THIS SIDE OF HEAVEN

As the morning sun begins to rise,
And I watch the beauty unfold.
I know Your Mighty Hand has painted,
With perfection the artistry we behold.

The beginning of another day,
What surprises will we be given?
I cannot imagine what it looks like there,
With so much beauty this side of Heaven.

With mankind in such continual turmoil,
With the world coming apart at the seam,
If we take time to watch the sunset,
Does it not show us how much joy that He brings?

If we were just all willing to listen,
Help each other, and get rid of our pride,
We might begin to discover a new era,
This side of Heaven as He walks by our side.

Each new day brings with it a challenge,
Just be willing to follow him with joy.
The world that we share could be just as free,
As where He stands on that far away shore.

We can all make a difference if we listen,
And carry His message each day.
Then those who accept the Precious Lamb of God,
Will be with us forever to stay.

On this Side of Heaven, time is finished !
Tomorrow we’ll gather on that new distant shore.
No longer will the darkness surround us,
Because on this side, His Light shines evermore.

Written by Karen Bunker
© April 29, 2009
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Jeff Guest

Re: THIS SIDE OF HEAVEN

Post by Jeff Guest » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:50 pm

Absolutely Fantastic, this is one of your very very best Karen!!!
What a wonderful work of art this is, so comforting, so filled with the spirit of God!!! Brilliant, one of the best poems I've read in a long time!!!

*****10*****Stars!!!

MASTERPIECE!!!

Superb!!!
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Karen,
This is so Beautiful your writing is so Blessed I love reading it. Because of you my heart has been touched by these wonderful words.
God Bless You
Eva

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:08 pm

AWWWWWWW!! Jeff, you are so sweet to me. I want to thank you for all the wonderful comments. I wasn't even sure if I should post it. Sometimes, I seem to flounder, but you always boost my morale and I thank you so much for always "being there" for me.

God knows you are such a blessing to us all.

Thanks again and Love Ya, Suga Booga!
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:11 pm

Dear Eva,

Thank you so much for taking time to read my poem. You really "touched MY heart" with what you said. God bless you, Eva. You have a very sweet spirit.

Love and thanks so much,
Karen

Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Oh Karen how beautiful!!! It is so hard to even imagine what Heaven will be like when this side of it holds such wondrous beauty! Thank you for sharing this with the world..God bless you!
Love forever,
Pokey Bee
awesomeprettypink.gif
awesomeprettypink.gif (101.61 KiB) Viewed 1829 times
"I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

Jeff Guest

Post by Jeff Guest » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:12 pm

Why in the world would you have not posted this wonderful blessing??? This is magnificent, you musta had one of dem bwain fawts dat Pokey gets!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This poem is PRICELESS!!!

Pokey Bee cut da cheeze!!!

Buttercups cweaned it ups!!!
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).

B Lawyer
Platinum Member

Post by B Lawyer » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:38 pm

My Dear Sweet Charge.....What a fantastic poem you have penned here. It definitely is inspired by God. Each word settles the heart and soothes the soul. This should make people take a minute and look around at all the glorious blessings God has heaped upon us. Trust me when I tell you heaven is unbelievably gorgeous! The colors, sights, sounds and aromas are nothing like we have seen, heard or smelled here on earth, as they are all perfect in heaven. You just keep getting better and better, my sweet one. This truly is a masterpiece. Thank you for sharing this with everyone. God is very, very pleased with you, my dear one.

May God continue to embrace you and Michael with His loving, healing arms and may He send many blessings into your lives.

Love You,
May God always hold you in the palm of His hand and may you always sleep with Angels surrounding you.

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:10 pm

Oh My Oh My Karen, and you were thinkin if you should post this masterpiece or not? WOW dear friend, this is an outstanding poem, and I agree, one of your best (if that is possible). This is so heartfelt, tender, and reaching for ones' heart. Just a most brilliant work of art that the Lord has given to you. I just really love this. The message is so needed these days, especially these days. What a beautiful v----this wil make. Thanking you for sending the link. I apologize though for not coming sooner. Was installing a security program and it took amost 2 hours. Definitely 10 Stars ********** God bless.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:42 am

Hey Pokey,

Thank you for such a sweet comment. I just love having "friends" review my writings. You are so good to me. The eyes that I have been looking through of late, have not been my own. I have been blinded by the world of man around me instead of what God has done. Somehow today, things are shiney again and I am rejoicing. I am so blessed and God is so good.

And..........I have the sweetest friends in all the world. I luvs you, sweet Pokey Bee......and I love Jeffie Poo and I REALLY LOVE THE LORD! Have a blessed day cuz you sure have blessed mine.

Love your forever!!!
Buttercup

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:57 am

OHHHHHH Jeffie,

You know that I been real whiney lately, but I am not whining today. The Lord has given me a booster shot of His beloved Son and I am flying high in Him.

I guess I did hab one of dem bwain fawrts! But sometimes, dey helps to clear de air.....even tho it kinna smewls it up too. I twying weel hawd to clean up and stop being de messup.

Tanks for de peptalk.............You is my very good buddypal. I gonna wite you and Pokey a poem weeel soon.....!

Love you guys!
Kawren Dunkers

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Thank you my sweet Angel Beverly. You are always so encouraging to me. I thank you for your extra prayers for me lately. I feel much more myself today and I give God the glory because He has heard and answered all the prayers.

You are a blessing to me and Michael everyday. Don't know what I'd do without my Angel and that wisecracking Marine of yours. He is just a character...........! Thank you for taking time to visit me and read my poem. You are my favorite person in the world to hear laugh. It just makes my day!

Love you, sweet one, and truly thanks so much!
Karen

Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Buttercup, you are a miracle...I praise God for you...(and I am gonna be nice and not even comment on whut dat jweffries dun said bout my bwain! we'll git him good, he cain't get over on boff of us)..sincerely, I'm so happy that the son is shining in your world again..prayers have been answered...what a loving God we serve, and who blesses us in return..I love you, Karen, not a single prayer leaves my heart that you are not in it!
forever,
Pokey Bee
beopentogodssurprises.gif
beopentogodssurprises.gif (8.32 KiB) Viewed 1798 times
"I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:21 pm

Dearest Steve,

You don't ever need to apologize to me for being "late" with anything. The way I've been functioning lately, it is a wonder anyone bothers to stop by. I know that you have been struggling with your health and your computer just like so many others, myself included.

I'm glad you are up and around a little bit, but take time to rest up, too, OK? Thanks for your sweet comments and may I say I value your opinion very much. God bless you, Steve. You are a true blessing to all of us and a REAL Servant of our Father God and the Lord Jesus. I am sure they are very pleased with you!

Love you and thanks!
Karen

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:42 pm

ImageImage

MY PRECIOUS POKEY BEE...........You really do take time to pray for me a dozen times a day and I know you do. And I do for you, too! You are just that loving and thoughtful in everything you do. You can tell Jeffie that we not gonna pay no tension to him tawking dat cwazy tawk. We gonna frow a bunch of krickets in his under drawers and watch him jump.........heheheeeeeeeeee!!!

There is a nice house for sale right next door to me and we'll put the down payment on it and you two can move next door and we will dwink lots ob coffee from his new coffee maker and we will cook cookies and pray and play our hiney whistles all day long. We wud have a lot of fun!

Thank you, my sweet friend for being so priceless. You and Jeff are the perfect couple. I Praise God for all the joy and blessings He brings us all everyday. I love you forever and ever!!!

Buttercup