Post your friendship poetry here.
DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

~ Side By Side ~

Post by DeaconSteve » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:49 pm

In this day and age of much uncertainty -
when everything seems so unsure and bleak,
Where fear and violence troubles a heart -
from vast oceans waters to mountain peaks.

Where apprehensions loom so large
and hearts seem to be so sorrow bound.
Perhaps it should give us much comfort just knowing
that God’s love is forever, and strongly abounds.

There is pain in every heart that cries out
for peace and joy for all to be lent;
To know the goodness that waits in it seeking -
Much good can come spending time with a friend.

What is in your heart so weary burdened
that wants to pull you apart and drag you down?
Give all the worries and the trials that you carry -
there are many friends just waiting to be found.

Love is stronger than any bad that can happen -
It is up to each person to make that start
To live each day in the richness of love -
and to find that love in caring friend’s heart.

Rise above what wants to drag you down
if it seeks to cause you distress and pain,
And bask in the wonder of the heart of a friend
who for you will always do the very same.

Count every blessing in your life that is given
to which to another you would freely send.
And feel the warmth of one who really cares -
spend some time with a special friend.

There is no certainty for a better tomorrow -
so live today as fully and as the best you can,
Laugh and dance and sing a song with joy -
reach out and walk with a friend, hand in hand.

God sends people into our lives each day
to walk with us on this journey until it’s end,
There is no better way to share in His love -
than to walk side by side with a cherished friend.

Steve A. Politte
© July 8, 2011

Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Patsy McNutt Morgan
Gold Member

Re: ~ Side By Side ~

Post by Patsy McNutt Morgan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:01 am

Thank you, Deacon Steve.. for a very uplifting prayful , loving poem !!

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:01 am

I know exactly what you are saying...........and for so many of us, YOU are just that kind of friend. You have always said the good things to us and I love this poem. It is such a blessing to have been able to call you my "friend". You always GIVE so much more than you ever "take".

So much like Jesus, how could we have been so blessed. Thanks for sharing from your heart. It is beautiful.

Love ya!
Karen
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:42 am

Steve,
This really touched my heart today, and like Karen said we are all so Blessed to have a friend like you. No matter what you are always there for anyone who needs you and I thank God for that. This poem is so Beautiful and so full of love for our friends.

God Bless You Love Eva
PS: I think this would make a wonderful video!

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:45 pm

Thank you for your kind comments Patsy, Karen, and Eva. I really didn't write this about me, but about others, such as yourselfs and many other friends that I have been blessed with. I am often amazed by so many people that have come into my life in a very meaningful way over the years via the internet, and how genuine and unselfishly they have given of themselves as friends, remembering that Jesus called his disciples exactly that when he said, "You are my friends," not a direct quote. God bless and thank you all for the gift of your friendship.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:51 pm

IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE THIS A VIDEO, STEVE, THEN I WOULD LIKE TO NOMINATE YOUR POEM FOR ONE OF SKIP'S ECARDS !! IT'S A WONDERFUL, WISE AND TRUE DEPICTION OF FRIENDSHIP, ONE THAT YOU LIVE UP TO IN THE FULLEST DEGREE. I LOVED READING IT...WRITTEN BY YOU, MY VERY GOOD FRIEND !!! I LOVE WHAT COMES OUT OF YOUR HEAD WHEN JESUS PROMPTS YOU TO LET IT OUT...LOL !!!!!

LOVE, LINDA / LINNERS !!! :D :) :lol: :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:10 pm

Why thank you LL, I appreciate that. And yes, when I let the Lord do the prompting, my poems are much better than what my own noggin' can do. Just wish He's be more active in that regard. He! He! O, I don't care much for these smileys, can hardly see them for one thing. :mrgreen:

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:17 pm

THE LORD KNOWS YOU ARE BUSY DOING THINGS FOR HIM, STEVERS !! I THINK MAYBE WHEN HE GIVES YOU A POEM, IT IS A CHANCE FOR YOU TO TAKE A 'GOD' BREAK AND SPREAD HIS MESSAGE WITH WORDS FROM YOUR SOUL. I THINK THERE ARE POEMS HE GIVES TO YOU MORE OFTEN THAN YOU THINK, BUT THEY ONLY COME OUT WHEN YOU 'DECIDE' TO LET THEM.....THEY'RE IN THERE, BUDDY, YOU JUST NEED TO KICK BACK MORE AND OPEN YOUR MIND TO LET HIM IN !!! GIVE YOURSELF SOME "STEVE AND GOD" TIME !!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:59 pm

OK Mom, I think you are right!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: ))((

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:54 pm

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:51 pm

O I just love that monkey LL. I had him once but he got away, and you found him. I hope he wasn't a problem for you. You do know that they like to pick their noses a lot, don't you. Well, I'll just put him back in his room, after I feed his. Hey, by the way, I hadn't heard from you for spell before today. Have you not been feeling well? Did you get the link to your video that I sent. I already forgot the name of it. LOL Working on one now. Catch ya later Ms. Linda. God bless.

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:52 pm

We have to quit meeting this way. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Shirley Baucom
Platinum Member

Post by Shirley Baucom » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Steve, my friend, My heart is truly blessed by this wonderful poem about friendship and I praise God for the wonderful friend you have been to so many people, including me. Your encouragement has meant so much to me concerning my writing and I have been so blessed by the love of Jesus and the inspiration that flows from your heart....by way of your poetry, your sermons and the encouraging replys to the writing of others.
God bless you dear friend,
Shirley

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:12 pm

You are so precious and sweet. And I just sent you an email about this poem, you had already been here. God bless you Shirley. GLYASDI

vickielynn
Silver Member

Post by vickielynn » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:13 am

Deacon Steve this poem really touched my heart I had just wrote a poem about my best friend and this really touched my heart my friend almost died last week and I realized just all the things I should be doing for her, a true friend is so hard to find, and I thank God every day for mine she is the one I ask prayer for , I would like to send her a copy of this would it be ok . beautiful poem I"m sure she will enjoy it as much as I did God bless you thank you for sharing, this would make a beautiful video you do such a beautiful job on your videos, lol vickie )))((( :)
[img][/img]God bless vickielynn