As He lets me know I am in His care.

And when things don’t work for me just right
Or, at least, the way I’d planned;
Frustration and worry start to get me down
Til I feel the dear touch of my Master’s Hand

God lets me know that within this life
Things can’t always be as I want them to be
I’m gently reminded that He’s in control,
And He knows exactly what is best for me.

My faith wouldn’t have a chance to grow
If He kept me sheltered in a problem-free place;
I would miss the Joy of taking His Hand
And having my cares replaced with His grace,

The Hand of the Lord is faithful to guide me
When the path I trod becomes a rugged road;
And His Hands quickly take my burden away
When I began to stumble ‘neath its heavy load

Many times His strong Hands lifted me up
In the midst of my loneliness, sorrow and grief;
And gently held my crushed heart together
Giving me comfort, love, and blessed relief.

And sometimes God’s Hand had to rescue me
When I had carelessly slipped away;
There’s no place too far for His Hands to reach out
To retrieve His repenting, wandering stray.

Twas then I was held in the Hands of the Potter,
As He remolded and made new this vessel of clay.
Now I’m polished and clean, revived in my soul,
Ready to be used to show others the way.

The blessings can’t be counted, I’ve received from His Hands,
But each one is a gift of God’s love to His child;
And I praise my dear Father for every time I have felt
The precious touch of His Hands so tender and mild.

Praise and honor to God, my Father!
Shirley Adcock Baucom
© 10-2-10

Psalm 18:35, 36
Last edited by Shirley Baucom on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hope
Diamond Member

Re: The Touch Of My Father's Hands

Post by Hope » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:23 am

Shirley B,
This is so Beautiful! Nothing can compare with the touch of our Fathers Hands. I know I could not make it without Him and His loving touch. I really Love this it is so good and so full of God's Love for us.
I know so many will be blessed by this.

God Bless You Love Eva

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:03 am

Dear Eva, you are such a loving, dear friend. You always give me a lift. Can we even begin to comprehend how non-believers cope in this world full of heartache, tragedy, sickness, and evil...with no spiritual "eyes" to see the loving face of Jesus, and the work our heavenly Father does in and through our lives... and no spiritual "ears" to hear His loving words (and, often needed rebuke.) Sadly, there are lots of folks who have been redeemed by the Lord Jesus, but have never entered into a surrendered walk with Him to learn of and receive all the gifts of the Father, that we have been given through Jesus. Some never have the spiritual awareness in their hearts to sense and fill the touch of His hand.

I thank God for your beautiful testimony to the goodness and riches of God, and the lives you touch through your poetry and your comments. God's work through you has enriched my heart and soul and I pray He will also touch others through my new poem. I'm glad it spoke to your heart and I thank you for your loving comments.
Love and blessings, Shirley

RLDPoetry
Gold Member

Post by RLDPoetry » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Dear Lord, while reading Shirleys poem here I pray to you Jesus, that there will be a child of yours come to sit close to you, to ask You to come into their heart; for as they are struggling, remind me always that when I am struggling, that You are near, that I or anyone is never alone when we have You. Help all that come here to describe who You are, and not let me or anyone forget that we will never, ever, never, never ever be able to pay back to You what it cost in order for You to save our souls from death; Lord I come here with Shirley and others in prayer to ask for your help, for you guidance to help us show our love for You and help them see Your Light; to tell them it is much, much easier to follow You than to try to die daily. Lord see them in the wilderness, help them through the desert; Lord, never let me forget who I am who comes to You in Your sweet, sweet name that I come to You as Your little child, amen. Standing in Your Light always Lord Jesus, your daughter and sister to all, RaquelLeahDuPont
Last edited by RLDPoetry on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:24 pm

RaquelLeah, dear sister, what a blessing to open my post to find you here with you beautiful, powerful prayer. It is an honor to be a prayer sister with you and I know God will answer this precious prayer you have lifted to Him today. His Holy Spirit is so strong and powerful, and so ready and able to take our prayers for others and work in ways we could never comprehend. Our prayers are so precious to God, and it's awesome to be able to work with our Father, bringing others to Him through prayer. I pray for you, dear friend, that God will keep filling your heart and soul with His grace, power and love and may the Holy Spirit continue to inspire you and fill you with joy, making you the blessing that you are to all of us. May He help us all to stay focused on Jesus and keep our hearts open for cleansing and renewal, so we will stay strong in Him. You have brought much to my heart and I really thank you for your encouragement and love. God bless you , Shirley

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:01 pm

Twas then I was held in the Hands of the Potter,
As He remolded and made new this vessel of clay.
Now I’m polished and clean, revived in my soul,
Ready to be used to show others the way.

