 2nd,is My Dads' Funeral@1:00 PM..I Pray for a nice sun shiny day also ! Thanks again.."God Bless You Both, Dawn..Love, Your Friend/Sis in The Lord", "Pastor Shirley ann shaw~~~~

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Hope wrote:Shirley,
My prayers goes out to you and your family at this sad time. I pray for God's peace that passes all understanding to be with all of you. Remember that a goodbye down here will lead to a Hello one day again in Heaven God promises us that. When my Dad went home I was grateful because I knew he had suffered enough and was now with God where he was happy.

God Bless You All Love You Eva

Dearest Eva;
Thank you so much ! Your kind words, are also an Inspiration to me ! Yes, I know that someday, we wl. all be together, once again..At least my Dad isn't suffering any longer ! I Prayed to God, 3 days, before, this all happened, to please spare my Dad,and Be His Will, to please make him well, once again ! I ws sitting in my car, listening to some Music, for my own quiet time, and as soon as I Prayed this to God', the answer came to me, in my mind..The exact words were,"It Is Time For Your Dad To Come Home And Be With Your Mom" ! So, I ws already, kind of preparing myself, and he had been put on a Ventilator too. When they removed it, he hung on, for 2-days, and then passed Sat. morn.@3:15 Am..I got the call, and woke everyone up, to head to the Hospital..My Stepmom ws with Him.....I Know that He, is now, in a much better place..Thank You Again..'God Bless you Eva"..Your Friend/Sis,"Pastor Shirley an shaw~~

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:41 pm

poet1108 wrote:Linner: Thank you so much for being there for Shirely and helping her in the end times. And thank you for posting the comforting words by Leona Miller, who so aptly describes those end time feelings of not only sadness at the loved one's leaving this earth but at the promise of meeting that loved one again in Heaven.

Shirley, those of us who have lost a parent more than understand and share in your feelings of loss yet celebration to know that your dad is no longer suffering but indeed has gone to his Heavenly home where he has been made completely whole and has the joy of reconnecting with those who went before him. Our prayers will continue and we pray that our Father God will continue to give you and your family the physical and emotional strength to get through this time.....Blessings to all......KayD
Thank You so much, Dear Kay !Thank you for all of the Prayers too...I do surely appreciate it more than You know ! I sure do appreciate All Of You',too, My Sisters and Brothers', here@Nethugs ! I know that my Dad is in Heaven, because he ws a firm believer in God, and I I know that He is now reunited with the Family, and is @Peace ! Thank You again.."God Bless'..Your Friend/Sis,"Pastor Shirley ann shaw~~