Together we’ll find the way
We’ll turn a gray sky to blue
We’ll lighten our loads each day

Together in life we love
Together we take a stance
Together we play the music
That lets this friendship dance

Jeffrey Paul Guest © February 2009
Last edited by Jeff Guest on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).
Jeff Guest

Re: ~*Walk Of Friendship*~

Postby Happy Holmes1 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:45 am

Jefwies, can I choose the dance? How 'bout the "Boogie Woogie"? This is a sweet poem, but it kind of sounds like you were sad when you wrote it; maybe I'm wrong, but the Boogie Woogie'll cheer you up, so get on your dancin' shoes, loose clothes, and you might want to do about a 30 minute warm-up before you get down to the nitty-gritty limber city stuff. Hope you're light on your feet. :lol: :lol: :lol: hee haw!
-Holmesy
Don't let someone's dill pickle make your sweet one, sour! -Happy's Thoughts!
Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Re: ~* Walk Of Friendship *~

Postby Jacqueline Ramm » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:02 pm

Dear Jeff, that is exactly what a friendship is all about - walking together, turning grey skies to blue, sharing each other's burdens, just by "being there". I hope you are organising your dance card because after Holmsey's finished dancing you around the floor it will be my turn - how about the Kangaroo Hop?
Love
Jacqueline
Jacqueline Ramm
Gold Member

Postby hisheart » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:08 pm

My dearest Jeff,

The song that Garth Brooks sings called "The Dance" came to mind as I read this very touching gift to those of us who are blessed to be called your friends. Some things in life are so difficult to give up, we wonder if it would have been better to have never had the experience at all.

If this were our last conversation, I would have never wanted to miss the dance we shared, Jeff. When we cried together, the tears were real. When we laughed, we laughed hard. And when we dance.............we see , feel and taste the joy of the friendship. Thank you for sending me this beautiful blessing. You are one dance, I would have never wanted to miss..........!

Love you !
Karen
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
hisheart
Diamond Member

Postby Jeff Guest » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:11 pm

Wets do da happy dance Swap Happy Holmeys!!!

me toll you secwret...

de udder days me hears dis woud noise, wing wing wing...me tinks den figars out dat it be da teleypone..me picked it ups an me onwy hears breeving, me tinks oh mys dis is one of dem opteen pone cawls!!! well wet me's toll ya, it was dat kawren dunkers and her says me has gots da snots and me is breeving in da pone and nows you's had gots it hahaha...me tinks oh mys dis is da cowd & fwu teason me betturs hangs up weal qwick, it was tooo wate cause mes gots da snots now toos!!!
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).
Jeff Guest

Postby Indigo Blue » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:33 pm

Beautiful absolutely beautiful!!! I'm so happy you consider my your friend..You are a friend to cherish indeed.
Love Ya
Lynelle
IF I WAS TAKEN AWAY TODAY
WOULD YOU STILL REMEMBER ME TOMORROW
Indigo Blue
Platinum Member

Postby Chee Chee Martin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:44 pm

You wrote a masterpiece here sweetie!!! Such a beautiful friendshp poem and I am so glad you consider me one of your friends!!! :-) Well, we know what dance we're doing don't we ~ THE FOG DANCE!!!! Hee-hee!!! :-) Trouble is, by the time everyone gets done dancing with you, you'll be too tired to dance with me!!! :-( But, that's okay sweet cheeks!!! We'll just sit in the fog and talk and laugh!!! :-) You always bring a smile to my face!!! You's just a rascal and I wuv ya!!! :-) Hugs ~ Chee :-)
Chee Chee Martin
Gold Member

Postby B Lawyer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Well, as you can see, I have my dancing shoes on, Jeff, and I'm raring to get out on that dance floor!!! This is a beautiful friendship poem. I am so pleased you consider my your friend because I consider you my dear friend, too. Friends are supposed to do all the things you mention in your poem and you have been there for me on more than one occasion. I can't imagine not having you in my life. You make me cry with laughter and your caring, loving heart is always giving to others. You make the bestest friend ever!!!! Thank you for this wonderful poem and for your wonderful friendship. I will treasure it always.

May God always bless you and may He always hold you close to His heart.

