I Am An American Soldier

Post your non religious inspirational / motivational poetry here.
B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

I Am An American Soldier

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:51 pm

~I Am An American Soldier~

I am a whisper on the wind, of times past, of places long forgotten, Valley Forge, Gettysburg, Batan, Pearl Harbor, Normandy, Seoul, Saigon, Loas, Kuwait, Iraqi. I am the heart of countless numbers of scarred
And maimed American veterans, and the soul of the buried unknowns,

I am an integral part of each white cross in Flanders Field, and I am sealed within each name on 'The Wall'. I am part of each and every headstone of every American soldier in every cemetery around the world.
I am deeply enmeshed in each tiny undiscovered bone fragment of American soldiers, left behind on foreign soil. I am the unseen shadows, the unheard voices in those many empty cells that once held my brothers
In unspeakable torture.

I am the unbearable pain in the hearts of every mother, father, wife, husband, brother sister, and child, of missing American soldiers from all wars.
I am within each and every teardrop shed by these family members.

I am the essence of each and every drop of blood shed in the past or in the future, by an American soldier in the name of freedom. I am the lifeblood of the colors of the American flag, blue for my loyalty and
Unwavering dedication, white for my steadfastness, and red for my pride and love of country.

I am the spirit of those names on the black Granite Wall, of all those unaccounted for in every war, of those who went away to war as gallant young men and came back, older than time...OR NOT AT ALL.

God Bless America the land
Of the free and the home of the brave.

© B.J.Morbitzer 2010

Linner
Diamond Member

Re: I Am An American Soldier

Post by Linner » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:48 pm

"I am the spirit of those names on the black Granite Wall, of all those unaccounted for in every war, of those who went away to war as gallant young men and came back, older than time...OR NOT AT ALL."

B.J., DID YOU DELIBERATELY SET OUT TO MAKE ME CRY WHEN I READ THIS ???? BECAUSE I AM, AND OH, I AM IN PAIN FOR IT ALL. I HAVE A SLIGHT KNOWLEDGE, COMPARED TO THAT OF A SOLDIER, OF WHAT IT IS TO FEEL OLDER THAN TIME. AND TO HAVE ME IN TEARS OVER YOUR WRITE IS JUST A TINY THING COMPARED TO THOSE SHED BY OUR SOLDIERS THROUGH ALL OF THE WARS WE KNOW OF. I AM PROUD TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS, AND HATE LIKE HELL FOR THEM TO EVEN HAVE TO BE WHERE THEY ARE TODAY. MY NIECE JUST GOT DEPLOYED ON HER FIRST TOUR. WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE SHE IS, BUT WHEREVER IT IS, IT'S PRETTY DARN COLD THERE. SHE KEEPS IN TOUCH WITH MY SISTER, HER MOTHER, THROUGH A PHONE THAT WORKS ON FACEBOOK. SHE CAN POST MESSAGES THERE AND COMMUNICATE WITH OTHERS. SHE IS ONLY 19 YEARS OLD. TWO OF MY SISTER'S THREE SONS HAVE DONE TOURS IN AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ, HAVE COME HOME WHOLE IN BODY, AND SEEMINGLY IN MIND.

I CAN'T THINK OF A SINGLE FAMILY THAT HASN'T BEEN TOUCHED IN SOME WAY BY THIS WAR, AND EVEN BY THE WAR IN VIET NAM. SCARRED FOR LIFE, "those who went away to war as gallant young men and came back, older than time...OR NOT AT ALL."

YOU SURE CAN WRITE, MY FRIEND. YOU SURE CAN REACH OUT AND SHOW US WHAT HELL IS AND WHAT HEAVEN IS, AS WELL. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU, OUR OWN AMERICAN SOLDIER ON HUGS.

