Lots of reading to make you feel right.

He helps many people in special ways,
I am one who’s received his blessing.
‘It comes straight from God‘, is what he says,
Straight to the point, no guessing.

If you have a problem that’s bothering you,
Here’s a man whose arms are open wide.
He’ll listen with care to what makes you blue,
Through his love for Jesus, he‘ll be your guide.

I wanted to write a poem for Steve,
For he shines on us like a beacon.
There’s no one else like him, I do believe,
Thank you, God, for our very own Deacon !

God blesses us because He has blessed you, Stevers !!
Thank you, God, for giving us this man.

Moonchild
Linda Vale Martin © July 13, 2011
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Re: THE DEACON'S IN THE HOUSE !!

Post by Brenda Pike » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:48 am

BLESSINGS.gif
BLESSINGS.gif (359.89 KiB) Viewed 3890 times
LINDA, NICE TRIBUTE TO DEACON STEVE. HE DESERVES HIS KINDNES RECONGIZED, FEW ARE AS KIND AND COMPASSIONATE AS DEACON STEVE. MANY BLESSING DEAR FRIEND.
LOVE BRENDA

Jeff Guest

Post by Jeff Guest » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:06 am

An awesome tribute to a most wonderful man, this just couldn't be any better Linda!!!

Awesome!!!

Superb!!!
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:33 am

Linda,
I agree with everything you wrote here. I can not think of anyone else who deserves this tribute more than him.We are all so Blessed to have him in our lives he has touched so many through God's love. I know I am so Thankful to God for him. You did a wonderful job writing this it is so good.

God Bless You Love Eva

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:03 pm

:oops: :oops: I am at a loss for words, somewhat. I can't see to type through the tears in my eyes Linda. I am honored that I am thought of this way, but you know my friend, I'm not much on being recognized, except for serving our Lord, just like everyone else. Each one here at Nethugs and beyond is a very special, unique person, who has and shares their gifts, talents, poetry, and most importantly their selfs. I believe that we are all childen of God, and are part of His family. Like all of you, I do what I do, as sinful as I am, because for thing, I am fortunate that I can, and another, it is the right thing to do as Jesus teaches us in scripture. But I am flawed, broken, and sometimes a mess, and most times I feel as if I am the one being ministered too. Thank you Linda for being such an inspiration and part of my life, as are each one here at Nethugs. I am a better person because of each of you, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. God bless and grace each of you.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:27 pm

DeaconSteve wrote:
:oops: :oops: I am at a loss for words, somewhat. I can't see to type through the tears in my eyes Linda. I am honored that I am thought of this way, but you know my friend, I'm not much on being recognized, except for serving our Lord, just like everyone else. Each one here at Nethugs and beyond is a very special, unique person, who has and shares their gifts, talents, poetry, and most importantly their selfs. I believe that we are all childen of God, and are part of His family. Like all of you, I do what I do, as sinful as I am, because for thing, I am fortunate that I can, and another, it is the right thing to do as Jesus teaches us in scripture. But I am flawed, broken, and sometimes a mess, and most times I feel as if I am the one being ministered too. Thank you Linda for being such an inspiration and part of my life, as are each one here at Nethugs. I am a better person because of each of you, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. God bless and grace each of you.
DEAR STEVERS...IF YOU WERE PERFECT, THAT WOULDN'T BE NATURAL. I BELIEVE THAT OUR 'FLAWS', AS YOU CALL THEM, ARE WHAT MAKE US BEAUTIFUL. OF COURSE WE ALL HAVE THEM...WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS. YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE YOU ARE SUCH A TERRIBLE SINNER !!! WHAT DID YOU DO, ROB A BANK ?? LOL !! WE ARE ALL BETTER PEOPLE BECAUSE OF OUR CONNECTIONS WITH OTHERS. YOU, HOWEVER, ARE 'DEACON STEVE'. YOU DON'T BECOME A DEACON BY BEING A HORRIBLE PERSON !! NOW, YOU MUST JUST RELAX AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT WE ALL LOVE YOU, SIR, BECAUSE OF WHO YOU ARE...YOURSELF JUST AS YOU ARE !! EVERYONE HERE GETS RECOGNIZED FOR THEIR BEAUTY AS A HUMAN BEING AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER...TODAY WAS YOUR TIME FROM ME...AND OBVIOUSLY, OTHERS TOO. YOUR ARE LOVED, STEVE...BECAUSE YOU ARE YOU. ACCEPT THAT AND TAKE A DEEP BREATH...YOU'LL BE JUST FINE, YOU MESSY OLD SINNER, YOU !!!