The blessings can’t be counted, I’ve received from His Hands,
But each one is a gift of God’s love to His child;
And I praise my dear Father for every time I have felt
The precious touch of His Hands so tender and mild.

O Shirley!!!!!!! This poem is SOoooooo beautiful girl!!!! Praise GOD I say!!! I love the whole thing, but it ends so reverently and joyous, WHEWwwww!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A BEAUTY THIS IS!! Really blessed my heart, can you tell?
Thank you much for sharing it dear heart. This was worth the wait. I miss reading your post. -Dawn
Don't let someone's dill pickle make your sweet one, sour! -Happy's Thoughts!

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:48 am

Absolutely without a doubt, you haven't just penned a poem Shirley, you have written a masterpiece, every line, every verse, simply a blessing to read. I think that this will be my farorite poem of yours, and they are all excellent. Pure amazing my friend. WOW, what a piece of poetry. Thanks for sharing. God bless.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Doug Holt
Diamond Member

Post by Doug Holt » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:25 am

Shirley

This will be akeeper and will be read by many worldwide

Kudos.

i agree with what steve and all others. you have penned a masterpiece.

god bless you abundantly.

Doug.
Thoughts Are Living Things With Wings.

You Are Never Alone. When You Think Of Others

And They Think Of You.

No Matter Where You Are

GOD Is With YOU All The Time.

Doug Holt

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:53 am

Dawn and Steve
Dear brother and sister in Christ, You have blessed my heart with your replys more than you could ever know. I am just so full of joy in my precious Lord, that He would bless my poem this way, and use me to touch the life of others. My cup runneth over and I can't find the words to express it right now, but thank you...thank you. thany you!!
Dawn, it was so good to hear from you. You are such a joyous, loving person and always bless me with you poetry and replies, whether you're replying to me or some one else ! God Bless you, dear friend!

Steve, God bless yur heart, you always bless me with encouragement and brotherly love and with your poetry and videos. You are special in my heart dear friend

TO GOD BE THE PRAISE AND GLORY !!!
Smiley Face.jpg
Smiley Face.jpg (12.55 KiB) Viewed 1847 times

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Bless you dear Doug
Your comments mean a lot to me as do your kind brotherly love, and writings!
Thank you so much !!! May the blessings and grace of the Lord be with you today as always. :D
Love, your sister in Christ Shirley

:

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:32 pm

How I praise God for His mighty Hands that guide me through my rugged journey of life and lift me up from discouragement, despair, fear and all the things that try to destroy my peace and abiding in Him. If it weren't for His loving Hands holding mine and His almighty arms keeping me going I wonder where I would be today. Our world is in such a turmoil today and the country I have loved and thank God for, is in such a horrible state, I have to put my trust in His guiding Hands and protecting arms. I pray for revival in America and around the world . May God be given the praise and glory He deserves!!!!

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:14 pm

I do agree Shirley. And the sooner the better. Our Lord is a Lord of miracles. We place our trust in Him and only in Him.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Rita Biesemans
Silver Member

Post by Rita Biesemans » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:35 pm

Shirley, rereading your poems and the answers to it by other readers, strengthens my soul. I feel not so alone anymore, united in Christ our Master and Savior. Please pray that 2017 will be the reunification of my dearest husband and me. 6 years ago his parents died in Jerusalem, my husband went and was in a Palestinian attack in the old city in Jerusalem. They called me : your husband has 2 or 3 hours to live. I said : "No No that can't be!!" The Lord has still future plans for and with us for Israel (we are Messianic Jews). My husband had a double lung transplant and survived but he is still under close doctor's supervision, he doesn't want him to leave Israel yet. The Lord promised me that we will be together again but of course the Lord has His timing for everything and his timing is always perfect. I love my hubby so much. Rita B.

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:27 am

Rita, dear friend, i am so glad you were strengthened and encouraged by the truth of God in this poem and thankful You have Him in your heart and life. My heart goes out to you and your husband during this very difficult time. I know God is with you and will continue to be your hope and strength as you await your reconciliation with your husband. May he be safe and secure and continue to heal and grow strong so that he can return soon, and may you have great peace in your heart as you look forward to that wonderful day. The Lord's been your Rock and Help thus far and He will continue to hold you up and give you all the courage and strength you need, and He will do the same for your husband. You are both in the Almighty Hands of our loving God who loves you more than we could ever conceive! You are in my prayers!!! Love and blessings, Shirley