LOVE YOU AND GOD BLESS YOUR HEART...LINDA ))(( )))(((
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:54 pm

Dear Sweet Linda.,
Oh my I didn't really mean to make you cry my dear friend.
But I told this in writing it is as true as true can be my dear friend, And yes war is a living hell my friend.
No matter how you look at it or read about it.
I feel so blessed to even be alive this day through what I have seen or done while serving my tours in the Nam conflict as an Army Ranger Special OPS Reacon Team Leader.
I bought it during my last tour and so very thankful this day to even be alive, Never thought I would make it out of there my friend.
But by the grace of God He spared this soldier of the Lord.
Spent eleven month's at Walter Reed Medical Hospital.Then was able what was left of me to come back home to my blessed wife and first born child. PTL.
But even though wheelchair bound loss of the left eye, Life went on and I have been so very blessed my friend.
I didn't mean to ramble on my friend forgive me please...
I thank you for your comment to the write, And sorry for the tears my dear friend.
GLYASDI
B.J. ))(( )))(((

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 pm

A POET SHOULD BE PROUD OF THEIR WRITE IF IT HAS INVOKED TRUE EMOTION FROM A READER, B.J.

IT IS A COMPLIMENT TO THE POET...NO WORRIES, MY FRIEND...NO WORRIES !!! :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:58 pm

Dear Linda.,
I thank you dearly for your lasting friendship and understanding.
And I dearly appreciate your kind heart and comments as well my friend.
I also thank you for your compliment dear friend .. :)
GLYASDI
B.J.

norman
Platinum Member

Post by norman » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 pm

another awesome job here bj
keep up the great writes my friend
TO SOME WE SEEM LIKE A GENIOUS
TO SOME WE SEEM LIKE A FOOL
BUT OUR WORDS OF POETRY
IS JUST OUR EXPESSION TOOL

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:37 am

Norman.,
I thank you dear friend for your comment.
I admire your write's as well in the forum too.
Blessings brother.
GLYASDI
B.J.

Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Post by Janice Kennedy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:08 pm

Dear B.J. I feel like Linda, your poem stirred up so many heart felt emotions.
My husband is buried in a small cemetary about 30 miles from where I live.
There is a small wall there and his name is on it. He only lost a kidney, doing his time
as a soldier. All gave some and some gave all. I wrote a short poem called the Fallen.
Maybe I will post it here someday.

I want you to know that I appreciate you so very much.

GLYASDI, Jan ))(( )))(((
Attachments
0ad1c7f6.gif
0ad1c7f6.gif (27.79 KiB) Viewed 5397 times
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:21 pm

DEAR B.J. WHAT A TERRIFIC PROSE YOU HAVE WRITTEN. I BELIEVE EACH AND EVERY CHRISTAN AMERICAN FEELS THE HEARTACH, SORROW AND PAIN THAT YOU SO CLEARLY DESCRIBED. HOW HUMBLING YOU HAVE PAINTED THIS TRUE WRITE, THANK GOD FOR OUR BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN WHO STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE FOR THEIR COUNTRY AND FELLOW MAN. GOD BLESS YOU. AND THANK YOU DEAR FRIEND FOR ALL YOU GAVE. GLYASDI, LOVE BRENDA

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Dear Jan.,
I thank you so much for your blessed comment to my write.
I'm sorry to about your husband and your loss my friend.
I don't know if I will ever get on a wall when the good Lord takes this soldier home.
I just would like to sit along the right hand of our Father God and His Son Jesus Christ.
That is my wish, And I to will be buried in the veteran's section along the side of my beloved wife of many blessed years.
GLYASDI
B.J.

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:38 pm

Dear Brenda.,
I thank you dearly for your very kind comment to this write.
I just wrote this one as I seen it and did it been there and done it and was blessed even to make it out of there on my last tour.
God has been so good to this soldier of the Lord.
I served my country to the best of my ability.And served it with pride and honor.
GLYASDI
B.J.

WolfNite
Registered Member

Post by WolfNite » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Thanks B.J. it made me cry and whisper a prayer for all those who keep the wolves at bay and do it so unselfishly. May you and all of them know we have not forgotten the sacrifice.