LOVE ALWAYS, LINNER :D :) :lol: :wink: :wink:

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Dear Lindy Lou, WHAT A WONDERFUL TRIBUTE TO A WORTHY MAN, Our own Steve Politte!! I remember when I first joined NetHugs how he welcomed me too, so warmly. He has been proven faithful and kind to all on here. Thank you for giving us all an opportunity to say, "Thank you Deacon Steve for being here for us all!! We love and appreciate you tons, and more than words could ever say!!!!!!! GOD bless you richly with more creative ideas from our Creator Himself. -Holmesy Dawn
Don't let someone's dill pickle make your sweet one, sour! -Happy's Thoughts!

condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

Post by condorfromtheandes » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi Linda dear,
You have written another superb friendship poem for our dearest friend
and brother in the Lord, Deacon Steve. I agree about all that have been already said
in terms of your wonderful poem. Thank you for sharing your heart with us at Net Hugs!!
This one is a very special work of art for our most dear friend, Deacon Steve.
You post your friendship tribute at its very best. This will be a memorable poem.
We all love Deacon Steve so much!! We all love you too, Linda dear!!
God may bless you all, my dear trusted friends at Net Hugs!!
In Heaven with God,
Monica B. :D
Condorfromtheandes.

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:49 pm

I am honored by such a tribute. Yes, I know that I am not a terrible person, in fact I am a good guy, just ask Joycee and our kids and grandkids. I have to thank my mom and dad for the faith that they shared with me, even when I wanted to refused it. It is good to be amongst so many other friendly, hugging, loving, and also spiritual people who share the same morals and values that I do. And I thank each of you for your kind words, but warn you: this poem will not be made a video, at least not my me. LOL Nethug folks are the greatest, and great big hug to Skip our webmaster for making this website possible, and LL you are a winner in my book, reborn as a Kentuckian, and Brenda has taken great care of you. God bless you both. Later.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Patsy McNutt Morgan
Gold Member

Post by Patsy McNutt Morgan » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:27 am

LINNERS !! YOU ARE ON FIRE GIRL !! AND I TOTALLY AGREE .. DEA. STEVE IS THE MAN !! LOVE ALL THAT HE DOES, WRITES, AND SAY !! I THANK GOD FOR MEN LIKE HIM !!

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:58 pm

Happy Holmes1 wrote:Dear Lindy Lou, WHAT A WONDERFUL TRIBUTE TO A WORTHY MAN, Our own Steve Politte!! I remember when I first joined NetHugs how he welcomed me too, so warmly. He has been proven faithful and kind to all on here. Thank you for giving us all an opportunity to say, "Thank you Deacon Steve for being here for us all!! We love and appreciate you tons, and more than words could ever say!!!!!!! GOD bless you richly with more creative ideas from our Creator Himself. -Holmesy Dawn
HI HOLMESY, AND I THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING IN TO READ STEVE'S POEM !! I ALSO THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS TO ME !! WE MISS YOU HERE, BUT KNOW YOU ARE BUSY DOING THE LORD'S WORK, GIRL. PLEASE COME BACK AS SOON AS YOU CAN, AND AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ??

LOVE ALWAYS, LINDA :D :) :lol: :wink:

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:00 pm

condorfromtheandes wrote:Hi Linda dear,
You have written another superb friendship poem for our dearest friend
and brother in the Lord, Deacon Steve. I agree about all that have been already said
in terms of your wonderful poem. Thank you for sharing your heart with us at Net Hugs!!
This one is a very special work of art for our most dear friend, Deacon Steve.
You post your friendship tribute at its very best. This will be a memorable poem.
We all love Deacon Steve so much!! We all love you too, Linda dear!!
God may bless you all, my dear trusted friends at Net Hugs!!
In Heaven with God,
Monica B. :D
THANK YOU, DEAR MONICA, FOR YOUR WONDERFUL COMMENT ON STEVE'S POEM !! AND FOR WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY ABOUT ME, TOO. WE AT NETHUGS LOVE BOTH OF YOU VERY MUCH, AND ANY TIME YOU POST A COMMENT, IT IS ALWAYS FULL OF LOVE...THANK YOU !!

