TO MY MOTHER

Post your holiday & special Occasion poetry here.
Jacqueline Ramm
Gold Member

TO MY MOTHER

Post by Jacqueline Ramm » Wed May 06, 2009 10:13 am

TO MY MOTHER

Life has a way of finding time to look back on the past,
And reminisce about the days we thought would always last.
When you would hug and comfort me, and smile your special smile,
And always, when I needed help, you'd walk that extra mile.

Dear Mum, you loved and cared for me through all my childhood days,
Encouraged me when I was down, then lifted me with praise.
You always did believe in me, and always seemed so sure,
"As long as you just do your best, you can't do any more".

How quickly have the years flown past, now I am older too,
And when I look back through the years I'm thinking about you.
How kind and patient always through the days, the months, the years,
And how, with such a loving heart, you calmed my doubts and fears.

We also shared such happy times, much laughter I recall,
Whatever time we had to share, you gave to it your all.
I'm thankful that your love for me gave me that "special" start,
So when I say, "I love you Mum", you know it's from my heart.

Jacqueline Ramm ©
Posted at Net Hugs - May 2009.

Jeff Guest

Re: TO MY MOTHER

Post by Jeff Guest » Wed May 06, 2009 10:25 am

A most beautiful & heartfelt tribute to your dear Mom Jacqueline, we have sure been blessed with many wonderful poems this week for sweet Mother's everywhere!!! Your masterpiece is simply outstanding as always!!!
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed May 06, 2009 10:41 am

Oh Jacqueline....this is just too lovely a poem girl !! It gave me such a warm, loving feeling and took me so close to you and your Mother !! Your Mom must be so proud of you for your talent in poetry and I am sure she is beaming and maybe has tears in her eyes right now as we all read the loving words you wrote for her. You are obviously very close to your Mom even now and it is a very special relationship to have. I am about to move to Florida to stay with my own daughter and am so looking forward to having this special time with my own sweet girl. We have a lot of catching up to do and a lot of future to spend together. We shall both be enjoying my sweet granddaughter, Jenna, who is almost three years old. I hope that one day my own daughter will feel that she can write such a special poem about our relationship. Thank you for sharing the love you and your Mom have for each other...it is just lovely, girl !! and well worthy of an e-card !!

Love, Linda :D :) :wink: :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Jacqueline Ramm
Gold Member

Post by Jacqueline Ramm » Wed May 06, 2009 11:11 am

Dear Jeff, thank you once again for your kind comments. Much appreciated.
Dear Linda, my mum is in her 94th year - her birthday is in September. She is getting very deaf, and has dementia problems, but loves to go out for a drive and an afternoon tea of coffee and cake, and she often calls me Gill (my twin sister) instead of Jacqueline, when I go to see her, but then I will answer to most anything!
Love
Jacqueline

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed May 06, 2009 11:29 am

Well, girl....I am sorry to hear that, but still, from your poem I can see what a loving relationship y'all once had. I also think that you still love your Mom even if she does call you by your other sister's name !!! It can be easy to love someone who is now in that place in her life...after all of the love she shared and showered on you. I hope if I ever become a confused person ( more so than now, ....lol ) that my own family will still have respect for me anyway. Like you do for yours. You are a very special daughter !!
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Post by Janice Kennedy » Wed May 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Such a lovely and heart felt tribute for your Mum, Dear Jacqueline. Yes, it does hurt somewhat when a parent calls you by another sister's name. It was my Dad that did that to me. But, I know that in his heart that he did love me, too. And I have no doubt that your Mum truely loves you, too. You are a wonderful and very loving daughter!!!

Love and Blessings Joyful Jan Jonquil ))(( :D :D :D )))(((

JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME

Ellen Hammond
Gold Member

Post by Ellen Hammond » Wed May 06, 2009 1:29 pm

Dear Jacqueline,

This is absolutely beautiful! You are fortunate to still have your mother with you.....even when she calls you by your twin's name. For 8 years, my mother called my by my older sisters' names, then her sister's name, but she never called me by my twin's name...perhaps because he is a man. lol But, even though she has been gone almost 18 years, I still miss her. This is poem brought back memories for sure. Thanks for sharing!

HAPPY MOTHERS' TO ALL MOTHERS!

Love & Hugs,
Ellen
May the Spirit of love flow free
Projecting His image through you and me. Image

B Lawyer
Platinum Member

Post by B Lawyer » Wed May 06, 2009 3:24 pm

Dear Jacqueline....What a truly loving poem in honor of your mum. These words came from deep within your loving heart. Your mum sounds like a wonderful person and I know you love her so very much. I am also sure she loves you equally as much. That strong bond you share will last throughout eternity. Thank you for sharing this masterpiece with all of us.

May God continue to bless you and your mum and may He always hold you close to His heart.

Love You,
May God always hold you in the palm of His hand and may you always sleep with Angels surrounding you.

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed May 06, 2009 3:50 pm

Very heartfelt poem Jacqueline! It's an ecard:

http://nethugs.com/mothers-day/to-my-mother/

Thank you for sharing this poem that will surely bring tears of joy to Moms all over the world. It's written with love and it shows through the words. Thank you to everyone who brought this beauty to my attention. Excellent!
NetHugs Webmaster
http://nethugs.com

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Wed May 06, 2009 4:42 pm

JACQUELINE, GREAT TRIBUTE TO YOUR MOTHER, WONDERFUL POEM AND SO HEARTFELT BY ME. THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR LOVE AND DEVOTION WITH US. SINCERELY
I AGREE AN ECARD IT SHOULD BE.

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Wed May 06, 2009 6:19 pm

Jacqueline,
I read your E-Card it is so beautiful This really touches the heart as a Mother I Love it Thank you so much for sharing,
God Bless You
Eva Dimel

Jeff Guest

Post by Jeff Guest » Wed May 06, 2009 7:08 pm

Such a beautiful card for a beautiful poem, Jacqueline & Skip have blessed us again!!! AWESOME job you 2!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).

Jacqueline Ramm
Gold Member

Post by Jacqueline Ramm » Wed May 06, 2009 8:01 pm

To all my friends at Net Hugs, I thank you all so much for your very kind comments about my poem for Mum, and to Skip, I send my thanks to you for the beautiful ecard - you always manage to bring our words to life.
Love
Jacqueline