Love You,
May God always hold you in the palm of His hand and may you always sleep with Angels surrounding you.
B Lawyer
Platinum Member

Postby sillysal » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Image Image Image Image Image

I'm blushing :oops: You know, as a former performer, few people really get to know ME ... my costumes attracted a LOT of attention ... for 17 years.
All too often we posturize, procrastinate and hypothenize how others look, think, believe, etc. Often we are 100% wrong though quick judgements persist everywhere.
I resist crying (it makes Al upset), love laughing (but Al says I laugh too loud), enjoy walking but dancing makes me feel joyful. However, I do it without my shoes so I can feel the music (and so, Al won't dance with me anymore as its' embarrassing).
So~if you don't mind a barefoot dancer who may surprise you and show up as herself, count me in :)! But, first, please dance with all those other loving friends as I also enjoy watching others enjoying themselves.

God bless and watch over you, dear.
Sandy
sillysal
Gold Member

Postby mark090854 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:10 pm

Comment Withdrawn, March 1, 2009
Last edited by mark090854 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
mark090854
Registered Member

Postby karenkelley » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:37 pm

A BEAUTIFUL POEM FROM A BEAUTIFUL SPIRIT AND A LOVING HEART THAT MAKES GOD SMILE!!THANK YOU FOR INVITING ME TO BE PART OF YOUR LIFFE'S CIRCLE AND FOR YOUR GIFT OF FRIENDSHIP. A GIFT I DO NOT TAKE LIGHTLY. HOWEVER I PROMISE NOT TO STEP ON YOUR TOOTIES AND YOU MAY LEAD!! MAY GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU CONTINUE TO DANCE YOUR WAY INTO THE HEARTS YOU TOUCH WITH YOUR WORDS OF LOVE AND WISDOM. AGAIN JEFF THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND!!! HUGS AND SMILES!!!
RESPECTFULLY,
KAREN K. )))(((
thanks for the support. a great man is known by his works and word. may there be more people willing to uphold those truths.
respectfully, Karen Kelley
karenkelley
Gold Member

Postby DeaconSteve » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Friends are a special gift from God and yes my brother we walks together sad times, good times, and brighten up each others day with sunshine, and with joy and peace and even with dance, though I kind of freak out when I dance these days. Not the dancer I used to be.

However, I used to be good at roller skaking, but not ice skating like these guys:

Actually, I am best known for my leaps and bounds. Well that was back in the seventies and eighties when everyone knew me as:

But I really do like to watch others dance that dance where they break their backs goind under a broom stick. So, my jeffbrey broter frend, here's to FRIENDSHIP!!!!!

IT HAS MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

BE BLESSED. AND WHAT AN AWESOME POEM YOU HAVE PENNED ONCE AGAIN. On the serious side, I hope I'm not getting any vibes from Karen's post about if this was our last conversation. We will chat, we will chat, we will dance like the rats! By the way, I love you my brother and friend. Be blessed.

GLYADSI
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!
DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Postby Mel1970 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:55 pm

I love this poem about friendship. It looks as though you have many loving friends too. The interesting spelling has me laughing. I speak 3 languages, fluent in only 2, but I have never seen anything like this. It is really funny! You and your friends must have a lot of fun! -Mel-
Venir voile absent avac moi.
Mel1970
Registered Member

Postby Cayorin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:56 pm

Awww Jeff! That is so touching...sniffle, sniffle, sniffle. I am honored to be considered on of your friends but most of all to have you as a brother.
I will gladly walk with you and share your tears, smiles and laughter...but we will have to take little breaks in there as I cannot walk very far anymore... :wink:
Yes, we will find those gorgeous blue skys and try to figure out what those clouds are shaped as too. :D
And that dance! Well, my dear friend, we will have to dance a slow dance taking small steps to the right only...lol...anything else trips me up and I fall down!! :( But if you dance with all our other lady friends first, you will be tired enough to enjoy a slow dance by the time you get to me. :D
So, I'll be ready when you are and I have that last dance saved for you!
Love,
Teresa
Cayorin
Registered Member

Postby hisheart » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:53 pm

Jeffies,

I not too, neevers didst calls you on de pone wit da snots. I not ebben habbed da snots and you allatime tewin' stowies and seekwit about me.

I twying to figga out what dance we should do. We boff wikes to do da Fweddie......!! But i weally fink we shud twies to do de POLKA!!!! iT IS A twikey widdle dance but I am gweat wiff it and I can teech you any how to do it. OR we can do da wimbo with dat stick........!!! OR we can do dat Put you Widdle Feets!!! But, you got biiggggggggggg feet mr. romance and I a widdle bit afwaid you mite smush my toes.

Beside, i tink if you gots da snots, I will wait a week befow I come obber dere to dance wiff yore big footeed self.

Ok, bye bye,
Kawren dunkers......... !
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
hisheart
Diamond Member

Next

Return to Friendship Poetry