Brings back memories of all our fun.

So, let’s try our best to make a vow,
Just between me and you,
That we will try to take more walks like this,
And share a laugh or two.

God blessed us with a friendship,
That goes back for years and years.
And some of the things we talk about
Bring us laughter, and some bring tears.

So, just remember as we part,
That I’ll be looking forward to,
That special feeling in the air,
That always makes me think of you.

Written by Karen Bunker
October 3, 2008
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
hisheart
Diamond Member

Re: SOMETHING IN THE AIR

Postby Jeff Guest » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:11 pm

I just put my vote in for an ecard for this wonderful poem my sweetest of all friends!!! This is absolutely beautiful and leaves the reader with a warm and wonderful feeling of friendship!!! I've always loved the brilliance of your beautiful writes and this is just another in a long line of outstanding and spectacular poems!!! God Bless!!!
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).
Jeff Guest

Postby B Lawyer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:28 pm

Dearest Karen....This is such a wonderful poem of friendship. As I was reading, I felt I was walking beside you and I could even smell autumn leaves burning! You paint such a vivid picture with your words. This is just beautiful. It will make a wonderful E-card. Maybe Jeff can put my vote in for me, since I have no idea how to do that. You are just the best friend to all of us, and we all love you very, very much.

May God continue to inspire your creativity and send many blessings into your life.

Love You,

Beverly
May God always hold you in the palm of His hand and may you always sleep with Angels surrounding you.
B Lawyer
Platinum Member

Postby DeaconSteve » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:58 pm

Certainly will get my vote Jeff, you know the drill my friend, tell Skip to include me as well. Just an awesome poem dear Karen, so very beautifull written in verse and touches my heart as it has and will others. Of course I love all of your poetry, who doesn't? Thanks you. I can't wait for the e-card. Love you mucho. God bless.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!
DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Postby hisheart » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:46 pm

Dear Jeff,

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my poem. I am so blessed to have you as my bestest friend ever!!! I wrote this today for a friend that I have had since we were in elementary school. She and I have been dear friends for all these years. We don't see each other as often anymore, but we talk on the phone and have plans to get together soon.

This time of year always makes me think of her and the fun we had when school would start every year. We were a couple of stinkers, too!! God bless you, Jeff, for nominating this for an ecard. No matter what, I'm just so glad that you like it.

Love you, my friend, and thanks,
Karen
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
hisheart
Diamond Member

Postby hisheart » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:51 pm

Dear Beverly,

Oh my dear Angel Friend, it will be nice one day when we can take a walk like that and enjoy the times and laughs and tears we have shared. What a blessing you are to me. You are always there to encourage me, no matter what.

I am thankful for you everyday. Thank you for coming to share your thoughts and comments with me. I am so glad we are friends.

Love you, Angel Beverly,
Karen
hisheart
Diamond Member

Postby hisheart » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:56 pm

Hi Steve,

I am glad to hear from you. I have missed you but I pray that you are feeling better and resting up from all of the hard work you do for all of us. Thank you for your sweet comments and for the vote for an ecard..........THANKS TO YOU, TOO, BEVERLY!

I really love this time of year, but rarely write about it. I want to thank you for sharing your thoughts with me and taking time to come by and read my poem. God bless you, Steve. What would we do without YOU?

Thanks and Love to you!
Karen
hisheart
Diamond Member

Postby Pokey's Heart » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:32 am

Oh buttercup, this is so beautiful, as ALL of yours are! I am so excited for you that you are getting together with an old friend like that...what a tremendous blessing! God is just so good all the time!

I pray you have the best of times,
Walking down memory lane,
Some things have changed in life,
While others remain the same.

Enjoy the journey, my dear friend,
Let laughter fill your heart,
Share some tears if you must,
But smile when you part.

Friends such as lifetime ones,
Are such golden gifts of love,
Bestowed by one who loves us,
Given from God above.

Let leaves of memories fall like rain,
The gentle, soothing kind.
May you both enjoy your visit,
Spending much quality time!

Love you always,
Pokey bee
"I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13
Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Postby hisheart » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:42 am

My Pokey Bee,

It is wonderful to have old friends that love us even when they know all about who we really are. But, sometimes we have "New Old Friends". Those are the friends that we meet and have not known that long. But, they just love us immediately even though they have never even seen us. THOSE ARE THE KIND OF FRIEND THAT YOU ARE TO ME. I feel that you have been in my life forever and I KNOW it is because God made you a true part of my heart.

Your poem here is beautiful and deserves its' own space. You are so precious. You have the most Godly Spirit I have ever known. I love you, my Pokey! I cant help but cry. This poem really touched my heart.

I thank you for being my "New Old Friend"...........what a blessing!

Buttercup
hisheart
Diamond Member

Postby Jeff Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:13 am

Just had to read this beautiful poem again!!! I love what sweet Pokey has added as well, you both are the very best and how blessed we are to have you!!! Love this poem!!!
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).
Jeff Guest

Postby hisheart » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Thank you, Jeff. That is exactly the way we all feel about you. You are so sweet and thoughtful.

Love,
Karen
hisheart
Diamond Member

Postby ImSaved2 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:15 pm

Oh, how I would love to take a walk with you!!! We could put James in his wagon and stroll to the park. Then he could crunch all the leaves (he loves to do that)!!! Then we could go home and sit in the crisp air and munch on cookies (peanut butter of course) and sip hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows!!!! But we would have to do that at your house. It was only in the 70's yesterday, but it will be back in the 80's here today :( It will be a while before I get to wear my new sweater :( I will have to put in my vote too!!! This is spectacular!!! (((Jeanette)))
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:2
ImSaved2
Platinum Member

Postby Happy Holmes1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi Karen, I like your "fall" poem. Say, you know what one leaf said to the other leaf? Answer: Please help me, I'm falling. No, maybe I need another answer...just trying to make up an autumn joke. One leaf said to the other leaf, "Can't you see I'm falling for you?!" hardy har har! Seriously Karen, that was a nice poem that I am almost sure I felt a nice fall breeze while reading it. It may have been a hot flash, I don't know. Either way, I love reading all of what you write. YOU'RE AN INSPIRATION! -Dawn
Don't let someone's dill pickle make your sweet one, sour! -Happy's Thoughts!
Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Postby Janice Kennedy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:44 pm

Well, Dear Sweet Karen, I put a vote in for it the other day, when you first posted this masterpiece of friendship. So, now I am back to comment and read this beauty, again. Can't hardly wait for that walk, my sweet friend. Like you were saying the other day, we can meet half way...that would really be grand.

Love and Blessings Joyful Jan
:D :D :D
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME
Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Postby hisheart » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:15 am

Jeanette,

Oh, how I love you!!! Wouldn't that be wonderful? There is nothing better than walking with a dear friend that you love. As I was reading your comment, I could just see us pulling that wagon with that dimpled little boy riding in it. Ummm, and I could really taste those wonderful peanut butter cookies, oh and hot chocolate!! Bring your sweater and we'll go as soon as you get here. Better bring your Mom, too! We wouldn't want to miss out on having her with us.

Thank you so much for taking time to visit with me. You are precious and I cant thank you enough for just being YOU!!!

Blessings,
Aunt Karen
hisheart
Diamond Member

Next

Return to Friendship Poetry