GOD BLESS AND LOVE....LINDA :D :) :lol: :wink:

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:01 pm

DeaconSteve wrote:
I am honored by such a tribute. Yes, I know that I am not a terrible person, in fact I am a good guy, just ask Joycee and our kids and grandkids. I have to thank my mom and dad for the faith that they shared with me, even when I wanted to refused it. It is good to be amongst so many other friendly, hugging, loving, and also spiritual people who share the same morals and values that I do. And I thank each of you for your kind words, but warn you: this poem will not be made a video, at least not my me. LOL Nethug folks are the greatest, and great big hug to Skip our webmaster for making this website possible, and LL you are a winner in my book, reborn as a Kentuckian, and Brenda has taken great care of you. God bless you both. Later.
I'M LIKE YOU, STEVE. I HAVE MY GRANDPOP AND PARENTS TO THANK FOR MY MORALS AND VALUES THAT I LIVE MY LIFE BY, AND GOD FOR GIVING ME THE FORTITUDE TO HOLD ON TO THEM ALL OF MY LIFE SO FAR. I THINK THAT SKIP MUST BE AN ANGEL OF GOD'S...SURPRISE, SKIP !! BET YOU'VE NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT, EH ?? BUT FOR YOU TO HAVE THIS WEBSITE AND MAKE A HOME FOR ALL OF US INTERNET WAYFARERS IS KIND OF MIRACULOUS, DON'T YOU THINK ?? WE LOVE AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING OUR SPECIAL ANGEL !! STEVE, I AM QUITE A MIXTURE OF PLACES, YOU KNOW. BORN IN CANADA, STILL LOVE IT....SPENT MOST OF MY LIFE IN FLORIDA...WENT TO TEXAS FOR TWO YEARS, THEN NORTH FLORIDA FOR ONE MORE...NOW IN KENTUCKY ADDING ANOTHER TWIST TO MY CONGLOMERATED ACCENT, THANKS TO BRENDA !! EVEN SOME KENTUCKIANS CAN'T FIGGER OUT WHAT I'M SAYING...LOL !! ALL I KNOW IS THAT MY SPEECH IS SOUTHERN DIALECT, FOR SURE. OF COURSE, THERE ARE THOSE TIMES WHEN ME IRISH COMES POPPING OUT, AND OF COURSE, I'LL NEVER LOSE MY BRITISH ONE THAT I GOT FROM MY MUM !!! MY MY ... AND WITH A NAME LIKE "LINNER"....YEP, I'M A MIX ALRIGHT !!

WELL....AT ANY RATE....ALL'S WELL AND THAT'S WHAT COUNTS THE MOST, EH ??

LOVE AGAIN AND TO ALL...LINDA / LINNER / LINNERS !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Patsy McNutt Morgan wrote:LINNERS !! YOU ARE ON FIRE GIRL !! AND I TOTALLY AGREE .. DEA. STEVE IS THE MAN !! LOVE ALL THAT HE DOES, WRITES, AND SAY !! I THANK GOD FOR MEN LIKE HIM !!
ON FIRE ?? :?: ON FIRE !!!! :shock: HAAAALPPP....PUT IT OUT !!! :shock: THROW A BLANKET OR SOME WATER OVER ME, QUICK !!!! LOL !! :lol:

PATSY, I SOMEHOW KNEW YOU WOULD AGREE WIF DIS CWAZY PERSON HERE !!! :lol:

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:23 am

DEAR LINNERS GIRL;
I AM JUST NOW GETTING AROUND TO VIEW THIS(WELL-DESERVED WRITE)FOR DEACON STEVE..A BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE FOR HIM..SORRY, I WS LATE GETTING HERE, BUT HAD TO TAKE MY DAD TO THE HOSPITAL LST. NITE..HE HAD PNUEMONIA, AND WS VERY SICK..IS BETTER TODAY, AND HE HAS BEEN RELEASED WITH MEDS..ANYWAY, I REALLY ENJOYED THIS, AND AS I SAID BEFORE TOO, DEACON STEVE, WELCOMED ME,BK. IN 2006, OR AROUND THAT TIME, AND (BESIDES YOU) AND MANY OTHERS, I HAVE NEVER MET A FINER, MORE DEDICATED MAN, TO THE WORKS OF THE LORD ! ( YOU HEAR THAT STEVE-O) ??? I HOPE SO, BECAUSE I MEAN IT, AND YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL FRIEND/BROTHER TO ME, AND ALL !~! YOU ARE A GREAT FRIEND AND SPECIAL "GOD FRIEND", TO ALL....GREAT WRITE, LINNERS...."PRAISE THE LORD", FOR YOU, AND 'DEACON STEVE POLITTE"..AMEN TO THIS~~~~"GOD BLESS YOU BOTH, ALWAYS'...LOVE & MUCHO BLESSINGS", YOUR FRIEND/SIS IN THE LORD', PASTOR, SHIRLEY ANN SHAW~~~~
268584080aa.jpg
268584080aa.jpg (4.96 KiB) Viewed 3779 times