Devin will be 13, next year,in July.
Times are much different now,
than when his Dad,grew up.
I will ask him at certain times,
if there is anything that I can get for him,
and he tells me, No Grandma,
you know that I am growing up now.
So, I just say, okay.
He is going through a,'leave me alone', phase !
He simply wants things done, his own way !.lol.
He said, if he needs me, he will hollar at me.
He fixes his room, the way he wants it,
and has completely re-designed, his room.
So, I have let him do as he wants to.
It actually looks nice, and refined.
Besides, He said, 'you are getting old',
and I don't want to make you do more for me;
than I can do myself..lol.
I had a Laugh from this, so am just sharing,
what Kids', come up with.
I must admit though, He was thoughtful, indeed.
My Grandson,I love him to pieces,
but he knows I am always there, for whatever He needs.
The funniest part was when he asked me to color my hair,
because of some greys showing through;
only because it scares him, I guess.
I explained to Him, 'Yes, Grandma is getting older,
but that this makes me none the less, any slower;
to care for you.lol.
He is really growing up fast.
Guess He wants his grandma to last for awhile.lol.
So, I'll do as he asks.
It was time, anyway ! lol.
(Written by -Pastor Shirley ann shaw)...
(10/20/2013)...

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Re: ~~~Grandma I'm Growing Up~~~

Post by Shirley Baucom » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:12 am

Shirley, this was cute and refreshing and very typical of what grandmas go through.
I have 2 grandsons, Jonathan will be 26 next month and Jaryn will be 3 years old next week, so one is beyond the teen stage and the other has 10 years to go.
Your grandson sounds pretty "cool" and seems to be very concerned and observant of his grandma
Love, Shirley

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:00 am

Shirley,
My oldest grandson is the same age as Devin, and I have 2 new grandsons on the way!!! I truly understand the changes you are seeing in Devin. I tell my Tommy you are getting to big to fast I still Love to hug and kiss him when I see him. He does not like it as much as his little brother does LOL!

God Bless You Love Eva

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:22 am

Shirley Baucom wrote:Shirley, this was cute and refreshing and very typical of what grandmas go through.
I have 2 grandsons, Jonathan will be 26 next month and Jaryn will be 3 years old next week, so one is beyond the teen stage and the other has 10 years to go.
Your grandson sounds pretty "cool" and seems to be very concerned and observant of his grandma
Love, Shirley

Dear Shirley Baucom; Thank You for coming by to visit and comment..So glad to know that I am Not alone, with all of these new changes...lol....I guess we have to change with the times, but being from Old School, just takes me some time to adjust I guess.Thank You..Yes, devin is cool..I Love him very Much..Sounds like You have quite a Nice Family, Yourself.Oh Yes, Dev is very observant of me,in all things, especially if I seem to talk too much@times.....lol..He's really a Great Kid, though...Gee, my Son, Devins Dad is 35, guess i just never had these kind of new experiences with him..lol...'God Bless'..Love Sis, Shirley shaw.... :D

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:29 am

Hope wrote:Shirley,
My oldest grandson is the same age as Devin, and I have 2 new grandsons on the way!!! I truly understand the changes you are seeing in Devin. I tell my Tommy you are getting to big to fast I still Love to hug and kiss him when I see him. He does not like it as much as his little brother does LOL!

God Bless You Love Eva
Hello Dear, Eva; Yes,that's right..I knew you had a grandson, Tommy, around Devins age..(CONGRATULATIONS) on the 2 grandsons, that are on the way ! They are always Such a Blessing'...Yes, Tommy is the one that likes to write Poetry too, as I remember, and does a very Good job@it too...I need to get Devin back into writing...I Love to Hug, & give Devin a big ole kiss once in awhile, but sometimes he tells me, Grandma, I'm getting too big for this...lol.. :shock: So, one day, we had a handshake ! lol...Then, I finally got a Hug from him.....What a Boy..Love him much though...Thank You for coming by to Post to me, Eva..The Holidays sure seem to be moving in so fast; can't keep up with them all...I Wish and Pray', all the best for You & Your Family"...'God Bless'...Love U bunches, Eva.... :D ))(( )))(((

sto6
Registered Member

Post by sto6 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Thank you for this poem Shirley Shaw,your poem is beautiful.It does remind me of my mother who is aging and yet am so far from her in another country.I would like her to dye her hair,so i can not think of her getting old because i love her so much and want her to live long enough to witness my marriage,see my children

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:17 pm

sto6 wrote:Thank you for this poem Shirley Shaw,your poem is beautiful.It does remind me of my mother who is aging and yet am so far from her in another country.I would like her to dye her hair,so i can not think of her getting old because i love her so much and want her to live long enough to witness my marriage,see my children
Thank you for your Lovely Comment...lol....That may very well be the reason....Thank you for coming by...'God Bless'....