Filled with mercy, love and grace
A gift that truly, God imparts.

Shirley Adcock Baucom
©11-14-2012

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Re: Friendship, A Treasured Gift

Post by Brenda Pike » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:46 pm

SHIRLEY, LOVE YOUR POEM.TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, IS YOU'RE A VERY FORUNATE LADY TO HAVE SUCH LOYAL FRIENDS THAT HAVE ENDURED A LIFETIME OF FRIENDSHIP WITH YOU. I BELIEVE A FRIENDSHIP IS LIKE OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS, FOR WE GIVE OF OUR TRUE SELF. GOD BLESS YOU. GLYASDI. BRENDA

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Thank you for your comments, Brenda.
I really am blessed with friends I've known for a long time. Sometimes, long periods of time go by that I'm not able to be in touch with them, but always, when we're able to get together or share by phone, the unconditional love is there. I wrote this poem in honor of a friend named Marie who moved some years ago to Gastonia NC, about six or so hours away. I was blessed to spend half a day with her in early November when I was staying with my daughter and her family in Burlington, NC and my son-in-law happened to have a business meeting in Gastonia and I was able to ride with Him and visit with her while he was in his meeting.
It was so wonderful to be with her, and it was as though we saw each other on a regular basis. I have been in Virginia Beach, VA with my son and his family since Thanksgiving, but returned to Burlington yesterday. I had hoped to go down to Gastonia soon and spend a week with Marie, but I will only be here about a week and a half this time, and will return to Va. Bch. for a few weeks. I don't think I'll be able to see her this time but surely I hope to the next time I come down. She's a lot older than me and her health is really bad and we do want to spend some time together. She has always been such a blessing to me, always there for me when we lived near each other and went to church together, and continued to be after I married Bobby 21 years ago and moved to a different part of the area. I do truly thank the Lord for my friends. And though I haven't known my NetHugs friends for a long time, I am very thankful for all of you who have encouraged and cared for me in the past. I have been out of touch for quite a while, but I hope I can again be a regular part of the fellowship.
God bless and keep you,
Love & prayers, Shirley

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:56 pm

Shirley,
This is a Wonderful friendship poem, and I agree Friends are a Treasured gift! This would make a very nice Ecard!

God Bless You Love Eva

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Hope, dear friend, thank you for your comments and for your friendship. I've missed sharing with you these past months, but am happy to be back. I love your poems and your kind loving heart and am thankful to be back at NetHugs.
Love and blessingsm, Shirley